The Education Forum

Bob Schieffer: Comey Firing Reminds Me of JFK Assassination

Discussions of the Trump/Russian scandal in the forum have been relegated to “Political Discussions” section in the “Controversial issues in History” topic.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?/forum/258-political-discussions/

It was clear to me and others at the beginning of the Trump/Russia scandal that the controversy would evolve into a criminal case more significant to American history than either the JFK Assassination or Watergate. That is why I asked at the time that a separate section be created in the forum.  For example, the Trump/Russia scandal certainly eclipses in importance “The Death of Marilyn Monroe” section in the “Controversial Issues in History” topic and was deserved its own section.

Had a separate section in the forum been created for the Trump/Russia, it would have become recognized as the central depository for information about that scandal and attracted thousands of new viewers to the forum.  As it now stands all my many posts about Trump/Russia in the “Political Discussions” section go unnoticed by non-forum viewers because the title is so nebulous. Instead I now use my Facebook page to spread vital information on the scandal to the public, marking all my posts there “public.”

I just watched this 2014 interview with Comey. I see a stand-up guy. I can't explain the timing of the letter just before the elections, except that he would be criticized if he waited.

The interview revisits the attempt by Bush and Andrew Card to go around Comey and visit John Ashcroft in the hospital, in an attempt to get Ashcroft to sign-off on some questionable directives.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/james-comey-fired-fbi-director-in-2014-60-minutes/

Oops, I thought I was in the Politcal Discussions area. I would not have bumped this.

Edited by Michael Clark

I won't say what Bob Schieffer reminds me of.

Oh my! You guys are acting like he fired the entire FBI. If my boss at work were fired, we would continue on doing what we already were working on. And, you should be comforted that McCabe is the acting director. Did we all forget about his wife's ties to the Clintons and Terry Mcauliffe?

This is also an investigation with no crime. They are trying to find a crime. Don't most investigations start with a crime being committed? The police are not going to investigate me for the murder of my wife when she is alive and well. I would be more than happy to get behind an investigation if there were proof or even a hint of a crime. 

This reminds one of the Salem Witch Trials. I thought we had become enlightened in our society and were past this sort of behavior.

The one Comey confirmed in March to congress. Also, the house intel committee investigation spearheaded by Adam Schiff. Both of those are looking into Russian meddling, and are trying to tie Trump to that. 

Edited by Ty Carpenter
correction

Schieffer says Trumps firing of Comey reminds him of JFK assassination times with it's similar crisis of conspiracy suspicion in the minds of millions of regular Americans.

And that this wide spread ( and growing ) extremely negative feeling among our citizenry towards our highest government leaders and institutions is again breeding massive mistrust and a loss of confidence which is what happened after JFK in Dallas on 11,22,1963.

And several other prominent figures have been quoted in the national media stating their feeling that Trumps possibly implied - you'd better watch yourself - threat to Comey about tapes of their personal conversations reminds them of something right out of the film "The Godfather" in it's ominous tone of intimidation.  Whew, things are getting bad here folks.

Being around someone like Trump who is constantly angry, fighting, threatening, insulting and scowling ( especially if they are not getting their way ) is incredibly nerve wracking and exhausting. Like being around a bully? And this has created an unprecedented amount of anxiety for millions of Americans. It's like we are on the verge of a nation wide panic attack!

Edited by Joe Bauer

Schieffer says Trumps firing of Comey reminds him of JFK assassination times with it's similar crisis of conspiracy suspicion in the minds of millions of regular Americans.

No offense, Joe - but Schieffer is calling "Kennedy" because every other journalist and his/her grandmother has already called "Nixon."

It is becoming more and more believable and possible that Trump may be the first president to be removed ( forced to resign ) from office before his first year is up.

7 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

It is becoming more and more believable and possible that Trump may be the first president to be removed ( forced to resign ) from office before his first year is up.

What evidence do you have to support this opinion?

Ty, since the presidential election in November the entire country has been struggling with the issue of Russian tampering in the election process and if it actually helped get Trump elected.

Struggling to understand how much importance we should give this tampering  ( if it really happened ) and how we should deal with it.

There is a sickening feeling about it all that is not going away and is actually growing and the issue is important enough that we "must" deal with it and one senses the only real way we can get through this mess is to have a serious investigation without financial and political bias restriction to get to not just the truth about the election tampering, but how much Trump and his circle of appointees are connected to and overly influenced by a foreign regime whose interests and principles conflict greatly with our own and who may be the culprit in this fraud of our democratic process.

We are all seeing and hearing too much now about Trump's actions in trying to influence this investigation momentum and make it all go away. And his efforts in this regards are becoming so overt and aggressive they seem to be pushing the boundaries of legality and reflect a desperateness we haven't seen since Nixon and Watergate.

Nixon's Watergate and his never ending and even criminal efforts at trying to cover it up became such an exhausting and distracting issue with the rest of the country and our whole society, the decision was finally made to end it all by kicking Nixon out and jailing his fellow criminal cohorts.

I see the same exhaustion building within our country with Trump. And not just with his efforts to stonewall the Russian influence of our election issue.

It's also an exhaustion with his never ending confrontational mental and emotional style of leadership where every issue becomes an angry fight and all those who disagree with him and his decisions and policies are attacked and insulted and taunted like a jr, high school playground argument.

My evidence of the opinion I stated in my last post is admittedly just my own observation and interpretation of what I am seeing in every media every day regards Trump and these issues and the growing criticism ( and weariness ) of Trump from more and more of our highest authority and influence figures in the government and media.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Please go to the Trump site link Kathy has provided to see the latest David Gergen piece on Trump.

This Gergen piece reinforces my earlier post message about Trump.