The Education Forum

Where's Ruth's couch?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Chris Newton said:

Gee thanks Bro but I was trying to see what Tom Hume was talking about and that's why I tried to ask Tom Hume to clarify which image Tom Hume was referring to when Tom Hume asked, "Is that doorway on the right a sliding pocket door?" or words to that effect.

Thanks anyway, Bro.

--  Toomby :sun

There are very few photos of the "little desk secretary" in the public domain. This is the only glimpse I'm aware of.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vd9txbmhlwfhrbc/Pain_grant1.jpg?dl=0

When I zoom in to the piece of furniture over Ruth Paine's shoulder and chopped off on the left of this photo, I note the following about it:

I see a shadow near Ruth Paine's elbow that appears to be on the carpet and behind her.

I assume the shadow is created by the leg of the furniture and the lamp.

That piece of furniture appears to have a very large top drawer or possibly a "fold down",  as would  the "little desk secretary".

Edited by Chris Newton
grammar

Tommy, trouble yourself to read my original post, not the excerpt that Chris posted.  

"Chris, a couple of questions about the kitchen photo you posted a link to:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k1yg261kpwdya5t/1920px-Ruth_Paine_Kitchen.JPG?dl=0

Could the doorway on the right be a sliding pocket door? It looks like the molding on the top might have a recess containing the hanging bracket. It also appears that the vertical molding might be revealing a pocket door. Do you think the lamp on the right in this photo is the same lamp we see in the living room photo in your first post.? Also, are we seeing a man’s legs and shoes next to Marina in this living room photo?"

10 minutes ago, Tom Hume said:

Tommy, trouble yourself to read my original post, not the excerpt that Chris posted.  

"Chris, a couple of questions about the kitchen photo you posted a link to:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k1yg261kpwdya5t/1920px-Ruth_Paine_Kitchen.JPG?dl=0

Could the doorway on the right be a sliding pocket door? It looks like the molding on the top might have a recess containing the hanging bracket. It also appears that the vertical molding might be revealing a pocket door. Do you think the lamp on the right in this photo is the same lamp we see in the living room photo in your first post.? Also, are we seeing a man’s legs and shoes next to Marina in this living room photo?"

Sorry Tom, 

I don't use DROPBOX and so the little "loading thingy" jus' a-keeps on spinnin' 'round 'n round .........

8 minutes ago, Tom Hume said:

Tommy,

Apology accepted.

Tom

Dear Tom,

I apologized?

How could I possibly apologize if I can't even see the photo or drawing or whatever you're talking about because I can't get that little DROPBOX thingy to stop spinning around and round and round and actually see what you're talking about?

Or do you think I'm "pulling your leg" to keep from having to "apologize" to you?

Huh?

Regardless, apologize for what?  Your not being clear as to which photo or drawing you were referring to in the post that I responded to?

Edited by Thomas Graves

7 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

I don't use DROPBOX and so the little "loading thingy" jus' a-keeps on spinnin' 'round 'n round .........

I wish that the "insert image from url" tool would work with dropbox in this version of the forum software but it doesn't.  I also wish I had more space to post images because I don't want to delete anything I have attached to other posts, atm.

Sorry, maybe refresh the cache?

8 minutes ago, Chris Newton said:

I wish that the "insert image from url" tool would work with dropbox in this version of the forum software but it doesn't.  I also wish I had more space to post images because I don't want to delete anything I have attached to other posts, atm.

Sorry, maybe refresh the cache?

Cache?

In anticipation of the ATMs and banks's computers freezing up in the near future, I've already withdrawn most of my money, so right now I have plenty of cache in my pocket.

That's what you're talking about, right?

Windows 10, Google Chrome (I think) browser, and other than that ........... I don't have a clue.

Oh yeah, I'm almost 68.  Think that might have something to do with it?

Edited by Thomas Graves

1 hour ago, Thomas Graves said:

Oh yeah, I'm almost 68.  Think that might have something to do with it?

I doubt it.

Here's the picture. What piece of furniture is that behind Ruth Paine? ...and yes, there seems to be a slightly folded piece of paper on top.

Pain_grant1.jpg.0e282bdf89a99c4b388b519a06b11ad5.jpg

1 hour ago, Chris Newton said:

I doubt it.

Here's the picture. What piece of furniture is that behind Ruth Paine? ...and yes, there seems to be a slightly folded piece of paper on top.

Pain_grant1.jpg.0e282bdf89a99c4b388b519a06b11ad5.jpg

Why you always be so crypto, Bro?

So, we be talkin' about the sofa, the wall, the door, or the "dresser" or the ... the ... the ..... "thingy", now?

Or 'bout that dirty, no-good CIA rat, Ruthie Paine?

Gotta help me out here, Brah.

Heck, I still be lookin' for Hume's "door on the right".

PS  "I doubt it."  -- Chris Newton

You don't think I'm (approx) 67.6666666666  years old?

You be gettin' paranoid on me, Brah?

Edited by Thomas Graves

35 minutes ago, Tom Hume said:

Wrong photo. Here's the Paine's kitchen:

unspecified-1_zpsjuehwnmg.jpeg

My Photobucked photo is smaller than the one Chris posted - the one linked below, the one that Tommy can't see, but I can't make mine any bigger.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k1yg261kpwdya5t/1920px-

Dear Tom,

Wouldn't be surprised if some walls and "doorways" weren't radically changed over the years.  Nice-looking kitchen, though.  Looks pretty darn new-ish to me.