The Education Forum

The FBI and the Promis affair: part 1

Douglas Caddy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 6/2/2017 at 10:59 PM, Kirk Ross said:

Very interesting.  But what's the connection to Watergate?

This may help answer your question. 

Overall, a case over software royalties has always seemed, to me, to be an unsatisfactory explanation for the murder of Danny Casolero and Alan Standorf (http://www.larsschall.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Chuck-Hayes-Danny-Casolaro-and-Main-Core.pdf)

conspiracy.jpg

30 minutes ago, Michael Clark said:

This may help answer your question. 

Not really.  For some time I have been aware of his connection to the "Promis Affair" and Inslaw.  But that context is later and is connected to (many) other conspiracies.  I don't recall how he said he came across this case or Standorf, but I seem to remember it was an unusual coincidence.  Now, he is coincidentally connected to another historical event involving  national security much earlier.  In my view, belief in coincidence is overrated.  I'm thinking there is more to his background than is publicly available.  How would it be possible for Cosalaro to establish this theory about Hunt in the early 70's?  All this was top secret back then.  

I just pulled out "The Octopus", which I haven't read in years.  According to that book all the Kennedy/Watergate/Cuba/Fidel was related to "The Octopus" (not that I'm convinced that the book is revealing "The Truth"", but it does make the connection itself).  Trying to keep my CT's straight here.  Didn't Fletcher Prouty introduce the metaphor of the octopus?   

29 minutes ago, Kirk Ross said:

Not really.  For some time I have been aware of his connection to the "Promis Affair" and Inslaw.  But that context is later and is connected to (many) other conspiracies.  I don't recall how he said he came across this case or Standorf, but I seem to remember it was an unusual coincidence.  Now, he is coincidentally connected to another historical event involving  national security much earlier.  In my view, belief in coincidence is overrated.  I'm thinking there is more to his background than is publicly available.  How would it be possible for Cosalaro to establish this theory about Hunt in the early 70's?  All this was top secret back then.  

I just pulled out "The Octopus", which I haven't read in years.  According to that book all the Kennedy/Watergate/Cuba/Fidel was related to "The Octopus" (not that I'm convinced that the book is revealing "The Truth"", but it does make the connection itself).  Trying to keep my CT's straight here.  Didn't Fletcher Prouty introduce the metaphor of the octopus?   

Hi Kirk, I bolded, above, several pronouns. I assume that you are referring to Danny Casolero, in all cases.

Regarding coincidences, I don't take them to the bank. They are helpful for developing speculation. Speculation is similar to a hypothesis and helps one move foreward in the excercise of proving or disproving one claim or another. That is the scientific method.

Regarding Prouty and the Octopous... That sounds familiar, I'll keep my eye out for it.

Regarding Inslaw and Promis.... that case, this software business, seems to fit better as a covering operation, a distraction, a hang-out. Perhaps Danny C. may have been on to this for a very long time, since the 1974 document posted above. He may have never let it go.

Edited by Michael Clark

1 hour ago, Kirk Ross said:

Didn't Fletcher Prouty introduce the metaphor of the octopus?   

No, it was "The Secret Team" that I was thinking of.  Similar idea, though.

• 1 year later...
On 4/14/2018 at 3:31 PM, Kirk Ross said:
On 4/14/2018 at 1:20 PM, Kirk Ross said:

Didn't Fletcher Prouty introduce the metaphor of the octopus?   

No, it was "The Secret Team" that I was thinking of.  Similar idea, though

Fletcher Prouty did use the Octopus metaphor, here, during the Carter administration.