The Education Forum

Morley Promoting Veciana

Morley is again promoting the Antonio Veciana story, this time with a Newsweek article:

But Morley is unaware of or continues to ignore the contrary evidence presented at my blog:

Jefferson Morley wrote on Facebook recently:

I interviewed Tony Veciana twice, once in a Washington hotel room, once in his Miami boat story. I spent about four hours with him total. I questioned him closely about certain events, shared some declassified documents (in which he was identified by the CIA code name of AMSHALE.) He spoke directly about the events in which he participated. Unlike a lot of Cuban revolutionaries, he did not wax eloquent. Nor did he BS, as far I could tell. You could say he was cold-blooded man. He was also blunt about his own mistakes and misdeeds, and candid in his regrets. Veciana was a soldier in the 50 year secret war between the U.S. and Cuba. He lived to tell his tale. And when it came to JFK, he talked.

Tracy, have you ever read "The Last Investigation" by Gaeton Fonzi?  Based on the recommendations of multiple commentators on this site I did.  If not you might find it informative.  It's about "On the Ground" investigation for the HSCA.

https://www.amazon.com/Last-Investigation-Insiders-about-Assassination/dp/1626360782/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1496547656&sr=1-1&keywords=the+last+investigation+by+gaeton+fonzi

I put no man on a pedestal.  I don't think Jeff walks on water.  But his and attorney Jim Lesear's 15 year or so suit of the CIA for files about the assassination is IMHO yeoman's work.  As I've posted on his site may times,

FREETHEFILES.

This Fall.  Veciana? Who was Joannidies, the man who gave Phillips the money to pay him?

Edited by Ron Bulman

10 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Tracy, have you ever read "The Last Investigation" by Gaeton Fonzi?  Based on the recommendations of multiple commentators on this site I did.  If not you might find it informative.  It's about "On the Ground" investigation for the HSCA.

https://www.amazon.com/Last-Investigation-Insiders-about-Assassination/dp/1626360782/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1496547656&sr=1-1&keywords=the+last+investigation+by+gaeton+fonzi

I put no man on a pedestal.  I don't think Jeff walks on water.  But his and attorney Jim Lesear's 15 year or so suit of the CIA for files about the assassination is IMHO yeoman's work.  As I've posted on his site may times,

FREETHEFILES.

This Fall.  Veciana? Who was Joannidies, the man who gave Phillips the money to pay him?

If you look at my articles it will be clear that I have read The Last Investigation as I criticize Fonzi's methods and conclusions. I have no problem with Morley's work to release the files. What I have a problem with is his uncritical acceptance of Veciana's story. As far as Joannides, we will see what is in the files and if it supports Morley's suspicions or not.

I don't think that Joannides files will be released. But I agree with Ron that he is the key to connecting Phillips to the DRE.