The Education Forum

What is wrong with CE 430?

Well, the front porch roof isn’t in the floor plan. The walkway between the garage and front door looks wrong. While not in the photograph, I think the photo of the kitchen on your other thread shows the back door and kitchen entrance in a different relationship than the floor plan. That’s all I see.

Well, the driveway and walk near the front looks angled bigger/wider in the exhibit, the garage looks to be longer in the front, I don't see any indication of window locations, I don't see a concrete drainage ditch (although it just might be visible in the photo).

The front door is all the way to the left of the front wall in the photo. There is mere inches between it and the garage wall.

but...

I measured the front of the house, from the door to the eastern corner of the house, to about 35 ft. on the floor plan using the scale that's on the plan.

I assume the front door is about 3 ft. wide in the photo. If so, the house is only 30-32 ft from the door to the eastern front corner in the photo.

It looks like 3 ft. have been added to the entire floor plan to move both the front door and the kitchen/dining door east 3 ft.

WH_Vol17_0092c.jpg

Edited by Chris Newton

After some careful consideration and research, I'm going to say I was wrong about the "extra" three feet being added to the home. 

I checked the Irving, TX.,  property tax information website and the listing for home at 2515 W. 5th St. includes a living area of 1067 sq. ft. This appraisal matches the approximate 26' W x 45' L home depicted in CE 430 (less half the garage space which is listed separately).

I am still not wrong about the front door and the dining area/kitchen door as depicted, they have each been "moved" east by approx. three feet. It seems that this required the artist that created this "depiction" to create a bigger porch and walkway and shorten the large picture windows to the right of the front door.