The Education Forum

Need Help Getting 3 LinkedIn Groups Started

Hi folks.

I just created 3 groups in LinkedIn and could use some help. At the very least they need to be populated. The focus of them is described by the name of my domain: JFK Numbers (inspired by my days at JFK Facts). In order of measurable achievements, the groups are:

(1) Two X-Rays to 3D Model Reconstruction

https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12049556

Base material is here:

Scientific Study of Autopsy X-Rays

(2) Free Open Source 3D Model of Dealey Plaza

https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12048960

Base material is here:

Free Open Source Model of Dealey Plaza

(3) Cranium and Brain Ballistics

https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12049513

Base material is here:

Cranium and Brain Ballistics

-Ramon

Edited by Ramon F. Herrera

The last group has been renamed "Cranium and Brain Ballistics"

After all, the penetration and effect of the bullet into hard bone is studied by Finite Element Analysis, while its traversing through softer cerebrum material is done by Computational Fluid Dynamics.

4 hours ago, Michael Clark said:

Hello Ramon, do you have similar pages for Facebook? I use LinkedIn as a strictly professional portal. My interest in history and dark politics don't mesh well with my use of LinkedIn.

Michael: But those 3 groups are strictly professional! Dark, you said? My politics could not possibly be more light and transparent, like a fine glass. Darkness need not apply, I will leave that for our esteemed counterparts of the LN persuasion.  :-)  Similarly, there is zero history (unless it is an old, seminal scientific paper).

That said, I do get your point.

With the utmost respect (check Larry Hancock's post and mine below) to my respected/admired counterparts of the non-scientific persuasion:

Been there, done that, have the t-shirt, dear Vince

Larry is doing a wonderful, low profile work, behind the glamorous scenes

... my goal is to sharp elbow the historians, lawyers, journalists [we only have one, my former e-boss  :-) ], sociologists [sorry, Vince  :-) ]. In short, what I am doing is telling them:

"move over gals and gents, the 21st. century science & technology just arrived".

I am including Free Libre Open Source Software/3D Modeling -as opposed to the Myers and PBS insulting charades- as 21st. century technology.

[BTW: Don't care about being diplomatic with lawyer jokes, no apologies necessary: like Jews and Gays, they have the very best, self-deprecating jokes themselves. See Hollywood, Will&Grace, etc., etc.   :-)  ]

Does that mean that the Michael Clarks and Vanessas of the world have to get busy:

"Chop, chop, Vanessa/Michael, be a dear and get a couple of PhDs + Postdoc in Finite Element Analysis and Computational Fluid Dynamics -specialized in Cranium, Cerebrum and bullets, would ya'" ?

Absolutely not! You are needed as self-appointed representatives of The People. You are the ones (have you seen "Grey's Anatomy"?) in the auditorium above the O.R., watching the surgery with vigilant eyes. You are the ones who were banned by Dulles, Hoover and LBJ in 1964 and again by professor Robert Blakey in 1976.

[More on this in a few minutes - I have a cool, funny anecdote about THE highest qualified, world class scientist who I have been able to recruit for those Groups (aka my 3 children). ]

Shalom,

-Ramon

On 6/22/2017 at 0:49 PM, Ramon F. Herrera said:

[More on this in a few minutes - I have a cool, funny anecdote about THE highest qualified, world class scientist who I have been able to recruit for those Groups (aka my 3 children). ]

For a few years, I have been hunting the pair below and other rare, highly specialized scientists who know about Cranium and Brain Ballistics.

(1) There is this young lady:

Aurelie-Jean.jpg

https://www.linkedin.com/in/aurélie-jean-phd-aa045932/   (scroll down, to "Brain Tissue Mechanics")

who clearly has a gazillion followers. She has not replied yet, but I am not deterred by doors being shut in my face. (BTW: RMS has been close, impatient about my "sub-plots" -I apologized, asked him to give me a second chance- but still has not sent me on my way to Hades).

(2) I was also after this handsome young fellow:

Kwong Ming Tse  

After I sent him an invitation, Kowng joined immediately.  Several other people (who have no idea about Brain Mechanics) with titles like "Trauma Manager" (a suit lady), or nurses, etc. from the "Brain Trauma Foundation" which deals with people who are alive, joined as well. I have not even written the first post.

The funny part is that I envision Kwong Ming Tse, patiently sitting in his movie theater chair, wondering:

"Humm, it is awfully quiet in here, I wonder when the movie or attraction starts?"

I have not gathered the courage to tell him:

"Esteemed Kwong: YOU are the main (*) attraction!"

-Ramon

(*) "and so far the only, unless you persuade Aurélie Jean to join us".

ps: Check Out the Expert that I just Scored, Larry!

Kwong-Ming-Tse.jpg

I think that this being The Education Forum, and with the recent tendency of the Kennedy case to move into the realm of science and technology (*), most of us should get an account in LinkedIn.

https://www.linkedin.com

-RFH

(*) As usual no disrespect to my competitors or "rivals" for eyeballs, attention span, funds (?) who are historians, lawyers and from other non-numerical fields.