The Education Forum

Clint Hill asks for a STARTING price of 10,000 dollars?!?!?!?

OH MY GOD---from a friend who requested anonymity:

"I asked the rep for Clint [Hill] what he charges for speeches he wants first class airfare n hotel paid for n speeches start at $10k."

STARTING AT 10,000 DOLLARS?!?!?! I know he has made a mint with his three books but wow! By the way- Hill and his co-author Lisa have officially been together since 2013 and now live together in San Francisco. LIKE I ALWAYS SAY: it is the people promoting the OFFICIAL story who make the money...the rest of us lose money or break even and, in any event, work for a living. Hill hasn't worked since 1975!

http://www.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/features/why-i-blame-myself-for-jfks-death-248893.html

Hill, who lives in Virginia, is “happier than I have ever been” with Lisa McCubbin, the journalist he co-wrote the memoir with. “The calendar says I’m 81 [now 85] and she’s 48 [and still younger than his two sons], but I feel 52.”

4 hours ago, Vince Palamara said:

"I asked the rep for Clint [Hill] what he charges for speeches he wants first class airfare n hotel paid for n speeches start at $10k."

STARTING AT 10,000 DOLLARS?!?!?! I know he has made a mint with his three books but wow! By the way- Hill and his co-author Lisa have officially been together since 2013 and now live together in San Francisco. LIKE I ALWAYS SAY: it is the people promoting the OFFICIAL story who make the money...the rest of us lose money or break even and, in any event, work for a living. Hill hasn't worked since 1975!

There have always been certain publishers ( actually those who own them ) who pay illogically over-sized advances to historical figures they want to promote before they even sell any copies of their co-written books. I also feel that sales numbers of these books by these same publishers have often been manipulated to present these books as better sellers than they really were.

Bill O'Reilly made what....$1,000,000 for his WC promoting JFK book?

Ha!     It reads like a junior high school history project!

I truly think even "I" could have written something better than O'Reilly on the JFK event!  

Dozen's of research writers here could put out something 10 times better than O'Reilly's laughable tome in one week of morning typing from their notes ( and they have over and over! ) yet they'll never get those outrageous "other side pay-off" payouts for their work. 

4 hours ago, Vince Palamara said:

Well, on the speaking trail, $10K is a relatively low rate for a historical witness and published author, however we feel about him (which has changed from season to season).  It reflects the venues and organizations he wants to attract.

On the other hand, at the end of his life Laurence Olivier appeared in one crap film after another for big money, not because he needed the work or because his health permitted, but because he had multiple heirs to provide for.  In Hill's case, there's primarily L***.

Edited by David Andrews

Who is it that is paying people like Clint Hill this kind of money and how are they recouping this expense?

I've seen several videos of Hill speaking at venues promoting his books ( where I presume he is paid these amounts ) and the audiences shown don't seem any larger than those of countless JFK CT authors when they are invited to speak about their books. The fees paid to Hill surely can't be covered by the attendance fees charged to the audiences at his appearances.

Wonder if Gerald Posner also used to charge and get paid fees for his appearances. Same with Vincent Bugliosi?

It's also illogically disturbing to me to see convicted and jailed criminals like G.Gordon Liddy resurrected and gifted later on with gold plated income radio talk show host positions.

Oliver North got a sweet book deal and his own TV show!

Yes, North's criminal convictions were expunged later on.

Who is behind these public image resurrection and high income rewarding deals given to nefarious ( but right wing promoting ) types who were convicted of crimes against our society and our constitution? I think we all know the answer.

Yes, towing the government lines ( even if you are a convicted criminal ) pays big time compared to the opposite.

And just look at the "right wing" promoting radio talk show propagandists ( versus left wing which I don't think exist anymore ) in the national media. These guys are paid a fortune.

Rush Limbaugh makes what...$25,000,000 a year?

Just for doing nothing more than sitting on his be-hind 4 hours a day, 5 days a week obsessively ranting and  promoting the Right Wing ideology and working up his listener base by angrily demonizing the left.

Shawn Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, Glenn Beck, Mark Levine, Michael Savage...all the same thing. Mind blowing salaries for demonizing liberals and anyone who even keeps an open mind in this realm. That's where the big money is now-a-days.

There is a reason that right wing and ultra right wing groups and individuals have been buying up the media the last 30 to 40 years. The huge majority of our national media is NOT owned by individuals of left leaning political sympathies anymore.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Wonder if Gerald Posner also used to charge and get paid fees for his appearances. Same with Vincent Bugliosi?

Oh, hell yes.  Bugliosi had Helter Skelter and the Manson prosecution behind him, so you can imagine what fees his assassination book commanded. 

Posner with the best-selling dissenting view to the CTers, vigorously praised in the major papers?  Imagine what people paid to have their fears relieved by such a handsome, mustachioed authority, endorsed by the New York Times

Edited by David Andrews

Speaking of Rush Limbaugh;

Described as an "ultra conservative" talk show host.

Two websites list his net worth at $500 MILLION!

All from just bashing liberals for 25 years.

Nice gig.

FWIW, most of Bugliosi's and Hill's appearances of which I am aware were promotional appearances for their books. These appearances are usually free to those in attendance, but an author might sell a hundred or more books at full price to those waiting in line for an autograph, and make a few grand in the process.

The 10k price for an appearance described by Vince is not for one of these appearances, but for an appearance at a community center, for which people are charged admission, or an appearance at a convention or corporate retreat. A good friend of mine has been on a number of high-end cruises and he tells me these cruises almost always have a few celebrities or authors along on the cruise, who give a talk on one of the nights and mingle with the customers on the other nights. This sounds like the kind of thing Clint Hill should look into, seeing as he's cashing in.

The 10k price for an appearance described by Vince is not for one of these appearances, but for an appearance...

Right, Pat. Everyone needs to stay fed, clothed, and housed in today's age, even old Secret Service guys. And unfortunately, the general public soaks it all up to smiles and applause. It's just another speaking gig to them, like HC and many others. And also like Rob Ford after he murdered Jesse James.  Thankfully, Hill doesn't clamber on top of a fake limo with a dummy showing the hole in the back (or side of its head), then jumps off bowing to applause.

On 6/8/2017 at 6:52 PM, Vince Palamara said:

OH MY GOD---from a friend who requested anonymity:  [why Anonymity? Your friend sounds like a shrinking violet :-)  -Ramon]

Note: This is required prerequisite reading:

Four Reconstructions of the Crime   

=====================================

Hi Vince:

Here's a couple of recent, personal experiences that fully confirm your assertions. One is about the people promoting the OFFICIAL story being who get the resources, info, etc. and the other is about the $10k amount. With due respect for your irreplaceable work: if the community happened to have 10 grand handy (say that we found it, forgotten in our collective change pocket :-), I happen to know of a use which is a lot more earth-shaking, paradigm altering than yet another been-there-done-that-have-the-t-shirt Clint Hill interview. Read on.

(a) I have been inviting readers to try the following. Just repeat what I did. The objective is to obtain the laser measurements from the PBS Nova special that was financed by the Koch Bothers, who obviously have an ulterior motive, an agenda attempting to prop the Official Lie. Talk about conflict of interest and betrayal to PBS' charter ...

2 Relevant Video Clips

- Contact PBS and their Ombudsman.

PBS Has Betrayed Us

- Next, insist to call and e-mail the Haags.

CTs Don't Need to Apply

Will Lie for a Reasonable Fee

- Finally, try contacting Leica Geosystems. The person who did the work is Tony Grissim.

Leica Geosystems Won't Release the Laser Measurements for All the Money in the World

Immediately, I was able to reach his assistant, a fellow Latina. The broken-record pattern is this: They showed great interest, told me that they could sell me the fancy equipment. Do I need just a one-time survey of one location? No problemo, they can do the laser survey for me. Next, utter the words "Dealey Plaza" and that will be the last time you hear/read from them.

[More to come, I owe you part (b)]

-Ramon

Edited by Ramon F. Herrera

9 hours ago, Ramon F. Herrera said:

(a) I have been inviting readers to try the following. Just repeat what I did. The objective is to obtain the laser measurements from the PBS Nova special that was financed by the Koch Bothers, who obviously have an ulterior motive, an agenda attempting to prop the Official Lie. Talk about conflict of interest and betrayal to PBS' charter ...

2 Relevant Video Clips

- Contact PBS and their Ombudsman.

PBS Has Betrayed Us

- Next, insist to call and e-mail the Haags.

CTs Don't Need to Apply

Will Lie for a Reasonable Fee

- Finally, try contacting Leica Geosystems. The person who did the work is Tony Grissim.

Leica Geosystems Won't Release the Laser Measurements for All the Money in the World

The most I was able to reach was his assistant, a fellow Latina. The broken-record pattern is this: They showed great interest, told me that they could sell me the fancy equipment. Do I need just one location? No problemo, they can do the survey for me. Next, utter the words "Dealey Plaza" and that will be the last time you hear/read from them.

[More to come, I owe you part (b)]

-Ramon

[Previous Thread: Introducing... The SS-100-X Lincoln Continental ]

Oh, incidentally. For a reconstruction like the Official Ones done by ABC/Dale Myers and PBS/Koch Brothers you will need the blueprints of the limo, correct?

I acquired this car model, based on publicly available photos, etc. ...

SS-100-X Model

... and made a deal with the Russian company that makes it. They have been most kind (*) and offered to make any modifications. For instance, the real color is not black but blue and they obliged in about 24 hours.

The Russians Never Fail to Give Me Help (Have a letter to Putin ready)

-Ramon

(*) Have I mentioned lately that I get a lot more technical help from people and companies outside the US?

Edited by Ramon F. Herrera