The Education Forum

Is John Mc Cain losing it?

Well, first off, I'm not sure we need lawyers to tell us that our President has obstructed justice.His best choice is to pursue the "dummy defense." And as usual Paul Ryan is out in front, trying to help by passing it off that Trump is "new at this President thing.". That would appear to be his only real defense because judging by Trump's age, it's not plausible for Trump to argue he was out getting high during his 8th grade  civics classes.

I checked.

I think those Democrats who had hope for  Republican Hawk John Mc Cain being the one Republican who puts Country over Party better think again, (or miraculously find a Democrat Doctor to change his meds.) In his drifting, but crochety interrogation with Comey today. He became so obsessed with (President?) Comey's depiction of his encounters with Trump as being a "Big Deal" that he assumed the whole Trump Russian hack scandal, and Trump obstruction of justice scandal and  Hillary's e-mails scandal last year had glommed into one humongous big deal of an ongoing scandal, with what I think was....Hillary with her Russian spies?? and accused Comey of applying  a "double standard" for separating them.

Is Mc Cain losing it...or crazy like a fox?

Check it out!

https://youtu.be/cqwKcD5XPo8

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

Crazy like a befuddled fox.  I think he's losing it.  In his exchange with Comey,  McCain was completely befuddled (looked like dementia to me) by what Comey was saying about the two investigations; namely, the Hilary Email Server investigation was completed on July 5th, 2016 and the current Russian Meddling/Trump Cover-up investigation is ongoing; not completed.  I was watching live and was astounded by McCain lack of wits.....and this guy is a sitting Senator.  I was surprised that no one on the Committee came to his rescue.  They just let him twist in wind

6 hours ago, Dan Doyle said:

Crazy like a befuddled fox.  I think he's losing it.  In his exchange with Comey,  McCain was completely befuddled (looked like dementia to me) by what Comey was saying about the two investigations; namely, the Hilary Email Server investigation was completed on July 5th, 2016 and the current Russian Meddling/Trump Cover-up investigation is ongoing; not completed.  I was watching live and was astounded by McCain lack of wits.....and this guy is a sitting Senator.  I was surprised that no one on the Committee came to his rescue.  They just let him twist in wind

actually McCain got help, the Charman cut him off at the knees.

I've been struggling for words to portray that limbo of consciousness he was in. Is there a state called "sleepsitting".

Ok, Seriously I think you're probably right Dan, (sorry Dan, I first wrote Bill) it's probably the early stages of dementia. Like all of us, I'm not getting any younger. I want to be compassionate but unfortunately Mc Cain has 5 more years in his term and won't be out until 2022 when he's 85 years old..

Of course the nostalgic darling of conservatives is Reagan, who entered office at 70. His son Ron said in an interview, about 10 years later that Reagan was never the same after the failed assassination attempt on his life, which was only 3 months into his presidency in 1981. I'm not sure what his son meant by "was never the same', but Reagan never quite had a moment like Mc Cain though he did fall asleep at a number of functions as President.

Reagan was officially diagnosed with Alzheimer's in 1994.Though it was kept a. secret for many years that Reagan had brain surgery after a fall from a horse while riding in Mexico in July 1989. And at that time the doctors noticed in surgery the beginning of Alzheimer's. In 1996 he was visited by his Secretary of State George Schultz who stayed for an hour, but when he left Reagan asked his wife Nancy who was he?.For the last 8 years of his life he was incapable of involved conversation and remembered very few  people of his life. For the first half of that, he in public was very congenial to well wishers passing by, taking photos with them, and was pleasant in small talk but had no idea that the their attraction to him was because he had once been the most powerful man in the world. He died in 2004.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway