• Announcements

• Evan Burton

OPEN REGISTRATION BY EMAIL ONLY !!! PLEASE CLICK ON THIS TITLE FOR INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR REGISTRATION!:   06/03/2017

We have 5 requirements for registration: 1.Sign up with your real name. (This will be your Username) 2.A valid email address 3.Your agreement to the Terms of Use, seen here: http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=21403. 4. Your photo for use as an avatar  5.. A brief biography. We will post these for you, and send you your password. We cannot approve membership until we receive these. If you are interested, please send an email to: edforumbusiness@outlook.com We look forward to having you as a part of the Forum! Sincerely, The Education Forum Team
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Larry Hancock

Gene Wheaton

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Those familiar with Gene Wheaton's story, and others, may be interested in my current blog post on him, the vetting of him as a source and William Law's interview with him.  Its on my blog at https://larryhancock.wordpress.com/

Edited by Larry Hancock

Posted (edited)

Larry,

The link requires log in. I clicked on "Register," and it wants me to create a blog or website. 

Edited by Ron Ecker

Posted (edited)

Larry - Wheaton didn't name names? I remember him from my Iran Contra trading cards research and the Christic Institute material. Wasn't Wheaten a source for Daniel Sheehan? I'm thinking Rafael Quintero.

Edited by Paul Brancato

Wheaton did not name the names he heard discussed as having been involved in Dallas.  He did name the individuals he was associated with at the time he heard the Dallas names in reminiscing sessions - that was Jenkins and Quintero, who he indeed was provably associated with at the time.  Wheaton was very firm about not doing anything beyond trying to get those two to offer statements to the government since they would have held the actual information and would have been able to substantiate it while he could not. 

Wheaton was indeed a source for Sheehan but things began to go off the rails shortly afterwards because he had been warned that he would be "poisoned" as  a credible source for trying to get the two on record and sure enough that smear campaign did occur.   If you have the 2010 version of SWHT this is all discussed in some length.  I also go into the overall Contra/drug smuggling thing is another kettle of fish entirely. .

There is indeed Chris...I bring that up in SWHT (see page 390/391) although its in a couple of places.  I'm not sure I would call them plots though.  There appear to have been at least two sanctioned military missions involving sniper attacks or some sort of ambush of Castro prior to the Bay of Pigs.  One apparently involved  Felix Rodriquez. Those were very serious operations and somebody went to a lot of effort to keep it covert. One of the things that makes Wheaton's story so important is that it was just the two people he mentions - Jenkins and Quintero - who had trained or been in training with some of the key suspects in the Dallas attack. And who were later involved in Contra activities.

When you put that together with RFK's call the afternoon of the assassination to Artime's people (Quintero was his second in command and Felix was on his team)  it continues to take you to the same set of individuals.

Its one of the few places where all the pieces can be proven to fit together.

2 hours ago, Larry Hancock said:

There is indeed Chris...I bring that up in SWHT (see page 390/391) although its in a couple of places.  I'm not sure I would call them plots though.  There appear to have been at least two sanctioned military missions involving sniper attacks or some sort of ambush of Castro prior to the Bay of Pigs.  One apparently involved  Felix Rodriquez. Those were very serious operations and somebody went to a lot of effort to keep it covert. One of the things that makes Wheaton's story so important is that it was just the two people he mentions - Jenkins and Quintero - who had trained or been in training with some of the key suspects in the Dallas attack. And who were later involved in Contra activities.

When you put that together with RFK's call the afternoon of the assassination to Artime's people (Quintero was his second in command and Felix was on his team)  it continues to take you to the same set of individuals.

Its one of the few places where all the pieces can be proven to fit together.

Agree Larry. And it's a very short distance to a former president, whose interactions with Felix Rodriguez and the rest spanned 30 years.