The Education Forum

My Guantanamo-didit-CT

On 6/19/2017 at 0:10 PM, David Andrews said:

Wha?

Gitmo is rarely spoken about in the JFKA case. It had to have been in jeopardy when one thinks of the possible outcomes of a Batista government, a Castro takeover, a BOPI success, Detente with Castro, or normalization with any other future Cuban government. 50 years of boycott got us around all of those issues. 

I was hoping to spur some discussion, or, at least, find out if there is any discussion or research on Gitmo, in this context, to be had or seen.

Edited by Michael Clark

14 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

Wha?

And, to be sure, I have stated recently that, in regard to the JFKA case, I am seeing a spider rather than a snake. I am trying to identify and a have a look at each leg. I am looking for a Gitmo leg. I have seen nothing with regard to evidence, yet, Res ipsa loquitur (the thing speaks).

Well, you're right that Gitmo doesn't get discussed much.  Maybe the long form research would begin with reading the newspaper coverage and the JCS documents from the time Batista fled on forward to the Johnson administration.

In the 1970s, we financed a CIA-influenced election in Jamaica to keep that island accessible to US and British military and intelligence, so in the 1960s the loss of Gitmo to a Soviet-backed nationalist would surely have been a casus belli,  The intel precautions must have been considerable.

Edited by David Andrews

9 hours ago, David Andrews said:

Well, you're right that Gitmo doesn't get discussed much.  Maybe the long form research would begin with reading the newspaper coverage and the JCS documents from the time Batista fled on forward to the Johnson administration.

In the 1970s, we financed a CIA-influenced election in Jamaica to keep that island accessible to US and British military and intelligence, so in the 1960s the loss of Gitmo to a Soviet-backed nationalist would surely have been a casus belli,  The intel precautions must have been considerable.

I converted the Batista Wikipedia entry to a PDF of 27 pages. I serched that PDF for the word Guantanamo.... Zero results;

-"Guantanamo" was not mentioned once.

-"Navy" was not mentioned once.

Edited by Michael Clark