The Education Forum

If you could have witnessed any event in History

There are so many I would have like to have seen the dinosaurs, the building of the Great Pyramid at Giza, the birth of Christ, the signing of the Declaration of Independence, and on ,and on ,and on

sorry I got carried away :rolleyes:

Mike

It's incredibly silly of me, but I'd like to have seen a party with the Rat Pack. When I was suffering from insomnia, the only thing that could relax me enough to give me even thirty minutes' sleep were the voices of Sinatra, Martin, & Davis Jr. I'd like to see how things were, not according to some author who heard a story from someone whose grandmother's cousin heard from her boyfriend's brother what happened.

Nothing great, but, I'd like to have been able to ask Elizabeth I the real reason she never married. I'd like to have been a member of the Bloomsbury set, just for a while. I'd like to have seen the Great Exhibition in the Crystal Palace. And this is not really history, but I wish I had been in the right place at the right time to see Maria Callas's major performances.

It still comes from a grape vine. Even from me.

My mother did see Frank Sinatra when she was a teen. She said they acted like it was Elvis in my generation or the Beatles. I guess the Beatles were out when I was her age of seeing Sinatra.

I did see a play once with Yul Brenner in it and sat in the second row from the front of the stage. It was sad, it was his second to last performance of his life. He had cancer and that play in Philadelphia was his very last performances in his life except for a TV commerical of STOP SMOKING, it can cause cancer.

He died soon afterwards of lung cancer.

I felt like Brenner stopped and looked at me for a second when he was bowing. He looked so sad. He just looked at me or in my direction and just paused and looked after the play. We all commented on it that was in our group that went together.

When I think back of the movie "the Ten Commandments" It takes my own breath away to this day.

Brenner was a Wonderful man and great actor.

I stood in the same spot once that Charleston Heston once stood and very few people actually do or would stand there. One day maybe different, it will be open to the public I AM SURE OF THAT ONE. That is on Andrew Wyeth house and property. It is where Heston gave his remarks for his friend Wyeth on a tape called Helga dealing with art work. Why Wyeth paints the way that he does. I have that tape at least for now. Making up my mind to give it over to someone and for him to give hopefully over to Dick Clark. Mr. Clark, had a stroke and very ill right now. Make it go around and let it known of what is really going on. Maybe with any luck it will all come out into the open and people won't think I am crazy anymore.

As far as events in history, I guess every day in everyone life is an event in history because we are all part of a team and we all inter twine in that GREAT DRAMA called life itself.

We never know who we touch or how any one can be effected by our own presence. We say things and it gets around, we tell jokes or stories or our own events and it goes all over. Some maybe only an ounce of it ever gets out and some goes out one hundred fold. WE NEVER KNOW.

Also, we never know how WE ourselves can change history by our own deeds or acts. WE CAN AND WE DO (JUST BY BEING OURSELVES) TAKE PART IN HISTORY EVERY SINGLE DAY THAT WE ARE ALIVE!!!

Happy Birthday to a Great Forum and with Great People who do help it to be 'as good as it get's' !!!!!

Edited by Nancy Eldreth

Greetings All: ;)

I would have liked to witness, from a safe distance of course, the first eruption of the super volcano that lays under what is now Yellowstone National Park.

Since we are some 10,000 years overdue and a lot of strange geological activity is now occuring in the Park I would really like to get some kind of idea as to what to expect if and when that volcano goes off again.

Comments anyone? ;)

for me it would probably be the release of Nelson Mandela and the denise of apartheid ...

Happy holidays

The "Ten Days that Shook the world" still shake me.

I think most of us would like a helicopter over Dallas on Nov 22 1963 with camera coverage of the motorcade, the book depositiory and the grassy knoll so we could send the videotape to John :D

More personally I would have liked to see one of Bill Hicks' live shows in London.

And of course I want to see the sun rise tomorrow. I will always want that :D

I think most of us would like a helicopter over Dallas on Nov 22 1963 with camera coverage of the motorcade, the book depositiory and the grassy knoll so we could send the videotape to John :)

:D:lol:

Gosh that would have saved us some time would it not?

The event I'd most like to witness is in fact an event regrettably yet to occur - the festive spit roasting of a team of Ofsted Inspectors

:D

There are so many events i would have loved to have witnessed.

1) The Beatles playing a gig in the Cavern Club before they were famous.

2) VE day just be be in the atmosphere of such an hisotric event

3) The 1916 rising innIreland when we obtained our indepenedce from Britiain

These are just a few but i hope they are a bit interesting.

Caroline

Greetings!

More interesting perhaps would be for you to relate an experience from a past life ....

Peter

I would have liked to have been with Oppenheimer when he detonated the first a-bomb. The excitement of that moment must have been great. At the same time, I would have liked to have been able to stop the development of this technology. Yes, it may have some great potential for energy, but I believe that the costs and the potential danger is too great. Being a rancher as well as a teacher, I would have loved to have participated on one of the early cattle drives, to truely experience the hardships and excitment of the time. But really, as a student of history, there are so many moments that I would have loved to have participated in it's funny.

I would have liked to have been with Oppenheimer when he detonated the first a-bomb.  The excitement of that moment must have been great.  At the same time, I would have liked to have been able to stop the development of this technology.  Yes, it may have some great potential for energy, but I believe that the costs and the potential danger is too great.  Being a rancher as well as a teacher, I would have loved to have participated on one of the early cattle drives, to truely experience the hardships and excitment of the time.  But really, as a student of history, there are so many moments that I would have loved to have participated in it's funny.

_______________________-The first Easter Sunday,

The Beatles live, (Did see Paul; here in 93),

JFK alive, with spiderman to the rescue

Mark Chapman shot on 12/7/80

Walterrt Cronkite tell the truth before he dies.

Chuck Colson tell the truth period.

FOrd and Specter tried and sentenced.

too much to list

Dawn