The Education Forum

Why Assassination Necessary

Paul

I appreciate the dialog.

When the movie JFK came out I was angry that so much "artistic" license had been taken by Oliver Stone.  Just as I was having those feelings I realized that, in fact, I was not that well educated on the subject and decided I needed to learn more before I could be critical and knowledgable at the same time.

I remember thinking at the time, any cold case begins with the record.  So I went to a used book store and bought the Warren Report and begn reading.  Within the first 30 pages of the summary I was reading about Major General Edwin Anderson Walker and the fact that on April 10, 1963 (seven month before the assassination of Kennedy) Lee Harvey Oswald attempted to shoot Walker.  I had never heard of Walker but knew that any man who was a Major General in 1963 played a role in World War II.  Being a military history "nut" I began doing a little research on the man.  10 years later, here I am and of course I have a hypothisis (I refuse to call it a theory because I am still looking for anybody to explain away what I have discovered).

If Oswald acted alone I felt that he would need a motive of some sort.  In todays age we might call Oswald a serial killer if he had in fact killed both Kennedy and Walker.  I guess I was looking for a link that would give him some sort of motive.  It did not take me long to find a potential link.  My guide was the 26 volumns of suporting documentation.

In the Walker testimony the person who questions Walker makes a statement about not needing to go into his backround because everyone knew who he was.  I had lived and remember vividly the assassination but I sure did not know who General Walker was.  This as well as the rest of the testimony intriqued me, especially the part where Walker was contacted by a German newpaper at 7:00 A.M. on the moring following the assassination while he was staying at the Captain Shreve Hotel in Shreveport, LA. (how did they know he was there?).  That newpaper printed a story the following Wednesday that Oswald had shot at Walker.  It was not until the following weekend that the FBI became aware of this same information from Marina Oswald.  I thought this very strange.  Walker, it seemed to me at the time, had acted like a man who may have been very scared the day following the assassination of John F. Kennedy.  As I would later learn, fear was not a trait that Walker was known for!.

When I found that Walker was a far "right winger" but had been at Little Rock, Arkansas in 1957, I began to focus upon this Forrest Gump type figure that was in more than one historical location in his life.  I soon found that being at the forfront of World events was common for Walker.m  Perhaps to common.

Loking deeper I learned, that the man whom the Warren Commision did not bother looking intos past, had commanded the First Special Services Force (arguably the the most uniquely trained unit of WWII and the "father" of the Green Berets) and had traveled to Europe, to take over the 24th Infantry Division, at the same time that Oswald was making his defection to Russia.  My question was, could they have met along the way?

Using the Warren Report as my guide my original thoughts have led me to discover a close relationship between Edwin Walker and Maxwell Taylor and to many other coincidences to mention here (I invite you to read my previous posts).

New evidence, recently uncovered by Jeff Morley only lends additional support to my original hypothesis.

My story goes bact to 1927 and a young cadet, Edwin Walker, who meets an instructor at West Point named Maxwell Taylor.  It is a story of intrigue that is on an international scale.  It goes from the Pacific to the Atlantic.  It takes us to the verge of nuclear war (First Straits of Taiwan Crisis) and to an attempted phone call that the HSCA discovered Oswald may have attemtpted to make to a man named John Hurt.  The story is about an airplane trip to Helsinki that the CIA could not identify at the time (in 1994 researcher Chris Mills found the answer) but that the Warren Commission reports cost exactly $111.90.  It shows that on the exact day that the US Embassy in Helsinki sends a message to the State Department (a message that was only declassified for the HSCA) which said that a tourist that would show up at the Russian Embassy in Helsinki with Intouris Visas in hand could get a visa into Russia withing 48 hours.  Oswald followed these instructions to the letter after haveing deverted from France and travelling in England on the that same day only to show up at the only embassy in the world where he could easily get into Russia, just as the classified embassy message said.

Yes Ron, the Warren Commission and the HSCA as well as the supporting documentation is something that we all need to study. I have and I have gone from believing that Oswald was a "lone nut" assassin to now believing something very different.

Jim Root

Paul,

You would be much happier on McAdam's forum.

I read your bio and then your comments all made sense.

If LHO did it then kindly do something Sen. Specter refuses to do and EXPLAIN how the single bullet theory is possible. And don't tell me Peter Jennings has already done so last year in his absurd cartoon. That was fiction done with sophisticated graphics, nothing to do with real life.

Buy Groden's video "JFK", (1993) and after seeing it post your comments.

We'd all be delighted to hear your explanations. In fact I will be willing to make a copy of this video myself (with Bob 's permission of ourse and payment for same to Bob)- and send it to you. (Since it was a Christmas present, I am not sure where my brother in law obtained it and he is out of town, on business at the moment.) Probably on ebay tho.

Dawn

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dawn,

The single-bullet theory has been proven to be correct a number of times, including when it was tested by the House Select Committee on Assassinations in 1976. Since then, a new ballistic/forensic technology, not available in 1964 or 1976, called "neutron analysis" confirmed that the metal missing from Commission Exhibit 399 (the single bullet) matched the fragments found in Kennedy's neck and Connolly's wrist to the exclusion of all other bullets and all weapons other than Oswald's. I know you have heard that the single bullet is pristine, that it's like a new bullet, but Dawn, it isn't. That is one more of the distortions caused by the less-than-honest researchers who desperately want a conspiracy.

By the way, I don't know where you live, but if you ever get a chance, go to Dallas and visit the Sixth Floor--the museum about the assassination at the Texas Schoobook Depository. Look out the window in the corner. Let the scene engulf you. Watch the motorcade, watch it turn left onto Elm St. Listen to the crowd. Look at all the people waving. Look how close that open-top limo is. My gosh, I'll bet he could hear me if I yelled loud enough. He's so close. You are standing where the assassin stood, where Commission Exhibit 399 was about to leave the Manlicher-Carcano rifle and enter history. He did it, Dawn, he did it.

Your question is confusing to me, Paul.  A group of people disliked JFK's policies and had him removed.  It's as simple as that.  Obviously, there was something they wanted to happen that could not happen as long as JFK was alive.  We look for the clues as to what that was, and who it was, by reading, and trying to understand, history.  In JFK's case, there are a number of suspects.

I, for one, have made no claims that the conspirators were all-powerful.  You are correct to assume that an all powerful group of men could have snapped their fingers and simply made their puppet JFK behave.  If your point is that there is no such all-powerful group I agree with you.  If you are trying to stretch that into saying that therefore there was no murder conspiracy then you've lost me.

Who is this "group of people" other than Oswald? Where is the evidence other than supposition. If "simple as that" is your criterion, then the simplest of all is one man--Oswald-- and no conspirators other than his own sociopathic demons.

Paul

I appreciate the dialog.

When the movie JFK came out I was angry that so much "artistic" license had been taken by Oliver Stone.  Just as I was having those feelings I realized that, in fact, I was not that well educated on the subject and decided I needed to learn more before I could be critical and knowledgable at the same time.

I remember thinking at the time, any cold case begins with the record.  So I went to a used book store and bought the Warren Report and begn reading.  Within the first 30 pages of the summary I was reading about Major General Edwin Anderson Walker and the fact that on April 10, 1963 (seven month before the assassination of Kennedy) Lee Harvey Oswald attempted to shoot Walker.  I had never heard of Walker but knew that any man who was a Major General in 1963 played a role in World War II.  Being a military history "nut" I began doing a little research on the man.  10 years later, here I am and of course I have a hypothisis (I refuse to call it a theory because I am still looking for anybody to explain away what I have discovered).

If Oswald acted alone I felt that he would need a motive of some sort.  In todays age we might call Oswald a serial killer if he had in fact killed both Kennedy and Walker.  I guess I was looking for a link that would give him some sort of motive.  It did not take me long to find a potential link.  My guide was the 26 volumns of suporting documentation.

In the Walker testimony the person who questions Walker makes a statement about not needing to go into his backround because everyone knew who he was.  I had lived and remember vividly the assassination but I sure did not know who General Walker was.  This as well as the rest of the testimony intriqued me, especially the part where Walker was contacted by a German newpaper at 7:00 A.M. on the moring following the assassination while he was staying at the Captain Shreve Hotel in Shreveport, LA. (how did they know he was there?).  That newpaper printed a story the following Wednesday that Oswald had shot at Walker.  It was not until the following weekend that the FBI became aware of this same information from Marina Oswald.  I thought this very strange.  Walker, it seemed to me at the time, had acted like a man who may have been very scared the day following the assassination of John F. Kennedy.  As I would later learn, fear was not a trait that Walker was known for!.

When I found that Walker was a far "right winger" but had been at Little Rock, Arkansas in 1957, I began to focus upon this Forrest Gump type figure that was in more than one historical location in his life.  I soon found that being at the forfront of World events was common for Walker.m  Perhaps to common.

Loking deeper I learned, that the man whom the Warren Commision did not bother looking intos past, had commanded the First Special Services Force (arguably the the most uniquely trained unit of WWII and the "father" of the Green Berets) and had traveled to Europe, to take over the 24th Infantry Division, at the same time that Oswald was making his defection to Russia.  My question was, could they have met along the way?

Using the Warren Report as my guide my original thoughts have led me to discover a close relationship between Edwin Walker and Maxwell Taylor and to many other coincidences to mention here (I invite you to read my previous posts).

New evidence, recently uncovered by Jeff Morley only lends additional support to my original hypothesis.

My story goes bact to 1927 and a young cadet, Edwin Walker, who meets an instructor at West Point named Maxwell Taylor.  It is a story of intrigue that is on an international scale.  It goes from the Pacific to the Atlantic.  It takes us to the verge of nuclear war (First Straits of Taiwan Crisis) and to an attempted phone call that the HSCA discovered Oswald may have attemtpted to make to a man named John Hurt.  The story is about an airplane trip to Helsinki that the CIA could not identify at the time (in 1994 researcher Chris Mills found the answer) but that the Warren Commission reports cost exactly $111.90.  It shows that on the exact day that the US Embassy in Helsinki sends a message to the State Department (a message that was only declassified for the HSCA) which said that a tourist that would show up at the Russian Embassy in Helsinki with Intouris Visas in hand could get a visa into Russia withing 48 hours.  Oswald followed these instructions to the letter after haveing deverted from France and travelling in England on the that same day only to show up at the only embassy in the world where he could easily get into Russia, just as the classified embassy message said.

Yes Ron, the Warren Commission and the HSCA as well as the supporting documentation is something that we all need to study. I have and I have gone from believing that Oswald was a "lone nut" assassin to now believing something very different.

Jim Root

I bow to your expertise, Jim, and your dedication to researching the likes of that nefarious duo, General Walker and Maxwell Taylor. And the travels of Oswald have been studied more than those of Ulysses. So I'm asking, what evidence is there that those two guys, or anyone else for that matter, put Oswald in the window on November 22, 1963.

Tim, you're absolutely right. The worst part of the whole Kennedy Assassination epic (not counting, of course, the assassination itself) is the murder of Oswald. What answers we might have been given at a trial!

So now, we are left to conduct the trial ourselves. But I tell you what, I'm glad I have the role of prosecutor in the case against Oswald than defense attorney.

quote=Paul Troglia,Jan 8 2005, 04:53 PM

Lee Harvey Oswald did it. He did it alone. There are no doubles. no grassy knoll shooters, no star chamber, nothing. A District Attorney with a degree from Lawyers-R-Us could have proved him guilty in 5 minutes. A sampling of the facts: the bullets came from his gun to the exclusion of all others;his fingerprints were on the gun found in the TSBD;he ran away from the scene of the crime;he was seen in the 6th floor window with the rifle;he went home and got a pistol after the assassination;he killed a cop who stopped him after the APB went out;he tried to kill the arresting officer in the theater but the gun jammed; he shot at Edwin Walkers house trying to kill him; he was a wife beater and on and on and on.

[...]

dgh01: Well, why thank you -- Maybe I'll ask John Simkin if we should close down this part of the Education forum.

What with your above declaration and all, why bother with discussion, eh? ROFLMAO!

David Healy

Paul

From your posts I believe that you will easily concede that Oswald was in the window and you believe, (and as the Warren Commission suggests) Oswald just happened to have gotten the job, with the help of people who had no more sinister motive than to help a man get a job who had a nice wife. Starting from those two points alone and following my hypothisis:

If there was some sort of consipacy it would require that Oswald would be a man who would be willing to take the life of another human being (I believe that paraphrases the Warren Report about Oswld) in place, the knowledge of that predisposition on Oswalds part and the ability to then give Oswald the opportunity (motorcade past the window that as you say, "Look out the window in the corner. Let the scene engulf you. Watch the motorcade, watch it turn left onto Elm St. Listen to the crowd. Look at all the people waving. Look how close that open-top limo is. My gosh, I'll bet he could hear me if I yelled loud enough. He's so close. You are standing where the assassin stood, where Commission Exhibit 399 was about to leave the Manlicher-Carcano rifle and enter histor).

The Morley research (See my "Big Fish" post) shows that literally real time information about Oswald was being passed up the "food chain." It also shows that agent Hosty's message, in particular, was being up the "food chain." We know from the Warren Report that agent Hosty interviewed Mrs. Paine and was made aware of where Oswald was working and passed that infromation on just as he had his previous messages. Is it two much to assume that that message went to the same people his previous message went to? Why didn't the CIA make the FBI aware of this? Please look at my previous post dealing with the establishment of the Warren Commission. The FBI was the only agency tasked with developing leads by President Johnson and Earl Warren, in the first meeting of the Commission Warren reafirmed this position. As we now know, the CIA had a lot more infromation about Oswald than the FBI knew to ask for. Coincidence?

We also know, from the Warren Report, that the motorcade route was "influenced" from Washington. That leaves Oswalds predispostion to take a human life, without which all the rest of this, so far, may only be coincidence. But Oswald had in fact, according to the Warren Commission, already on April 10th, displayed his predisposition to take human life. It was, as the record shows, reported to the police and investigated at the time. If someone were to know about Oswald being in the area, as we now know the CIA did know (Morley articles) someone would also have to be aware of the Walker incident (granted a local matter that should not have been of concern to anyone on a higher level). Maxwell Taylor first met Walker in 1927 and repeatedly used Walker throughout his career to handle some of the most sensitive military matters of the cold war (see privious posts). Taylor also had influence on the Kennedy calender, Maj. Gen. Chester Clifton, was selected to be the military aide to President Kennedy and was with the motorcade when Kennedy was assassinated (Warren Report). Is it a coincidence that Clifton's first CO upon graduation from West Point was Edwin Walker?

The Warren Commission neglected to go into Walker's backround. The CIA neglected to provide requested information on Oswald's flight from London to Helsinki (although it cost $111.90, page 257 I believe of the Warren Report). The State Department was aware of exactly what Oswald needed to do to get into the Soviet Union from the October 9, 1959 memo from our Ambassador in Helsinki (HSCA), one day before Oswald arrived in Helsinki Litterally within hours of his arrival in Helsinki Oswald enters the Russian embassy following exactly the information of the Oct. 9 State Department memo. (The first memo from the same Ambassador suggesting the ease of entry is dated Sept. 4, 1959 (HSCA) the same day Oswald received his early discharge fromt he Marines and applied for his passport (Warren Report)). Is it a coincidence that our Ambassador in Helsinki, John D. Hickerson was, during WWII, on the Permanent Joint Board on Defense, U.S. and Canada while a joint Canadian American Force, the First Sepcial Services Force, that Edwin Walker would serve in and command, was formed (the deployment of the FSSF needed joint Canadian American approval)?

Add to this the end of Walker's distinguished military career. Within days of the State Department's decision that Oswald would be allowed to return to the US (Warren Report provides date), the actions begin that leads to Walker's downfall and entry into "right wing" activities. Coincidence? In the Soviet Union, upon Oswald being issued his exist visit and within hours of his departure from the Soviet Union, Yuri Nosenko, a man with knowledge about Oswald makes contact with the CIA. Days after the assassination, this same man defects from Russia briinging with him full knowledge of Oswald and the official position of the Soviet Union. Coincidence?

The simple answer, for me, is not who put Oswald in the Window. The question is not what is in the record and what has been documented as factual since. The question is, "who put the motorcade past the window Oswald was in?"

Jim Root

Edited by Jim Root

Tim, you're absolutely right.  The worst part of the whole Kennedy Assassination epic (not counting, of course, the assassination itself) is the murder of Oswald.  What answers we might have been given at a trial!

So now, we are left to conduct the trial ourselves.  But I tell you what, I'm glad I have the role of prosecutor in the case against Oswald than defense attorney.

Paul

I posterd, but it is under your darn bio.

Dawn

Tim, you're absolutely right.  The worst part of the whole Kennedy Assassination epic (not counting, of course, the assassination itself) is the murder of Oswald.  What answers we might have been given at a trial!

So now, we are left to conduct the trial ourselves.  But I tell you what, I'm glad I have the role of prosecutor in the case against Oswald than defense attorney.

Paul

I posterd, but it is under your darn bio.

Dawn

Well it isn't after all, guess it's in cyberspace. I just do not believe you really believe this. I think this is a put on.

And I 'd love to try the case with you.

Dawn

Paul

Thought you might want to take a look at your potential adversary in the trial of Lee Harvey Oswald. His name was Jonathon Abt and I brought back a post I did about a month ago for you to look at. It is a shortened version of a much more in depth paper I did a couple of years ago.

Jim Root

Mr. LIEBELER. It is my understanding that on the evening of April 10, 1963, some person fired a shot at you while you were in your home on Turtle Creek Boulevard; is that correct?

General WALKER. That is correct.

Mr. LIEBELER. Would you tell us the circumstances surrounding that event, as you can now recall them?

General WALKER. I was sitting behind my desk. It was right at 9 o'clock, and most of the lights were on in the house and the shades were up. I was sitting down behind a desk facing out from a corner, with my head over a pencil and paper working on my income tax when I heard a blast and a crack right over my head.

Mr. LIEBELER. What did you do then?

General WALKER. I thought--we had been fooling with the screens on the house and I thought that possibly somebody had thrown a firecracker, that it exploded right over my head through the window right behind me. Since there is a church back there, often there are children playing back there. Then I looked around and saw that the screen was not out, but was in the window, and this couldn't possibly happen, so I got up and walked around the desk and looked back where I was sitting and I saw a hole in the wall which would have been to my left while I was sitting to my right as I looked back, and the desk was catercornered in the corner up against this wall. I noticed there was a hole in the wall, so I went upstairs and got a pistol and came back down and went out the back door, taking a look to see what might have happened.

Hey Paul

the problem I have with the "Lone gunman" theory. If LHO was that cold-

blooded hitman why did he miss Gen. Walker who was an easy target, sitting in

a well lighted room at his desk. Compared to the moving JFK , this target was only

good for "warming up" .

Your question is confusing to me, Paul. A group of people disliked JFK's policies and had him removed. It's as simple as that. Obviously, there was something they wanted to happen that could not happen as long as JFK was alive. We look for the clues as to what that was, and who it was, by reading, and trying to understand, history. In JFK's case, there are a number of suspects.

Who is this "group of people" other than Oswald? Where is the evidence other than supposition. If "simple as that" is your criterion, then the simplest of all is one man--Oswald-- and no conspirators other than his own sociopathic demons.

/quote]

Paul, you are a correct that the simplest solution would be a single shooter, Oswald. Unfortunately, the evidence, even the evidence accepted by the Warren Commission, points toward the likelihood of a second shooter. A second shooter implies a conspiracy, "a group of people." If you go to the JFK online seminars section of this forum, you will find my seminar on the autopsy photos, and why I believe they show evidence of a second shooter. Please read. Elsewhere in this thread you have cited the Neutron Activation analysis done by Vincent Guinn, (performed for the HSCA, by the way) which supposedly proved the so-called "magic bullet" had passed through the wrist of Governor Connally, and thus, the single bullet theory. I contend it actually proves nothing, and suggests the opposite conclusion than what was given. Here is a summary of Guinn's results, taken from his testimony before the HSCA.

sample antimony sample silver sample copper

6001c2 1235 141oswald 22.4 6002d 4516

6001c 1218 573 walker 20.6 6001a 2766

6001c3 1156 6001b2 16.6 842 wrist 994

6001c rt 1139 6003a 15.9 6001c1 391

6001c1 1062 6003a rt 15.9 6000a 372

6002b2 *1007 6001b 15.3 6003a2 257

6002b1 *990 6001b1 15.3 6000b 167

6002a1 *983 6001b4 15 6001d 147

6002b *949 6001b3 13.9 6002c 120

6002b4 946 6000b 13.5 573 walker 100

6002b3 942 6001a 12.2 6001c rt 67

6002a3 882 6000a 11.8 6003b 62

6002a2 *869 6001d 11.6 399 magic 58

399 magic **833 6002b4 10.7 6002a2 58

842 wrist **797 6002a1 10.3 6001c 48

6001b4 *791 6002a3 10.2 6002a rt 45

6001b *732 6002b2 10.1 840a floor 44

6003a *730 6001c2 10.1 840b floor 42

6003a rt***667 6002a2 9.9 567 seat 40

840b floor***647 6002b3 9.8 843 brain 40

6001b2 ****646 6003a3 9.8 6003c 36

6001b3 ****646 842 wrist 9.8 6002a1 34

840a floor*****638 6002b 9.7 6002a 30

843 brain****621 6002b1 9.7 6002a3 30

6001b1 ****621 6003a1 9.6 6003a1 28

567 seat***602 6001c1 9.5 6003a rt 27

6003c *464 6001c3 9.2 6002b 25

6003a3 *441 6002a 9.1 6002b3 24

6003a1 *395 6002a rt 9.1 6002b4 24

6002a *385 6003c 8.8 6001b 23

6003a2 *363 6003d 8.7 6001c3 23

6002a rt*358 840a floor 8.6 141oswald 22

6000b *261 6001c 8.5 6003a 21

6003d *240 6001c rt 8.5 6001b4 20

6000a **173 6003a2 8.3 6001c2 20

6001d **161 6002d 8.3 6001b2 19

6001a **158 567 seat 8.1 6001b1 19

6002d 121 843 brain 7.9 6001b3 18

6003b 80 6003b 7.9 6003d 17

6002c **24 840b floor7.9 6003a3 16

573 walker**17 399 magic7.9 6002b1 16

141oswald**15 6002c 6 6002b2 10

* denotes within 36 ppm of one other sample

** denotes within 36 ppm of two other samples

*** denotes within 36 ppm of three other samples

**** denotes within 36 ppm of four other samples

***** denotes within 36 ppm of five other samples

Guinn initially tested the recovered bullets and fragments on 8 elements. Unfortunately, of all the items tested, the wrist fragment was the least like the magic bullet. He then narrowed it down to just three elements, antimony, silver, and copper, and tested a number of other 6.5 mm M/C bullets for comparison. He found here that the magic bullet and wrist fragment sit side by side on antimony, and decided from this that therefore it was highly probable they were from the same bullet. Unfortunately, if one were to use this same logic, that residing within 36ppm on antimony is an indication that two fragments come from the same bullet, then over half of the other bullets tested were highly probable to be the same bullet as another bullet tested, even though it might be from another test lot, from another year. In short, his results were gobbledy-gook. He found there was little uniformity when doing repeat tests of the same bullet, and from slice to slice within the same bullet.

In fact, if anything, his tests showed that the wrist fragment is most likely NOT from the "magic bullet." When one looks at the fragments found in Kennedy's brain and in the car, one finds that these 4 fragments have a variance of 45 on antimony, .7 on silver, and 4 on copper. The 2 other items purported to be related, the magic bullet and the wrist fragment, have a variance of 36 on antimony, 1.9 on silver, and 946 on copper. Since the variance of 4 related items should be much greater than the variance of 2 related items, this is a strong argument that the magic bullet and the wrist fragment came from separate sources. But even this argument is questionable due to the unreliability of neutron activation analysis when applied to M/C ammunition. Bullets 6001b and 6003a, for example, came within 2ppm on antimony, .6 on silver, and 2ppm on copper, making them nearly identical, even though they came from different lots from different years, and were shown to be quite different through repeated tests.

The only conclusion possible is that Guinn saw what either he wanted to see or what he was told to see; his report shows that no scientific match between the magic bullet and the wrist fragment exists.

I urge you to go back and read the reports by the Government "experts" and not rely on the likes of Lattimer and Posner. Every report I've studied, from Guinn to Baden to Canning to Sturdivan, has been so full of holes it would be laughable if it weren't so tragic.

P.S. Sorry about the weird appearance of the chart. There were supposed to be three columns. I'm not sure why all the spaces were removed between the columns, but they were.

Edited by Pat Speer

Paul,

I have a question and I hope you can answer it.

Can you explain to me where Oswald learned how to shoot from a elevated position , on a moving target?

Kennedy's limo was moving away from the window. Elm Street also goes down hill, so from above, Oswald had a straight shot. He did not have to "lead" his target, like a duck shooter. And with a muzzle velocity of 2000 feet per second, the path of the bullet in the distance it had to go was also a straight line. Add to that a 4.5 power scope and the shot was, and I mean this literally and figuratively, a no-brainer.

Is this question really what makes you doubt Oswald's guilt?