The Education Forum

Why Assassination Necessary

I agree with Paul.

I think a lot of blame for the morass in Vietnam falls squarely on Robert Strange McNamara.

Don't blame me. I didn't vote for JFK. I knew he was a crook years before many Forum members discovered it. (I read "A Texan Looks at Lyndon" in 1964.)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Paul.

I think a lot of blame for the morass in Vietnam falls squarely on Robert Strange McNamara.

Don't blame me.  I didn't vote for JFK.  I knew he was a crook years before many Forum members discovered it.  (I read "A Texan Looks at Lyndon" in 1964.)

Tim,

You certainly came out of left field with this one. Care to explain a few things here? What was McNamara's motivation for the war in VN. Hell, he didn't even have an intel or military background prior to being named Secretary of Defense.

JFK was a crook? He stood up to the intel community that provided false information to further their claims of increased aggression against Castro. He stood up to the Military and Intel in their lies of the current state of affairs in SE Asia and decided to pull us out. He was a crook for calling them on their lies?

The fall of Vietnam did not result in the spread of communism. Allowing Castro to remain in power did not jeopardize the security of the US. He was not a crook, he was an intellectual who had the foresight to understand that we could co-exist.

Lets be realistic about who the bad guys were and are.

Al

Edited by Al Carrier

Ooops! Blew that one bad! I meant LBJ was a crook (not JFK).

You are absolutely right, JFK was an intellectual. I listened to every one of his news conferences when I was a teen-ager.

JFK did have problems, some of which have been discussed here.

Joe Kennedy may very well have been a crook, however, and it is possible he sealed his son's fate when he double-crossed the Mafia.

I don't think Joe ever intended to keep the deal he made with the Mafia.