The Education Forum

Biography: Brent Crosby

Brent Crosby

I live in Deer Creek, MN. However, I work as a data technician in St. Paul, MN, and the reason I wanted to join was because I bumped in to the Forum on researching President Reagan. I was extrememly impressed with the level of knowledge from the

participants, and I figured this would be a great resource for politics as well as providing any of my input.

I live in Deer Creek, MN.  However, I work as a data technician in St. Paul, MN, and the reason I wanted to join was because I bumped in to the Forum on researching President Reagan.  I was extrememly impressed with the level of knowledge from the

participants, and I figured this would be a great resource for politics as well as providing any of my input.

Brent: If it is your goal to compare liberals with conservatives, perhaps a good place to start (as you already have) is with Reagan who was a liberal Democrat who turned conservative Republican. My opinion is that he turned mostly through convenience after going to work for General Electric. He was their spokesperson for many years and they lavished favors on him. Another problem is the fact that the Democrats in recent years have moved to the right so that the difference between parties has become blurred. I have lived through the administrations of many presidents and have only one I can admire--Franklin Roosevelt. Other presidents range from some who were professionally competent but total failures like Hoover or neuroticly borderline insane like Nixon. All politics now is corrupted by the need to have vast sums of money to run for office. Senator Hollings of S. C. said recently on retiring that he had to raise thousand of dollars every day for six years to run a campaign. Nothing could be more unhealthy. What can we think of a president like Bush to goes to war on the basic of falsehoods, costing the lives of 100,000 Iraquis (estimate by British Medical JournalLancet) and 1300 American soldiers plus thousands of soldiers injured. Where is his high moral value and that of the Americans voter who sees war as a remedy over patient negotiation. Please also read George Monbiot's posting of yesterday. It has good lessons for any student of politics. What works and what does not. Best wishes Jack Ragsdale

I live in Deer Creek, MN.  However, I work as a data technician in St. Paul, MN, and the reason I wanted to join was because I bumped in to the Forum on researching President Reagan.  I was extrememly impressed with the level of knowledge from the