The Education Forum

'Simulated Assassination' gone awry?

Lee Forman

Douglas MacArthur's feud with Truman and his political popularity also come into play here, hence the character's thrice-ethnic name: Gen. James Mattoon Scott.

Good call, David.

I note here that loyal followers of General Edwin Walker would compare Walker with General Douglas MacArthur, by saying that when JFK "fired" Walker, that was the same as Truman "firing" MacArthur..

Based on this, an actual Presidential bid was proposed for Walker. H.L. Hunt financed Walker's campaign for Texas Governor. If Walker had won (instead of coming in last place) I have no doubt that H.L. Hunt would have backed General Walker for US President, just as H.L. Hunt had backed General Douglas MacArthur for US President.

In 1961-1962, Edwin Walker really was somebody special. After 1963, however, his memory had faded into obscurity.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Do you believe that Karen [sic] Kupcinet was part of the phone call made from Ventura, or may have inadvertantly crossed lines with another caller?"

Karyn Kupcinet had nothing to do with the Oxnard Call. However, Irv Kupcinet, her father, and the most popular man in Chicago and elsewhere, reached by phone the Palm Springs home of a mobster, Paul Dorfman very soon after Ruby shot Oswald. Dorfman may have been taken aback at Kup's tenacious way of finding him so fast. Coincidentally, Karyn and 3 other friends went to Palm Springs that Friday afternoon to get away from the Assassination. They stayed the whole weekend. Could it be that Dorfman saw her or ran into her and having spoken to her father thought of a way to keep Kup away from investigating the Chicago angle (Ruby) to the Assassination. Karyn died early Thanksgiving, 6 days after Kennedy was killed. Her death is believed to be a murder. Nothing was taken except 100 methamphetamine pills, a prescription she had filled 2 days earlier. The apartment was in disarray. And the Coroner was a pervert.

This information is in a new book called "Hit List" by Richard Belzer and David Wayne about the dead witnesses after Kennedy's death. They agreed with my conclusion. She was killed to shut up Irv Kupcinet, columnist and pioneer talk show host. I am told that he never wrote about the Assassination again, until the movie JFK came out. The original script had Karyn Kupcinet as a character. They chose instead to Rose Cheramie, who definitely had foreknowledge of the Assassination. It still may have unnerved Irv.

Kathy C

The theory of a "Simulated Assassination" gone awry has a long history. It allegedly first appeared in the memoirs of Gareth "Gary" Wean, a Los Angeles police officer who was friends with Dallas Sheriff Bill Decker, who claims that in early December 1963, Bill Decker called a meeting with Senator John Tower and movie star Audie Murphy, inviting Wean.

At that meeting Senator John Tower told those assembled that he knew that Lee Harvey Oswald was set up by a larger conspiracy, which fooled Oswald into believing that he was part of a "Simulated Assassination," intended only to make a political point about Cuba. Gary Wean published his story, allegedly, ten years later, i.e. in early 1974.

Then, in September 1975, a tabloid, The Tattler, published a special issue on the JFK Assassination, and named General Walker as the probable leader of a "Simulated Assassination" gone awry. Other names in that issue included Loran Hall, Gerry Patrick Hemming, Richard Case Nagell, Howard Hunt, Larry Howard, Harry Dean and William Seymour as supporters of General Walker.

Then, in 1978, professor George Michael Evica wrote of a "Simulated Assassination" gone awry -- without General Walker. Gary Wean published, There's a Fish in the Courthouse, in 1987, with a similar theory, again without Walker, and with an anti-Jewish slant. Then, in 1988, the well-known American novelist Don DeLillo published, Libra, which portrays a "Simulated Assassination" gone awry in the context of a love affair between David Ferrie and Lee Harvey Oswald -- again without Walker.

Little else was heard of this theory until 2002, when William J. Fritz, Jr. published, The Kennedy Mutiny, which again adds General Walker as the leader of a "Simulated Assassination" gone awry, and names James Jesus Angleton as the CIA Officer who fooled General Walker and used his plot to actually murder JFK.

The story has a long history -- and I personally believe it has roots in a Dallas grass roots legend.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

• 1 year later...

This theory makes a great deal of sense to me. 

What if the sponsors of the "simulated assassination" were the ones who themselves hijacked it and turned it into a real assassination, that being the plan all along? This would create confusion and only a few would know what really happened. I believe all of the operational details listed in this post could fit into this scenario. The only question I had would be then how would the cover up be controlled by these folks. I believe this would follow closely to operational details of theories of the 9/11 attacks.

Webster Tarpley theorizes that during 9/11 George Bush was essentially threatened by the conspirators with two options. Either play along with us, or we will launch WW3 via a nuclear strike and AF1 would be shot down. Could it be possible the same type of scenario was dictated to LBJ? It is assumed Bush was given his ultimatum during the events of the day, but could LBJ have been given his before the act, hence some reports of possible LBJ foreknowledge. I am not sure about the veracity of these two supposed episodes, but, you have LBJ arguing with JFK the night before about where Connally would ride, and Madeleine Duncan Browns statement from the night before the assassination that LBJ said "After tomorrow, those goddamn Kennedys will never embarrass me again. That’s no threat. That’s a promise." 

I am curious if others have anything to add some two years since the last post on this thread.

Ty - I think your first paragraph makes a lot of sense. Enlisting people for an attempted assassination (to be blamed on Castro) would be far easier than for a real one. And it is certainly true that it would have served the purpose of igniting a reprisal against Cuba. JFK did not have to die to make this a reality. Which is why I don't think Cuba was actually the aim of the people who hijacked the assassination (if this theory is correct). As for speculation about 9/11, I keep an open mind. 

Paul,

I believe the promise of an invasion of Cuba would have been the carrot on the stick for the actors of the simulation portion of the operation. The stick holding the carrot had other ideas and possibly had others working on a real assassination. Either way, I feel we have one group holding the stick and multiple others chasing the carrot, and that carrot could have been several different things depending on which side of things you aligned with. I would even go as far to say that the stick is still there and we all are chasing a different carrot 54 years later.

I was perusing a thread earlier about who had the football. I didn't read too deeply but my assumption was that no one really knows. What a tool the football could be to get people to fall in line.

Hi all:

There are far better-read people than me on this subject in this forum.  Most of what I can contribute is state that I 100% believe that Gary reported his conversation with John Tower to the best of his recollection.  As far as Gary’s other information about the JFK hit, I also have no doubt that Gary met Jack Ruby in 1947, when Ruby was working with Mick Cohen.  Gary had some funny stories about Cohen.  Ruby was no two-bit nightclub owner.  As far as the scenarios that Gary’s testimony fits into, there are many, and I have seen that Tower conversation called the nexus of a metatheory about the JFK hit.  I have my own views on the JFK hit and where Gary’s evidence might fit, but for me, the big lesson of the JFK hit is that there was no way that Oswald was the Lone Nut.  The head of state of history’s richest and most powerful nation is murdered in broad daylight in front of hundreds of people, and it all gets covered up.  All American presidents since then are puppets and know it, and are completely out of the loop on the important issues.  

Best,

Wade