The Education Forum

The identity of Major Lopez

Al Carrier

James,

From what I have been able to dig up, Major Lopez of the Loation Operation of '63 was one Humberto (Bobby) Castillo-Leon. He was the son of a Truman and later Eisenhower State Departmental Official who attended and graduated under the original family name. He was killed in a bar brawl at Ft. Bragg in early '82. His photo and that of Pakse Base Man are identical IMO.

Team 5 appears to be our assassins, from what I have been able to discover.

I do not feel I can add any further to this forum and am now leaving it.

Hope this helps.

Al

Greetings Al:

Just wanted you to know that I second John Simkin's request and hope you will reconcider your decision.

Respectfully:

"It is not the critic who counts, not the one who points out

how the strong man stumbled or how the doer of deeds might

have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is

actually in the arena, whose face is marred with sweat and

dust and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes

short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the

great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who,

if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement; and who,

if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that

his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who

know neither victory nor defeat."

James,

From what I have been able to dig up, Major Lopez of the Loation Operation of '63 was one Humberto (Bobby) Castillo-Leon. He was the son of a Truman and later Eisenhower State Departmental Official who attended and graduated under the original family name. He was killed in a bar brawl at Ft. Bragg in early '82. His photo and that of Pakse Base Man are identical IMO.

Team 5 appears to be our assassins, from what I have been able to discover.

I do not feel I can add any further to this forum and am now leaving it.

Hope this helps.

Al

Al,

You certainly can't leave without posting that photo of Humberto Castillo-Leon for comparison to Lamppost Man. At least give me this...was I right?

Richard

Al

I think we all recognize that you were a rare example of critical thinking coming from the typically conservative (or less than critical) law enforcement community.

While we disagreed about the meaning and motivation of certain events (the behavior of the Secret Service 1963) there is one thing I will always remember about your posts:

The limousine was crawling at five miles an hour, and MR GREER braked to halt or near halt during the barrage....

Your posts on protocol, ballistics and the specifics of the case were exemplary, and I hope you reconsider your resignation, as their will be plenty of opportunity for further significant research in the forseeable future.

You are proof that JFK researchers are not "weird" but simply a cross section of concerned Americans..........

Al,

You certainly can't leave without posting that photo of Humberto Castillo-Leon for comparison to Lamppost Man. At least give me this...was I right?

Richard

Richard,

No, I won't leave you hanging here. The photo I have is a reproduction of a reproduction and is circa '74 from his inactive DD74 file, which is well behind the '63 LM and mid-60's PBM photos. It is poor quality and when scanning, it breaks down much farther.

I have original copies of his DD74 file which include the above photo and copies of his DD214 and DD206 tracking sheets, on the way. I will forward scans of them to you when I get them and you can decide for yourself. I am also trying to obtain the records of the investigation into his death in N.C., and will gladly forward that as well.

I have delayed my original posting on this and this follow up post in order to prevent the doors slamming in my face in trying to retrieve these docs. I have been assured that the DD74 file and forms are on their way so I can post on it now.

As you are well aware, I have been very critical of photo comparisons to persons in the plaza to suspects in the assassination. However, the comparisons of PBM and of Col. Conein are an exception to this, and after receiving the info on the DIA dispatches to Conein regarding Lopez and Team 5, I had to take it seriously. Now after making the connection with Leon and the photo comparisons, I have to admit I have been swayed and am taking this very seriously. As to your question of "was I right?", at this point, I would have to admit that it is looking like it.

To all of those who have e-mailed me and posted here with the kind words, I deeply appreciate what you have said and hope you understand that I am not exiting here as I did at Lancer. That is, I am not upset with this excellent forum as I was with the way Lancer turned on it's researchers. I have come to terms with the assassination recently and have also been restricted with opportunities to become involved in exchanges due to personal family crisis that have arisen. In the past four months, I have taken over the overnight shift on the department, which limits my exposure to the forum initially, then add to this the failing health of my parents and in-laws, I simply do not have the time to commit to this forum as I would prefer. The discoveries that I have recently made have engulfed my available time and also have drained me as many of the questionable issues of the assassination may be becoming quite clear.

I hope everyone understands and also realizes how much I respect and appreciate what all of you are doing. I will be popping in periodically to read the forum and hope to post periodically. Those who I have been in contact with I hope will still e-mail me with issues of concern which I will gladly accept and reply to in a timely manner.

Respectfully,

Al Carrier

polinst@mchsi.com

To all of those who have e-mailed me and posted here with the kind words, I deeply appreciate what you have said and hope you understand that I am not exiting here as I did at Lancer. That is, I am not upset with this excellent forum as I was with the way Lancer turned on it's researchers. I have come to terms with the assassination recently and have also been restricted with opportunities to become involved in exchanges due to personal family crisis that have arisen. In the past four months, I have taken over the overnight shift on the department, which limits my exposure to the forum initially, then add to this the failing health of my parents and in-laws, I simply do not have the time to commit to this forum as I would prefer. The discoveries that I have recently made have engulfed my available time and also have drained me as many of the questionable issues of the assassination may be becoming quite clear.

I wish my best for you and your family, and I hope everything turns out as well as it possibly could.

Al,

Richard

Richard,

No, I won't leave you hanging here. The photo I have is a reproduction of a reproduction and is circa '74 from his inactive DD74 file, which is well behind the '63 LM and mid-60's PBM photos. It is poor quality and when scanning, it breaks down much farther.

I have original copies of his DD74 file which include the above photo and copies of his DD214 and DD206 tracking sheets, on the way. I will forward scans of them to you when I get them and you can decide for yourself. I am also trying to obtain the records of the investigation into his death in N.C., and will gladly forward that as well.

I have delayed my original posting on this and this follow up post in order to prevent the doors slamming in my face in trying to retrieve these docs. I have been assured that the DD74 file and forms are on their way so I can post on it now.

As you are well aware, I have been very critical of photo comparisons to persons in the plaza to suspects in the assassination. However, the comparisons of PBM and of Col. Conein are an exception to this, and after receiving the info on the DIA dispatches to Conein regarding Lopez and Team 5, I had to take it seriously. Now after making the connection with Leon and the photo comparisons, I have to admit I have been swayed and am taking this very seriously. As to your question of "was I right?", at this point, I would have to admit that it is looking like it.

I hope everyone understands and also realizes how much I respect and appreciate what all of you are doing. I will be popping in periodically to read the forum and hope to post periodically. Those who I have been in contact with I hope will still e-mail me with issues of concern which I will gladly accept and reply to in a timely manner.

Respectfully,

Al Carrier

polinst@mchsi.com

Al,

Thanks very much for the response. Although we weren't always on the same page, I have the greatest respect, and hope for the best with you and your's. I very much look forward to your info. Best of luck.

Richard

• 1 year later...

Al,

Richard

Richard,

Respectfully,

Al Carrier

polinst@mchsi.com

Al,

Richard

Richard,

Respectfully,

Al Carrier

polinst@mchsi.com

I take it from Mr. Kelly's posting of previous post that he is questioning why I never made good on forwarding this information on Leon. The simple reason is that it was just another alias and when I did find his true identity, I took the time to dig a little deeper and went as far as contacting surviving family members. Out of respect for their privacy and of the deceased, I am not disclosing his identity, as I see no value to others to learn it. When it does break and it will someday, then they will see his connections in latter operations and see why he survived his operation in Dallas in November of '63. I have since been tracking likely candidates for Team 5 and have narrowed it considerably. They were not as valuable or considered as trustworthy from what I have tracked as they met their untimely demise within months of the incident.

There are at least two other researchers active on the forum who are aware of Leon's true identity through their own research.

Al