The Education Forum

Technical problems

A series of errors by me (oops) has meant the board has been down for much of today. Please accept my apologies :please

In the process of getting us back I have lost all the header and footer settings so the forum now looks a little odd.

Let see this as an opportunity :lol:

if anyone has any suggestions as to what could be put in the header and footer to enhance the forum and/or make it easier to navigate - SPEAK now.... as I only want to change it once!

In the process of getting us back I have lost all the header and footer settings so the forum now looks a little odd.

Let see this as an opportunity :please

if anyone has any suggestions as to what could be put in the header and footer to enhance the forum and/or make it easier to navigate - SPEAK now.... as I only want to change it once!

It might be a good idea to reward those who are regular posters. If you have a website and have made more than 100 posts maybe they should qualify to have their website added to the header.

Let see this as an opportunity :please

It might be a good idea to reward those who are regular posters. If you have a website and have made more than 100 posts maybe they should qualify to have their website added to the header.

Not a bad idea - most who are already there would qualify minus one or two.

The forum currently gets around 1.5 million page impressions a month so to be linked from it is an advantage

I also support John's idea.

John and Members

I would also point out that this Forum's Biography page is a very nice way to identify yourself to people using the search engines. It will go to the top of similarly named people and it looks great on the google results page---

I have a cheapie webpage from register.com and it is interesting:

it is on the w.w.w. but not linked to google or the search engines....

http://www.scribners.org/

(Scribner's and Sons Co. goes online through another name DALE/ and scribners.com is a motorcycle shop, so I got a classic domain name for my photos, geneology and history papers....I call it the COLONIAL VICTORIAN: CULTURE AND HISTORY online journal @ scribners.org --and it was a lot of fun putting in the photos and texts.....highly recommended editorial exercise...)

I would love to have some link from here to my site ...

Shanet in Atlanta

Edited by Shanet Clark