The Education Forum

MKULTRA and the assassination

Lee Forman

T. Casey - I have a question for you. As per your Wikipedia entry:
In his prose work since the early 1990s, Brennan also claims to have shot John F. Kennedy during his stint as a victim of the CIA's MK-ULTRA program.

When was 'Conjurella' first written, and first published?

I'm T. Casey Brennan, Warren comics writer from the 1970s, listed in the 1998 Who's Who in America. In 1996, I wrote Conjurella, which I'm not sure is a dream or a repressed memory
Proposed introduction to Castle Mirage, by my late mother, Alice Brennan, published June 1971 by Belmont Books, carrying the code Belmont B75-2133, and now offered for reprinting by the author's son, and by Singer Media Corporation.

- lee

"Castle Mirage - The Prelude: Conjurella" has NEVER been published off the net. It has been posted at quite a number of conspiracy sites, as have the sequels. Kenn Thomas published the second half of it in STEAMSHOVEL PRESS #19, but in that form, it didn't make much sense. Hey, do you know how to post to the list that document Bill Clinton did in my honor when he was governor?

-- T. Casey

P.S. -- List members might want to go to http://www.norecordlabel.com and netsearch for my band, FRANKENHEAD. You have to register with the site to listen, but it's easy, and my two songs are LET THEM RISE and SOCIAL WORKER BLUES. SOCIAL WORKER BLUES has a SPECIAL MESSAGE for JFK RESEARCHERS (not you, pal) so all of you on this group will want to listen!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

http://www.mindcontrolforums.com/mkultra.htm

A CIA hypnosis study was done by Alden Sears at the University of Minnesota and was moved by

Sears to the University of Denver, Colorado. Sears worked to answer the question, ``Could a hypnotist induce a totally separate personality? CIA counterintelligence chief James Jesus Angleton, a leader of the British intelligence faction in the American intelligence community, established three goals for the hypnosis program: 1) to induce hypnosis very rapidly in unwitting subjects; 2) to create durable amnesia; and 3) to implant durable and operationally useful post-hypnotic suggestion. A test of rapid hypnosis took place in July 1963. The counterintelligence staff in Washington, D.C. asked the CIA station in Mexico City to find a suitable candidate for a rapid induction experiment. The station proposed a low-level agent, whom the Soviets had apparently doubled. A counterintelligence man flew in from Washington and a hypnotic consultant arrived from California. The experiment was said to have misfired.

Did people see this story re MK-ULTRA? It was in the San Jose Merc. News last month. Note the last paragraph, in which the Judge concedes that even the government has admitted to such deeds. Also note that it occured in San Francisco and involved gov. empoyees in a gov. building. This is consistent with other MK-ULTRA research which describes San Francisco as a hub of MK activity in the late 1950s and early 1960s.

Court tosses marshal's claim CIA drugged him with LSD

Associated Press

SAN FRANCISCO - A federal appeals court dismissed a lawsuit Monday by a former U.S. marshal who claimed the CIA slipped LSD into his drink in 1957, causing him to act irrationally and rob a bar.

Wayne Ritchie, also a U.S. Marine Corps veteran, claimed he was part of a project in which government operatives tested LSD and other psychoactive drugs on unwitting subjects. He sued after reading a 1999 newspaper account about the program.

Ritchie claimed the drug, allegedly given to him at an office Christmas party in the San Francisco federal building, made him feel "overcome by a sense of worthlessness that compelled him to engage knowingly in self-destructive conduct."

After the party, he tried to rob the Shady Grove bar in San Francisco's Fillmore district before getting beat up. He pleaded guilty to attempted robbery and in March 1958, was sentenced to five years' probation and resigned from his job.

On Monday, the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals upheld the July decision by U.S. District Judge Marilyn Patel, who dismissed the case following a four-day, non-jury trial in April.

Ritchie appealed.

Patel noted the government conceded CIA operatives drugged some individuals without their knowledge in December 1957 during testing of the drug. But she said Ritchie failed to prove the drug was slipped into his drinks or that the robbery was the result of an LSD-induced psychotic disorder.

Subscribe to the Mercury News

Pages 4 & 5

Is it my computer, or are others also seeing the above, instead of what Lee has posted?

thanx,

Dawn

I agree with Dawn...either there are no files here/there or someone is tampering with my mind.

They have been removed - and - laughing - I don't have them anymore since my crash. :angry:

I thank you Peter for your post - however, MONARCH isn't included in any of the links you posted. MONARCH is key to understanding anything,

- lee

Lee:

I sent you a PM yesterday re MIT. Did you receive it?

If not your inbox is too full or else disabled.

This is very important and not for public viewing as it involves a very old friend

who I believe was MK-ULTRA'd.

If you do not get PM's would you give me an alternate way to send this.

I have not seen or spoken to K in now almost 20 years, but ....(all in my PM)

Curious re your work with (?) Casey.

Thanks,

Dawn

Lee:

I sent you a PM yesterday re MIT. Did you receive it?

If not your inbox is too full or else disabled.

This is very important and not for public viewing as it involves a very old friend

who I believe was MK-ULTRA'd.

If you do not get PM's would you give me an alternate way to send this.

I have not seen or spoken to K in now almost 20 years, but ....(all in my PM)

Curious re your work with (?) Casey.

Thanks,

Dawn

Hi Dawn - actually I sent you a response and got back a message that your in-box was full?

- lee

It seems to continually rear it's ugly head, so I thought maybe I'd simply post it and see if I can't get it sorted.

Intro

It seems a natural progression to assume that if Operation Paperclip truly existed, scientists who had been performing various experiments on human beings in the concentration camps of Europe had been given a new program along with their immunity.

When it was at its height in drug experiments, operation MK-ULTRA was formed. This was the brainchild of Richard Helms who later came to be a CIA director. It was designed to defeat the "enemy" in its brain- washing techniques. MK-ULTRA had another arm involved in Chemical and Biological Warfare (CBW) known as MK-DELTA. The "doctors" who participated in these experiments used some of the same techniques as the Nazi "doctors". Those doctors who were not indicted in the Nuremberg trials were imported from Germany under the program called "Operation Paperclip." The Nazi doctors were a valuable source of information to the CIA since many of the U.S. techniques mimicked what had already been done by the Nazis. German doctors were prosecuted at the Nuremberg trials for similar criminal acts that the U.S. experimenters carried out - and this was all done at the same time period as the American experiments were taking place. The real motto here should be: Let's pursue relentlessly the wicked Nazi doctors, Russian spies, and lone assassins and forget about our "special operations".

Lee, Ruby had John C Jackson living with him for just over a year in the late '50s. Jackson told the FBI after the assassination that Ruby had been helping to find funding for experiments with "degenerative diseases", and that he was VP of the National Research Corporation (NRC). The NRC was incorporated in Louisiana in 1960. I do not think it was any coincidence that a company by that name was founded at MIT by Richard Stetson Morse. Morse's bio indicates the NRC was working for the USG on bio, chemical and radiological weapons programs. He quit the NRC to take up the post of Director R & D for the Army -- only to quit just after the BOP. It has been put to me that I have not proved any connection between Jackson's NRC and Morse's -- however, the timing of the incorporation in Louisiana and the experiments Jackson was involved in (for surely "experiments in degenerative diseases" was code for "seeking biological weapons") tells me otherwise. Morse, btw, had previously worked on early microdot technology, and had had been partly educated in Germany.

Just as Nazi Germany had its "expendables" the CIA had theirs. Among the expendables the CIA had were, war prisoners, prostitutes, sexual psychopaths, prison inmates, certain war objectors, mentally retarded people, the elderly, terminally ill patients, schizophrenics, drug addicts, foreigners and, of course, any other man, woman or child who would fit the bill of need.

From an article on human guinea pigs:

Largely in response to the Thalidomide tragedy, the FDA began requiring that new drugs be tested in controlled experiments before sale to doctors and the public. Thus, in March 1963, the Saturday Evening Post featured yet another article on prison volunteers, pointing out that the use of prisoners for the testing of experimental drugs had assumed great importance since the FDA's ruling. This article differed from earlier ones of this genre in that it made plain that most prisoners, while volunteers, were rewarded (usually financially) for acting as

guinea pigs. The issue of experimentation on humans made headlines in the nation's newspapers and magazines in January 1964 when it was discovered that elderly patients at the Jewish Chronic Disease Hospital in Brooklyn had been injected with live cancer cells as part of an experiments conducted by two eminent physicians at Sloan-Kettering.This experiment had first been conducted in 1956 on prison volunteers in the Ohio State penitentiary and had been reported on without comment by Time magazine and Newsweek at that time. ("Cancer by the Needle,")

Newsweek, 4 June 1956, p. 67; "Volunteers for Cancer," Time, 4 June 1956, p. 48). The public outrage over the experimentation at the Chronic Disease Hospital stemmed from the discovery that the patients had not been told that the cells being injected were cancer cells, and had not given consent. (The doctors claimed to have obtained oral consent, but it was discovered that many of the patients in question were deaf, spoke only Yiddish, or were senile.) Further, the experiments were not conducted for the benefit of the patients involved, nor did the physicians

experiment first on themselves. It is possible that public outrage over this incident was magnified because the patients in question were Jewish and mentally and physically impaired, suggesting some obvious parallels to human experimentation in Nazi Germany. ("Hospital Accused on Cancer Study, NY Times, 21 January 1964, p. 31; "State Broadens Cancer Inquiry," NY Times, 22 January 1964, p. 38; "Test on Cancer to Need Consent," 23 January 1964, p. 28; "Many Scientific Experts Condemn Ethics of Cancer Injection," 26 January 1964, p. 70; "Experimental Ethics," Time, 3 February 1964, p. 48.)

The refusal of the Sloan-Kettering physicians or the director of the Chronic Disease Hospital to admit wrongdoing led to a court battle for release of the victimized patients' records as well as to a formal inquiry by the medical grievance committee of the professional conduct division of New York State's Education

department, thus keeping this story in the papers intermittently from January 1964 to early 1966. The State's inquiry led to the discovery that the same doctors had injected close to 300 patients at Sloan-Kettering with cancer cells, again, without informing them of the nature of the cells and without obtaining written consent. On the recommendation of the medical grievance committee, the New York State Board of Regents found the two Sloan-Kettering physicians guilty of unprofessional conducts and of fraud and deceit in the practice of medicine. According to the Saturday Review, this case of human experimentation,

involving as it did eminent researchers from Sloan-Kettering, "shook the complacency that had obscured experimental ethics." ("The Law on Human Guinea Pigs," SR, 3 April 1965, p. 56; "The Patient's Right to Know," SR, 26 June 1965, p. 20; "Research and Responsibility," Nation, 14 March 1966, p.284).

Following the revelations about experimentation on patients at the Jewish Chronic Disease Center, Dr. Henry K. Beecher, Professor of Research in Anesthesia at Harvard University, delivered a paper, "Ethics and the Explosion of Human

Experimentation," at a March 1965 symposium sponsored by Upjohn. In this paper, Beecher, who had been researching the issue for the past decade, cited 50

documentable cases of experimentation on human subjects in the absence of informed consent and with no expected benefits to the patients involved. The New York Times reported on Beecher's talk, and noted Beecher's comment that his examples were "by no means rare but are almost, one fears, universal." (NY Times, 24 March1965, p. 35.) The Times also noted in the article that some of

Beecher's colleagues disputed his claims. In 1966, Beecher published "Ethics and Clinical Research" in the New England Journal of Medicine whichdocumented 22 of the 50 experiments previously mentioned. The Boston Herald devoted one-third of its front page to reporting on Beecher's article; it was also covered by the New York Times and Time magazine.

I would think, given the above, Ruby had every right to be nervous about receiving injections...

Mae Brussell on Jack Ruby.
When Jack Ruby was arrested in Dallas, Texas, following the murder Lee Harvey Oswald, a document was found on the seat of his car. It was a pitch on "heroism," written by Warren Carroll of the C.I.A., for H.L. Hunt's Dallas radio program, "Lifeline."

Around the time that Kennedy died in Dallas, Jack Ruby had been in the company of two known hypnotists. One of them was CIA agent David Ferrie, from New Orleans. The other was Billie Del Mar, who was then entertaining in Jack Ruby's Carousel Club. Del Mar fled from Dallas the day of the Kennedy assassination, and was never called to testify before the Warren Commission. With the help of Carroll's script on heroism, Ruby could believe that by killing Oswald, he was performing a heroic act. His explanation was, "I wanted to show them that a Jew had guts." It seems Ruby was performing for genuine anti-semites. He obviously wanted their approval.

I am not aware of any evidence that places Ferrie in the company of Ruby "around the time that Kennedy died".

William Crowe aka Bill DeMar (not Del Mar) was indeed interviewed by the WC. Not hard to find it on the web. Some points from that testimony:

1) The dates of all his engagements at the Carousel coincide with the comings and goings of some key people.

2)The WC seemingly wanted to squash rumours that DeMar was a hypnotist. It did so by asking him to detail every aspect of his act. DeMar obliged by omitting any reference to hypnotism (I have personally verified he once upon a time included hypnotism in his act, but dropped it from his repertoire sometime after the assassination).

3) He denied telling reporters that he was positive he'd seen Oswald in the club, and that rumours had excellent memory were false - claiming instead that despite doing "memory tricks" in his act, his memory off stage was not all that good.

4) He'd been in the army and had performed his act to the troops in both the US and in Germany (I have read, but not been able to verify to my satisfaction, that the army used stage hypnotists in their own "mind control" experiments).

All that said, the only two people I'm aware of who have interviewed DeMar (both at my suggestion) have come away believing he is no more than a potential witness to a Ruby/Oswald connection. I respect their opinions. But even that does not get him off the hook. His "sighting" of Oswald at the Carousel may have been neither true, nor "innocent" of ulterior motivation.

DeMar was not the only hypnotist Ruby knew, though. There was also Dr Dante. It's hardly surprising Ruby knew hypnotists given his nightclubs, but Dr Dante is someone worth looking into.

I do agree with Brussell's analysis of what Ruby's reading material on heriocs indicated.

There is also the Belli interview in Coronet that I quoted elsewhere, in which Belli is amused that Ruby will invariably and inevitably shed spontaneous tears at any moment that name Jack Kennedy is brought even into the most mundane of conversations.

In his book "Dallas Justice," Mr. Belli stated: "Never once did he [Ruby] voluntarily mention Lee Oswald by name. Never as far as I could see, was he willing to concede that there had been this living, breathing human being who had died at his hands. It was strange because he had the capacity to summon up sympathy for almost anything."

Dr. Walter Bromberg stated that Ruby was "pre-set to be a fighter, to attack." He continued, "definitely there is a block to his thinking which is no part of his original [italics inserted] mental endowment." (Bromberg also reported that Ruby, after the murder, “felt curiously relieved while he was wondering why he was on the ground.” - my insertion)

Dr. Roy Shafer elaborated by saying, "He [Ruby] appears not altogether in control of his body actions, as if they occur independently of his conscious will at times."

Dr. Manfred Guttmacher, a leading criminal psychologist, who was caught in a quag. He testified that, yes, Ruby's brain had been "damaged," but couldn't figure out exactly how. He further testified that he felt that at the time of the shooting Ruby had suffered a "functional psychosis." "It would be functional, not organic."

Dallas Assistant Attorney Bill Alexander then asked Dr. Guttmacher, "Well, by functional mental psychosis, do you mean a psychotic condition for which there is no known organic cause?"

"Yes," responded Dr. Guttmacher. "Doctor, Alexander asked, aren't you shooting both barrels at us? On one hand, you say he's got brain damage, and then you say, no, he does not have brain damage."

This suggests the possibility sophisticated mind control techniques were used on Ruby that neither the experts nor the police were aware of.

Actually Guttmacher was arguing that Ruby had PsychoMotor Epilepsy - a condition that causes sufferers to act as an "automaton". People with this condition have been known to commit crimes during an episode -- crimes they genuinely have no memory of commiting. The confusion about whether it was "organic" or a "functional psychosis" was important only in terms of whether it could be defined legally as a mental illness -- and thereby render it as a plausible defence. This matter was settled in England by the House of Lords in 1961 in the case, Bratty V Attorney-General for Northern Ireland.

Psychomotor Epilepsy is the perfect defence if one wished to explain away your client's apparent automatism at the time of the crime.

Throw Dr Joly West into the mix. Ruby's onset of cancer (as opposed to the date it was actually detected) probably coincided with West's visit to him in April 1964 at which time he adminstered... according to press reports at the time... hypnosis and drugs. This was a month after the trial ended and presumably when appeals where in full swing. Al Maddox has told researchers that the doctor Ruby believed was giving him cancer injections was from Chicago. West was not from that city... however it IS where he met with Ruby lawyer, Alan Adelson, before agreeing to come to Dallas...

Lastly, to my mind anyway, there are similarities between the murder of Oswald and RFK which bear scrutiny. Both gunmen claimed no immediate memory of the act. Both did it in front of multiple witnesses. Both had inexplicable "official" motives. Not saying the same people were behind both hits... but the possibility of the use brainwashing in both cases should not be ignored.

This was well worth rereading - thanks Greg. And I think it seems relevant to some of the other topics in focus at present.

- lee

• 2 weeks later...

New T. Casey Brennan podcast available at...

http://www.cozmikast.com/

For those of you unfamiliar with my work, this is from

my wikipedia entry at...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T._Casey_Brennan

'T. Casey Brennan

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Terrance Casey Brennan is the author of numerous comic

book stories, published in the 1970s Warren

anthologies Creepy, Eerie and Vampirella.

In the 1980s, Brennan campaigned to have depictions of

smoking in comics banned, which led then-Gov. Bill

Clinton of Arkansas to issue a proclamation

designating January 1990 as "T. Casey Brennan Month".

In his prose work since the early 1990s, Brennan also

claims to have shot John F. Kennedy during his stint

as a victim of the CIA's MK-ULTRA program.

He lives in Ann Arbor, Michigan.

References

Who's Who in America, 1994, 1995, 1997

World Health magazine (UN/WHO Geneva) Oct/83 (p. 30)

Jan-Feb/86 (p. 9)

The Democratic Journalist (International Organization

of Journalists - Prague) Jul-Aug/87 (pp. 36-37)

ICA News (International Cooperative Alliance - Geneva)

#1 Mar/88

East-West Journal Nov/84 (p. 13)

ISKCON World Review (Hare Krishnas) Mar/88 (p. 13)

Congressional Record (Senate) Vol. 128, No. 131, Sept.

28, 1982 (p. S12435)

T. Casey Brennan Month proclamation (image)'

An earlier podcast of T. Casey Brennan is still

available at...

http://www.annarboralive.com/A3Radio/Hydro/scripts.html

• 1 year later...

Those interested in the origins of MKULTRA might want to look at my posting this morning on Winston Churchill and the Death of Prince George, Duke of Kent.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...0&start=240

During my research on this case I was surprised to discover that Dr Donald Ewen Cameron had been sent by Allen Dulles to assess Rudolf Hess’s fitness to stand trial. At the time Cameron was working for the OSS. According to one source, Dulles had told Cameron, that he believed the Hess he was about to examine was not the real Hess. According to Dulles, he had been told that the real Hess had been secretly executed on Churchill’s orders. (Gordon Thomas, Journey into Madness, 1993, pages 167-68).

It is true that Dulles did arrange for Cameron to visit Hess. Dr J. R. Ress, one of Hess’s English doctors mentions it in his book on his work at Nuremberg (J. R. Rees, The Case of Rudolf Hess, page 141). He claims that Cameron arrived on 13th November, 1945.

This is the same Cameron who was recruited by Allen Dulles in 1957 to run Project MKULTRA. Documents released in 1977 show that MKULTRA was a CIA-directed "mind control" program. It seems that Cameron’s interest in brainwashing dated back to his work with Dulles in the OSS during the Second World War.

I would argue that Cameron had been sent to Nuremberg to help Churchill and the British intelligence services with a problem. Cameron’s task was to remove Hess’s memory of past events. This is why Hess was unable to recognize his former friends and colleagues at Nuremberg. Cameron next job was to provide Hess with a new memory about events dating back to May 1941. That is why Hess is able to provide Major Douglas M. Kelley with a comprehensive account of his trip to Scotland.

The problem with this brainwashing experiment was that there was no way of knowing how long Hess would be able to remember the past as provided by Dr. Cameron. That is why Hess had to be kept in solitary confinement for the rest of his life. That is the reason why Hess was not allowed to talk about anything that happened before 1945 with anybody, including his own family.

That is also the reason why Hess was murdered on 17th August, 1987. Why 1987 and not some earlier date? Well, the British had been hiding behind the claim that the Soviets were blocking Hess’s release. However, Mikhail Gorbachev told German journalists in February 1987, that he was going to give permission for the release of Hess (Peter Padfield, Hess: The Führer’s Disciple, page 328). The West German newspaper Bild reported that Hess was going to be released on his 93rd birthday on 26th April 1987. (Bild, 21st April, 1987) Hess knew differently, he told Abadallah Melaouhi, his nurse, that the “English will kill me” before I am released. (BBC Newsnight, 28th February 1989).

The British did indeed block his release (Sir Christopher Mallaby, Deputy Secretary of the Cabinet Office, quoted by Hugh Thomas in the documentary “Rudolf Hess: The Appalling Truth). Gorbachev told Margaret Thatcher that he would expose the British hypocrisy by withdrawing the Soviet guards from Spandau Prison. It was then decided that Hess had to die as he could not be allowed to speak in public about what he knew about the peace negotiations that had taken place in 1941.

I believe that a close study of the life of Donald Ewen Cameron raises doubts about the official story of MKULTRA. According to the CIA documents released in 1977, MKULTRA operated between 1957-64. However, Cameron was carrying out experiments into sensory deprivation and memory as early as 1938.

In 1943 he went to Canada and established the psychiatry department at Montreal's McGill University and became director of the newly-created Allan Memorial Institute that was funded by the Rockefeller Foundation. At the same time he also did work for the OSS. It is almost certain that the US intelligence services were providing at least some of the money for his research during the war.

We know by 1947 he was using the “depatterning” technique to wipe out patients memories of the past. Cameron believed that after inducing complete amnesia in a patient, he could then selectively recover their memory in such a way as to change their behaviour unrecognisably." In other words, Cameron was giving them a new past. Is it possible that Cameron and the OSS was doing this during the Second World War. Was the OSS creating a new type of secret agent?

We know that Allen Dulles sent Cameron to assess Rudolf Hess in Nuremberg in November, 1945. Is it possible that the real reason for Cameron’s visit was that he wanted to assess the treatment he had been giving Hess since 1943? That Hess was one of Cameron’s guinea pigs.

If I am right about Hess knowing about Churchill’s peace negotiations in 1941, there were only two options available. The obvious solution and make it look like an accident or suicide. The second solution was for Hess to be treated by Cameron, who could use “depatterning” to wipe his memory clean. Then he could be brainwashed to believe that he was acting on his own instincts by travelling to Scotland in order to seek out the Duke of Hamilton. Is this what the son of the Duke of Hamilton meant when he said he was “set-up” over the Hess affair in order to protect people at the very top?

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKcameronDE.htm