The Education Forum

Silencers, suppressors and their effect?

Peter, I agree with your suggestion that there is the strong possibility a shot came from Dal-Tex and I also suspect silencers were in play.

And from what I understand you are indeed correct that silencers do not and cannot eliminate ANY sound of the shot but they certainly minimize it.

Edited by Tim Gratz

Peter, I agree with your suggestion that there is the strong possibility a shot came from Dal-Tex and I also suspect silencers were in play.

And from what I understand you are indeed correct that silencers do not and cannot eliminate ANY sound of the shot but they certainly minimize it.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=10882

Silly Conspiracy Theories That Discredit Us

Absolutely worth remembering!

Rather than waste everybody's time and bandwidth about some silly theory that even if true you have no evidence to support, why not try to carefully analyze valid reasons to support a new investigation, e.g., among others, the challenges to the NAA, the ongoing dispute over the validity of the acoustic evidence.

In short, spend your time on a topic that may in fact advance the investigation.

--------------------

Maybe I am missing something guys, but if silencers were used to to put all attention at the TSBD, why did people claim to hear shots from the Knoll?

Perhaps not all other guns were silenced.

Also, if you are near the path of a bullet - even from a silenced gun you hear a loud whizzzzz!

Echos in the plaza confounded everyone, no matter where the shots, in part.

People can often judge where a shot came from by where and how it hit the victim rather than sound in and of itself.

As professional assassins usually make sure their guns don't emit visible smoke and there was a puff of smoke near the fence, this may have been part of the original plan...shots from 'Oswald' window and ONE other conspirator behind fence without silenced gun.

A shot from the Dal Tex building would be indistinguishable from one coming from TSBD and more liley IMO for the first shot.

I don't believe anyone heard a "whizzzz" from the Grasssy Knoll. People heard gunshots. As you say, maybe a shot from the Knoll was part of the original plan.

I do believe a shot from Dal-Tex is likely. It is just obvious to me that the conspirators weren't too careful in regards to the Knoll. Witnesses saw smoke and heard shots coming from there. If they were going to pin it on Oswald and the TSBD, why take this chance and not disguise the Grassy Knoll shot a little better?

"I don't believe anyone heard a "whizzzz" from the Grasssy Knoll. People heard gunshots. As you say, maybe a shot from the Knoll was part of the original plan.

I do believe a shot from Dal-Tex is likely. It is just obvious to me that the conspirators weren't too careful in regards to the Knoll. Witnesses saw smoke and heard shots coming from there. If they were going to pin it on Oswald and the TSBD, why take this chance and not disguise the Grassy Knoll shot a little better?"

"I don't believe anyone heard..." People heard sounds that they described as "gunshots."

"

"...smoke and heard shots..." Witnesses saw smoke and heard sounds they described as "shots"

People are sheep.

Those who have observed herds of sheep will understand. Similarlly those who have obseved the control of sheep by humans will understand.

Get one or two moving in a particular direction and those in close vicinity will make movement along with them. This spreads till the whole herd is moving as one.

In a stock/sale yard where there are many fenced avenues, gates and pens, if one wishes to move a particular group one first leads or drives two or so sheep in one particular path and then steps aside and the rest are easily driven along the same path.

The consequence of a sound that can be described as a gunshot and heard (if that is what they did) by a small number of people and them then starting a 'frenzied' move towards the origin (according to them) they will soon have a hord of eager "heroes" following in their wake. People from as far away as Main street corner who obviously could not have haerd 'where from' joined this stampede.

DPD personnell were ordered to the RR yards.

All giving credence to a shot from the knoll. (Northern Knoll).

The obvious consequence is that other areas were vacated. This (I suggest) is possibly the reason for making a sound at the knoll, something that perhaps contains gunpowder (smell) and creates smoke. Assorted readily available small 'bombs' or large fire crackers will do this effectively. Then perhaps the 'leaders' (perhaps better described as 'herders') assume control of the DP population.

The consequence of other areas being 'vacated' is that the real shooter gets a clerer escape path.

Edited by John Dolva

Guest David Guyatt
A subsonic round would not have sufficient velocity to be accurate at the distances in Dealy Plaza. Only supersonic rifle rounds could be used effectively. Professional assassins would not have used under-powered (hand-loaded) subsonic rounds in their rifles.

Hemming [trained in such matters] said it was sometimes done to plant what he called a 'meat shot' like that in JFKs back - without enough umph to penetrate far, but sure to set up the scenario with the 'right'

bullet rather intact to 'set up' the 'offending gun' as a diversion. [in this case the M-C]

True, no bullets meant to kill would have been anything but the most deadly available, high-caliber, high-charged, or exploding, etc. I think there was a hail of bullets, 8+ perhaps....enough for Hemmings meat shot to JFKs back. Also, if a fleshette was used, I assume it was quiet and subsonic.

Curiously, the shot that killed WPC Yvonne Fletcher outside the Libyan People's Bureau in St. James Square, London in 1984 --- and which led to the government to sanction approval for the US to launch F-111 from a british air base to bomb Qaddafi -- was a subsonic round fired from a handgun. The evidence is that the round was not fired from the Libyan People's Bureau, contrary to the claim of all the media at the time, but from a sixth floor observation post in an adjoining building.

So, whether by accident or design, a terminal velocity round penetrated the police woman and killed her.