The Education Forum

Warning to Jimmy Carter.

Guest Stephen Turner

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stephen or John in UK, on Monday why don’t one of you contact Stryker McGuire, the reporter who co-wrote the Newsweek article? He is now the London bureau chief for Newsweek.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4916030/site/newsweek/

He should certainly remember the story and, more importantly, what became of it.

(I Googled the other author, Dennis A. Williams, but didn’t find any useful info.)

Ron

A previous post:

Norman wrote:

But why would Castro want to assassinate Jimmy Carter? Mebbe Tim can tell us.Sorry, Norman, Fidel only kills Catholics. Jimmy was a Southern Baptist.

Explanation: there are no Southern Baptists or Episcopalians for that matter in Cuba.

There are either Catholics or atheists.

All of the atheists are Communists anyway.

So the only dissidents killed by Castro are Catholics, plus one prominent US Catholic, of course.

Edited by Tim Gratz

But just watch: this thread was about Jimmy Carter and a threat on his life.

Twas not I that brought up the bearded one (who had a birthday yesterday).

I think you guys throw red meat at me just as I sometimes do at you! I just gotta resist or I will be convicted of hijacking!

Back to topic, re Watergate, a Mr. Leon and a Mr. Russell both died at a young age and within a few weeks of each other, just before Leon was to host what was to be an explosive press conference.

How much clearer can it get that the "hidden hand" behind the Watergate mystery was not John Dean, as Len Colodny wrote, but rather LEON RUSSELL?

One of his songs was "Give Peace a Chance". He certainly had a motive to bring Nixon down in a non-violent matter.

Then again perhaps the congruence of the names Leon and Russel twas only a coincidence!

Edited by Tim Gratz

So, Dawn, you ignored my questions:

Were these the peoples real names and the plotters somehow found them and programmed them to make an attempt on Carter, or did they have different names which were changed?  Unless there is proof of either of the above, the names are simply co-incidental.

You're so damn predictable Tim. I put QUOTES around the names to show that I DO NOT believe that these were real names.

It's no "co-incidence" and I am so sick of your...."pretend" posts.

SInce you are always telling people what to read to back up your Castro did it nonsence, can I suggest that YOU read something, and do not post on this thread til you do. I am pretty sure it's even online. It's an article by Jim DiEugenio called "The Posthumous Assassination of John F. Kennedy".

It is a response to to all the disinformation "trash- the Kennedy- brothers" books that have been written. It's well sourced, very well argued- (you should appreciate this, with your legal training)- and lays to rest many of the very views you push here on this forum. I'd like to hear your views on this article.

I will also try to check on if there was ever any action taken re these "names" of would be assassins. Actually that should be simple, a google search should tell us ...I did one on Lynnett Fromme-( shot at Ford)- yesterday and there's a ton of stuff....When one "attempts" to assassinate a president I am assuming it would garner some press, unless of course this was just contrived to scare the wits out of any thoughts President Carter had of looking into the assassination. (WIth made up names to really send the message!!) Which is what I have been posting since this thread started. But, as ususal, you twist things to suit your view and "pretend" that you are not twisting....

Dawn

SInce you are always telling people what to read to back up your Castro did it nonsence, can I suggest that YOU read something, and do not post on this thread  til you do. I am pretty sure it's even online. It's an article by Jim DiEugenio called "The Posthumous Assassination of John F. Kennedy".

You will find the article here:

http://www.webcom.com/ctka/pr997-jfk.html

But just watch:  this thread was about Jimmy Carter and a threat on his life.

Twas not I that brought up the bearded one (who had a birthday yesterday).

I think you guys throw red meat at me just as I sometimes do at you!  I just gotta resist or I will be convicted of hijacking!

Back to topic, re Watergate, a Mr. Leon and a Mr. Russell both died at a young age and within a few weeks of each other, just before Leon was to host what was to be an explosive press conference.

How much clearer can it get that the "hidden hand" behind the Watergate mystery was not John Dean, as Len Colodny wrote, but rather LEON RUSSELL?

One of his songs was "Give Peace a Chance".  He certainly had a motive to bring Nixon down in a non-violent matter.

Then again perhaps the congruence of the names Leon and Russel twas only a coincidence!

"How much clearer can it get that the "hidden hand" behind the Watergate mystery was not John Dean, as Len Colodny wrote, but rather LEON RUSSELL?

One of his songs was "Give Peace a Chance". He certainly had a motive to bring Nixon down in a non-violent matter.

Then again perhaps the congruence of the names Leon and Russel twas only a coincidence!"

Tim, now what the hell is that suppose to mean?

I noticed the combination, but failed to see the relevance in bringing it up, simply because there is none! Possibly you're becoming giddy from all the time you seem to be expending in trying to explain away the actions of a dumb collegiate indescretion on your part. You know who you're beginning to remind me of? Did you ever catch that movie, BULWORTH? You remind me of the two young bumbling campaign manager/aides of the fictional character, Senator Bulworth, who keep trying in vain to steer their boss back to his angry right-wing vested interest groups.

But just watch:  this thread was about Jimmy Carter and a threat on his life.

One of his songs was "Give Peace a Chance".  He certainly had a motive to bring Nixon down in a non-violent matter.

Leon Russel did NOT write "Give peace a Chance" That was the one and only John Lennon.

Geez......

In fact Leon never even "covered" "Give Peace A Chance.", at least it was not a top 100 billboard hit.

Dawn

Dawn wrote:

I am pretty sure it's even online. It's an article by Jim DiEugenio called "The Posthumous Assassination of John F. Kennedy".

Dawn you surely must know I am a vociferous reader. Not only have I read that essay (at least a year ago), I even have a printed hard copy in my files.

Dawn wrote:

Leon Russel did NOT write "Give peace a Chance" That was the one and only John Lennon.

Geez......

In fact Leon never even "covered" "Give Peace A Chance.", at least it was not a top 100 billboard hit.

Look at my post. I never said he wrote the song.

Among the songs on the CD "Leon Russell Enhanced" (per Amazon.com):

1. Song for You

2. Dixie Lullaby

3. I Put a Spell on You

4. Shoot Out on the Plantation

5. Hummingbird

6. Delta Lady

7. Prince of Peace

8. Give Peace a Chance

I think it was fair to call it "one of his songs" if he sang it and included it on one of his most popular albums. Sorry if I gave you the impression he wrote it. Man, I was a pretty conservative fellow but I was into the pop songs of that era, even ones from a different political perspective.

Ever listen to Chicago's "We Can Make It Happen", BTW?

P.S. Let's at least spell the guy's name right, Dawn. Oops! I got it wrong first!

It's Leon Russell with two "ll"s (thereby answering Terry's question: "What the L does that mean?"); same as the spelling of Watergate accomplice Lou Russell. Maybe they were related.

And for Terry's benefit, this was my humorous attempt to show you can play around with names. Clearly the fact that the last names of Lou and John when put together equal the name of a seventies star who sang an anti-war ballad is a meaningless fact.

I want to post this quotation but please be assured I am not leveling a charge of idiocy at anyone. I just like the quotation from Ralph Waldo Emerson because I think it fits this thread: It is like "a tale twice told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Edited by Tim Gratz

Tim wrote:

I want to post this quotation but please be assured I am not leveling a charge of idiocy at anyone. I just like the quotation from Ralph Waldo Emerson because I think it fits this thread: It is like "a tale twice told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

Tim's next post was:

Deleted (double post)

Hmmm...."a tale twice told...", no doubt. :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Mark Knight

Guest Stephen Turner
Stephen or John in UK, on Monday why don’t one of you contact Stryker McGuire, the reporter who co-wrote the Newsweek article? He is now the London bureau chief for Newsweek.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4916030/site/newsweek/

He should certainly remember the story and, more importantly, what became of it.

(I Googled the other author, Dennis A. Williams, but didn’t find any useful info.)

Ron

Hi Ron, I will attempt to do this in the next few days.

Steve.

Dawn wrote:

You're so damn predictable Tim. I put QUOTES around the names to show that I DO NOT believe that these were real names.

Now I would not (could not?) object to being "predictable"; but "damn predictable", that's another story.

So what were their real names and who hired them to shoot at Carter and then give false names? Does this make any sense? And did the police ever discover that their names were fake?

I am waiting for someone to offer a conspiracy theory that is so bizarre that even you would not accept it, Dawn. But so far that is one thing I cannot predict!

Edited by Tim Gratz