The Education Forum

Since this morning the forum web side seems to cause me some problems, I wonder if any of you face similar changes. I did check with other sides I’m using but this one seems the only one. The problems are

A) It says right under the title bar just above the google search “you don’t have the required right to display this web page” .

B)to go back or forward within the topics, I have to “double-click” and the response seems to be slower than usual.

I would appreciate some answers.

I just want to be sure that it is

1) only my pc causing the problem (so I have to figure out) or

2) in case other members have experienced the same John maybe can check with the server.

Thank you for your cooperation.

George

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

works for me too

George, I have noticed occasions of degradation. I am under periodic attack from probes (see earlier 'Cybergoons' Topic where John outlined some problems the site has experienced). A rather amateurish bunch of hackers from within the Republican Party are being a bit naughty. Check your firewall for probes from reversetheplanet and goons and probes traced to them. They shift around a bit but there are good people out there keeping abreast. One interesting address of members associated with it is stemmons freeway, Dallas.

Since this morning the forum web side seems to cause me some problems, I wonder if any of you face similar changes. I did check with other sides I’m using but this one seems the only one. The problems are

A) It says right under the title bar just above the google search “you don’t have   the required right to display this web page” .

B)to go back or forward within the topics, I have to “double-click” and the response seems to be slower than usual.

I am getting the same problem. I will try to find out what the problem is. I suspect it is to do with the Google ads that the site carries. In my case it is only a problem with Internet Explorer. With Mozilla the ads do not show up at all.

I am getting the same problem. I will try to find out what the problem is. I suspect it is to do with the Google ads that the site carries. In my case it is only a problem with Internet Explorer. With Mozilla the ads do not show up at all.

Stephen, Antti, John D.,

thanks for your response, I'm glad I don't have to hide from the "Cybergoons" ;)

not yet!

John,

thanks for checking, I couldn't even tell what add there was before or if you had them changed. Thanks again and I suggest that you can delete this topic as the problem has been identified.

George

I'm having the same problems...apparently related to IE and Google ads. Yet 24 hours ago, this wasn't the case. No other problems on any other website.

I'm having the same problems...apparently related to IE and Google ads.  Yet 24 hours ago, this wasn't the case.  No other problems on any other website.

COINTELPRO2005, CIA in the cyberage?........naaah couldn't be, they're here to serve and protect..right?? :

:""Right Wing Hackers Attack Independent Media Centers

from "Notes from the Hacker Underground" at HackThisSite.org

OrgName: ThePlanet.com Internet Services, Inc.

OrgID: TPCM

Address: 1333 North Stemmons Freeway

Address: Suite 110

City: Dallas

StateProv: TX

PostalCode: 75207

During the Republican National Convention, a group of hackers called RightWingExtremist.net was formed by Brett Chance(elac, clorox, awb0t, etc) from Plano TX. This group came out of the ultra conservative ProtestWarrior.com who advocates disrupting and attacking leftist organizations.

These individuals operate under several different names including ProtestWarrior.com, RightWingExtremist.net, FreeRepublic.com, KobeHQ.com, FreeDominion.com, LittleGreenFootballs.com, and more. Many of these groups are suspected of being financed operations from governments or corporations similar to the COINTELPRO program from the 60s and 70s. Common activities range from flooding message boards, faking votes and reviews in online polls, releasing personal information of key organizers, spreading false rumors and scandals, etc.

Protest Warriors Connectable to the CIA

by linkmeister at 02.May.2005 21:49

Here's another interesting look at these right wing groups

http://seattle.indymedia.org/en/2004/09/242330.shtml

KOBE and the Protest Warriors are centered in Austin, Texas"

We have now identified this problem. We had this email this morning:

Hello Andrew Walker,

It has come to our attention that invalid clicks have been generated on

the Google ads on your site(s). We have therefore disabled your Google

AdSense account. Please understand that this step was taken in an

effort to protect the interest of the AdWords advertisers.

A publisher's site may not have invalid clicks on any ad(s), including

but not limited to clicks generated by a publisher on his own web

pages, clicks generated through the use of robots, automated clicking

tools, or any other deceptive software.

Practices such as these are in violation of the Google AdSense Terms

and Conditions and programme polices, which can be viewed at:

https://www.google.com/adsense/localized-terms?hl=en_GB

https://www.google.com/adsense/policies?hl=en_GB

Publishers disabled for invalid click activity are not allowed further

participation in AdSense and do not receive any further payment. The

earnings on your account will be properly returned to the affected

advertisers.

Sincerely,

The Google AdSense Team

There are several ways of trying to close down a Forum. One way is by mounting a "Denial of Service" attack. See the following for details:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=1126

Another is by trying to cut off your revenue stream. This has happened to me before. A few years ago I had a similar contract to the one of AdSense with ValueClick. However, my contract was terminated because one particular user of my website had installed software that constantly clicked on the adverts. ValueClick assumed I must have been involved in the scam. However, as I pointed out, I knew that ValueClick had software that monitored the clicking on adverts (they told you that when you signed up for the scheme). I had clearly been set-up by someone who wanted to stop me receiving advertising payments. I therefore called in the police. Working with ValueClick they traced the offending computer to a chemist shop in Brighton. The owner claimed that the computer had been under the control of a young lad who had set up his website for him. The lad disappeared and the police were unable to question him about his activities.

It was clear that there had been a sophisticated plot to cut off my revenue stream. The same thing has now happened with Google AdSense and the International Education Forum. It is possible this is linked to another matter. See this thread:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=4488

If the person responsible for this action is reading this thread I would like to send him a message. Andy and myself are not motivated my money and will fund the Forum out of our own pockets if necessary.

A) It says right under the title bar just above the google search “you don’t have  the required right to display this web page” .

I just want to be sure that it is

1) only my pc causing the problem (so I have to figure out) or

2) in case other members have experienced the same John maybe can check with the server.

Thank you for your cooperation.

George

I am having the exact same problem, the last few days actually, but this aftrnoon is the worst.

Dawn

works for me too

George, I have noticed occasions of degradation. I am under periodic attack from probes (see earlier 'Cybergoons' Topic where John outlined some problems the site has experienced). A rather amateurish bunch of hackers from within the Republican Party are being a bit naughty.

__________________________________-----

What makes you think they are "amateurish"???

Dawn

There are several ways of trying to close down a Forum. One way is by mounting a "Denial of Service" attack. See the following for details:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=1126

Another is by trying to cut off your revenue stream. This has happened to me before.....

It was clear that there had been a sophisticated plot to cut off my revenue stream. The same thing has now happened with Google AdSense and the International Education Forum. It is possible this is linked to another matter. See this thread:

If the person responsible for this action is reading this thread I would like to send him a message. Andy and myself are not motivated my money and will fund the Forum out of our own pockets if necessary.

I find the timeing of this interesting.

Let's see if it subsides....or changes...

Dawn

We have now identified this problem. We had this email this morning:

Hello Andrew Walker,

It has come to our attention that invalid clicks have been generated on

the Google ads on your site(s). We have therefore disabled your Google

AdSense account. Please understand that this step was taken in an

effort to protect the interest of the AdWords advertisers.

What has happened seems to be a very common problem. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&saf...+adsense+google

This website claims it is possible to get AdSense banned by clicking on the links twice! http://www.the-affiliate-directory.com/art...t-2-clicks.html

Some webmasters use Google Adsense to generate 100% of their website income and the account may hold many different websites. In that case, every website is disabled at one time. An automatic disqualification can be devastating, especially when Google has no obligation to explain its decision in detail.

Not only does the account become disabled, but also existing click-through earnings are refunded back to the advertisers.

Life gets tough, but is it that easy to get an account banned? Yes it is.

The terms of service every Google Adsense Webmaster accepts, describes the easy do's and don'ts.

Do use the Adsense approved formats only

Do keep your click-through data and income private.

Don't display Adsense on registration or thank you pages.

Don't use Adsense code and a competitor's content-targeted advertisement on the same page.

Don't encourage anyone else to click on ads.

For a complete list, read the Adsense policies and terms

https://www.google.com/adsense/policies

https://www.google.com/adsense/terms

The easiest method an account can be banned is by a Webmaster clicking on the site's own ads.

Just how many click-throughs are needed to get a site banned isn't exposed, but Google Adsense watches for multiple clicks from the same domain. One person was banned who clicked twice from the same domain within a 24-hour period. That doesn't mean that is Adsense policy, because Adsense appears to place suspect sites on watch status until the action is duplicated.

Spikes in click-through percentages are hefty red flags. Those are the changes worth becoming proactive over by emailing Google Adsense. A site that rises from a consistent 1% click-through rate to a 10% click-through rate on one day could become suspect. The actual percentage that creates the flag isn't made public for obvious reasons.

What's the safest way to protect an account?

Don't click on the site's own ads ever.

Deceptive practices work for a short time, but they always come back to hurt the originator.

Having encouraged members to click through, (I routinely do! :lol: ) you may have created problems. However in my view, the most likely explanation is that someone who knew that multiple-clicks disabled AdSense deliberately multiclicked.

Edited by Richard Jones-Nerzic

John, I have a message appearing saying that I am not authorised to view this page and by back and forward buttons do not work with this site anymore, but are fine with others, all started happening about 1 week ago.

Ignore the message and click five times rapidly on the back and forward buttons. You can also navigate by using the headings at the top.