The Education Forum

Introduce yourself here

I am a teacher of Chinese in secondary schools in Surrey, both private and state schools and I'm interested in discussing materials for teaching Chinese and preparation for GCSE. I also lead a summer study programme for a school every year in China and am forging links with secondary schools in China for another school.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, my name is Jane Yates and I teach History, Geography and RE at an 11-16 secondary school. I have only been teaching for a couple of years, although I worked for several years as a classroom assistant. As a relative IT novice, I am interested in learning how to teach more effectively using ICT. In particular, I feel my Geography skills are lacking, and would like to be helped to think of more interesting classroom approaches.

I am Head of History Department in a Secondary School in Alcorcón, near Madrid.

I am mainly interested in history teaching on the internet and I have set up my own web site http://www.historiasiglo20.org/ which is focused on 20th century history. I am a member of Virtual School and I have been collaborating in different European projects (Comenius, Spring Day in Europe).

I also lead the Spanish section of this Educational Forum, so, please, anybody who wants to use Cervantes language just have a glance at it and contribute.

I work as a teacher of History, Civics and International relations at Fredrika Bremergymnasiet, (http://www.fredrika.se/) an upper secondary school (16 - 19 age group) situated in a suburb of Stockholm. I'm born in Czechoslovakia but moved to Sweden in 1968.

Since 1995 I worked with information technology and pedagogical issues either at my school but also at Knowleadge and Kompetence Foundation and/or at National Agency for Education.

At my school I’m involved in two international ICT projects namely ”The Learning Bridge” and “Peace of Europe” (Fredernas Europa). Both projects can be viewed at the school homepage under the headline "Projects".

I did worked with and participate in following pedagogical projects: Netdays 1999-2001, eSchola 2001.

I am Head of History department, one of the classroom situated at Virtual School.

The Virtual School is one of the projects which is run by the European Schoolnet.

http://eunbrux02.eun.org/portal/index-en.cfm

http://vs.eun.org/eun.org2/eun/en/index_vs.cfm

http://vs.eun.org/eun.org2/eun/en/vs-histo....cfm?id_area=21

Hi,

My name is Fernando López, I am Spanish and work at the Instituto Cervantes in Manchester. I have worked as a Spanish Teacher since 1986 in different countries.

I studied Spanish Filology at Madrid University, then I moved to Zanzibar where I started teaching Spanish to foreigners. Two years later I taught at Cairo University. In 1994 I went to Casablanca (Morocco) to join the Instituto Cervantes. In 1997 I came to Manchester. Now I am Head of Studies.

Basically, the I.C. was created to promote the Hispanic CUlture and Language. You can find more information at Instituto Cervantes and Cervantes, Manchester

Hi

My name is Chris Sutton. I'm the Internet Training Consultant for the Centre for Innovation and Development of TAFE Queensland in Australia. (TAFE is Technical and Further Education - we have 15 institutes that deliver vocational training across Qld)

My job is to support teachers in our Institutes who are, or wish to be, using elearning strategies for teaching.

I'm also an Australian Flexible Learning Leader - see Flexible Learning Leaders to find out what that is.

I'm looking forward to being part of this forum. Greetings to all from Down Under! - and don't anyone mention the cricket or the rugby!!!!! :)

I am currently co-ordinator of Biology and Middle School Science at the International School of Toulouse, having previously worked for 8 years in comprehensive schools in the Bristol area of the UK.

After three years of teaching in a laptop school, I am thoroughly convinced of the value of ICT in education. I now do most of my lesson planning on our department website www.intst.net/science and integrate student use of laptops into my lessons in a variety of ways. I am always on the look-out for new ways to use ICT to improve student learning. I am also interested in comparisons between the use of ICT in education and industry and how e-learning may offer new opportunities.

I am a member of the European Virtual School Biology Department www.eun.org/vs and I have participated in eSchola and Spring Europe projects in recent years.

When time allows, I love telemark skiing in the Pyrenées and playing the bassoon.

Hello,

My name is Scott Christianson and I teach in Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada. I am currently teaching Social Studies and senior Geography at Dover Bay Secondary School, which has 1630 students. I am also trained to teach English, but am not currently teaching any classes in the subject.

I have taught for eleven years and am currently completing my Master's degree through Gonzaga University, a Jesuit institution from Spokane Washington. My thesis is on the underachievement of boys, a topic which has just recently started to gain publicity here in Canada.

Hello, ;)

I am Dico Krommenhoek,

I'm a French teacher at the Rotterdam international school Wolfert van Borselen, in the Netherlands

I teach French part-time and my other occupations in school are helping other teachers in their professional development and training coaches; from this schoolyear on, i'll be training colleagues in working with highly abled students and with dealing with the computer in their subject.

Last year I started as a guest-teacher at Leiden university, as a teacher-trainer of French; Since the job would take too much of my family-time, I decided tot resign. ;)

I'm 49 years old.Page de français

Edited by Dico Krommenhoek

;) I teach economics at a small school in the Netherlands. A few co-workers ( Marco Koene amongst others) are very involved in international programms and got me interested. I hope this forum will enable us to share information and experiences. I try to use the internet as a source of information for my pupils. In doing so, I post my work on the schools website: http://www.veurs.nl/veurs3