The Education Forum

James [Jim] Hicks

Lee Forman

9 hours ago, Thomas Graves said:

Let me rephrase my original question. (sarcasm}

DO YOU CONSIDER THOSE "PROBLEMS"?

You know, the possibility that the 2nd floor lunchroom encounter never occurred, that Vicki and Sarah didn't encounter Lovelady and Shelley on the 1st floor, etc? (Or did they?  I don't remember.  It's all very confusing, isn't it.)  Or, you know, Truly and Baker, and Oswald and all that stuff?

LOL

--  Tommy :sun

According to Shelley,

“Immediately following the shooting, Billy N. Lovelady and I accompanied some uniformed officers to the railroad yards just west of the building and returned through the westside door of the building about ten minutes later. I remained in the building until about 1.30p.m. When I was asked to go to the Dallas Police Dept to furnish an affidavit.”

Seems Vicki and Sarah must have taken ten minutes to exit the building.;)

https://catalog.archives.gov/id/7461156

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Ray Mitcham said:

According to Shelley,

“Immediately following the shooting, Billy N. Lovelady and I accompanied some uniformed officers to the railroad yards just west of the building and returned through the westside door of the building about ten minutes later. I remained in the building until about 1.30p.m. When I was asked to go to the Dallas Police Dept to furnish an affidavit.”

Seems Vicki and Sarah must have taken ten minutes to exit the building.;)

https://catalog.archives.gov/id/7461156

Excellent observation, Ray, as usual.

Happy New Year!

• 2 months later...
On 12/28/2016 at 0:16 AM, Thomas Graves said:

[...]

Was the Karan Daniel Hicks who said, according to the FBI, that she was standing with Gloria Calvary, Carol Reed, and Karen Westbrook during the assassination, married to the mysterious James Hicks who was photographically "captured" while walking across the infield grass right after the assassination?

Here's HSCA's photo #39 of "Karen Hicks, wife of James Hicks" :

HSCA-039-khicks.jpg

Go to this website and, under "James' Relatives," click on K Hicks. https://www.intelius.com/people/James-Hicks/Texarkana-TX/08C1HJE0D7Q 

The next page identifies this relative a bit further by supplying the middle initial "D." Could the full name of this person be "Karan Daniel Hicks"?  You know, one of the gals who claimed to have been standing withe Gloria Calvary during the assassination? Could she be the tallish gal wearing the head scarf?  I think I see a facial resemblance.  

Please note that this person lives in Irving, Texas.

--  Tommy :sun

Edited and bumped for Sandy Larsen as it relates to my concern expressed to him on another thread that she strongly resembles Thierry Speth's / Don Robideau's / Robin Unger's "Carol Reed," imho.

Edited by Thomas Graves

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, Michael Walton said:

I thought Big Jim Hicks was the one that has that big dangling antenna sticking out of his back pocket...like he was one of the radio men?

Could it be one in the same guy?  Interesting how things intertwine (at least in my mind) over the years.  The one setting next to umbrella man on the curb?  If so he probably did hear a bullet or two wiz by his head.  I read somewhere long ago he was sent to a mental institution after talking to Garrison (to shut him up?) though I can't tell you where so probably shouldn't mention it.  

• 2 years later...

Maybe unrelated but wasn't there an Honest Joe's Pawn Shop van with a machine gun or something on top of it parked somewhere behind the fence or in the railroad parking area or something? The van drove through the area apparently just before the parade came through and was supposedly parked somewhere up in that area. Just bringing this up because somewhere earlier in this thread there was talk of a possible gunman on top of a car spotted in the Nix film or something to that effect. To play devil's advocate, could the firearm on top of the van parked somewhere behind the fence be mistaken for a gunman's rifle with him being on top of a vehicle. Being older posts, all of the related pics were gone so I don't have the advantage of seeing those so excuse me if I'm mistaken about any of the above related info. The other thing is that I do believe Hicks could have been a radio man for the assassination team but I just can't see him being the same person as the "Dark Complected Man" who was beside "Umbrella Man" during the assassination. From his testimony of being near the Stemmon's Freeway sign it would seem to place him in that area, but DCM and Hicks look nothing alike to me.