The Education Forum

William King Harvey

John Simkin

Does anybody have a copy of any Harvey testimony before the Church Committee?

And given the constitutional separation of church and state, it's ---(NO, WAY TOO POOR A JOKE!)

But my request for any Harvey testimony to the Church Committee is serious.

Thanks!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John and all,

g. Oct 30, 62 - All operations by Task Force W, the CIA 's action arm for Operation Mongoose activities, are called to an immediate halt. However, during the [Cuban Missile] crisis, Director of Task Force W, William Harvey, ordered teams of covert agents into Cuba on his own authority to support any conventional U.S. military operation that might occur. At the end of October, a new mission is about to be dispatched. One of the operatives, concerned about a covert operation so soon after a settlement to the missile crisis has been reached, sends a message to AG Kennedy to verify that the mission is in order. Kennedy, angered to learn that CIA missions are continuing, chastises Harvey and asks CIA Director McCone to terminate the operations. Harvey is demoted and is to be sent to Rome. Edward Lansdale is subsequently sent to Miami to oversee the end of Mongoose. However, three of ten scheduled six-man sabotage teams have already been dispatched to Cuba. On November 8, one of the teams carries out its assigned sabotage mission. (Alleged Assassination Plots Involving Foreign Leaders, 11/20/75, pp. 147-48)

3. Phase Three: Dec 1963, ZR/RIFLE is still in effect, continued contact with Rosselli under William Harvey; AM/LASH under Desmond FitzGerald, and also RFK's activities with the exiles.

a. Dec 22-Jan 6, 63 Harvey is in Miami. Details of activity unknown.

b. Feb, 63 - Harvey Demoted: Harvey is officially removed from his post as head of Project Mongoose on orders from Robert Kennedy and is reassigned to the Rome station as chief of station effectively taking him out of action. He meets with Rosselli in Washington, DC. (Inspector General 's Report, p 53) See entry for Oct 30th.

Harvey gets back in touch with Rosselli in Miami and Los Angeles (Feb 13). Harvey is reportedly seen in Florida meeting with Rosselli as late as June 1963 and visited anti-Castro camps there. Asset is paid $2,700 for expenses. They agree to put assassination plots on hold but leave the bounty of $150,000 active. (Church Committee, 1975)

c. Apr, 63 - According to his testimony, Harvey receives phone call from Rosselli.

d. Apr 13-21, 63 - Harvey is at the Plantation Yacht Harbor motel/marina in Plantation Key, Florida according to his QJWIN/ZRRIFLE expense records. "John A. Wallston" (Rosselli 's alias was John A. Ralston), who listed his address as 56510 Wilshire Blvd the Friars Club in Los Angeles was registered in the next room which was charged to Harvey 's room #22. Harvey spent at least three days there making calls to Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Perrine, FL (possibly JM/WAVE station). Records show a boat was chartered to go to Islamorada, FL. There is reimbursement for dinner for three (two unofficial Americans and Harvey) at the Fountainbleu Hotel in Miami on April 20 and also "operational hotel rooms" at the Eden Roc Hotel in Miami. (Twyman pp 442-443; Mahoney p 268)

e. Jun, 63 - Rosselli came to Washington to meet with Harvey who picks him up at Dulles Airport and takes him to dinner. This was to be their official last meeting. FBI surveillance of Rosselli picks up the meeting. Harvey meets with FBI 's CIA liaison Sam Papich the next morning. Harvey explains that he was terminating an operational association with Rosselli. Papich reminds Harvey of the FBI rule requiring FBI personnel to report any known contacts between former FBI employees and criminal elements and that Papich would have to report to Hoover that Harvey had been seen with Rosselli. Hoover and the Justice Dept. liaison Courtney Evans were given detailed reports on the contact. (Mahoney p 286, note 97, p 412)

f. Note: RFK has formed close ties to several Cuban exiles: Roberto San Roman, Enrique Ruiz-Williams, and in '63, Manuel Artime. RFK 's "interference" led to arguments with Harvey (who routinely refers to the AG as "that xxxxer)." By this time Miami is no longer controlled by Washington. Besides Rosselli's kill team, Operation 40, a ZR/RIFLE unit created prior to the Bay of Pigs, brought together Cuban mob henchmen like Eladio del Valle and Rolando Masferrer, soldiers of fortune like Frank Sturgis, and CIA case officers like Col. William Bishop and David Morales, who managed assassins. (Mahoney p 174-175;HSCA staff reports)

Jun 27, 63 - Harvey, winding up his headquarters responsibilities in preparation for assignment in Rome, writes a memo stating that the original justification for employing QJWIN (asset developed for original ZR/RIFLE projects.) no longer existed and raised the question of QJWIN 's termination. He is not terminated until Feb 14, 1964.

For the most reliable and current information on William Harvey, I recommend the reader pair this memo with Noel Twyman's book Bloody Treason, specifically the chapter "The Cuban Obsession" and Larry Hancock's book, "Someone Would Have Talked." (new update coming in Spring 06)

Hope this helps,

Debra

Previous post by:

William Plumlee Oct 13 2004, 07:08 PM Post #10

Advanced Member

Group: Members

Member No.: 1680

In reference to an invitation" Rosellie aka Col. John A Ralston JM/Wave...... Log at Zenith Tech gate sign in sheet June of 62 Spelled as " Col Rawlston"

note: " Wild Bill" Harvey as well as "Wild Bill" Donovan, Toney Bender (Doller) John Martino, Tracer Barnes were all contack operatives. Some were also my case officers at different times before and after the Cuban Project and Operation 40 and the formation of "Task Force W Section C-7 aka OMC-235 file locator Tab-B&D.(classified) John Rosellie was flown into Cuba the first time by Plumlee in October of 1961 to make contack with the old M-26-7 underground (DF) (phon. spelling, " ? Barquien" and Justo Carrellio phon? and ?Chromon "phon. that was supported by the CIA in the 1956-57 gun running days which were in support of the Castro rebels who were operating in the Mountains of southern Cuba... Fidel was in the south... Raul Castro was in the north.. timeframe 1956-58.

Members of the old Cuban Underground were to set up a shooter, in October of 61, but the deal was shutdown by the CIA in April 62 when the "shooter" was found to be a Castro Agent. ( ref; background info; The Humboldt Apartment complex and the Presidental Palace Havana attack of 1957 the M-26-7, where Joe Westbrook Rosales a CIA paid operative contract employee was killed, because of an " Castro informant" along with many others by Batista's SS.

)Later June of 1963 our team TFW-C-11b went into Cuba to try and find "Eddie Bayo" who was suppose to be in prison. Rosillie was now working with Harvey and others in the infamous ZR/Rifle on the assassination of Fidel Castro.

If we do have debates I would be happy to go into detail on the dates, time and reasons of these operations and how they were set in motion and by whom and why. Also "How the "cut outs" were put in place for security of the operatives involved, inside Cuba and in southern Florida.

This information first was given to investigators of the "Warren Commision in 1964 and later to Waren Hinckle and Bill Turner "Fish are Red" Deadly Secrets", by Plumlee. It has been twisted over the years to fit into "disinformation" most of the details are still classified and parts can be found in the Senator Kerry investigations of 1987-91 )Iran/Contra resupply Network.., ref; John Winner and Dick Mc Call Staff investigators for Senator John Kerry, as well as Senator Gary Hart, 1983-84.

Also on file are the results of a polygraph exam conducted on August 2 1991 by the "Department of Justice", FBI results "No Deception found" part one.. Inconclusive Part Two, classified Top Secret Committee Sensitive" August 7, 1991.

Another early Polygraph conducted in 1964 at the Colorado State Reformatory by the Denver FBI SAC Scott Warner, concerning Cuban Operations. Results "No Deception" was reported as stated in a FBI 302 file in FBI OO Denver Colorado and Pheonix Arizona , as well as the Phoenix Organized Crime Detail, The FBI 105 file states the original "302 File has been destoroyed" These polygraphs paved the way for the testimony to various committees. AND to this day most of this information is still CLASSIFIED ....".

John, I think this places Harvey directly into the SPECIAL GROUP that is evidently responsible for the murder of president John F. Kennedy. In particular, I think this is very significant:

"Harvey was now sent to Italy where he became Chief of Station in Rome. Harvey knew that Robert Kennedy had been responsible for his demotion. A friend of Harvey's said that he "hated Bobby Kennedy's guts with a purple passion".

Harvey continued to keep in contact with Johnny Roselli. According to Richard D. Mahoney: "On April 8, Rosselli flew to New York to meet with Bill Harvey. A week later, the two men met again in Miami to discuss the plot in greater detail... On April 21 he (Harvey) flew from Washington to deliver four poison pills directly to Rosselli, who got them to Tony Varona and hence to Havana. That same evening, Harvey and Ted Shackley, the chief of the CIA's south Florida base, drove a U-Haul truck filled with the requested arms through the rain to a deserted parking lot in Miami. They got out and handed the keys to Rosselli."

Great thread !

I had to edit my post, sorry for the previous, misquote.

Debra, your post is very interesting, except for Maheau was closer to Hoover's FBI wasn't he?

I think maheau used the CIA the way that Jim Garrison used it --to cover up the truth, in the name of the national security.

Lynne, you are of the mistaken opinion that all former Feebies remained loyal to Hoover. This was simply not true. Maheu was far more a spook than a feebie. There's a famous memo where RFK and Hoover discuss the CIA's use of Maheu and Giancana on the attempts on Castro. Hoover notes that RFK was concerned because of MAHEU'S reputation. And Hoover agrees! In other words, they trusted Maheu less than they did Giancana. While Hoover's memo fails to explain why, a little research will show you that Maheu was considered a prime suspect in the kidnapping of a Dominican dissident off the streets of New York. This dissident, Jesus de Galindez, was tortured and murdered by the Dominican dictator Trujillo. It makes sense that Hoover and Kennedy were both aware of this and were unsure of Maheu's loyalty. Particularly since the CIA had just taken out one of Maheu's clients, Trujillo.

Edited by Pat Speer

from Conway:

".....[Harvey continued to keep in contact with Johnny Roselli. According to Richard D. Mahoney: "On April 8, Rosselli flew to New York to meet with Bill Harvey. A week later, the two men met again in Miami to discuss the plot in greater detail... On April 21 he (Harvey) flew from Washington to deliver four poison pills directly to Rosselli, who got them to Tony Varona and hence to Havana. That same evening, Harvey and Ted Shackley, the chief of the CIA's south Florida base, drove a U-Haul truck filled with the requested arms through the rain to a deserted parking lot in Miami. They got out and handed the keys to Rosselli." ...".

end Conway quote

another post:

Great thread !

Debra, your post is very interesting, except for Maheau was closer to Hoover's FBI wasn't he?

I think maheau used the CIA the way that Jim Garrison used it --to cover up the truth, in the name of the national security.

quote from Tim:

"....Lynne, you are of the mistaken opinion that all former Feebies remained loyal to Hoover. This was simply not true. Maheu was far more a spook than a feebie. There's a famous memo where RFK and Hoover discuss the CIA's use of Maheu and Giancana on the attempts on Castro. Hoover notes that RFK was concerned because of MAHEU'S reputation. And Hoover agrees! In other words, they trusted Maheu less than they did Giancana. While Hoover's memo fails to explain why, a little research will show you that

Maheu was considered a prime suspect in the kidnapping of a Dominican dissident off the streets of New York. This dissident, Jesus de Galindez, was tortured and murdered by the Dominican dictator Trujillo.

It makes sense that Hoover and Kennedy were both aware of this and were unsure of Maheu's loyalty. Particularly since the CIA had just taken out one of Maheu's clients, Trujillo.

...". end quote from Tim

note previous post from Plumlee in 2004:

William Plumlee Oct 23 2004, 11:28 AM Post #1

Advanced Member

Thanks Tosh, it does help and does lead to more questions. Perhaps this is why we talk about the assassination as one event from many, involving Cuba.

I wonder if the JCS was really surprised at this secret accomodation plan. When they learned of it yet knew of Bobby's work with the exiles, how could they not feel "dissed" to put it mildly. And the Cubans who had received assistance find that LBJ shuts it them down. The FBI and CIA, their constant monitoring of the various operations, ongoing since they early days in CUba, and the ops in Haiti and Domincan Rep. ongoing.

Dallas event became a great liability for these factions on the perifery. Then we have Warren who cries at the great lie and Russell who knew of the operations in Cuba, yet questions the official story. Hard to know where to start.

Great input Tosh.

Chris

For those who have to have unquestionable documentation to put together the facts before they can grab hold of the truth of an OPS and fully understand how and why an operation is put together, then sheilded. I think the following, lost story of the Cold War, should be of interest.

If researchers would care to look into the players of the "Glandez", matter of 1957, including, " Lester Murphy", Steve Guthrie, and other players connected with the United States Government ,the Dominican Republic , and Cuba, during and after the Dominican Republic and Hati matters, I think they would find it rewarding in reference to Cuban Operations of the sixties and the secret players involved in the Kennedy assassination.

note: I am working on the other pictures ("Gator and The Cat') and replies to various questions and should have these ready by the end of next week. Until then consider the following:

Reply to Christy's earlier post:

"....I'm sure it was hard on everyone involved in those operations from the JCS as well as the Oval Office.

Another project you reminded me about when you mention other OPs going on in the Dominican Republic and Hati. Do you remember when we talked about "Lester Murphy" and the doctor who was kidnapped and flown from the Dominican Republic to New York? The aircraft a twin beach D-18 of which I think I might have mention your father or Sherry's father might have flown with Alex Rouke in the Florida Keys. The aircraft at one time belong to "Steave Guthrie" an associate of John Pasily (?). The story is recorded in the old Life Magazine about 1957-8, ref; "Galandez (?)" / "Lester Murphy a kidnapping". Galandez I think was the kidnapped person who was taken to NY at the request of the CIA. Well anyway, I find it strange that John Paisely, who was killed in the Cheespeak Bay boating "accident" who was weighted down with chains and found in the Bay with a bullit in the head commited suicide... I think the background of this OPS can be found in that life article. I think I sent you a copy a few years ago, or maybe it was Sherry. The aircraft ID I think was N6800, but not sure today. There is a picture of it with its NC number in the article. Its interesting as to who it was register two "Atlantic Richfield" "Mid States Aviation". and "Southwest Airmotive", Dallas Love Field. CIA fronts and companies used my them...Anyway if you like and you can find that information in your files it would lead into the Liza Howard material of 1962-63 and her murder and her trips from NY to Florida... OH yes. shortly after "Galandiz" was taken to NY. Lester Murphy was reported missing and has never been found... another CIA mystery... one of many... still that one is like the Rosellie mystery... none of these crimes have been solved as well as John A Pasiley murder (?) Three possible murders. never really investigated... Interesting.. Why? Later Tosh

note: details can be found in Life Magazine 1957 ref; Galindez kidnapping, Lester Murphy and aircraft D-18 Twin Beach Christy has further info on this.

Edited by William Plumlee

from Conway:

".....[Harvey continued to keep in contact with Johnny Roselli. According to Richard D. Mahoney: "On April 8, Rosselli flew to New York to meet with Bill Harvey. A week later, the two men met again in Miami to discuss the plot in greater detail... On April 21 he (Harvey) flew from Washington to deliver four poison pills directly to Rosselli, who got them to Tony Varona and hence to Havana. That same evening, Harvey and Ted Shackley, the chief of the CIA's south Florida base, drove a U-Haul truck filled with the requested arms through the rain to a deserted parking lot in Miami. They got out and handed the keys to Rosselli." ...".

end Conway quote

another post:

Great thread !

quote from Tim:

"....Lynne, you are of the mistaken opinion that all former Feebies remained loyal to Hoover. This was simply not true. Maheu was far more a spook than a feebie. There's a famous memo where RFK and Hoover discuss the CIA's use of Maheu and Giancana on the attempts on Castro. Hoover notes that RFK was concerned because of MAHEU'S reputation. And Hoover agrees! In other words, they trusted Maheu less than they did Giancana. While Hoover's memo fails to explain why, a little research will show you that

Maheu was considered a prime suspect in the kidnapping of a Dominican dissident off the streets of New York. This dissident, Jesus de Galindez, was tortured and murdered by the Dominican dictator Trujillo.

It makes sense that Hoover and Kennedy were both aware of this and were unsure of Maheu's loyalty. Particularly since the CIA had just taken out one of Maheu's clients, Trujillo.

...". end quote from Tim

Advanced Member

Thanks Tosh, it does help and does lead to more questions. Perhaps this is why we talk about the assassination as one event from many, involving Cuba.

I wonder if the JCS was really surprised at this secret accomodation plan. When they learned of it yet knew of Bobby's work with the exiles, how could they not feel "dissed" to put it mildly. And the Cubans who had received assistance find that LBJ shuts it them down. The FBI and CIA, their constant monitoring of the various operations, ongoing since they early days in CUba, and the ops in Haiti and Domincan Rep. ongoing.

Dallas event became a great liability for these factions on the perifery. Then we have Warren who cries at the great lie and Russell who knew of the operations in Cuba, yet questions the official story. Hard to know where to start.

Great input Tosh.

Chris

For those who have to have unquestionable documentation to put together the facts before they can grab hold of the truth of an OPS and fully understand how and why an operation is put together, then sheilded. I think the following, lost story of the Cold War, should be of interest.

If researchers would care to look into the players of the "Glandez", matter of 1957, including, " Lester Murphy", Steve Guthrie, and other players connected with the United States Government ,the Dominican Republic , and Cuba, during and after the Dominican Republic and Hati matters, I think they would find it rewarding in reference to Cuban Operations of the sixties and the secret players involved in the Kennedy assassination.

note: I am working on the other pictures ("Gator and The Cat') and replies to various questions and should have these ready by the end of next week. Until then consider the following:

In Reply to Christy's earlier post:

"....I'm sure it was hard on everyone involved in those operations from the JCS as well as the Oval Office.

from tosh

Another project you reminded me about when you mention other OPs going on in the Dominican Republic and Hati. Do you remember when we talked about "Lester Murphy" and the doctor who was kidnapped and flown from the Dominican Republic to New York? The aircraft a twin beach D-18 of which I think I might have mention your father or Sherry's father might have flown with Alex Rouke in the Florida Keys. The aircraft at one time belong to "Steave Guthrie" an associate of John Pasily (?). The story is recorded in the old Life Magazine about 1957-8, ref; "Galandez (?)" / "Lester Murphy a kidnapping". Galandez I think was the kidnapped person who was taken to NY at the request of the CIA. Well anyway, I find it strange that John Paisely, who was killed in the Cheespeak Bay boating "accident" who was weighted down with chains and found in the Bay with a bullit in the head commited suicide... I think the background of this OPS can be found in that life article. I think I sent you a copy a few years ago, or maybe it was Sherry. The aircraft ID I think was N6800, but not sure today. There is a picture of it with its NC number in the article. Its interesting as to who it was register two "Atlantic Richfield" "Mid States Aviation". and "Southwest Airmotive", Dallas Love Field. CIA fronts and companies used my them...Anyway if you like and you can find that information in your files it would lead into the Liza Howard material of 1962-63 and her murder and her trips from NY to Florida... OH yes. shortly after "Galandiz" was taken to NY. Lester Murphy was reported missing and has never been found... another CIA mystery... one of many... still that one is like the Rosellie mystery... none of these crimes have been solved as well as John A Pasiley murder (?) Three possible murders. never really investigated... Interesting.. Why? Later Tosh

note: details can be found in Life Magazine 1957 ref; Galindez kidnapping, Lester Murphy and aircraft D-18 Twin Beach Christy has further info on this.

Tosh

Here are a few more postings from Oct 2004 that should be of interest concerning Murphy and Paisley:

from tosh:

1) Does anyone have any information on Galandez and the Domenican Republic around 1957?

(2) Steve Guthrie, Lester Murphy? (Tosh Plumlee)

from James:

Tosh,

The Murphy you refer to, is that the freelance pilot who vanished in the Dominican Republic after flying Galindez who was then supposedly kidnapped?

If so, I have a page from Murphy's notebook below which shows the entry Jesus de Galindez. Any of those other numbers ring a bell? I also have a shot of Murphy's house which I believe was under surveillance after his disappearance.

If that is the same Murphy, I will try to get some information for you.

Cheers,

James

--------------------

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar, and often convincing. - Oscar Wilde

Full Edit

Quick Edit

William Plumlee Oct 29 2004, 06:20 PM Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE(James Richards @ Oct 30 2004, 01:10 AM)

(1) Does anyone have any information on Galandez and the Domenican Republic around 1957?

Tosh,

The Murphy you refer to, is that the freelance pilot who vanished in the Dominican Republic after flying Galindez who was then supposedly kidnapped?

If so, I have a page from Murphy's notebook below which shows the entry Jesus de Galindez. Any of those other numbers ring a bell? I also have a shot of Murphy's house which I believe was under surveillance after his disappearance.

Cheers,

James

--------------------

Biography: http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=1874

Full Edit

Quick Edit William Plumlee Oct 29 2004, 06:30 PM Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE(William Plumlee @ Oct 30 2004, 02:20 AM)

(1) Does anyone have any information on Galandez and the Domenican Republic around 1957?

from tosh:

Yes James. Thanks. Same Murphy.., same house. Lester and I used to fly together. We both flew Rosellie and others at different times. (mid to late fifties) Steve Guthrie owned the D-18 (? N6800 ?) that we used to fly. It was registered to 'Atlantic Richfield', I think and later to "Inter-Mountain Aviation'. (60's) For awhile it was based at Miami and Lantana, West Palm Beach. (1962-63) Was Murphy ever found? What happened to Galandez (Galindez)? I'll study the numbers and if I can help, I'll get back to you.... This is still real touchie stuff. Still to some degree "Classified". Anything on 'Inter-Mountain or Mid States Aviation?

Thanks James This information helps a lot. tosh

P--------------------

Full Edit

Quick Edit James Richards Oct 29 2004, 06:42 PM Post #6

Member No.: 624

P.S to above post..

Interesting note book. To some degree I am familiar with some of the notes. IF my memory serves me right there is information and contacts for the guns and ammo which were being moved around at that time. There are a few CIA cut-outs in those notes... Do you have the note book, because if you do then you will find Rosellies code name under 'R' and "S' ROSS and Soroco ( ?) Coral Gabels Florida S/W 9th Ter. Also I think John Paisely or his look alike worked as a case officer with operatives in Dominican Republic.. This is all memory... I'll geet back to you on this after I prod along... again thanks a lot.. Tosh (Tosh Plumlee)

from Jim

Hi Tosh,

I don't have the note book and more than happy not to.

Interesting sidebar on Dominican Republic dictator Trujillo. Seems he recruited Herminio Diaz Garcia to whack Jose Figueres. Small world.

That aside, you may wish to check out this piece below. It gives some good information on what happened to Galindez and Murphy.

James

NEWS & COLUMNS

By William Bryk

The Galindez Case

On March 12, 1956, Jesus de Galindez, a lecturer in Spanish and government at Columbia University, conducted a graduate seminar in Hamilton Hall on Latin American government. At 10 p.m., he entered the subway at 57th St. and 8th Ave. He was never seen or heard from again. n As Galindez was a bachelor of irregular habits, his disappearance went unnoticed for several days. The police found his apartment in order. Investigators found neither evidence of violence nor any decisive clues. However, hints and leads abounded. Most pointed toward the Dominican Republic, where Galindez had lived from 1939 to 1946 and which Rafael Trujillo had ruled since 1930. Galindez’s friends knew, and a note among his possessions confirmed, that he had feared violence from Dominican sources.

On Dec. 4, 1956, some nine months later, a Ford belonging to Gerald Murphy, an American citizen from Oregon, was found abandoned by the sea in Ciudad Trujillo, the Dominican capital. Murphy, a pilot for CDA, the Dominican national airline, was never seen again. However, Murphy had confided to his fiancee, a Pan American Airways stewardess, about his experiences in Dominican service. She in turn told his parents, who harassed Murphy’s congressional representatives, Sen. Wayne Morse and Rep. Charles O. Porter. The politicians persistently lobbied the Justice and State Depts. to find out what had happened. The bureaucrats, in turn, pestered the Dominican government. In late December 1956, the Dominican government arrested and charged Octavio de la Maza, another CDA pilot, with Murphy’s murder. Apparently, de la Maza was advised to admit the murder while pleading self-defense. The story suggested to de la Maza was that Murphy had propositioned him during a drive. De la Maza had rejected him with horror and disgust. The men had brawled and Murphy had accidentally fallen from the cliffs where the Ford had been found. The catch was that de la Maza was unwilling to go along with the story.

Then, during the early morning of Jan. 7, 1957, de la Maza was found hanging from the showerhead in his cell. A nearby note, claiming that he had committed suicide in a fit of remorse, conveniently explained everything.

No one believed this. The American pressure became overwhelming. FBI agents were allowed to investigate de la Maza’s death. They found he had been too tall to hang himself from the showerhead. Moreover, the showerhead was too flimsy to have borne his weight long enough to permit his death by strangulation. Last, the handwriting in the note was a forgery.

All these cases were intertwined by the hands of Trujillo.

After Gen. Franco’s victory in the Spanish Civil War, Galindez had exiled himself to Ciudad Trujillo, where he taught and provided legal advice to the departments of National Economy and of Labor. He was pleasant, charming, bookish, scholarly and something of a poet. Nonetheless, he held strong radical and democratic opinions, however politely expressed, and thus found trouble in Ciudad Trujillo.

Christopher Columbus had originally named the city Santo Domingo. However, the Dominican Congress had recently renamed it for the dictator. Rafael Trujillo had begun his career as a petty criminal and hellraiser. In 1916, President Wilson had sent the U.S. Marines to occupy the Dominican Republic after decades of political instability. The next year, the Marines created a Dominican national police force. Trujillo volunteered. Within months, the intelligent, charming recruit had become an officer. The Marines found him useful: aside from being an instinctively good soldier, he proved an amazingly resourceful pimp. By 1924, he was a major.

Then the Marines went home, leaving the newly minted Colonel Trujillo as chief of staff. By 1930, the National Guard had become the Army, with Trujillo its commanding general. Trujillo manipulated a coup d’etat that ended with elections that he won through terror and ballot box stuffing.

Trujillo ruled for the next 31 years. He built highways, low-income housing, hospitals and schools, balanced the budget, repaid the entire national debt and put the Dominican peso at par with the American dollar. The price was a totalitarian state. His spies and informers were everywhere. No man and no man’s family was exempt from the regime: the dictator’s arrest orders for political crimes usually named a suspect "and family," requiring the arrest of him and his relatives up to and including first cousins. Oppositionists were tortured in prison with beatings; they were whipped, stabbed or shocked in electric chairs; cattle prods were applied to their genitals; some were castrated.

Trujillo demanded abject public adulation. The country’s highest mountain peak would bear his name. Robert D. Crassweller, in Trujillo: The Life and Times of a Caribbean Dictator, observed, "The anniversaries of Trujillo’s election in 1930, of his inauguration, of his redemption of the national debt, of his birthday, and of his entry into the army, were all days of nationwide demonstrations and celebration." Provinces, cities and streets throughout the Republic were renamed for him and for members of his family.

His image, in plaques, busts, statues and portraits, was everywhere. His sycophants devised such honorifics as Generalissmo, Doctor, Benefactor of the Fatherland, Father of the New Fatherland, Loyal and Noble Champion of World Peace, or Maximum Protector of the Dominican Working Class. He was declared by law an authority on all subjects. The walls of even the humblest shack bore framed cards reading, "Thanks to God and Trujillo" or "In this house, Trujillo is the Chief."

Through his family and cronies, he monopolized or dominated the production of salt, peanut oil, shoes, matches, cement, soap, paint, glass, beer, meat, chocolate, cigarettes and flour. Through his brothers, he controlled gambling and prostitution. His personal life was tangled by compulsive lust: he had three wives, two mistresses and hundreds, perhaps thousands, of one-night stands. He was cunning and ruthless: not so much sadistic as unrestrained by conscience in working out his ideas to their logical conclusions.

In 1946, Galindez left for New York. He taught at Columbia. He also advised clients on matters of Dominican law, wrote articles and became active in various Spanish and Basque exile groups. His obsession with Trujillo’s character and career led him to write his doctoral dissertation on "The Era of Trujillo." It is a rigorously thorough, unprejudiced study of the dictatorship that discusses Trujillo’s accomplishments as well as his abuse of power and reliance on terror.

Somehow, a Dominican consular officer in New York learned about the dissertation. Common sense dictates that no one pays attention to any doctoral dissertation save one’s own. Nonetheless, the officer wrote to Trujillo, suggesting that it would attack Trujillo’s family as well as the Generalissmo himself and that Galindez’s connection with Columbia would lend his work tremendous prestige. The dictator fell for it. By 1956, according to Crassweller, "Vanity and the need for adulation had ascended from obsession into monomania and now hovered on the fine edge of imbalance."

Dominican agents offered Galindez $25,000 for the dissertation. Galindez refused. Then, Trujillo learned that Galindez would present his dissertation before the faculty committee of Columbia’s history department on Feb. 27, 1956: Dominican Independence Day. The dictator considered this a supreme personal insult. Galindez would have to be killed.

His operatives schemed. They needed a pilot, preferably an American, who might operate in the United States without attracting much attention. Through his agents in America, Gen. Arturo Espaillat, the gracious, engaging and utterly lethal chief of Dominican military intelligence, found Murphy, whose single-minded ambition to fly had so far been thwarted by bad eyesight.

In early 1956, Murphy was offered a contract to fly a charter from the United States to the Dominican Republic. On March 12, 1956, Murphy landed a twin-engine Beech airplane at Amityville, L.I. Late that night, an ambulance pulled up. A man on a stretcher was carried from the truck to the plane. Only Murphy and the night watchman saw the ambulance arrive. The night watchman told at least two other people before his sudden death from a convenient heart attack.

The plane flew to West Palm Beach, FL. There, a mechanic entered the cabin to fill extra fuel tanks. He saw a body lying on a stretcher, either dead or unconscious, and smelled a peculiar odor that he thought might have been a drug. The mechanic died in an airplane crash six days before he was to testify under oath about what he had seen. The plane then flew to Monte Cristi in the Dominican Republic. According to Bernard Diederich’s The Death of the Goat, Galindez was transferred to a CDA plane and flown to Ciudad Trujillo. There, he was brought to Casa de Caoba, Trujillo’s favorite residence. He was carried into the huge barroom that occupies half of the second floor.

The dictator strode in, carrying a riding crop. In his hand was a copy of Galindez’s dissertation. He extended the hand with the document. "Eat it," Trujillo barked. Still drugged, Galindez took the papers, gazed at Trujillo and then dropped his head to his chest and the papers to the floor. Trujillo cursed at him, shouting, "Pendejo! Pendejo!" as he beat Galindez over the head with the riding crop. Then he stalked out of the room.

No more than 24 hours after his last lecture, Galindez was taken to an interrogation chamber in Ciudad Trujillo. He was stripped and handcuffed. A rope was tied to his feet and led through an overhead pulley. Then he was lowered inch by inch into a vat of boiling water. Then the remains were thrown to the sharks. Murphy carried out several other errands for Trujillo. In December 1956, he arranged to return to the United States. He met his girlfriend at the airport, where she was on a brief stopover. He told her that he had a 5 p.m. appointment at the National Palace. The next day his car was found.

Galindez’s disappearance has never been completely solved. Neither was Murphy’s. De la Maza’s brothers conspired against the dictator. Trujillo was assassinated on the evening of May 30, 1961. Antonio de la Maza was one of the gunmen. He stood over the dictator’s body, took Trujillo’s pistol from his hand, murmured, "This hawk won’t kill any more chickens," aimed at the face and squeezed the trigger.

thanks James for the update Tosh

John and all,

g. Oct 30, 62 - All operations by Task Force W, the CIA 's action arm for Operation Mongoose activities, are called to an immediate halt. However, during the [Cuban Missile] crisis, Director of Task Force W, William Harvey, ordered teams of covert agents into Cuba on his own authority to support any conventional U.S. military operation that might occur. At the end of October, a new mission is about to be dispatched. One of the operatives, concerned about a covert operation so soon after a settlement to the missile crisis has been reached, sends a message to AG Kennedy to verify that the mission is in order. Kennedy, angered to learn that CIA missions are continuing, chastises Harvey and asks CIA Director McCone to terminate the operations. Harvey is demoted and is to be sent to Rome. Edward Lansdale is subsequently sent to Miami to oversee the end of Mongoose. However, three of ten scheduled six-man sabotage teams have already been dispatched to Cuba. On November 8, one of the teams carries out its assigned sabotage mission. (Alleged Assassination Plots Involving Foreign Leaders, 11/20/75, pp. 147-48)

3. Phase Three: Dec 1963, ZR/RIFLE is still in effect, continued contact with Rosselli under William Harvey; AM/LASH under Desmond FitzGerald, and also RFK's activities with the exiles.

a. Dec 22-Jan 6, 63 Harvey is in Miami. Details of activity unknown.

b. Feb, 63 - Harvey Demoted: Harvey is officially removed from his post as head of Project Mongoose on orders from Robert Kennedy and is reassigned to the Rome station as chief of station effectively taking him out of action. He meets with Rosselli in Washington, DC. (Inspector General 's Report, p 53) See entry for Oct 30th.

Harvey gets back in touch with Rosselli in Miami and Los Angeles (Feb 13). Harvey is reportedly seen in Florida meeting with Rosselli as late as June 1963 and visited anti-Castro camps there. Asset is paid $2,700 for expenses. They agree to put assassination plots on hold but leave the bounty of $150,000 active. (Church Committee, 1975)

c. Apr, 63 - According to his testimony, Harvey receives phone call from Rosselli.

d. Apr 13-21, 63 - Harvey is at the Plantation Yacht Harbor motel/marina in Plantation Key, Florida according to his QJWIN/ZRRIFLE expense records. "John A. Wallston" (Rosselli 's alias was John A. Ralston), who listed his address as 56510 Wilshire Blvd the Friars Club in Los Angeles was registered in the next room which was charged to Harvey 's room #22. Harvey spent at least three days there making calls to Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Perrine, FL (possibly JM/WAVE station). Records show a boat was chartered to go to Islamorada, FL. There is reimbursement for dinner for three (two unofficial Americans and Harvey) at the Fountainbleu Hotel in Miami on April 20 and also "operational hotel rooms" at the Eden Roc Hotel in Miami. (Twyman pp 442-443; Mahoney p 268)

e. Jun, 63 - Rosselli came to Washington to meet with Harvey who picks him up at Dulles Airport and takes him to dinner. This was to be their official last meeting. FBI surveillance of Rosselli picks up the meeting. Harvey meets with FBI 's CIA liaison Sam Papich the next morning. Harvey explains that he was terminating an operational association with Rosselli. Papich reminds Harvey of the FBI rule requiring FBI personnel to report any known contacts between former FBI employees and criminal elements and that Papich would have to report to Hoover that Harvey had been seen with Rosselli. Hoover and the Justice Dept. liaison Courtney Evans were given detailed reports on the contact. (Mahoney p 286, note 97, p 412)

f. Note: RFK has formed close ties to several Cuban exiles: Roberto San Roman, Enrique Ruiz-Williams, and in '63, Manuel Artime. RFK 's "interference" led to arguments with Harvey (who routinely refers to the AG as "that xxxxer)." By this time Miami is no longer controlled by Washington. Besides Rosselli's kill team, Operation 40, a ZR/RIFLE unit created prior to the Bay of Pigs, brought together Cuban mob henchmen like Eladio del Valle and Rolando Masferrer, soldiers of fortune like Frank Sturgis, and CIA case officers like Col. William Bishop and David Morales, who managed assassins. (Mahoney p 174-175;HSCA staff reports)

Jun 27, 63 - Harvey, winding up his headquarters responsibilities in preparation for assignment in Rome, writes a memo stating that the original justification for employing QJWIN (asset developed for original ZR/RIFLE projects.) no longer existed and raised the question of QJWIN 's termination. He is not terminated until Feb 14, 1964.

For the most reliable and current information on William Harvey, I recommend the reader pair this memo with Noel Twyman's book Bloody Treason, specifically the chapter "The Cuban Obsession" and Larry Hancock's book, "Someone Would Have Talked." (new update coming in Spring 06)

Hope this helps,

Debra

Previous post by:

Advanced Member

In reference to an invitation" Rosellie aka Col. John A Ralston JM/Wave...... Log at Zenith Tech gate sign in sheet June of 62 Spelled as " Col Rawlston"

note: " Wild Bill" Harvey as well as "Wild Bill" Donovan, Toney Bender (Doller) John Martino, Tracer Barnes were all contack operatives. Some were also my case officers at different times before and after the Cuban Project and Operation 40 and the formation of "Task Force W Section C-7 aka OMC-235 file locator Tab-B&D.(classified) John Rosellie was flown into Cuba the first time by Plumlee in October of 1961 to make contack with the old M-26-7 underground (DF) (phon. spelling, " ? Barquien" and Justo Carrellio phon? and ?Chromon "phon. that was supported by the CIA in the 1956-57 gun running days which were in support of the Castro rebels who were operating in the Mountains of southern Cuba... Fidel was in the south... Raul Castro was in the north.. timeframe 1956-58.

Members of the old Cuban Underground were to set up a shooter, in October of 61, but the deal was shutdown by the CIA in April 62 when the "shooter" was found to be a Castro Agent. ( ref; background info; The Humboldt Apartment complex and the Presidental Palace Havana attack of 1957 the M-26-7, where Joe Westbrook Rosales a CIA paid operative contract employee was killed, because of an " Castro informant" along with many others by Batista's SS.

)Later June of 1963 our team TFW-C-11b went into Cuba to try and find "Eddie Bayo" who was suppose to be in prison. Rosillie was now working with Harvey and others in the infamous ZR/Rifle on the assassination of Fidel Castro.

If we do have debates I would be happy to go into detail on the dates, time and reasons of these operations and how they were set in motion and by whom and why. Also "How the "cut outs" were put in place for security of the operatives involved, inside Cuba and in southern Florida.

This information first was given to investigators of the "Warren Commision in 1964 and later to Waren Hinckle and Bill Turner "Fish are Red" Deadly Secrets", by Plumlee. It has been twisted over the years to fit into "disinformation" most of the details are still classified and parts can be found in the Senator Kerry investigations of 1987-91 )Iran/Contra resupply Network.., ref; John Winner and Dick Mc Call Staff investigators for Senator John Kerry, as well as Senator Gary Hart, 1983-84.

Also on file are the results of a polygraph exam conducted on August 2 1991 by the "Department of Justice", FBI results "No Deception found" part one.. Inconclusive Part Two, classified Top Secret Committee Sensitive" August 7, 1991.

Another early Polygraph conducted in 1964 at the Colorado State Reformatory by the Denver FBI SAC Scott Warner, concerning Cuban Operations. Results "No Deception" was reported as stated in a FBI 302 file in FBI OO Denver Colorado and Pheonix Arizona , as well as the Phoenix Organized Crime Detail, The FBI 105 file states the original "302 File has been destoroyed" These polygraphs paved the way for the testimony to various committees. AND to this day most of this information is still CLASSIFIED ....".

-----------------------------------

Jesus H. Christ -- Is there NO end to this snitch's lying through his "Tooshy Toofies ??!!

Here is one of a few hundred tourists and snitches who got their picture taken alongside Nazario Sargent at the Miami Alpha-66 headquarters -- and tries to parlay that into being one of the "big-time" anti-Castro phonies. My biggest beef with Andres was that during 1970 he got his best crew sent into Cuba to die !! My last photo with him was at the "Congreso de Campesinos" which we held at "El Nicho, Sierra del Escambray, August, 1959; where we shared a slab of beef I cut off of a hanging carcass with my Marine "K-Bar Knife" !!

".....And we didn't even know you were around.."!! Because you weren't "even" around !! We had tabs on ALL of the U.S. and DGI/DSE "Snitches" -- and your name [or a/k/a/ doesn't appear !!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, let us take a look at these "El Snitcho" droolings:

Previous post by:

First off, ROSSELLI never used the alias of any John A. Ralston, and most certainly wouldn't have pissed-off the "real" Field Grade Officers in and out of South Florida. Secondly, Rosselli never once set foot inside of any one of the JM/WAVE safe-houses, proprietaries, docks, much less the "Zenith Tech. Base HQ" !!

There was no "Log", and NO gate, and NO guard at JM/WAVE. Inside one of the former barracks on the old N.A.F. (LTA) Richmond "Blimp-Base" was used as a "reception area" for University of Miami VIP visitors -- who were few and far between, and mostly came by with the State Fire Marshal to make sure the "Corporation" was adhering to the "Fire Code".

The late Sheriff Tom Kelly [brigadier General, Fla. Army Nat'l Guard] provided half a dozen off-duty deputies (in plain clothes) so that if there were any real security problems (intruders, tourists, etc.) there would be somebody with lawful arrest powers. [This was "County" territory/jurisdiction; not City of Miami !!]

During 1964, my SF/ODA & a "B" Team element (Green Berets) regularly used the pistol ranges, and practiced snoopin' & poopin' attempts to penetrate the two large "Butler Buildings" [surrounded by chain link fencing] where the JM/WAVE dudes had moved all of their communications, weapons, ammo, and miscellaneous ordnance devices and other equipment. The off-duty deputies patrolled the perimeter "outside-of-the-wire" in pickup trucks, as they were never permitted inside.

I gave Gordon Winslow one of our JM/WAVE maps (w/overlays) which we used on those "drills". It still had the grease-pencil lines & arrows on it. He added it to his "Richmond Blimp Base" collection, and still has it.

--------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------

"Numba One", nobody in their right mind would have ever called Harvey "Wild Bill". That "bug-eyed dude was just a little sensitive about "nick-names" -- and moreover, in "The Company" -- there was only ONE "Wild Bill" !!

And whatever Gerhard Droller was, neither he, Barnes, nor Martino -- were ever "Case Officers"; and I don't know what the hell a "contack operative" is; as it doesn't even exist in tradecraft parlance !!

More BULLxxxx" !! How the hell would you ever know about some such "Task Force W Section C-7 aka OMC-235....la, la, la, horse-xxxx ["classified??"]!! Only the crypto cable clerks knew the designations of operational entities, and most of the "real" Case Officers" not only didn't know their own personal cryptonyms, but NEVER were permitted to know any project or individual cryptonyms.

Only HQ and the clerks knew those, and they were strictly compartmented to knowing even a limited number of those.

"....phonetic spelling my sore ass -- Col. Ramon Barquin defected from Spain during 1960, and was kept in Luquillo Beach, Puerto Rico from then on. His very limited "operational capacity" was in assisting in the setting up of "Alfa-66" during late 1962.

Comandante Justo Carrillo spent his time politicking with the "Monte Cristi" movement people, and rarely even visited their Dominican Republic training base during 1963.

"...Chromon"?? What a dumb-xxxx. Faure Chaumon (M-26-7 underground & electrical workers union prez "CTC") remained semi-loyal to Fidel; but it was his #2, Rogelio "Eugenio" Cisneros who joined with Manolo Ray to create J.U.R.E. during early 1963. Moreover, Chaumon operated in Habana province, and never in Oriente. The CIA supply line from GITMO went to Cmdte. Felix Pena [Column #19, Rebel Army] and usually via Aton Constanzo Palau (my old buddy who was mentioned with me by asshole Dorschner [Mia/Herald "Tropic-Mag"] during 1977)

"....Members of the old Cuban Underground were to set up a shooter, in October of 61, but the deal was shutdown by the CIA in April 62 when the "shooter" was found to be a Castro Agent. ( ref; background info; The Humboldt Apartment complex and the Presidental Palace Havana attack of 1957 the M-26-7, where Joe Westbrook Rosales a CIA paid operative contract employee was killed, because of an " Castro informant" along with many others by Batista's SS.

Even more snitch stupidity !! The March 13th, 1957 attack on the Presidential Palace was orchestrated by the "D.R." [Directorio Revolucionario] a Habana University based group which used the F.E.U. as 'cover". After the attack, Echevarria, Westbrook, et al. -- fled to their safe-house a #21 Calle Humboldt,

but they were snitched out and quickly murdered by the S.I.M. !! When Rolando Cubela, et al. went to the Sancti Spiritu mountains [next to the Sierra del Escambray] they renamed their guerrilla column as "M-13ce de Marzo"; and even after the arrival of Che in Santa Clara, they never joined under the banner of the "M-26 de Julio" !!

"....CIA paid operative contract employee.." MY aching ass. CIA had no operations on the ground during Dec. 1956 thru December 1958, the only operators were FBI agents who worked under commercial and "Agri" cover. CIA Officers like Jim Noel's Habana Station pogues hid out in the US Embassy whilst Phillips, Anderson, et al. did the grunt work in the streets. Cruziero & Wiecha [santiago CIA Base] did actually hit the road a few times, but rarely -- and always making sure that the "Bureau Pogues" never noticed them.

Try to remember this Numbxxxx !! Nobody was ever called "Eddie Bayo" !! Eduardo Perez (War Name "Bayo"] was rarely called "Eddy" (with a "Y", because "ie" would end up sounding like "Edd-EE-AY"); and even his chubby old lady called him "Bayo" !!

"...our team TFW-C-11b.." Give me a f..king break xxxxhead !! Yeah, I once had an "11B" SF M.O.S. one-upon-a-time, and I bet you don't even know what that means ?? And the very next chance you get, give us some more Star Wars R2D2, 3CPO horsexxxx designations, Huh ??!! There was no CIA, JM/WAVE, TFW, YWCA, Girl Scouts, or anybody else looking for "Bayo's Team"; that is save for my guys, and financed by Bill Pawley. And "Bayo", et al. NEVER made it to any prison. We know where, when, and finally WHY they were executed -- and we know were they were buried too.

Bill Turner is most likely much too polite to comment upon ANY bullxxxx you might have thrown his way !! "...details are still classified.." My ass. How the hell would a snitch know what remains classified ?? Especially one who has NEVER logged into the N.A.R.A, College Park Campus. I bet you don't even know what that place IS ??!! "..Sen. Kerry & Sen. Hart..??"!! Now, there's a pair that would without a doubt "Test-Lie" to any dumbass story you could "come-down" with !!

Another early Polygraph conducted in 1964 at the Colorado State Reformatory by the Denver FBI SAC Scott Warner, concerning Cuban Operations. Results "No Deception" was reported as stated in a FBI 302 file in FBI OO Denver Colorado and Pheonix Arizona , as well as the Phoenix Organized Crime Detail, The FBI 105 file states the original "302 File has been destoroyed" These polygraphs paved the way for the testimony to various committees. AND to this day most of this information is still CLASSIFIED ...."

The D.O.J. doesn't do Polygraphs, they have an outfit sometimes called "The Bureau" which takes care of those things. And moreover, it isn't "A POLYGRAPH" (Examination) -- it is multiple, the protocol is a minimum of 4 examinations. And since neither the FBI nor the DOJ "Clears" anybody; how the hell would you even know the results of said "tests?" !! And it is "..still CLASSIFIED..."!! Once again "Secret-Agent-Man-Snitch -- how the hell would you know, by ESP -- or UFO messages to the Chip implanted in your ass !!

Boy I am sure glad this xxxxhead is back, I'm kinda tired of picking on "Sister Canuck Sweets" -- The Village Idiot, and her "3-Stooges punky-rocky-groupy".

Chairs,

GPH

--------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------

from Conway:

end Conway quote

another post:

Great thread !

quote from Tim:

...". end quote from Tim

Advanced Member

Great input Tosh.

Chris

In Reply to Christy's earlier post:

from tosh

Tosh

Here are a few more postings from Oct 2004 that should be of interest concerning Murphy and Paisley:

from tosh:

1) Does anyone have any information on Galandez and the Domenican Republic around 1957?

from James:

Tosh,

Cheers,

James

--------------------

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar, and often convincing. - Oscar Wilde

Full Edit

Quick Edit

William Plumlee Oct 29 2004, 06:20 PM Post #4

Advanced Member

Tosh,

Cheers,

James

--------------------

Full Edit

Quick Edit William Plumlee Oct 29 2004, 06:30 PM Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE(William Plumlee @ Oct 30 2004, 02:20 AM)

from tosh:

Yes James. Thanks. Same Murphy.., same house. Lester and I used to fly together. We both flew Rosellie and others at different times. (mid to late fifties) Steve Guthrie owned the D-18 (? N6800 ?) that we used to fly. It was registered to 'Atlantic Richfield', I think and later to "Inter-Mountain Aviation'. (60's) For awhile it was based at Miami and Lantana, West Palm Beach. (1962-63) Was Murphy ever found? What happened to Galandez (Galindez)? I'll study the numbers and if I can help, I'll get back to you.... This is still real touchie stuff. Still to some degree "Classified". Anything on 'Inter-Mountain or Mid States Aviation?

Thanks James This information helps a lot. tosh

P--------------------

Full Edit

Quick Edit James Richards Oct 29 2004, 06:42 PM Post #6

Member No.: 624

P.S to above post..

Interesting note book. To some degree I am familiar with some of the notes. IF my memory serves me right there is information and contacts for the guns and ammo which were being moved around at that time. There are a few CIA cut-outs in those notes... Do you have the note book, because if you do then you will find Rosellies code name under 'R' and "S' ROSS and Soroco ( ?) Coral Gabels Florida S/W 9th Ter. Also I think John Paisely or his look alike worked as a case officer with operatives in Dominican Republic.. This is all memory... I'll geet back to you on this after I prod along... again thanks a lot.. Tosh (Tosh Plumlee)

from Jim

Hi Tosh,

I don't have the note book and more than happy not to.

Interesting sidebar on Dominican Republic dictator Trujillo. Seems he recruited Herminio Diaz Garcia to whack Jose Figueres. Small world.

That aside, you may wish to check out this piece below. It gives some good information on what happened to Galindez and Murphy.

James

NEWS & COLUMNS

By William Bryk

The Galindez Case

On March 12, 1956, Jesus de Galindez, a lecturer in Spanish and government at Columbia University, conducted a graduate seminar in Hamilton Hall on Latin American government. At 10 p.m., he entered the subway at 57th St. and 8th Ave. He was never seen or heard from again. n As Galindez was a bachelor of irregular habits, his disappearance went unnoticed for several days. The police found his apartment in order. Investigators found neither evidence of violence nor any decisive clues. However, hints and leads abounded. Most pointed toward the Dominican Republic, where Galindez had lived from 1939 to 1946 and which Rafael Trujillo had ruled since 1930. Galindez’s friends knew, and a note among his possessions confirmed, that he had feared violence from Dominican sources.

On Dec. 4, 1956, some nine months later, a Ford belonging to Gerald Murphy, an American citizen from Oregon, was found abandoned by the sea in Ciudad Trujillo, the Dominican capital. Murphy, a pilot for CDA, the Dominican national airline, was never seen again. However, Murphy had confided to his fiancee, a Pan American Airways stewardess, about his experiences in Dominican service. She in turn told his parents, who harassed Murphy’s congressional representatives, Sen. Wayne Morse and Rep. Charles O. Porter. The politicians persistently lobbied the Justice and State Depts. to find out what had happened. The bureaucrats, in turn, pestered the Dominican government. In late December 1956, the Dominican government arrested and charged Octavio de la Maza, another CDA pilot, with Murphy’s murder. Apparently, de la Maza was advised to admit the murder while pleading self-defense. The story suggested to de la Maza was that Murphy had propositioned him during a drive. De la Maza had rejected him with horror and disgust. The men had brawled and Murphy had accidentally fallen from the cliffs where the Ford had been found. The catch was that de la Maza was unwilling to go along with the story.

Then, during the early morning of Jan. 7, 1957, de la Maza was found hanging from the showerhead in his cell. A nearby note, claiming that he had committed suicide in a fit of remorse, conveniently explained everything.

No one believed this. The American pressure became overwhelming. FBI agents were allowed to investigate de la Maza’s death. They found he had been too tall to hang himself from the showerhead. Moreover, the showerhead was too flimsy to have borne his weight long enough to permit his death by strangulation. Last, the handwriting in the note was a forgery.

All these cases were intertwined by the hands of Trujillo.

After Gen. Franco’s victory in the Spanish Civil War, Galindez had exiled himself to Ciudad Trujillo, where he taught and provided legal advice to the departments of National Economy and of Labor. He was pleasant, charming, bookish, scholarly and something of a poet. Nonetheless, he held strong radical and democratic opinions, however politely expressed, and thus found trouble in Ciudad Trujillo.

Christopher Columbus had originally named the city Santo Domingo. However, the Dominican Congress had recently renamed it for the dictator. Rafael Trujillo had begun his career as a petty criminal and hellraiser. In 1916, President Wilson had sent the U.S. Marines to occupy the Dominican Republic after decades of political instability. The next year, the Marines created a Dominican national police force. Trujillo volunteered. Within months, the intelligent, charming recruit had become an officer. The Marines found him useful: aside from being an instinctively good soldier, he proved an amazingly resourceful pimp. By 1924, he was a major.

Then the Marines went home, leaving the newly minted Colonel Trujillo as chief of staff. By 1930, the National Guard had become the Army, with Trujillo its commanding general. Trujillo manipulated a coup d’etat that ended with elections that he won through terror and ballot box stuffing.

Trujillo ruled for the next 31 years. He built highways, low-income housing, hospitals and schools, balanced the budget, repaid the entire national debt and put the Dominican peso at par with the American dollar. The price was a totalitarian state. His spies and informers were everywhere. No man and no man’s family was exempt from the regime: the dictator’s arrest orders for political crimes usually named a suspect "and family," requiring the arrest of him and his relatives up to and including first cousins. Oppositionists were tortured in prison with beatings; they were whipped, stabbed or shocked in electric chairs; cattle prods were applied to their genitals; some were castrated.

Trujillo demanded abject public adulation. The country’s highest mountain peak would bear his name. Robert D. Crassweller, in Trujillo: The Life and Times of a Caribbean Dictator, observed, "The anniversaries of Trujillo’s election in 1930, of his inauguration, of his redemption of the national debt, of his birthday, and of his entry into the army, were all days of nationwide demonstrations and celebration." Provinces, cities and streets throughout the Republic were renamed for him and for members of his family.

His image, in plaques, busts, statues and portraits, was everywhere. His sycophants devised such honorifics as Generalissmo, Doctor, Benefactor of the Fatherland, Father of the New Fatherland, Loyal and Noble Champion of World Peace, or Maximum Protector of the Dominican Working Class. He was declared by law an authority on all subjects. The walls of even the humblest shack bore framed cards reading, "Thanks to God and Trujillo" or "In this house, Trujillo is the Chief."

Through his family and cronies, he monopolized or dominated the production of salt, peanut oil, shoes, matches, cement, soap, paint, glass, beer, meat, chocolate, cigarettes and flour. Through his brothers, he controlled gambling and prostitution. His personal life was tangled by compulsive lust: he had three wives, two mistresses and hundreds, perhaps thousands, of one-night stands. He was cunning and ruthless: not so much sadistic as unrestrained by conscience in working out his ideas to their logical conclusions.

In 1946, Galindez left for New York. He taught at Columbia. He also advised clients on matters of Dominican law, wrote articles and became active in various Spanish and Basque exile groups. His obsession with Trujillo’s character and career led him to write his doctoral dissertation on "The Era of Trujillo." It is a rigorously thorough, unprejudiced study of the dictatorship that discusses Trujillo’s accomplishments as well as his abuse of power and reliance on terror.

Somehow, a Dominican consular officer in New York learned about the dissertation. Common sense dictates that no one pays attention to any doctoral dissertation save one’s own. Nonetheless, the officer wrote to Trujillo, suggesting that it would attack Trujillo’s family as well as the Generalissmo himself and that Galindez’s connection with Columbia would lend his work tremendous prestige. The dictator fell for it. By 1956, according to Crassweller, "Vanity and the need for adulation had ascended from obsession into monomania and now hovered on the fine edge of imbalance."

Dominican agents offered Galindez $25,000 for the dissertation. Galindez refused. Then, Trujillo learned that Galindez would present his dissertation before the faculty committee of Columbia’s history department on Feb. 27, 1956: Dominican Independence Day. The dictator considered this a supreme personal insult. Galindez would have to be killed.

His operatives schemed. They needed a pilot, preferably an American, who might operate in the United States without attracting much attention. Through his agents in America, Gen. Arturo Espaillat, the gracious, engaging and utterly lethal chief of Dominican military intelligence, found Murphy, whose single-minded ambition to fly had so far been thwarted by bad eyesight.

In early 1956, Murphy was offered a contract to fly a charter from the United States to the Dominican Republic. On March 12, 1956, Murphy landed a twin-engine Beech airplane at Amityville, L.I. Late that night, an ambulance pulled up. A man on a stretcher was carried from the truck to the plane. Only Murphy and the night watchman saw the ambulance arrive. The night watchman told at least two other people before his sudden death from a convenient heart attack.

The plane flew to West Palm Beach, FL. There, a mechanic entered the cabin to fill extra fuel tanks. He saw a body lying on a stretcher, either dead or unconscious, and smelled a peculiar odor that he thought might have been a drug. The mechanic died in an airplane crash six days before he was to testify under oath about what he had seen. The plane then flew to Monte Cristi in the Dominican Republic. According to Bernard Diederich’s The Death of the Goat, Galindez was transferred to a CDA plane and flown to Ciudad Trujillo. There, he was brought to Casa de Caoba, Trujillo’s favorite residence. He was carried into the huge barroom that occupies half of the second floor.

The dictator strode in, carrying a riding crop. In his hand was a copy of Galindez’s dissertation. He extended the hand with the document. "Eat it," Trujillo barked. Still drugged, Galindez took the papers, gazed at Trujillo and then dropped his head to his chest and the papers to the floor. Trujillo cursed at him, shouting, "Pendejo! Pendejo!" as he beat Galindez over the head with the riding crop. Then he stalked out of the room.

No more than 24 hours after his last lecture, Galindez was taken to an interrogation chamber in Ciudad Trujillo. He was stripped and handcuffed. A rope was tied to his feet and led through an overhead pulley. Then he was lowered inch by inch into a vat of boiling water. Then the remains were thrown to the sharks. Murphy carried out several other errands for Trujillo. In December 1956, he arranged to return to the United States. He met his girlfriend at the airport, where she was on a brief stopover. He told her that he had a 5 p.m. appointment at the National Palace. The next day his car was found.

Galindez’s disappearance has never been completely solved. Neither was Murphy’s. De la Maza’s brothers conspired against the dictator. Trujillo was assassinated on the evening of May 30, 1961. Antonio de la Maza was one of the gunmen. He stood over the dictator’s body, took Trujillo’s pistol from his hand, murmured, "This hawk won’t kill any more chickens," aimed at the face and squeezed the trigger.

thanks James for the update Tosh

-----------------------------------

I'll make this short and "Sweet" El Snitcho !!

When Somoza senior was assassinated during 1956 [by Union Corse shooters, not a punk student !!); Robert Emmett Johnson went to work for Trujillo under Espaillat. And one of his earliest "tasks" was to accompany Arturo to Montreal, where they picked up a 2,200 mile range Lockheed "Lodestar" [which had been "Exec'd" and used by Howie Hughes guys]. They picked up Galindez, and flew direct/non-stop to South Caicos Airport [Turks & Caicos "Brit" colony then]. At the Green Turtle Inn, they radio'd to Johnny Abbes Garcia; and clueing via said message that they would land at the Puerto Plata Airport on the DomRep north coast.

Galindez and his "medics" DROVE him to the "Generalsisimo's estate outside Ciudad Trujillo. and that is where he got the "Hot-Seat" treatment. Garcia personally took-out Murphy after he sniveled and whined for more money. Johnny Abbes walked away with ALL of the money after "gutting him" !!

As for Bill Harvey's April meeting on Miami Beach, the two "guests" were Sam Benton and RICHARD BILLINGS !! When we went by the Plantation Key site the second time [checking out why xxxxhead Loran Hall, et al. were on No Name Key without either the lady's or Rolando's permission] -- we once again stopped by Plantation. And Lo-and-Behold, there was "Bug-Eyed Bill" Harvey again.

This time they had our old [sam Benton "stolen"] Chris-Craft "The Outlaw II"; which we hadn't seen since June 1962. Dave Sanchez was there, and Hargraves wanted to "take-him-out-on-the-spot" -- but Billings intervened. I asked Billings what the f..k were they doing with this piece-of-xxxx boat ?? He mumbled something about Bayo, and we being late for lunch in Marathon -- hit the road.

Rooms at hotels like the Fontainbleu, Blue Moon, etc. were always rented by a cover officer [using a project "Alias", and was always a dude from the "00" (D.C.S.), under Justin J. Gleichauf -- NOT JM/WAVE pogues !! An address is provided should a "hostile" make inquiries. [Like one of "Queen" Hoover's little sisters].

Later, and Chairs to "El Snitcho".

GPH

Thank you GPH for your very professional Documentation:

"Boy I am sure glad this xxxxhead is back, I'm kinda tired of picking on "Sister Canuck Sweets" -- The Village Idiot, and her "3-Stooges punky-rocky-groupy".

"..coward-ass bastards had the D.C....".

"....NOT that other assholes came out of the blue [or some anal orifice] to suck me into this mess...".

"... And who the hell really gives a xxxx ??!!...".

"... Jesus H. Christ -- Is there NO end to this snitch lying ]through his "Tooshy Toofies ??!!

Again we Thank You, Mr Hemming, for your invaluable information and input. It is of great help and takes us into new areas of research toward a conclution of this complicated case of which only you seem to have all the answers about everything.

########

iii) Wherever possible, members should give references (books, documents, etc) concerning the comments that they make. This will help those carrying out academic research into this area.

(iv) Members should not make personal attacks on other members. Nor should references be made to their abilities as researchers. Most importantly, the motivations of the poster should not be questioned. At all times members should concentrate on what is being said, rather than who is saying it. It is up to the reader to look at the biography submitted by the poster, to judge whether they are telling the truth or not. The word “xxxx” is banned from use on the forum.

• 9 months later...

In David C. Martin's article, The CIA's Loaded Gun, he claims that William Harvey was someone who kept all his CIA secrets.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=8048

That is true, however, this extract comes from MI5's Peter Wright's book Spycatcher. After a long court battle it was eventually published in 1987:

Harvey listened to my Cyprus experiences, he was struck by the parallel between the two problems: both small islands with a guerrilla force led by a charismatic leader. He was particularly struck by my view that without Grivas, EOKA would have collapsed.

"What would the Brits do in Cuba?" he asked.

I was a shade anxious about being drawn into the Cuban business. Hollis and I had discussed it before I came to Washington, and he made no secret of his view that the CIA were blundering in the Caribbean. It was a subject, he felt, to steer clear of if at all possible. I was worried that if I made suggestions to Angleton and Harvey, I would soon find them being quoted around Washington by the CIA as the considered British view of things. It would not take long for word of that to filter back to Leconfield House, so I made it clear to them that I was talking off the record.

I said that we would try to develop whatever assets we had down there-alternative political leaders, that kind of thing.

"We've done all that," said Harvey impatiently, "but they're all in Florida. Since the Bay of Pigs, we've lost virtually everything we had inside . . ."

Harvey began to fish to see if I knew whether we had anything in the area, in view of the British colonial presence in the Caribbean.

"I doubt it," I told him, "the word in London is steer clear of Cuba. Six might have something, but you'd have to check with them." "How would you handle Castro?" asked Angleton. "We'd isolate him, turn the people against him ..."

"Would you hit him?" interrupted Harvey.

I paused to fold my napkin. Waiters glided silently from table to table. I realized now why Harvey needed to know I could be trusted.

"We'd certainly have that capability," I replied, "but I doubt we would use it nowadays."

"Why not?"

"We're not in it anymore, Bill. We got out a couple of years ago, after Suez."

At the beginning of the Suez Crisis, M16 developed a plan, through the London Station, to assassinate Nasser using nerve gas. Eden initially gave his approval to the operation, but later rescinded it when he got agreement from the French and Israelis to engage in joint military action. When this course failed, and he was forced to withdraw, Eden reactivated the assassination option a second time. By this time virtually all MI6 assets in Egypt had been rounded up by Nasser, and a new operation, using renegade Egyptian officers, was drawn up, but it failed lamentably, principally because the cache of weapons which had been hidden on the outskirts of Cairo was found to be defective.

"Were you involved?" Harvey asked.

"Only peripherally," I answered truthfully, "on the technical side."

I explained that I was consulted about the plan by John Henry and Peter Dixon, the two M16 Technical Services officers from the London Station responsible for drawing it up. Dixon, Henry, and I all attended joint M15/MI6 meetings to discuss technical research for the intelligence services at Porton Down, the government's chemical and biological Weapons Research Establishment. The whole area of chemical research was an active field in the 1950s. I was cooperating with M16 in a joint program to investigate how far the hallucinatory drug lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD) could be used in interrogations, and extensive trials took place at Porton. I even volunteered as guinea pig on one occasion. Both M15 and M16 also wanted to know a lot more about the advanced poisons then being developed at Porton, though for different reasons. I wanted the antidotes, in case the Russians used a poison on a defector in Britain, while M16 wanted to use the poisons for operations abroad.

Henry and Dixon both discussed with me the use of poisons against Nasser, and asked my advice. Nerve gas obviously presented the best possibility, since it was easily administered. They told me that the London Station had an agent in Egypt with limited access to one of Nasser's headquarters. Their plan was to place canisters of nerve gas inside the ventilation system, but I pointed out that this would require large quantities of the gas, and would result in massive loss of life among Nasser's staff. It was the usual M16 operation-hopelessly unrealistic and it did not remotely surprise me when Henry told me later that Eden had backed away from the operation. The chances of its remaining undeniable were even slimmer than they had been with Buster Crabbe.

Harvey and Angleton questioned me closely about every part of the Suez Operation.

"We're developing a new capability in the Company to handle these kinds of problems," explained Harvey, "and we're in the market for the requisite expertise."

Whenever Harvey became serious, his voice dropped to a low monotone, and his vocabulary lapsed into the kind of strangled bureaucratic syntax beloved of Washington officials. He explained ponderously that they needed deniable personnel, and improved technical facilities-in Harvey jargon, "delivery mechanisms." They were especially interested in the SAS. Harvey knew that the SAS operated up on the Soviet border in the 1950s tracking Russian rocket signals with mobile receivers before the satellites took over, and that they were under orders not to be caught, even if this meant fighting their way out of trouble.

"They don't freelance, Bill," I told him. "You could try to pick them up retired, but you'd have to see Six about that."

Harvey looked irritated, as if I were being deliberately unhelpful. "Have you thought of approaching Stephenson?" I asked. "A lot of the old-timers say he ran this kind of thing in New York during the war. Used some Italian, apparently, when there was no other way of sorting a German shipping spy. Probably the Mafia, for all I know ..."

Angleton scribbled in his notebook, and looked up impassively. "The French!" I said brightly. "Have you tried them? It's more their type of thing, you know, Algiers, and so on."

Another scribble in the notebook.

"What about technically - did you have any special equipment?" asked Harvey.

I told him that after the gas canisters plan fell through, M16 looked at some new weapons. On one occasion I went down to Porton to see a demonstration of a cigarette packet which had been modified by the Explosives Research and Development Establishment to fire a dart tipped with poison.

• 2 months later...

There is a new biography of William Harvey by Bayard Stockton (Flawed Patriot: The Rise and Fall of CIA Legend Bill Harvey). Yesterday, CIA asset Don Bohning (AMCARBON-3) wrote a review for the Miami Herald:

It's hard to imagine even John le Carré or Eric Ambler, those masters of the espionage thriller, dreaming up a fictional character to match Bill Harvey, a real life, gun-toting, heavy drinking, onetime FBI agent turned Central Intelligence Agency operative. Nor could they have conjured up a better story line than Harvey's career in the CIA, where he oversaw construction of the Berlin Tunnel that monitored Soviet communications, exposed Kim Philby as a Moscow spy and directed ZRRifle, the CIA's political assassination program, euphemistically known as "executive action.''

There is no evidence that anyone was ever assassinated under the program, although Fidel Castro was among its prime targets. Harvey also headed Task Force W, the CIA's component of Operation Mongoose, Jack and Bobby Kennedy's post-Bay of Pigs program to unseat Castro.

Bayard Stockton's fascinating biography offers intrigue for a wide range of espionage and conspiracy buffs. A former CIA operative, he worked in Berlin under Harvey in the 1950s, before becoming Newsweek bureau chief in Bonn, then London and, eventually, a freelance foreign correspondent in Greece and the Middle East. He died in California last July after completing final revisions to the manuscript.

While the tale of the Berlin Tunnel is mesmerizing, South Floridians are likely to be most interested in the several chapters on Cuba, although they are among the weakest portions of the book, apparently because of the author's unfamiliarity with the subject. Still, there is far more to commend than criticize in this riveting account.

One of the more intriguing chapters recounts the 15-year relationship and friendship between Harvey and Johnny Rosselli, a mob figure recruited for two unsuccessful CIA assassination attempts against Castro. ''The intangible that brought the two closest together,'' writes Stockton, 'was their shared intense dislike of Bobby Kennedy. Bobby had betrayed the [Kennedy] family's debt to the Mafia in particularly vicious ways. Harvey, for his part, was appalled by the Kennedys' wholly unprofessional need to make Cuba a matter of personal revenge, regardless of the cost.''

Stockton notes that the Harvey-Rosselli relationship fueled speculation ''that Harvey was somehow involved in the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.'' As with so many books written about that period, Flawed Patriot will provide additional fodder for the conspiracy crowd but certainly won't satisfy them. Stockton concludes that even after more than four decades "it must be said that as yet no convincing evidence suggests that the assassination was anything more sinister than what it appears to have been - a one-man hit on the president of the United States.''

Harvey, an Indiana-born iconoclast, never quite fit in with the Ivy Leaguers and other Northeasterners who dominated the early days of the CIA. With his penchant for martinis and firearms, his eventual downfall was inevitable. It came during the October 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis in a heated dispute with Bobby Kennedy over Harvey's dispatch of Cuban exile infiltration teams into Cuba. Harvey was subsequently exiled to Rome as CIA station chief, where his drinking problem worsened and forced his retirement, returning home to Indiana where he died in June 1976.

''Harvey's story sounds incongruous when stacked against the political figures who are identified with the latter-day CIA and also incongruous when America's enemies today are elusive members of cultures far different from the northern Europeans we faced in Bill's day,'' Stockton concludes. Harvey "was always a nonconformist to the max, and he paid for his noncomformity, but not until he had taught a lot of people a lot of things, some of which, it is alleged, are still being taught in obscure places.''

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/enter...ks/16147268.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Harvey took great care not to have his photograph taken. (John Simkin)

For those who collect photographs, I meant to post this one some time back but it got lost in the shuffle. :rolleyes:

Harvey on the left and Allen Dulles on the right.

James

Edited by James Richards

A few years ago Gus Russo told me he knew a fellow that was writing a biography of Harvey and that Harvey's wife was assisting him. I later heard he couldn't get a publisher. If anyone knows the writer's name, I'd like to contact him and see if he has material he would share with us. Russo also had Harvey's personal copy of the Church committee Vol 5 with Harvey's marginalia. He published a few pages in his book (stacked on top of each other) and sent me copies of the complete pages. I'll see where I've filed them and post them here if you folks are interested.

I assume this was Bayard Stockton (Flawed Patriot: The Rise and Fall of CIA Legend Bill Harvey).

• 1 year later...

Fragment from Spooks, Hoods & The Hidden Elite:

VO: Even while working for the CIA, Chauncey continued to work for Organized Crime.

I always kept in touch. If Meyer Lansky or any of his group wanted something of me, they certaindly did not hesitate to ask.

The CIA meets the mob

Operation Mongoose was a ill conceived operation, an operation between

organized crime and the CIA to actually simply kill Castro, and they had

some various memo's, as a matter of fact I have a few memo's how I ended

up, how they were talking about what they were going to do and so forth...

VO: Here are some of the memo's Chauncey refers to (picture of memo's).

These men participated in a meeting held at a small airport between Palm

Springs and Indio California, the name: Bermuda Dunes.

That meeting......Peter Licavoli and I flew in from Arizona. Sam

Giancana and Johnny Roselli came in from Chicago (pictures of Giancana and

Roselli). William King Harvey came in from Langley. William King Harvey was a

legend in the CIA. He was the only member, he was the only CIA-member

there, but of course he was the one that was laying out the plans.

VO: Who was William King Harvey? (picture of William King Harvey)

Chauncey was well aware of his involvement in other CIA operations.

William King Harvey was the head of Taskforce W. That has been

renamed, originally, that was a part of ZR/Rifle, an Operation called ZR/Rifle, ZR/Rifle was nothing more than an assasination group, that went around the world assasinating people, and

Harvey happened to be the head of ZR-Rifle.

VO: On December 14th 1961 top echelon leaders of the CIA and the mafia

met at Bermuda Dunes airport in Palm Springs to discuss groundrules for

operation Mongoose (picture memo's). Chaunceys memo's of that meeting

show an executive action was planned, executive action means

assasination. The target: The Beard, Castro. The ground rules: CIA only,

maximum security, non attributability, plausible denial, need to know

basis. Harvey set the tone of the meeting at the Bermuda Dunes airport.

They were going to eliminate the Beard and how was going to be done and

just starting as to what personel they were going to hire.

First of all they were trying to decide what cryptonym they were

going to use, because they had decided that they would assign a cryptonym

to end up in the official CIA-files. AM, normally, operations involving Cuba had an AM-start to their cryptonym. So well, we don't wanna use AM, all we anted to do is to start looking down the vest, and MO was some cryptonym for some secure place way out in the Pacific somewhere. So everyone says: Hey, why don't we use the MO and so I said “Well, what (word) is going to go with, what goes with MO, so that it flows, you know? And somebody said: Hey, how about Mongoose? You know, the Mongoose never looses, you know, so that's a good one, you know? So everybody said, everybody agreed: Hey, we call it Operation Mongoose.

VO: (picture of William King Harvey) It is also decided any further

discussions about operation Mongoose would be face to face, nothing in

writing. The CIA's William King Harvey was clearly in charge.

It was a very short meeting because of the fact that, 20 minutes to an hour, it didn't take very long, I mean, he layed it out in precise terms, but these these guys wanted to get out, you know, and take off and uh.....guys like Giancana and Roselli, they were reluctant to get together, and Licavoli too, these high-ranking mobsters

don't like to meet with each other and they rarely do that, so we kept it

short and sweet and that was it.

VO: (picture of CIA-memo) an August 14th 1962 inter office CIA-memo from

William King Harvey to the Director of Clandestine Operations says in part:

Our contract agents in Miami and in Los Angeles have been assured by me

that no reference to this operation appears in our central files.