The Education Forum

JFK Project

John Simkin

As a result of the work I have been doing on the JFK assassination I have been invited to join a private forum of academics researching the case. I have been pleased with the level of generosity that these people have shown in sharing their knowledge about this complex subject. I am thinking of asking a small number of them to appear live on the International Education Forum where they would answer questions from teachers and students about the JFK assassination. Sort of Question Time type programme. Would any members and their students like to get involved in this? Maybe members could ask the questions for their students (solve the problem of student registration).

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKindex.htm

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showforum=126

Maybe members could ask the questions for their students (solve the problem of student registration).

I am very interested in this.

It would be a shame if students could not be involved directly and I am certainly prepared to take care of the administration and registration if this is the only problem.

If you remember last weekend in sunny Limoges (;)) we were talking about setting up a dedicated student discussion forum. This would be a wonderful vehicle to launch such a project. Do be careful with the timing though. Schools across Europe will be breaking up for Easter very soon.

Maybe members could ask the questions for their students (solve the problem of student registration).

I am very interested in this.

It would be a shame if students could not be involved directly and I am certainly prepared to take care of the administration and registration if this is the only problem.

If you remember last weekend in sunny Limoges (;)) we were talking about setting up a dedicated student discussion forum. This would be a wonderful vehicle to launch such a project. Do be careful with the timing though. Schools across Europe will be breaking up for Easter very soon.

Let me know chaps when you want to launch the student forum as it will take a few hours to set up ;)

Let me know chaps when you want to launch the student forum as it will take a few hours to set up :angry:

I am going to let Spring Europe role for another week and I'll launch one final topis to keep the senior students busy over Easter.

It would be good to start a new student forum after Easter. This should give Andy the few hours over the holiday peiod necessary to get it set up.

If we are agreed on this, I will post details about the new proposal in the student section and in the relevant section of the main forum.

It would be good to start a new student forum after Easter. This should give Andy the few hours over the holiday peiod necessary to get it set up.

If we are agreed on this, I will post details about the new proposal in the student section and in the relevant section of the main forum.

OK. I've reserved www.studenteducationforum.ipbhost.com and I'll set it up over the Easter holidays. It will cost $10 per month so we will need to think of how we are going to fund it.

OK. I've reserved www.studenteducationforum.ipbhost.com and I'll set it up over the Easter holidays. It will cost $10 per month so we will need to think of how we are going to fund it.

Andy, couldn't you just install a forum onto your existing webspace for free? The demo version of the Invision Board is free, can be installed onto your existing site and performs all of the required functions: as would invisionfree software with the only drawback being the URL. An SQL database would perhaps cost a tenner a year, if it wasn't already included in your package. Set up is easy - even I can do it! far cheaper as an option and the domain name wouldn't need to have the .ipbhost. in it, making it easier to remember.

Registering an Invision Board forum costs $69 per annum, or you can pay a one time fee of £199 to have technical support for evermore...

Andy, couldn't you just install a forum onto your existing webspace for free? The demo version of the Invision Board is free, can be installed onto your existing site and performs all of the required functions: as would invisionfree software with the only drawback being the URL. An SQL database would perhaps cost a tenner a year, if it wasn't already included in your package. Set up is easy - even I can do it! far cheaper as an option and the domain name wouldn't need to have the .ipbhost. in it, making it easier to remember.

Registering an Invision Board forum costs $69 per annum, or you can pay a one time fee of £199 to have technical support for evermore...

The invisionfree option is one that I have looked at and rejected. Although I have a number of boards arranged under these terms for classes and year groups and have been completely satisfied with the service provided, they have been relatively small scale concerns.

Neither would I be happy with just the demo version of the Invision power board. I don't want it in my web space either, so a hosting solution which is still very cheap would seem to be the obvious solution.

1. Is it possible that the CIA have deliberately circulated conspiracy theories in order to muddy the waters surrounding the death of JFK?

2. Is it possible that the Zapruder footage may be digitally altered in the future to show JFK being blown FORWARD and to validate the LHO theory and do you think it is suspicous that the film is now owned by the government?

These questions will of course be answered in detail by the panel. There were great suspicions about the Zapruder film from the beginning. Within hours of the assassination Zapruder had sold the 26-second film for $150,000 to Time-Life magazine, which published individual frames but did not allow the film to be screened in its entirety.

The Zapruder film first appeared on national television in March, 1975. The Zapruder film showed Kennedy's violent backward and leftward movement. This convinced many that the fatal head shot come from the Grassy Knoll. Others used the film to argue that it supported the lone-gunman theory put forward by the Warren Commission.

Some writers such as Noel Twyman, David Lifton, Jack White, John Costella and David Mantik have claimed that the Zapruder Film has been tampered with. They have pointed out that the film conflicts with the large number of witnesses who claimed that the limousine stopped after the first shot had been fired. This included the two people standing closest to the limousine, Jean Hill and Mary Moorman, and the four police motorcyclist nearest Kennedy's car.

Detailed analysis of the film has revealed that the limousine displays a variety of irregular movements, including travelling only ten feet within 21 frames between Z-197 and Z-218 (this is only about one half of the expected distance).

Noel Twyman carried out detailed research into the actions of William Greer in the Zapruder film. He discovered that Greer's rapid head turns between Z302 to Z-304 and Z-315 to Z-317 appeared impossibly fast. Experiments were carried out with athletic subjects repeating Greer's actions. These showed that no one was able to reproduce this angular speed. Twyman concluded that frames of the film had been removed therefore speeding up the actions of Greer.

We hope to have two of these experts (Jack White and John Costella) to answer questions on the Zapruder Film. You can see some of their comments at:

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKzapruderF.htm

I would also suggest the book The Great Zapruder Film Hoax (edited by James H. Fetzer) that was published last year.