The Education Forum

Jim Braden

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any known connection between Brading and Rosselli?

Braden had the contact that got Nicoletti and Rosselli into the Dal-Tex building.

Mark

Gratz, and Mark,

What's with Rosselli anyway? You gotta figure him in the picture no matter what?

I know of no direct connection between Braden and Rosselli, and have no idea what Mark is talking about when he says, "Braden had the contact that got Nicoletti and Rosselli into the Dal-Tex building."

Now either Chauncey Holt drove Rosselli to Dallas from Licovelli's Grace Ranch or James Files flew Rosselli into Dallas in a plane or Rosselli, as FBI wiretaps imply, was in bed in Vegas when JFK was hit, but he didn't do all three now did he? I might even agree with "They Call Me" Gus on his one.

I do believe however, that Charles Nicoletti was possibly at Dealey Plaza, in a raincoat and SS credentials, as he strongly resemebles Lois Gibson's sketch based on descriptions of eyewitnesses.

I'd still like to know if the transcript of Jim Braden's 2 days of HSCA testimony is on line, and if anyone knows if he is still alive and where he lives today?

Bill Kelly

bkjfk3@yahoo.com

Don't forget the "Rosselli in the storm drain" story. According to Bill Bonanno in Bound by Honor: A Mafioso's Story, Rosselli (as he later told Bonanno in prison) shot JFK from the Elm Street storm drain, then made his way "like a rat through that tunnel" to the Trinity River, where the car that Giancana was supposed to have waiting for him wasn't there. Rosselli had to take the rifle with him all the way to a farm in upstate New York, where he left it.

Don't forget the "Rosselli in the storm drain" story. According to Bill Bonanno in Bound by Honor: A Mafioso's Story, Rosselli (as he later told Bonanno in prison) shot JFK from the Elm Street storm drain, then made his way "like a rat through that tunnel" to the Trinity River, where the car that Giancana was supposed to have waiting for him wasn't there. Rosselli had to take the rifle with him all the way to a farm in upstate New York, where he left it.

Hi Ron,

Yea, I forgot about that.

I never took the sewer story serious until John Judge started to, and I saw photos of what the layout looked like before they reconfigured it. A man could stand up in that sewer, and from there, a head shot was at least possible. But I can't see Braden as Sewerman or a shooter in DalTex, as he wasn't in the military or fit the pro ass profile or even a violent person, despite being associated with mobsteres. He was more of a con artist, flim flam man.

As for Sewerman Rosselli having to carry a rifle around from downtown Dallas to upstate NY, that's pretty farfetched.

Did he leave it at that Appalachin place in Upstate New York where they had that big sit down the local cops broke up?

A former neighbor of mine, Gay Talese, wrote the difinitive Bonanno story, Honor They Father, and apparently the old man Bonanno was a man of honor, who tried to retire from the business, but his home in Arizona was bombed, by the FBI.

It's hard to tell who the mob guys hate more - the FBI, the Kennedys or each other.

Bk

Edited by William Kelly

To Bill:

1) I am not certain of Rosselli's involvement in the assassination--but clearly members of the Mafia were.

2) I also tend to agree that Rosselli was in Las Vegas. That rules him out as a shooter, but not necessarily as a conspirator, as you know.

Of course, there are important conclusions that can be drawn if Rosselli was in Vegas.

If Rosselli was in Vegas, then Holt, Plumlee and Files are liars, as is Bill Bonnano. (Of course, we know the latter two are convicted felons.)

I think we can all agree that Bonnano's story seems far-fetched. The only other possibility is that Rosselli actually told him that false story (for whatever reason) and gullible Bonnano believed it. But I find that possibility hard to believe.

Bill, there are certainly indications that Rosselli may have been involved.

Bill,

Gratz's statement is too conditional for my taste. I would say, "Bill, there certainly are indications that Rosselli was involved." :ice

FWIW, Thomas

Edited by Thomas Graves

Bill, there are certainly indications that Rosselli may have been involved.

Unfortunately, there are no FACTUAL indications that Rosselli was, or even may have been involved in the actual event.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"In my opinion, Giancana's part in the scheme was a ruse. From what I can see, Roselli was serious--but not Trafficante, the mob boss in Tampa.

We know that Giancana did not trust or like Roselli. Little Al told us that. It appears to me that Giancana strung Roselli along."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

William F. (Bill) Roemer, JR

ROEMER-MAN AGAINST THE MOB

Braden had the contact that got Nicoletti and Rosselli into the Dal-Tex building.

Mark

Now either Chauncey Holt drove Rosselli to Dallas from Licovelli's Grace Ranch or James Files flew Rosselli into Dallas in a plane or Rosselli, as FBI wiretaps imply, was in bed in Vegas when JFK was hit, but he didn't do all three now did he? I might even agree with "They Call Me" Gus on his one.

Mr. Kelly

Holt´s statements are recorded on videotapes. Holt drove Rosselli from Licavoli´s ranch as you said. The trip to Dallas was memorable according to Holt. Bad weather and nomerous car troubles almost made them fail their assignments.

You said that the FBI had a surveillance on Rosselli. It´s utterly wrong. The FBI did not have a surveillance on Rosselli during and before the assassination.

Mark

The trip to Dallas was memorable according to Holt. Bad weather and nomerous car troubles almost made them fail their assignments.

That's one of the biggest holes in Holt's story. You don't plan a presidential assassination in such a way that it might be foiled by bad weather or a tire blowing out.

Files's story has equally ridiculous elements. But that's just my opinion.

Mark

Mr. Kelly

Holt´s statements are recorded on videotapes. Holt drove Rosselli from Licavoli´s ranch as you said. The trip to Dallas was memorable according to Holt. Bad weather and nomerous car troubles almost made them fail their assignments.

You said that the FBI had a surveillance on Rosselli. It´s utterly wrong. The FBI did not have a surveillance on Rosselli during and before the assassination.

Mark

Hi Mark, and Ron,

I know all about Chauncey Holt, as I personally transcribed the videotape you mention, and personally interviewed Holt at length - nearly three hours, which I recorded on tape and personally transcribed, and made available to anyone interested, including people like Wim Dankoff, who twists Holt to his own ends and makes money on my transcriptions and complains about them.

Holt also said that he met Braden at the Cabana hotel, and since Braden's partners had split town early, he drove with Braden to the airport when leaving town.

I think Roselli is a red herring, a dead end alley in the labrynth, and laid out that way on purpose, though his murder remains an unsolved cold case homicide that can and should be solved to a legal and moral certainty.

BK

Bill,

How much of Holt's story do you believe? (All, parts, or none?)

Ron

Hi Ron,

It's not just a matter of belief or not. I checked out many of the things Holt told me, at least the things that could be checked out, and they did. Now the things that couldn't be checked out, well? I don't know.

If you believe Holt, then there is a connection between Braden and Rosselli - since he says he drove Rosselli to Dallas and left with Braden, and so Holt is certainly a connection, if you believe him.

Another weird connection is Holt's main bag man has the same last name as Braden's DC lawyer at the time of the HSCA hearings in the late 70s.

I just don't know.

BK

Bill,

IMO one thing that damaged Holt's credibility is his ID of Charles Harrelson as the tall tramp. I've looked at all the photos, and regardless of what Lois Gibson has to say, no one will ever be able to convince me that the tall tramp was Harrelson, or that the old tramp was Holt. So while some of the things that Holt told you checked out, IMO the tramp part of his story does not.

Ron