The Education Forum

(A8) Venues of Meetings

John Simkin

So far we have offers for meetings in Madrid and Paris. Two of our members are based in Brighton (Andy and I). One meeting will definitely be in Brighton (probably the one where we hand out hardware to members). Maybe the other meeting in the UK should be in another part of the country? I assume that is allowed. If so, I have some interesting suggestions about where this meeting could be held.

Varndean has an extremely large conference room. It has a whole suite of computers, a smart board, Internet access and a full time network manager. The catering is considered to be very good and the coffee is the best in Brighton. Drawback, there are real students outside the room, who are on the whole probably not as wholesome as the students in the IST.

• 2 weeks later...

I have added these details to the meetings section. Dates and venues can be changed later. I have made Brighton the second meeting to ensure that we have been able to purchase the equipment by then.

Madrid Meeting, October, 2006

Brighton Meeting, March, 2007

Lisbon Meeting, June, 2007

Udine Meeting, October, 2007

Nagykanizsa Meeting, March, 2008

Kamar Meeting, June, 2008

Paris Meeting, March, 2009

Brighton Meeting, July, 2009

No problem for the initial planning. However if you find it useful to change the order, we have no objection.

No problem about our meeting in October in Madrid, though it would be better about the second week of September: no classes, not too many meetings at the school.

Anyway, we can discuss it later.