The Education Forum

Presentations in the Heerlen meeting

Nico Zijlstra

Albert van der Kaap will give a presentation on the use and making of webquests

Is this thread for associates or members or both Nico?

In any case I think members should give a short presentation of what they have been up to as well.

For both.

I agree that members should post their presentations here at the forum. I'll transfer the content to the E-help website for further dissemination.

In any case I think members should give a short presentation of what they have been up to as well.

For both.

I agree that members should post their presentations here at the forum. I'll transfer the content to the E-help website for further dissemination.

Excellent

I've been looking at what you have been up to on the E-Help site - it looks good so far.

What we need from the next meeting is an agreed vision as to what the course will look like so we can structure the website accordingly

For both.

Excellent

I've been looking at what you have been up to on the E-Help site - it looks good so far.

What we need from the next meeting is an agreed vision as to what the course will look like so we can structure the website accordingly

My missing the Gothemburg meeting has prevented me from using EHELP website in a relevant way. So far I have been uploading the resources we are creating here in Madrid on our own websites. I don't think it will be complicated to upload it on EHELP website.

I agree on elaborating a short presentation about what we have been up to and on debating a common vision for the presential course and, subsequently, for the web site.

Taking into account that it will probably be a five day course and we are ten institutions involved in the project, we can start thinking of being in charge of a proportional part of the course.

Taking into account that it will probably be a five day course and we are ten institutions involved in the project, we can start thinking of being in charge of a proportional part of the course.

This is very much what I would like to happen sooner rather than later.

The digital video fixation I have to say leaves me stone cold. I would much rather be working on areas of interest to me and my institution viz. the creation and upkeep of online learning materials and fora, and the online tutoring and mentoring of trainee teachers. Both I think should constitute areas of the final course.

You will find the E-Help portal extremely easy to use Juan Carlos. If you go to this site I have uploaded training materials I use for for my colleagues at DTC.

Do you have a username and password?

• 2 weeks later...

My talk will be called web 2.0 and teaching and learning history - future perfect or present participation?

We'll talk about

!) blogging

2) wikis

3) social bookmarking

4) opportunities

5 )difficulties and threats

and a bit about RSS - though this is something that I've not quite grasped the full ramifications of!

I'm happy to be recorded, filmed, fingerprinted etc.

Ed.

This is very much what I would like to happen sooner rather than later.

The digital video fixation I have to say leaves me stone cold. I would much rather be working on areas of interest to me and my institution viz. the creation and upkeep of online learning materials and fora, and the online tutoring and mentoring of trainee teachers. Both I think should constitute areas of the final course.

Interested in Moodle? I might arrange a presentation of Moodle in Sintermeerten.

Interested in Moodle? I might arrange a presentation of Moodle in Sintermeerten.

Moodle does need to be part of the course as it is increasingly the favoured VLE option of many secondary schools

Moodle does need to be part of the course as it is increasingly the favoured VLE option of many secondary schools

I just asked my collegue Guido van Dijk to give us a small presentation of Sintermeertencollege/moodle featuring the moodle didactics rather than moodle as organising tool.

Albert van der Kaap will give a presentation on the use and making of webquests:

Examples of his presentation can be found in Digischool: http://histoforum.digischool.nl/heerlen/heerlen.htm

Is he happy to be filmed and to add a version of his presentation to the 'Seminars' section of the forum?

He's happy to be filmed. I've arranged for a professional Sony camera, tripod and microphone. No need to take all of this from Toulouse.

Edited by Nico Zijlstra

Yes. IST is looking at Moodle possibilities at the moment. I'd like to see what it can do.

He's happy to be filmed. I've arranged for a professional Sony camera, tripod and microphone. No need to take all of this from Toulouse.

Excellent thanks. It is a DV or HDV camera right?

I completely agree. I think we should include something about Moodle in our course.