The Education Forum

Thank you Nico

Just a quick word of thanks to Nico for organising such an effcient, enjoyable and productive conference B):rolleyes: (we wont blame you for the unexpected arrival of Siberia!)

Thank you Nico for all the time you spent organizing this very pleasant conference. Very interesting presentations (your students did a great job!) and the cavesystem Sint-Pieter was really something extra (you did a good job finding that guide...). The success of this meeting was much due to all the work you had done. I want you to also thank Elizabeth for helping me and tell Thomas to practice his Swedish... :rolleyes:

Thanks Nico for such a well organized meeting. Thanks Elizabeth for your hospitality.

And, although I complained about the weather all over the meeting, I have to be frank: I love to see white fields and snowflakes falling. It is not easy to see it in Madrid.

At the risk of repeating the sentiments already expressed above, I felt it was well-organised and - speaking as a relative outsider - a success for E-Help. The members seemed to have a good understanding of where this meeting was in terms of the project's progress, and what was needed for the next meetings.

Thanks too, Nico, for the photos which reminded me of how much I need to (i) get to the gym more and (ii) find some sunshine.

Thanks Nico, an excellent meeting. I was just talking about it with IST staff, made me realise what a wide range of useful activities we covered. It was a perfect balance and your management of it has raised the bar once again.

Thanks in addition for Inessa's present, she's going to look fantastic in the Spring (which has arrived today in Toulouse - a beautiful day 16°) and the beer which made it despite being dropped a couple of times.

I will also always associate Maastricht with the bizarre cave experience. In addition, having worked out how my phone could keep me up to date with the rugby scores, you took us underground. :rolleyes:

Thank you for the photo documentation of the meeting. Looking at the photos from The Caves reminds oneself how many exiting and unknown places there still are to be discovered in our old Europe.

And thank you for organizing the meeting over such outstretched piece of Netherlands, in the Heerlen, Valkenburg and Maastricht.

I enjoyed much when driving the borrowed car to look through the front window at the hilly landscape of Zuid Limburg.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, really enjoyable and useful meeting; the evaluations were uniformly positive. We seem to have got a good balance between giving associates time and space, keeping up to date, and thinking about the medium term of the project (and having a nice, interesting, enjoyable time). The 'human' climate was particularly good this time, even if the other climate was sub-artic.