The Education Forum

Suspicious Vehicles and 11/22/63

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Hi Lee:

Re number 6......

That photo of the hispanic individual comes from the Marsh collection, it was found some years ago.......and passed along..

It is said to be from the Jim Garrison files.......now the connection is, or could be...?

In the Roger Craig information......

When Craig was suppoened to New Orleans and became involved with the Garrison Investigation, Jim showed

Roger that photo, of that man.......[seen below....].

...and Roger Craig stated to him, that is the man that was driving the station wagon, he had seen that day, in Dealey.....

The car that the young man, LHO?, or look alike ?, who had run from behind the area of the TSBD, down the grassy slope, and entered into..

The station wagon is seen in a Jim Murray photo, .[below]......this was also witnessed by three others I believe, at 12/40.pm...

Also, a thought, keep in mind many were taken in that afternoon, but not put under arrest, only for questioning, as for instance, Jim Braden was..

......but that there were reports that 10 to 12 were put under arrest...and all released..

May help within the research of your station wagon....B...

Thanks Bernice. Coincidentally as always, I found the frame that corresponds to #17 yesterday. I'll try to post it....

17. Then there is the man who appears to be under arrest, being taken off the knoll. I don't have this frame handy. Robin posted that one someplace.
It might be fun to have another look at this individual - I can't help but wonder if he isn't one-in-the-same for the individual seen in several aftermath photos - including the one taken of the top of the underpass, looking over the fence.

Anyway...on the Rambler - I am still under the impression that more than one Rambler may have been mixed up in it somehow.

Seems hard to credit that the man Craig saw driving the Rambler would be the same as the man who yelled in Spanish, was arrested and released.

Duke - any more on that?

As an aside to the discussion about suspicious vehicles, one "Bob Apple" is claimed to have been in Oak Cliff about a half-hour later, on 10th Street, leaning against his car and talking with Sgt G.L. Hill after Hill went into(?) the Abundant Life Temple to get a .38 revolver

- lee

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duke,

At 1:12 # 243 calls in on Channel 2. #243 is Patrolman B. L. Apple

“I’m down here with this three wheeler at the dead-end of Laurels (sic) and he has got black hair. He is 42 years old and got a light colored jacket on and he is pretty drunk but he has been walking down these railroad tracks. Do you want me to take him up there or what do you want me to do with him?" ....

Speaking of "suspicious vehicles" ... well, that's not exactly fair to say, since the one I'm going to refer to is actually a police vehicle ....

Just for curiosity, wasn't Apple a motorcycle officer? What became of him after this transmission? Didn't he transmit again later on about waiting for someone in a car to come pick the drunk up since he obviously couldn't transport him on the back of a bike.

No, I think Apple was in a car.

“I’m down here with this three wheeler at the dead-end of Laurels and he has got black hair. He is 42 years old and got a light colored jacket on and he is pretty drunk but he has been walking down these railroad tracks. Do you want me to take him up there or what do you want me to do with him?

Dispatcher says, "Yes, take any of them up there to 505 Main and contact 9 (Inspector Sawyer)."

The three wheeler Apple refers to is #261 C.M. Barnhart.

You asked an interesting question about Apple.

I looked around for him and he isn't heard from again on either Channels 1 or 2.

Sometime between 1:33 PM and 1:43 PM, Dispatch calls him twice and he doesn't answer.

See CE 705 pp. 416 and 417.

I think the Accident Prevention Investigator with Sgt. Hill was C.T. Walker.

Sgt. Hill, who took an active part in searching at least two houses, told the WC, "At this time Sergeant Owens was there; I was there; Bill Alexander was there; it was probably about this time that C. T. Walker, an accident investigator got there; and with Sergeant Owens and Walker and a couple more officers standing outside..."

Steve Thomas

Vehicle #11 - parked on Main St - a pick-up truck, which appears to have a driver - maybe on a radio, and appears to be 2 men at the back. Named 'Pick-up man' by Jack White - what is he doing in the bed of the truck? Are these the same guys seen by Mercer - originally with the green Ford pick-up? And could the green Ford pick-up have been caught on Muchmore's film, prior to the arrival of the motorcade?

I believe someone once suggested that the truck in Muchmore was a Chevy. Ford F100 for comparison. There is also the Allen photo of the Ford in the parking lot. Let's call that Vehicle #12 [say, is that Jack Ruby standing in the background? :blink: ]

- lee

From Bell film...

Differend angle:

post-4997-1182194286_thumb.jpg

Maarten

What looks at first blush like some kind of citizen's arrest. Sure has a lot of folks looking in this direction. A clue anyone?

Lee,

That largish, longish, whitish, nearly-vertical "thing" blocking our view of the left leg of the guy standing to the left of the tall dark-complected dude is interesting. Any idea as to what that white thing was?

Thanks.

--Thomas

Edited by Thomas Graves

What looks at first blush like some kind of citizen's arrest. Sure has a lot of folks looking in this direction. A clue anyone?

Lee,

That largish, longish, whitish, nearly-vertical "thing" blocking our view of the left leg of the guy standing to the left of the tall dark-complected dude is interesting. Any idea as to what that white thing was?

Thanks.

--Thomas

Hey Thomas.

Not 100% - I would hazard to guess that the individual to the left has on a pair of white pants and is taking a step forward and in advance of the individual at the right. That may work if the individual on the left was wearing an overcoat, or holding one draped over his right arm - just guessing. Can't help but wonder about this guy on the right. Maybe he's the same as what appears to be the man seen in the Towner lying prone on the ground. Lot's of maybe's - like maybe he's not being arrested but being helped. I don't know. Curious.

- lee

post-675-1182226168_thumb.jpg

Lee,

Thanks.

--Thomas

Hey Thomas.

Not 100% - I would hazard to guess that the individual to the left has on a pair of white pants and is taking a step forward and in advance of the individual at the right. That may work if the individual on the left was wearing an overcoat, or holding one draped over his right arm - just guessing. Can't help but wonder about this guy on the right. Maybe he's the same as what appears to be the man seen in the Towner lying prone on the ground. Lot's of maybe's - like maybe he's not being arrested but being helped. I don't know. Curious.

- lee

Pardon Moi, if this has already been posted or addressed, but it seems relevant in at least an FYI sense.....

At the 1969 trial of Clay Shaw, Jackson, Louisiana barber Edwin Lea McGehee testified about an incident he said had occurred "in the last of August or the early part of September," "along toward the evening." "I had my door open, the air-conditioning was off and it was rather cool," McGehee recalled. He testified that "an old," "battered," "dark colored car" drove up, and Lee Harvey Oswald stepped into his shop for a haircut.

The car "might have been dark green -- but the make of it I just couldn't remember, it was an old car, real old." It "resembled a Kaiser or a Frazer or an old Nash." ....... Lee have you entertained the idea of charting in table form, the suspicious vehicles in Dallas on November 22, 1963? It seems like it would be easier to follow, just an idea

Edited by Robert Howard

Lee,

Thanks.

--Thomas

Hey Thomas.

- lee

Pardon Moi, if this has already been posted or addressed, but it seems relevant in at least an FYI sense.....

At the 1969 trial of Clay Shaw, Jackson, Louisiana barber Edwin Lea McGehee testified about an incident he said had occurred "in the last of August or the early part of September," "along toward the evening." "I had my door open, the air-conditioning was off and it was rather cool," McGehee recalled. He testified that "an old," "battered," "dark colored car" drove up, and Lee Harvey Oswald stepped into his shop for a haircut.

The car "might have been dark green -- but the make of it I just couldn't remember, it was an old car, real old." It "resembled a Kaiser or a Frazer or an old Nash." ....... Lee have you entertained the idea of charting in table form, the suspicious vehicles in Dallas on November 22, 1963? It seems like it would be easier to follow, just an idea

Ron & Lee

From the other Paines station wagon thread......the Paines had three cars.....FWIW..

Harvey & Lee page 539 & 582....3 cars..

Ruth Paine described her car to FBI agent Bardwell Odum as a 1955 Chevrolet 4 door: 2 toned Green station wagon.

WC: Ex.2125: 2/29/64.

Lee Oswald may have driven this car to New Orleans in early September, while Mrs.Paine drove to the east coast in a Brown station wagon...- the same car was seen by Lillian Murret May 11/ 63 and by two FBI agents parked in front of 4907 Magazine in Aug.63..

WC 3119.

A man who identified himself as Lee Harvey Oswald , with a photo ID, had a 1955 station wagon serviced in New Orleans at A.R.Will's Service Sation about Sept.10th, 63......

LHO Last Words...

Paines 3 cars.....

10:30 A.M.-1:10 P.M. Interrogation, Capt. Will Fritz's Office

"I said I wanted to contact Attorney Abt, New York. He defended the Smith Act cases in 1949, 1950, but I don't know his address, except that it is in New York. . . . I never owned a rifle. . . . Michael Paine owned a car, Ruth Paine owned two cars. . .

http://www.ratical.org/ratville/JFK/LHO.html

B..

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...=6673&st=45

B..

Edited by Bernice Moore

We don't believe Judyth Baker - apparently - however I found her account of the matter interesting. That Oswald knew how to drive very well - however his lack of a driver's license was part of the subterfuge he maintained with Marina - since she was materialistic, and very much wanted them to have a car - the excuse of not knowing how to drive would then make a great deal of sense - particularly given the number of Oswald sightings involving him driving.

Robert - yes, that was my intention, but I never got around to it! Someday...

- lee

Oh yes, Lee it makes a whole lot of sense, all according to Judyth! Fist of all, why would anyone seem to be materalistic because they wanted their husband to buy a car? Why would a husband even go to such extremes to pretend not to be able to drive, just so he wouldn't have to buy a car and just because his wife might make demands. Did he actually prefer to walk with Marina to the grocery store, with Marina expecting a baby and one of them probably having to carry the little girl and then maybe both having to carry the groceries home. (Hopefully they at least had a stroller). But anything to not oblige Marina!

But then just who was the materialistic one? Also according to Judyth as a married woman, she sat in an expensive Hotel Room with a married man, eating cavier and drinking champagne, At the same time his pregnant wife goes without medical care. She becomes ill and he takes her to a free clinic where they are turned down because they had not been residents long enough. He can wine and dine Judyth in high style (and break chairs in Hotel Rooms) but can't pay for a regular doctor for Marina. These are also Judyth's claims! I take Judyth's claims with a grain of salt. If LHO drove, it was not the same one. It was the one posing as LHO.

I do believe we are looking at two guys posing as LHO, whereas, one could drive and the other one couldn't. So I also believe that is how the controversy developed. Ruth Paine claims she gave LHO some driving lessons, but he also managed to not get his drivers license. Although I think there is records that he did have a drivers license...but it must be the double. I think that Michael Paine bought a used car that some believe was intended for LHO to use when he got his license...but then he never did get it afterall.

Dixie

Edited by Dixie Dea

If Judyth knew any Oswald it was not Harvey, it was Lee...more grains of salt...imo...

It was Lee that had the licence and drove not Harvey.....

How could Marina be materialistic, Lee she didn't have anything, to compare it to in the first place...??

But those are also Judyths words within her book....that Marina was....

and not even enough to see a Doctor for a check up...and lived on also what others provided for them.

Check into Wiesberg, I believe they never spent more than $10.00 a week on grocery's, he did drop by

at the corner grocery store during the week, for milk and bread extra, and there if we are to believe

Judyth.....he was even helping her even pay her rent when first in N.Os.....but that's o.k..... sheesh....

See below for anyone interested.....there were clearly two who looked very similar....imo..

Laurel Kittrell, of the Texas Employment Commission, interviewed Harvey Oswald before he began work at the Book Depository on October 15. He told her he had come up from New Orleans. She described him as neat in appearance and articulate. He told her his first job was selling shoes. In 1956 he moved to Encino, California and worked 6 months a motorscooter messenger boy before he joined the Marines. Laurel Kittrell interviewed "Harvey Oswald", who first worked at Dolly Shoe in 1955, and wrote the infamous note to Warren Easton High School in October, 1955 stating "we are moving to San Diego". Her curiosity was aroused when Oswald told her he had lived in Russia and had a Russian wife. She noticed the woman with him was about to have a baby and remembered her as being quite short and wearing no makeup. During this interview, she asked him what he liked best about Russia. He replied "The opera".

A week later Oswald showed up for another interview. Harvey was then working at the T.S.B.D.. But Mrs. Kittrell realized this Oswald was not the same person she had interviewed before. The two Oswalds were very, very similar--but different people. She said, "the man I remember as (Harvey) Oswald, and the man I remember as the Teamster were much alike in size, shape and outline, generally, there was a marked difference between them in bearing and manner. The man I remember as Oswald was a trim, energetic, compact, well-knit person, who sat on the edge of a chair (Harvey). The man I remember as the Teamster, was sprawled over his chair and was rather messy looking (Lee)".

-- John Armstrong, 1997

Mrs. Kittrell gave a thirty-page statement to the U.S. Attorney in Dallas. Her statement was hand carried to the Warren Commission by the Secret Service. But her 30-page statement and subsequent 90-page manuscript in which she discusses her interviews of the two Oswalds, were ultimately ignored and suppressed.

-- John Armstrong, 1999

The FBI finally got around to interviewing Mrs. Kittrell on June 4, 1965. The U.S. government finally got around to allowing the American people access to her statement in 1994, more than thirty years after the assassination.

Shown below is an excerpt from two pages of her lengthy statement, which is FBI record no. 124-10057-10339; Agency file no. 62-109060-4052.

According to an FBI report located at the National Archives by Mr. Armstrong in May 1999, the FBI had tracked Oswald's return trip to the U.S. from Mexico City, indicating that Oswald took a La Frontera bus from Mexico City and arriving at the border town on Nuevo Laredo on the morning of 10/3/63. Noting that Oswald also applied for unemployment compensation at the Texas Employment Commission that same day, the report found it "highly improbable that Oswald could have traveled" the 426 miles "from Laredo, Texas to Dallas, Texas on 10/3/63, in time to appear personally" before Laurel Kittrell at the Texas Employment Commission. The agent who wrote the report was obviously unaware that two people were sharing the identity of Lee Harvey Oswald.

http://home.wi.rr.com/harveyandlee/Kittrell/Kittrell.htm

The official story of Russian-speaking Harvey Oswald's activities on November 22, 1963 is familiar to many. Since Harvey didn't drive and didn't have a driver's license, on the morning of the assassination at around 7:15 AM he walked the short distance to Wesley Frazier's house and rode with Frazier to the School Book Depository, where he stayed continuously until the early afternoon and was observed by many witnesses. The shirt he wore was variously identified as tan or, more often, brown.

Wearing a white shirt that day, the American-born "Lee" Oswald was seen at two different places early in the morning. In 1998, Mr. Armstrong described the sightings this way:

Lee Oswald --- 7:30 am, November 22, 1963 --- J.W. "Dub" Stark was the owner of the Top 10 Record Store located at 338 W. Jefferson in Oak Cliff. The store still exists and is across the street and a block and a half west of the Texas Theater. On December 3, 1963 SA Carl E. Walters wrote a memo to SAC, Dallas. The memo stated "On 12/3/63, Mr. John D. Whitten, telephonically advised that he heard Lee Harvey Oswald was in the Top 10 Record Shop on Jefferson on the morning of 11/22/63. Oswald bought a ticket of some kind and left. Then some time later, Oswald returned to the record shop and wanted to buy another ticket. Whitten requested that his name not be mentioned in any way, as it could hurt his business". News reporter Earl Golz confirmed this story in his interview with Mr. Stark (notes of Earl Golz). This story was further confirmed by Top 10 Record store employee Louis Cortinas, 18 years old in 1963, also in an interview conducted by Earl Golz (notes of Earl Golz). For interested parties, Dale Myers interviewed Mr. Stark in 1997. This interview is described on page 57 of Dale Myers book, With Malice.

Lee Oswald --- 8:30 am, November 22, 1963 --- Lee Oswald entered the Jiffy store, 310 S. Industrial, Dallas, TX., about 8:30 am. Fred Moore, the store clerk said "identification of this individual arose when he asked him for identification as to proof of age for purchase of two bottles of beer. Moore said he figured the man was over 21 but the store frequently requires proof by reason of past difficulties with local authorities for serving beer to minors. This customer said, sure I got ID and pulled a Texas drivers license from his billfold. Moore said that he noted the name appeared as Lee Oswald or possibly as H. Lee Oswald. As Moore recalled, the birth date on the license was 1939 and he thought it to have been the 10th month." (interview of Fred Moore by SA David Barry 12/2/63).

http://home.wi.rr.com/harveyandlee/November/November_22.htm

B......

Edited by Bernice Moore

Duke,

“I’m down here with this three wheeler at the dead-end of Laurels (sic) and he has got black hair. He is 42 years old and got a light colored jacket on and he is pretty drunk but he has been walking down these railroad tracks. Do you want me to take him up there or what do you want me to do with him?" ....

Speaking of "suspicious vehicles" ... well, that's not exactly fair to say, since the one I'm going to refer to is actually a police vehicle ....

Just for curiosity, wasn't Apple a motorcycle officer? What became of him after this transmission? Didn't he transmit again later on about waiting for someone in a car to come pick the drunk up since he obviously couldn't transport him on the back of a bike.

No, I think Apple was in a car.

“I’m down here with this three wheeler at the dead-end of Laurels and he has got black hair. He is 42 years old and got a light colored jacket on and he is pretty drunk but he has been walking down these railroad tracks. Do you want me to take him up there or what do you want me to do with him?

Dispatcher says, "Yes, take any of them up there to 505 Main and contact 9 (Inspector Sawyer)."

The three wheeler Apple refers to is #261 C.M. Barnhart.

You asked an interesting question about Apple.

I looked around for him and he isn't heard from again on either Channels 1 or 2.

Sometime between 1:33 PM and 1:43 PM, Dispatch calls him twice and he doesn't answer.

See CE 705 pp. 416 and 417.

I think the Accident Prevention Investigator with Sgt. Hill was C.T. Walker.

Sgt. Hill, who took an active part in searching at least two houses, told the WC, "At this time Sergeant Owens was there; I was there; Bill Alexander was there; it was probably about this time that C. T. Walker, an accident investigator got there; and with Sergeant Owens and Walker and a couple more officers standing outside..."

Steve Thomas

"Drunk" or smelled and behaved drunk?

John,

"Drunk" or smelled and behaved drunk?

While I can't prove it, I believe this individual to be Lonnie Ray Wright.

From Lummie Lewis' after-action report:

COUNTY OF DALLAS

SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT

SUPPLEMENTARY INVESTIGATION REPORT

ASSASSINATION OF PRESIDENT KENNEDY

Deputy C.L. "Lummie" Lewis, Dallas County Sheriff's Department

Lonnie Ray Wright w/m/ - 3 time loser. Drunk, put in jail. Was on RR track.

My vote for suspicious car of the year comes at 2:00 in the afternoon.

At 2:04 Unit 474A radios in and says that they need a wrecker at Cobb’s stadium “for suspect’s car.” CE 705 p. 425

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...p;relPageId=451

According to CE 1974 at 23H885, at approximately 2:20PM, Unit 474A (which is only identified as the Special Services Bureau) is dispatched to pick up a "subject on this overpass, carrying a rifle; railroad tracks, Cobb Stadium." 474A was asked if he could see the subject. 474A said no, but that they would go over and get him.

I believe this to be John Elrod.

At 2:23, Unit 22 (Patrolman L.L. Hill) was dispatched to go out to Cobb Stadium on the railroad track overpass and meet 474A at the railroad tracks. "There is a white male carrying a rifle" (23H886)

At about 2:25, Unit 107 (Patrolman C.F. Goodson radioed in on Channel 2 and said, “Any better location on that deal down here at Cobb stadium?”

Dispatcher says, “No, that’s all we had on it.”

107 says, “10-4. There are about 15 or 20 officers out here covering this. Nobody can find anything.”

23H933

At 2:26, unit 562 (a wrecker) radioed in and said that he was at Cobb stadium "for that suspect's car" (23H887). The Dispatcher told the wrecker to wait there, that 474A will "be back in a minute".

At 2:27, Unit 52(unknown) radioed in and asked if the T.C. Cobb Stadium was on the Hines Blvd overpass, the railroad overpass, or the freeway overpass and asked which direction the suspect was walking. The Dispatcher's response was garbled, but said he didn't know about the direction. (23H887)

At 2:28 Patrolman Hill reported that he was with the wrecker at Cobb Stadium and Unit 474A was ordered to go there. (23H887)

474A radios in and says, "The car that we want picked up is on the parking lot if front of the Merchandise Mart just north of Cobb Stadium."

22 asks if it is a 1964 Falcon. 474A says, "No. It is a red panel truck with writing on the side... license plate 3E9087. (23H888)

As early as 2:04 PM, Unit 474A was calling for a wrecker. "We need a wrecker on the parking lot just west of Cobb's stadium for suspect's car." (23H881)

At 2:26, unit 562 (a wrecker) radioed in and said that he was at Cobb stadium "for that suspect's car" (23H887). The Dispatcher told the wrecker to wait there, that 474A will "be back in a minute".

What suspect was that?

Lee Harvey Oswald has already been arrested at the Texas Theater.

474A wasn't dispatched to pick up the suspect walking on the railroad tracks until 2:20 PM. (23H885)

The time on Elrod's Arrest Record is given as 2:45 pm.

Elrod's arrest report was signed by C.M. Barnhart, H.M. Hart and F.A. Hellinghausen of the Special Services Bureau, and M.A. Rhodes.

Why was Elrod's arrest record signed by Barnhart and not L.L. Hill?

Barnhart was in on the arrest at 1:08PM, but there is no reference on the dispatch tapes to him being in on the 2:23 PM arrest.

Why would Patrolman Hill ask out of the blue if the wrecker was needed for a 1964 Ford Falcon?

Who owned the red panel truck?

Steve Thomas

• 2 months later...

I've ran across a few items here and there over the last few months.....This one was from today on MFF

BRADLEY, JAMES CECIL

Sources: WC Vol. 17 (383); CD 1245 (185-7); CD 1395 (135); Cover-Up, Shaw & Harris (103)

Mary's

Comments: Owned red 1963 Chevrolet Impala with license No. 52J1033 parked on Harry Hines 3 or 4 days, then left 11/22/63 "at high rate of speed." This is info someone wrote in a bio section for the above individual, and I do not know whether it is accurate or not.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...wRec.do?id=1394

There is also a strange situation regarding some goings on at the Eagle Pass Hotel, after the assassination

a 1957 Red and White Falcon whose driver was discovered “in a drunken stupor” by a bellboy named Joe Falcon at the Eagle Hotel in Eagle Pass, Texas. [Eagle Pass, Texas also comes up with regards to FBI lookouts posted re tracking Albert Osborne/John Howard Bowen

The person in question whose name was redacted in the original FBI report was Victor N. Stokes. His sister was named initials “B.T. “ Cotton, she resided at 808 Eighth Street in Irving, Texas.

Also with regards to the "Oswald" impersonator who was seen ostensibly passing a rifle over the fence at the Sportsdrome Rifle Range, John Armstrong wrote in Harvey & Lee......this passage on page 775 ......Mr Davis saw the large “bearded man” driving a car on Davis Street in March, 1964. He wrote down the License Plate # of the car and gave it to the FBI in Dallas. The car was a 1961 or 1962 red & white 4-door Chevrolet license plate # PW-2958 and was registered to Southern Lead Rolling Co. in Dallas citation WC Testimony of Malcolm Price 10H 377 Nat’l Archives FBI 124-10037-10228 DL 100-10461-4464 [there is a missing digit...maybe it was 04464 or 44640] FBI memo from Paul E Stone night clerk to SAC Dallas, 03/15/64

And...last but definitely not least there is a document at NARA referencing a "Richard Belcher," which appears to either still be unreleased, [supposedly there are no more documents classified according to the Nat'l Archives,] but I am not sure about that, in either case the document does not seem to appear in the Mary Ferrell site or anywhere else; the interesting thing is that the WC Documents lists a Richard Belcher in their index, but when you go the page where the name is supposed to appear, there is no Richard or Belcher, but a redacted passage referencing a inquiry into automobiles, barely legible in some places

See Below

A strange deleted name in WC CD 205 p.576 concerning Richard Belcher; The index for CD 205 list a Richard Belcher as being on page 576, but when one goes to the page, there is only the following entry.......Crawford County Motor Company, Van Driver?, Arkansas advised that he had recently purchased two vehicles

that was? Auto Rental Services, Inc., Fort Smith, Arkansas. One of these vehicles was a 1962 Ford bearing license number redacted. He stated that this vehicle bearing license redacted had been sold to redacted Van Buren, Arkansas

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...p;relPageId=579

My take on the automobiles in Dallas on 11/22/63 that disappeared w/o much of a trace is that there was considerable effort to make sure they wound up somewhere else with different lisc. plates numbers and/or paint jobs than what was seen ere in Dallas on Nov. 22, 1963;

For what it's worth, one of the most respected scholars and editors within the JFK research community told me some years ago that he was looking at the possibly sinister use of a medium sized truck parked during the assassination on Elm, east of Houston.

Based on his description of the vehicle, I asked if he were postulating a shooter firing out of what might best be termed a "trap door" cut into the wall of the cargo area that extends above the rear of the cab.

He chose not to speculate at that time.

I'll try to find out if he continued his inquiries.

In the meantime, perhaps an interpid poster might dig up a photo that captures the truck in question.

Charles

Edited by Charles Drago