The Education Forum

The death of John Connolly's daughter

James Richards Yesterday, 06:20 AM Post #5

Group: Members

Member No.: 624

John,

Let's not forget that in 1969, Fred Korth's daughter Verita, supposedly killed herself with a 20 gauge shotgun. Same sort of weapon involved with the Hale death and also the weapon of choice for George De Mohrenschildt.

I think it is worth mentioning that as a mode of taking one's life, woman rarely resort to such violent measures. It would be interesting to get some statistics regarding that.

FWIW.

James

This post has been edited by James Richards: Yesterday, 06:22 AM

What are the chances that both Connally and Korth were Secretaries of the Navy, and each had daughters that committed suicide with a 20 gauge....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but...

....strange, very strange...

• 7 months later...

John,

Let's not forget that in 1969, Fred Korth's daughter Verita, supposedly killed herself with a 20 gauge shotgun. Same sort of weapon involved with the Hale death and also the weapon of choice for George De Mohrenschildt.

I think it is worth mentioning that as a mode of taking one's life, woman rarely resort to such violent measures. It would be interesting to get some statistics regarding that.

FWIW.

James

What are the chances that both Connally and Korth were Secretaries of the Navy, and each had daughters that committed suicide with a 20 gauge....

(Antti)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Great thread / co incidence or conspiracy ?

Korth and Connolly both suffered a very serious intimidation over

the facts of Dallas and GENERAL DYNAMICS is in the middle of it ??????

Edited by Shanet Clark

John,

FWIW.

James

(Antti)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Great thread / co incidence or conspiracy ?

Korth and Connolly both suffered a very serious intimidation over

the facts of Dallas and GENERAL DYNAMICS is in the middle of it ??????

Connally's daughter was killed by her husband, who was the son of

former FBI man I.B. Hale, who was chief of security at General Dynamics.

As I recall, it was ruled an accidental shooting.

Jack

I wish researchers would start spelling ConnAlly's name right.

• 5 years later...
Guest Robert Morrow

Here is an article on Robert Allen Hale from 2005:

http://www.mccarthy-kennicott.com/ND2005/index.html

"The Dark Side of Robert Hale"

By Rick Kenyon

Robert Allen Hale, AKA Papa Pilgrim, is in jail. His accusers are not the National Park Service, but rather his own family. Indicted by a Palmer grand jury on 30 felony charges including sexual assault, kidnapping and incest, the future for the high-profile McCarthy area resident looks bleak.

WSEN readers are familiar with the Pilgrim family who became internationally known after the NPS closed the old mining road which was the only land access to the family’s property some 14 miles from McCarthy.

A number of McCarthy area residents have had conflicts with the 64-year-old patriarch over the past two years, but the grand jury indictment and eventual arrest came as a shock. Area residents first became aware there was something terribly wrong when an Alaska State Trooper helicopter flew to McCarthy on September 23 to arrest him. Apparently Hale spotted the troopers and slipped away into the woods. Despite his distinctive appearance and only one road out of town, he managed to leave the McCarthy area and elude capture for two weeks.

Hale’s wife, Kurina Hale, better known to locals as Country Rose, had apparently been trying to get her husband to turn himself in. She eventually told him to leave just days before the grand jury met, and reportedly asked local air taxi pilot Gary Green not to bring him back to their upper McCarthy Creek homestead where she and the smaller children had been living all summer.

“We’re sorry for the things that happened and hope that God will help us through this,” she said in a telephone interview with Anchorage Daily News reporter Tom Kizzia. “We haven’t lost any sight of God through all this. It’s just that sometimes sin is hidden.”

The Hale family first came to McCarthy in January of 2002. After an aborted attempt to drive to Kennicott in the deep snow, they put on an impromptu Blue Grass concert at the McCarthy Lodge for a dozen or so winter residents. It wasn’t long before the Pilgrims purchased the old Mother Lode Mine property at the end of the McCarthy-Green Butte Road. It also wasn’t long before “Papa” appeared on the radar screen of the NPS when he wrote a WSEN Letter to the Editor. The subject was access— not to their own property, but the footbridge across the Kennicott River. Wrangell-St. Elias National Park Superintendent Gary Candelaria had flown to Juneau to lobby the state on behalf of putting in “bollards” to block ATV access to McCarthy and Kennicott. Pilgrim’s letter was one of several written by area residents, taking the superintendent to task for working against the best interests of the two communities by limiting access to them. The access issue would later come back to haunt him and his whole family.

From the beginning it was obvious that Pilgrim was outspoken in his faith. Area Christians were glad to have such a large family of believers come to the neighborhood. Some thought the local church would get quite a boost from 17 new members. But all invitations to attend were quietly rejected.

However, it was apparent that Papa ruled the family with his strict interpretation of the Scriptures. The girls wore dresses—pants were considered “men’s clothes.” They were not to shake hands and all of the children were required to travel in pairs, never alone.

What seemed to be absent from his doctrine was the command to love one’s enemies. Pilgrim seemed to almost welcome persecution, apparently seeing it as a mark of divine approval. Even close friends and supporters were treated as bitter enemies if they dared disagree with him.

On February 13, 2003, the Park Service acted to deny access to the Pilgrim’s Mother Lode property. Rangers told locals that they could use the road for “subsistence”, even with ATV’s, but the family could not use an ATV or other motorized vehicle to access their home. The action outraged the McCarthy community who came to the aid of the family and launched a battle with the NPS that is still unresolved.

It also brought international attention to the Pilgrim family. While media such as World Net Daily did a series highlighting the access issue, the Washington Post published an article spotlighting the admittedly unusual past of the family patriarch. The Anchorage Daily News took up the cause with a series of articles called “Papa’s Passage.”

As our readers will recall, WSEN published many articles about the family, written by a number of reporters who are also neighbors and knew or interviewed the family. WSEN also strongly supported, and still strongly asserts, the validity of the family’s right to access their home—to Hillbilly Heaven, a term the family gave to their mountain property. But, unknown to us, their heaven was becoming anything but.

Pilgrim grew up in Dallas, the son of I.B. Hale, a two-time All-American tackle who was ranked among the very best of many great players during Texas Christian University’s most triumphant football era. (He was inducted into the Texas Sports Hall of Fame in 1985.)

A first-round draft pick for the Washington Redskins in 1939, the elder Hale instead chose a career in law enforcement. He became a top agent for the Federal Bureau of Investigation in Fort Worth and a close associate of FBI Chief J. Edgar Hoover.

Later he became chief of security for General Dynamics, the giant military contractor. He was chairman of ASIS International, a professional association of private security firms, when he died of a heart attack in 1971.

The Pilgrim children speak of Grandpa Hale in almost reverent terms, telling of his football accomplishments and of his expertise in training other FBI agents in the use of firearms.

In 1958, at age 17, Robert eloped to Florida with the teenage daughter of John Connally, the future governor of Texas who rose to national attention when he was wounded by gunfire when John F. Kennedy was assassinated. According to family members, Grandpa Hale was riding in the car behind Kennedy and Connally on that tragic day.

Guest Robert Morrow

From a friend who is researching Robert Allen Hale:

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=128396&relPageId=2

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=128396&relPageId=3

then that leads to this:

Robert Allen Hale was the son of I. B. Hale[1] and Virginia Kingsbery Hale of Fortune Road, Fort Worth, TX. [2][3][4][5] Warren Commission exhibit CE 1891[6] states that Mrs. Virginia Hale of Fortune Road, employed in the Fort Worth office of the Texas Employment Commission, sent Lee Harvey Oswald out on the job to the Leslie Welding Company in July, 1962.

In April, 1959, Robert Allen Hale was cleared by a Florida Coroner's Jury of responsibility related to the shooting death of his teenaged wife of only 44 days, Kathleen Connally Hale, the daughter of the future Texas Governor, John Connally.[7] Kathleen was already pregnant and they eloped to Oklahoma. They moved to Florida and lived in a small apartment for a month when Kathleen was killed by a shotgun blast below her right ear. Kathleen's family family blamed Hale, but John Connally himself thought it might have been a suicide pact that Hale backed out of.

On November 22, 1963, John Connally was in the seat in front of President John F. Kennedy when JFK was shot and killed in their open-air limousine in Dallas by Lee Harvey Oswald, according to the Warren Commission.

Prior to living in Alaska, Hale had been involved in another notable incident with the law, also linked to President John F. Kennedy. On August 7, 1962, Hale and his twin brother William were observed by an F.B.I. agent, as they burglarized the Los Angeles apartment of one of John Kennedy's alleged mistresses, Judith Exner.[8][9]

Then that leads to this:

Robert Hale formed a christian hippie cult and moved to Alaska where he became "Lord" and "Pappa Pilgrim"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Hale_%28Alaska%29

HIS FATHER IS FORMER FBI AGENT I.B. HALE WHO THEN GOES TO WORK AS SECURITY HEAD FOR GENERAL DYNAMICS UNDER MAX CLARK (WIFE IS RUSSIAN FRIEND OF MARINA'S). THE KID TRIES TO BREAK INTO JUDITH EXNER'S HOUSE TO GET DIRT ON JFK AND BLACKMAIL FOR THX GENERAL DYNAMICS BID.

BUT THE WIFE, VIRGINIA HALE IS THE ONE AND ONLY ONE WHO GETS JOBS FOR LEE HARVEY OSWALD IN AND AROUND DALLAS. AHHHHHHHHH.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKkorth.htm

After resigning as Secretary of the Navy, Korth worked as a lawyer in Washington. In 1969 he was elected to the board of OKC Corporation in Dallas. Later that year Fred Korth's daughter Verita Korth, supposedly killed herself with a 20 gauge shotgun. Now Korth was a Johnson man. he replaced Connally as Secretary of the Navy.

The idea that both daughters of the consecutive Secretaries of the Navy blew their brains out with 20 gauge shotguns is a little much to comprehend.

But it happened. I don't think the death of these young daughters was in any way related to the JFK assassination, but it is interesting.

Two questions:

Was I. B. Hale really riding in the Queen Mary during the motorcade?

In another account of the Kathleen Connally Hale death that I've read, another male was said have been at the scene with R. A Hale when the police arrived. I may have read that account in an EdForum thread. Does anyone know if it was Hale's twin brother?

The Connally-Hale-Korth violence is an important indice of the atmosphere JFK was entering on going to Dallas.

Edited by David Andrews

Citing unreleased FBI documents, Hersh writes that Bobby joined his twin brother, Billy, in breaking into the Los Angeles apartment of Judith Exner, a woman who later acknowledged having an affair with Kennedy. An FBI agent observed the break-in on Aug. 7, 1962, but made no attempt to arrest the Hale brothers, according to Hersh.

In the book, Hersh speculates that the break-in was part of a successful attempt by the Hales' father, I.B., then chief of security at General Dynamics, to blackmail Kennedy into giving the company a major defense contract.

[/b]

Notice the date of the break in of Judith Exner. August 7, 1962. Two days earlier Marilyn Monroe died. This just can't be a coincidence. Were they going to kill Judith Exner too?

And an FBI agent was a witness to the break in, but took no action. What was he doing there?

Kathy C

• 1 year later...
Guest Tom Scully

If you are logged in, the "unreleased" FBI documents describing the 1962 burglary of Judith Exner's apartment can be viewed:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=20110&pid=272637&st=195entry272637

I tried to make the story "flow" within the extreme confines of the wikipedia administration's "truth" squad. Good reading for Rachel

Maddow's producers.:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Harvey_Oswald#Dallas-Fort_Worth

....In July 1962, Oswald was hired by Dallas' Leslie Welding Company; he disliked the work and quit after three months. (Virginia Hale of the Texas Employment Commission testified that she sent Oswald out on the job to the Leslie Welding Company.)[60]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Connally#Kennedy_assassination

.... [16] Warren Commission exhibit CE 1891[17] states that Mrs. Virginia Hale of Fortune Road, employed in the Fort Worth office of the Texas Employment Commission, sent Lee Harvey Oswald to a job location at the Leslie Welding Company in July 1962. Robert Hale was the son of Virginia Hale. He earlier had been cleared by a coroner's jury in Florida of responsibility related to the April 1959 shooting death of his teenaged wife of only forty-four days, Kathleen Connally Hale, the daughter of John Connally.[18][19][20][21]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Hale_%28Alaska%29