The Education Forum

Membership of the JFK Forum

Guest Stephen Turner

excuse me butting in Gentlemen, but you really need to start a new topic on all this. It has nothing to do do with the thread header (membership of the JFK forum) it would be a shame if this debate got lost because members were not aware it was here. FWIW, Steve.

• 11 years later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/11/2006 at 2:26 PM, Nathaniel Heidenheimer said:

Perhaps a sufficiently tweedy enclave could be formed within the forum in which only the credentialed would be allowed. I will rush to get a more advanced degree from Southeast Texas Teachers College so that I might join--at least in my own estimate-- the ranks of Alfred McCoy and Gerald McNight, in debating Sir Kenneth A. Rahn in this moated thread.

We all recognize the bravery and selfless devotion to the public good shown by American Academia throughout the Cold War, and especially in more recent years!

I had suggested this, months back, in another thread. If an exclusive subforum could get back a number of collegiate and esteemed researchers, segregated from rabble such as myself, it would be a great thing. IMO.

On 5/11/2006 at 11:48 AM, John Geraghty said:

John,

What would you make of a protected thread created for a debate between two members representing both LN and conspiracy believers.

I have been trying to come up with a good way to have an debate online, but can not find anything that would fit a timeframe of say an hour or so and provide sufficient time for both sides to put forward a detailed argument. By debate I mean of course a discussion between two opposing sides, a chairperson and an adjudicator.

Would Kenneth Rahn et al find this more acceptable do you think?

John

John,

I think that's a good idea.

The problem is -- there are so many factions on both sides.

Who would represent a faction like "A Witting LHO and Some Other People Did It Together", for example?

And how would you accommodate such "fringe" theories (imho) as "Harvey and Lee and the Two Marguerites, Too" and "General Edwin Walker, Guy Banister, and David Sanchez Morales Did It"?

Or the really intriguing but unpopular "Mid-Level CIA and Upper-Level KGB Did It Together"?

For example.

--  Tommy :sun