• Announcements

• Evan Burton

OPEN REGISTRATION BY EMAIL ONLY !!! PLEASE CLICK ON THIS TITLE FOR INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR REGISTRATION!:   06/03/2017

We have 5 requirements for registration: 1.Sign up with your real name. (This will be your Username) 2.A valid email address 3.Your agreement to the Terms of Use, seen here: http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=21403. 4. Your photo for use as an avatar  5.. A brief biography. We will post these for you, and send you your password. We cannot approve membership until we receive these. If you are interested, please send an email to: edforumbusiness@outlook.com We look forward to having you as a part of the Forum! Sincerely, The Education Forum Team
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John Simkin

Spain and the World Cup

4 posts in this topic

I have been very impressed with Spanish teams in the Champions League. What are your chances in the World Cup? I see Xabi Alonso, Asier Del Horno and Michael Salgado are injured. Going by his form with Liverpool, you are likely to miss Alonso.

Althoug the media try to bring the public's attention on our national team, I think that, so far, people is not very interested in the next World Cup.

Why? History. Spaniards tend to consider with a great fatalism our team performance. We always lose. We always feel dissapointed after every World Cup.

However, our Prime Minister, who so far is quite daring and fortunate, has just claimed that this year will be "our year". I tend to not believe politicians. Even if I have voted for them.

So... just relax and enjoy "o jogo bonito" from Brazil.

Althoug the media try to bring the public's attention on our national team, I think that, so far, people is not very interested in the next World Cup.

Why? History. Spaniards tend to consider with a great fatalism our team performance. We always lose. We always feel dissapointed after every World Cup.

Really? That's a great shame. You have some greatplayers this time around such as Casillas, Canizares, Raul and Fabregas. I would like to see Spain win (if Italy and England get knocked out that is :D )

As for Brazil: :tomatoes

:D

However, our Prime Minister, who so far is quite daring and fortunate, has just claimed that this year will be "our year". I tend to not believe politicians. Even if I have voted for them.

So... just relax and enjoy "o jogo bonito" from Brazil.

Don't you feel better now? Spain looked very good against Ukraine. See you in the semi-finals.