The Education Forum

Igor Vaganov

From WC CD 728 Radio Transmissions DPD on the day of the assassination.

Appx. 1:54 PM

"Have they got another one?"

"Carrollton PD called Public service and said someone had reported a 1963 Chev Impala, bearing Georgia License 52J1033 had been parked 3 or 4 days near Harry Hines circle - reported vehicle left location traveling North on Harry Hines at high rate of speed - Red, '63 Chev Impala. All we have at this time."

END

Interesting! Milteer and possible GA associates come to mind. I wonder if this particular tag no. was ever traced down. It might be worthwile to know how was "traveling north on Harry Hines at a high rate of speed" Friday afternoon on 11/22/1963.

Hey guys.

We have covered this one before - it's the one that ended up being registered to a 'James Cecil Bradley' who claimed that the tag was stolen - and had back-up for that claim. The name 'James Bradley' as I pointed out, being an interesting coincidence, since this same name was apparently used as an alias by both James Dolan and Jim Braden, who were associates.

Side note - lot of tag swapping that day I'll wager.

"The owner of the car and license, James Cecil Bradley, was interviewed by special agents of the FBI on May 14, 1964. At that time Bradley informed the FBI that he owned a 1960 Belair Chevrolet. The color of the car was not given, but Bradley stated that he had never owned a red 1963 Chevrolet Impala. Bradley said that in August or September 1963 his 1963 license plate was stolen from he car as it was parked overnight with a flat tire on Highway 80 between Swainsboro and Twin City, Ga. Bradley stated that he reported the theft to law officers in Twin City and Swainsboro."

The Assassinations Committee report also found: (1) Bradley's statement that his car tag had been stolen was confirmed in an FBI interview by a friend who helped to repair the flat tire; (2) official records confirmed that Bradley had reported his tag as stolen; and (3) the tag later stolen was originally issued to Bradley on Mar. 28, 1963. The Committee was unable to determine who stole the tag or who was in the fleeing Chevrolet.

But I went back to the suspicious vehicles thread and reread one of Steve Thomas' posts that I don't think we fully worked out - and it should be posted again here. Is it possible that there is an answer earlier on in the dispatch reports? A 1964 Falcon?

Based on the timing of the dispatches, I believe the person being described below is Lonnie Ray Wright:

At 1:12 # 243 calls in on Channel 2. #243 is Patrolman B. L. Apple

"I'm down here with this three wheeler at the dead-end of Laurels (sic) and he has got black hair. He is 42 years old and got a light colored jacket on and he is pretty drunk but he has been walking down these railroad tracks. Do you want me to take him up there or what do you want me to do with him?"

Along the lines of suspicious vehicles, I have always found these exchanges intriguing:

According to CE 1974 at 23H885, at approximately 2:20PM, Unit 474A (which is only identified as the Special Services Bureau) is dispatched to pick up a "subject on this overpass, carrying a rifle; railroad tracks, Cobb Stadium." 474A was asked if he could see the subject. 474A said no, but that they would go over and get him.

At 2:23, Unit 22 (Patrolman L.L. Hill) was dispatched to go out to Cobb Stadium on the railroad track overpass and meet 474A at the railroad tracks. "There is a white male carrying a rifle" (23H886)

At 2:26, unit 562 (a wrecker) radioed in and said that he was at Cobb stadium "for that suspect's car" (23H887). The Dispatcher told the wrecker to wait there, that 474A will "be back in a minute".

At 2:27, Unit 52(unknown) radioed in and asked if the T.C. Cobb Stadium was on the Hines Blvd overpass, the railroad overpass, or the freeway overpass and asked which direction the suspect was walking. The Dispatcher's response was garbled, but said he didn't know about the direction. (23H887)

At 2:28 Patrolman Hill reported that he was with the wrecker at Cobb Stadium and Unit 474A was ordered to go there. (23H887)

474A radios in and says, "The car that we want picked up is on the parking lot if front of the Merchandise Mart just north of Cobb Stadium."

22 asks if it is a 1964 Falcon. 474A says, "No. It is a red panel truck with writing on the side... license plate 3E9087. (23H888)

The time on Elrod's Arrest Record is given as 2:45 pm.

As early as 2:03 PM, Unit 474A was calling for a wrecker. "We need a wrecker on the parking lot just west of Cobb's stadium for suspect's car." (23H881)

At 2:26, unit 562 (a wrecker) radioed in and said that he was at Cobb stadium "for that suspect's car" (23H887). The Dispatcher told the wrecker to wait there, that 474A will "be back in a minute".

What suspect was that? At 2:03 unit 474A is looking to pick up a "suspect's" car, but 474A wasn't dispatched to pick up the suspect walking on the railroad tracks until 2:20 PM. (23H885)

There follows as series of transmissions from 474A looking for Deputy Chief M.W. Stevenson and Lieutenant C.C. Wallace.

Steve Thomas

bump

Thanks Robert, I was looking for this thread.

BK

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You folks sure have put together some interesting information on Vaganov. In the fall of 1966, Vince Salandria and I got interested in him because he came from Philadelphia. I did some digging about him when I was in Dallas that fall. I think I still have a photo of Vaganov driving some beaty queen in a Pennsylvania parade. The car is a Thunderbird convertible. At some time, Agent Lewis of the Media FBI office did a number of interviews with respect to Vaganov and the Kennedy assassination. These interviews were in the initial files opened by the Commission back in the mid-60s. They may have been in CD-5.

Why? It piqued my interest too. I searched the pages of this topic for another mention. I'm curious about the reason.

The Esquire article states that Benavides told Berendt that the red car had a white top. Vaganov's Thunderbird was a red convertible with a white top. Benavides then added that he was not sure that the car was a Ford. No year is listed for the Thunderbird. However, when Vaganov left Philadelphia for Dallas he still owed $3,309.02 for the vehicle.

I get the thunderbird bit but I read it as first came an interest by Josiah and Vince (why?) then comes a finding but is that what they turned to Philly to look for?

Ok that's interesting too (the whole topic is, I only just started to read it) but it doesn't explain the ''beacuse of Philadelphia'' bit in Josiah's post. I have vague reasons for a wish to know more about that particular. It may lead to other q's and a's that may prove interesting. Why not Florida, or California, why does Philadephia raise a flag?

All right. Thank's Lee for taking the time to answer.

Anyway all the stuff you've been posting here has been very interesting to read.

• 3 years later...

Recently on another thread, I said I believed that “Igor Vladimirs Vaganov” was a name created by Richard Case Nagell - a name he made up for one of the three primary members of his “ICO” group. “ICO” stands for “Igor, Case, and, Oswald”, and as with Richard Nagell, the person that morphed into Igor Vladimirs Vaganov was also a world-class anagrammer. Working inside the Ferrie/Banister/Hoover cabal, ICO’s goal was to both sabotage the upcoming assassination attempt, and to embed their decodable anagram puzzles in all their activities .

“IGOR VLADIMIRS VAGANOV” anagrams to:

“R’S VIVID ANAGRAM LOGO: IV”

“IV” appears to be a triple entendre: It's Igor Vaganov’s initials, and it's the Roman numeral “4”. The number “4” translates to the letter “E” (footnote #3), and "E" is ICO’s puzzle-term for the assassination ("E" apparently stands for Edgar). Also, ICO uses a unique binary code system where puzzle discourse, such as the anagram above, gets decoded “4” times; backwards, forwards, and both keys are in use.

ICO’s binary code system was built into ICO's puzzle system so that one could "verify" one's anagram answers. “R’S VIVID ANAGRAM LOGO: IV” decodes and anagrams to (footnote #1):

“VERIFIER: J/W X J”

"X" means to kill, and the last “J” is likely John Kennedy. “J/W” appears to clear up when we decode “VERIFIER: J/W X J” (#2):

“JE, MEW”

According to my reading of the ICO puzzles, J Edgar was the driving force behind the assassination, and Mac E Wallace was his main trigger man. If this is true, Wallace was a very interesting choice for Hoover to make.

To me, the name “IGOR VLADIMIRS VAGANOV” looked like an anagrammer’s worst nightmare, and I’d been avoiding it for years. There are a few more anagrams that come out of this incredibly well-crafted tangle of letters, and I will post them here soon.

Tom

Footnote #1 - decode “R’S VIVID ANAGRAM LOGO: IV”:

RSVIVI DANAGR AMLOGO = 101010 101001 001000, and, 010101 010110 110111, plus tags IV

Yield: ERFIXIV

VIOGOL MARGAN ADIVIV = 100001 001001 010101, and, 011110 110110 101010, plus tags SR

Yield: JJWESR. Total yield: ERFIXIVJJWESR

Footnote #1 - decode: “VERIFIER: J/W X J”:

VERIFI ERJWXJ = 101010 011011, and, 010101 100100

Yield: EM

JXWJRE IFIREV = 110110 010101, and, 001001 101010

Yield: JWE. Total yield: EMJWE

Footnote #3 - Number/Letter translation device:

(A=0)(B=1)(C=2)(D=3)(E=4)(F=5)(G=6)(H=7)(I=8)(J=9)(K=10)(L=11)(M=12)(N=13)(O=14)(P=15)(Q=16)(R=17)(S=18)(T=19)(U=20)(V=21)(W=22)(X=23)(Y=24)(Z=25)

Edited by Tom Hume

A question for researchers: Has anyone run across the name below?

“DONALD LEON WEST”

I have been seeing references to this name, or shortened versions of it, in the ICO puzzles for a while, and I've not known what to make of them. According to my reading of some recent puzzle information, it was an important name used by Igor Vaganov. I believe "Igor Vladimirs Vaganov" is a creation of Richard Nagell, and suspect "Donald Leon West" is too.

In my next post, as in my previous, I will be continuing to explore the hypothesis that “Igor Vladimirs Vaganov” is an ICO created alias and puzzle.

Tom

Edited by Tom Hume

Here is another anagram of “IGOR VLADIMIRS VAGANOV”:

“IVV IN A ‘ARVIDS’ LOGOGRAM:

The word “ARVIDS” is the fourth “Logogram” on the “Vaganov Note” below:

EL6-6111

E. STRAZDS

353-1539

ARVIDS

JZAKS

On the original note, there was supposedly a dash over the top of the “I” in “ARVIDS”, and two dots over the top of the “J” in “JZAKS”. The half King of Spades associated with the note also had two small punctures at the top similar to staple holes. These traits do not appear to conform to linguistic I-mutation symbols, and are probably Morse Code. A “dash” in Morse Code is “T”, and two “dots” is “I” - more about this in a moment.

Since this is a puzzle, it’s reasonable to add the Morse Code “T” to “ARVIDS”, and “ARVIDS + T” anagrams to:

“V’S TRIAD”

Vaganov’s allegiance was to his “ICO” group (Igor, Case, Oswald), and this might be the meaning of “V’S TRIAD”. ICO's method for us to satisfy ourselves that we've found their intended anagram, is their 6-bit binary code. “V’S TRIAD” decodes and anagrams to (footnote #1):

“V 3: ICO”

And I feel satisfied (The number/letter translation device is in footnote #2).

Since we are using ICO’s 6-bit binary code and our last answer was only five letters, we are finished with “ARVIDS” for now.

The half King of Spades with the two small staple-like holes at the top is part of the total Vaganov Note puzzle. I made this argument in post #18, here:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=22732&page=2

It appears to me that the three Morse Code letter-symbols, “I, I, T,” are meant to work together. They translate to the numbers “88-19”, and it’s common for an ICO puzzle answer to direct one to the “88” puzzles in Oswald’s Historic Diary. The complete list can be found in post #14, here:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=20276&hl=%22the+oswald+code%22

We are concerned with Historic Diary “88-19”, which is:

“(2 hours)”

Many puzzle answers tell the solver that the Historic Diary puzzles require heavy use of ICO’s “DT” (“Double Talk”) cipher shown below:

A..B..C..D..E..F..G..H..I..J..K..L..M..N..O..P..Q..R..S..T..U..V..W..X..Y..Z

K..L..M..N..O.P..Q..R..S.T.U..V..W..X..Y...Z..A..B..C..D..E..F..G...H..I...J

Once we translate the “2” in “2 hours” to a “C”, and apply the puzzle to the "DT" cipher, we have:

“C HOURS + M RYEBC”, and two pertinent anagrams emerge:

“C-27...EMBRIO 20”, and,

“C-27...ROME IB 20”

(The word "ROME" has a double meaning, and I'll talk about this in the next post)

“Igor Vladimirs Vaganov” is 20 letters, and since the ICO puzzles refer to Igor as ”Baganov” just as often as “Vaganov”, these two anagram answers appear to indicate that with a little puzzle solving on the name “IGOR VLADIMIRS BAGANOV”, there should be a “C-2766” puzzle in the offing.

Please notice what has just happened: An intended anagram of "Igor Vladimirs Vaganov", sent us to the Vaganov Note, which sent us to Oswald’s Historic Diary, which sent us back to "Igor Vladimirs Baganov" for additional work.

As near as I can tell, everything in the ICO puzzle system connects, and this simply doesn’t happen with ordinary discourse.

Tom

Footnote #1 - Decoding “V’S TRIAD”

VSTRIA = 101100, and, 010011, plus tag D

Yield: DC

DAIRTS = 100110, and, 011001, plus tag V

Yield: VIO. Total yield: DCVIO anagram: “V 3, ICO”

Footnote #2 - Number/Letter translation device:

(A=0)(B=1)(C=2)(D=3)(E=4)(F=5)(G=6)(H=7)(I=8)(J=9)(K=10)(L=11)(M=12)(N=13)(O=14)(P=15)(Q=16)(R=17)(S=18)(T=19)(U=20)(V=21)(W=22)(X=23)(Y=24)(Z=25)

Edited by Tom Hume

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Here’s another interesting anagram of “IGOR VLADIMIRS VAGANOV”:

“A LO DRIVING ORGASM, A IVV”

This one serving to explain, I would guess, who test drove the red Mercury Comet at the Downtown Lincoln-Mercury "driving orgasm".

My reading of the “ICO” puzzles leads me to believe that the name “IGOR VLADIMIRS VAGANOV” was a creation of Richard Case Nagell. “ICO” stands for “Igor”, “Case”, “Oswald”, and this trio led by Richard Nagell was apparently trying to prevent the assassination and at the same time, telling us about their exploits in decodable anagram puzzles.

The anagram of “IGOR VLADIMIRS VAGANOV” above can be added to my work-in-progress list contained in the last three posts on this thread.

(1) “R’S VIVID ANAGRAM LOGO: IV”

(2) “MR VV RAN SILVIA ODIO GAG”

(3) "IVV IN A 'ARVIDS' LOGOGRAM"

(4) “A LO DRIVING ORGASM, A IVV”

Number 3 above is referring to the fourth "Logogram" in the "Vaganov Note" below:

EL6-6111

E. STRAZDS

353-1539

ARVIDS

JZAKS

Here are a couple of anagrams of a “real” name for the Harvey and Lee folks. "LEE HARVEY OSWALD” anagrams to:

“LEE ALWAYS DROVE. H”

and,

“H LEE ALWAYS RODE. V”

The reason Lee had Wesley Frazier take him to work that fateful day could well have been another "heads-up" for us to eventually notice. "Lee Harvey Oswald" also anagrams to:

"A WESLEY DROVE A LH"

But the main reason that Marina’s husband appeared to not drive may have been that an anagram of Richard’s name had required some puzzle-to-reality continuity. “Richard Case Nagell” anagrams to:

“L CAR SILENCED - AARGH”

And Richard might have pulled another car stunt, arranging for the display of a Nash Rambler on assassination day, and later at the University of Texas at Austin. “Richard Case Nagell” anagrams to:

“GALLERIED NASH CAR. C”

And finally, here’s a bonus anagram unrelated to driving; “ALEK JAMES HIDELL” anagrams to:

“A J.E.H. DEAL KILLS ME”

Tom
Edited by Tom Hume

• 4 weeks later...

In my last post, I began making a list of interesting, pertinent, and, I submit, intentional anagrams that emerge using all the letters in the name, “IGOR VLADIMIRS VAGANOV”. At the beginning of the post, I wrote:

My reading of the “ICO” puzzles leads me to believe that the name “IGOR VLADIMIRS VAGANOV” was a creation of Richard Case Nagell. “ICO” stands for “Igor”, “Case”, “Oswald”, and this trio led by Richard Nagell was apparently trying to prevent the assassination and at the same time, telling us about their exploits in decodable anagram puzzles.

In this post I will be adding two more anagrams to the list, but first, here’s the list of “IGOR VLADIMIRS VAGANOV” anagrams from the last post:

Number 3 above is referring to the fourth "Logogram" in the "Vaganov Note" below:

EL6-6111

E. STRAZDS

353-1539

ARVIDS

JZAKS

Anagram #3 above required an explanation, and that will also be the case with the two anagrams I’m adding today. Recently, I posted these two new anagrams on another thread, and what follows is a short variation of that post:

I’ve found two more interesting anagrams of “IGOR VLADIMIRS VAGANOV”, and these two anagrams go hand-in-hand. In one simple step, the second anagram will elegantly puzzle out to the serial number of the Italian Carcano, “C-2766”.

In many of my posts over the past few months, I’ve stated my opinion that the name “IGOR VLADIMIRS VAGANOV” was a puzzle fabrication of Richard Case Nagell, and that Richard also fabricated/modified the Carcano, “C-2766”, a “Ringer” to be substituted on assassination day for the Klein’s rifle matching Hoover’s carefully laid paper-trail.

“IGOR VLADIMIRS VAGANOV” anagrams to:

“MR VV, A GOOD IRVING ALIAS”

And the complementing anagram of “IGOR VLADIMIRS VAGANOV” is:

“IRVING’S VV. GO DIAL ‘A ROMA’”

“ROMA” is another name for “ROME”, and when we "DIAL 'A ROMA'” on the telephone as instructed by the puzzle, we are dialing the numbers, “2766 2”, and the last digit, “2”, translates to the letter “C” (the number/letter translation chart is in footnote #1). Our final anagram, then, becomes:

“IRVING’S C-2766. VV”

This set of two anagrams is certainly one of the most simple and ingenious puzzles I’ve found in ICO’s huge collection. The puzzle answer above, “IRVING’S C-2766. VV”, continues to decode using ICO’s 6-bit binary code method, and I’ll do the first step of decoding in footnote #2.

New List of "Igor Vladimirs Vaganov" anagrams:

(5) “MR VV, A GOOD IRVING ALIAS”

(6) “IRVING’S VV. GO DIAL ‘A ROMA’” ( = “IRVING’S C-2766. VV”)

Arrivederci Roma,

Tom

Footnote #1 - letter/number translation device

Footnote #2 - first decoding of “IRVING’S C-2766. VV”

IRVING SCCHGG = 011010 000100, and, 100101 111011, plus tags VV

Yield: ANDNEVV

VVGGHC CSGNIV = 110010 000101, and, 001101 111010, plus tags RI

Yield: RISF. Total yield: ANDNEVVRISF.

Anagrams made from the above decoding result:

(1) “VV ENSNARE DF” (“DF” is “David Ferrie”)

(2) “ANNE D IS VV RF” (“Anne D” is “Anne Dulin”, Igor’s new 18 year old wife, and the ubiquitous puzzle term "RF" stands for "RAT F__K")

Note: The second puzzle anagram is topically related to an anagram of “LEE HARVEY OSWALD:

“V WHEEL A 18 YEAR OLD”

Edited by Tom Hume

• 1 year later...
On 7/28/2017 at 7:39 PM, Jim Hargrove said:

Tom,

I know you’re interested in Igor Vaganov.  I was going through the John Armstrong online collection at Baylor and accidentally came across a lengthy article about Vaganov by John Berendt.  Have you read it?  Here’s the link:

http://digitalcollections.baylor.edu/cdm/compoundobject/collection/po-arm/id/28787/rec/5

Easiest way to read it is to click the “Download” button toward the top right of the page and save it to your local machine.

I did not see this Esquire article in this thread. It is a good read, but a poor copy.