The Education Forum

George De Mohrenschildt

TO GET A REAL HANDLE ON GEORGE DEMOHRENSCHILT, YOU MUST READ HIS MANUSCRIPT "I'M A PATSY! I'M A PATSY!" - PUBLISHED AS PART OF THE HSCA RECORDS.

BK

Here is the link: http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/jfkinfo4/jfk12/hscapatsy.htm

Once again, McAdams to the rescue.

Raymond,

This monitor mists from your applied irony. Well done.

JG

Raymond, and JG,

McAdams is a sham, and his site should not be seriously quoted. While his version of DeMornschildt's manuscript might be easier to read and scan, it's incomplete and leaves out the best and most significant parts (ie. LHO meeting Adml. Bruton), though I find his "cop d'etat" quite ironic.

While it might take longer to read and turn the pages, Bradford's Mary Ferrel Site has the complete manuscript posted as well as the rest of the relevant reports under the HSCA docs, Vol. XII, p. 69 +

DeMornschildt: “As I mentioned before, Lee did not like Marine Corps and considered it racist and segregationist."Do you know that President Truman wanted to abolish this Marine Corps and I would agree with him on that. "Lee did not like any militarists, Russian or American, he thought that some day there could be a "cop d'etat" in this country organized by the Pentagon and that the country would become a militaristic, nazi-type, dictatorship”

Another aspect of DeMorn's life that is under researched is his early work for Bill Buckley's family oil firm, and his establishment of the Cystic Fibrosis Society of Dallas, with its unstated Philly Quaker connections.

Of course McAdams the clown, wouldn't tell you or know anything about that.

The ironies compound themselves.

BK

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Adamson's site I found references to Filmmaker Michael Moore, and references to filmstar Roger Moore, but no reference to CIA man J. Walton Moore, who was DeMohrenschildts primary government contact during the time of DeM's contact with Lee Oswald.

At $23 a pop, Is this guy Adamson operating a racket aimed at fleecing gullible people?

Adamson's website devotes one page specifically to George de Mohrenschildt. There are no references there to Michael or Roger Moore.

From page 33 of Oswald's Closest Friend: The George De Mohrenschildt Story:

(Billy Joe) Lord's feelings were justified for his apartment had been broken into and because Epstein was able to secure interviews with Deputy Director James Jesus Angleton and
James Walton Moore
who were both CIA agents. When it is common knowledge that the CIA does not give interviews to hostile writers.

George Bush gave a statement to the CIA on April 5, 1977 on de Mohrenschildt's suicide in paragraphs 6 & 7 and in paragraph 8 there was (sic) comments on an interview with former CIA agent
James Walton Moore's
meetings with the writers of Reader's Digest. This document appears later on in the Bush chapter.

J. Walton Moore
was the handball partner of Colonel L. Orlov, who was with de Mohrenschildt at the time they met Lee Harvey Oswald for the first time....

From Fletcher Prouty:

"I was the Chief of Special Operations for the Joint Chiefs of Staff at the time of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. As an active duty U.S. Marine on duty with a CIA operation, Lee Harvey Oswald was a member of a global military support project I managed. I had been in the Pentagon for nine years at that time in charge of this military support activity, and knew countless officials in the highest echelons of the Government---many of them CIA officials from Allen Dulles on down.

Since those years I have met a number of researchers and authors who have dedicated themselves to this Crime of the Century. Among these hundreds of writers few, if any, have given more of their time, and of their experience to the valuable research of the life and times of George de Mohrenschildt, the man who was one of Lee Harvey Oswald's closest friends in Dallas before the assassination.

This story, in full scope, has never been told adequately. Bruce Campbell Adamson has done that with his new and most valuable book, "Oswald's Closest Friend: The George De Mohrenschildt Story."

Evidently, Prouty did not regard Adamson's research as a racket, fleecing gullible people. And anyone that has followed this case over the last four decades knows that self-publishing books on the Kennedy murder is not exactly a pathway to easy money.

Why does it so often hold true that the most vociferous critics of an author are not even familiar with their work?

Why does it so often hold true that the most vociferous critics of an author are not even familiar with their work?

From what I have seen, only a complete sucker would shell out good money for Adamson's bullxxxx. If the shoe fits Michael Hogan, that's his problem.

From what I have seen, only a complete sucker would shell out good money for Adamson's bullxxxx. If the shoe fits Michael Hogan, that's his problem.

True to form. Uniformed, wrong and nasty.

just like Garrison's disaster, it possible to find a seed of truth among the manure. Thumper's Mother said it best, "If you can't saything nice, don't say anything at all".

why there is such rancor is beyond me and I was a Detroit Cop for 20yrs!

While it might take longer to read and turn the pages, Bradford's Mary Ferrel Site has the complete manuscript posted as well as the rest of the relevant reports under the HSCA docs, Vol. XII, p. 69 +

BK

Thank you very much for pointing out the discrepancy between McAdams version and the HSCA true version.

I am SHOCKED, SHOCKED to hear that Professor McAdams is corrupting the youth with misinformation.

• 1 year later...

There is some good information on George de Mohrenschildt in Russ Baker's book, Family Secrets. He points out that on 11th May, 1978, Jeanne de Mohrenschildt gave an interview to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, where she said that she did not accept that her husband had committed suicide. She also said that she believed Lee Harvey Oswald was an agent of the United States, possibly of the CIA, and that she was convinced he did not kill John F. Kennedy. She then went onto say: "They may get me too, but I'm not afraid... It's about time somebody looked into this thing."

There is some good information on George de Mohrenschildt in Russ Baker's book, Family Secrets. He points out that on 11th May, 1978, Jeanne de Mohrenschildt gave an interview to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, where she said that she did not accept that her husband had committed suicide. She also said that she believed Lee Harvey Oswald was an agent of the United States, possibly of the CIA, and that she was convinced he did not kill John F. Kennedy. She then went onto say: "They may get me too, but I'm not afraid... It's about time somebody looked into this thing."

In response to this thread:

• First, Adamson is a great researcher, but not a great writer. He has numerous volumes of self-published manuscripts for sale, which I purchased 8 or 9 years ago, that are loaded with information--much of it overlapping and poorly edited. But it was thorough, boldly acquired by him from interviews, requests for documents and all sorts of research that necessitated travel and other expenses most of us don't have the time or inclination to pursue. The caveat is: Don't expect flowing prose from Adamson; just the facts, ma'am. It was ground-breaking work that many have relied upon, whether they give him credit or not. (It's sort of like the LaRouche research in that sense.)

• Second, Russ Baker brings out many, many details about George and Jeanne DeMohrenschildt too numerous to go into here.

1. One is the fact that George DeM.'s brother Dimitry was married to the mother of George Bush's roommate, Edward Hooker--who became George DeM's partner in oil business in Colorado (Adamson originally dug up this information in his research).

2. Edward Hooker introduced George DeM to his wife, Lynn Sharples, who was very connected to Philadelphia social set and to the Sharples oil family.

3. Edward Hooker died young after financing George DeM in Colorado oil ventures; years later when his daughter married, Hooker's widow got George H.W. Bush to give their daughter away at the wedding to Ames Braga, son of one of the wealthiest sugar families living in New York--Rionda Braga company based in Cuba.

George_HW_gives_away_Hooker__s_daughter.pdf

In response to this thread:

• First, Adamson is a great researcher, but not a great writer. He has numerous volumes of self-published manuscripts for sale, which I purchased 8 or 9 years ago, that are loaded with information--much of it overlapping and poorly edited. But it was thorough, boldly acquired by him from interviews, requests for documents and all sorts of research that necessitated travel and other expenses most of us don't have the time or inclination to pursue. The caveat is: Don't expect flowing prose from Adamson; just the facts, ma'am. It was ground-breaking work that many have relied upon, whether they give him credit or not. (It's sort of like the LaRouche research in that sense.)

• Second, Russ Baker brings out many, many details about George and Jeanne DeMohrenschildt too numerous to go into here.

1. One is the fact that George DeM.'s brother Dimitry was married to the mother of George Bush's roommate, Edward Hooker--who became George DeM's partner in oil business in Colorado (Adamson originally dug up this information in his research).

2. Edward Hooker introduced George DeM to his wife, Lynn Sharples, who was very connected to Philadelphia social set and to the Sharples oil family.

3. Edward Hooker died young after financing George DeM in Colorado oil ventures; years later when his daughter married, Hooker's widow got George H.W. Bush to give their daughter away at the wedding to Ames Braga, son of one of the wealthiest sugar families living in New York--Rionda Braga company based in Cuba.

George_HW_gives_away_Hooker__s_daughter.pdf

Dr. De De Lynn Sharples is currently a Truste of Temple University, where Joan Mellen teaches, though she lives in Florida.

Has anybody tried to interview her?

Is she mentioned in Baker's book? (Must get it)

Thanks,

BK

An interesting passage from Dick Russell's article published in New Times Magazine (24th June, 1977):

Like Fitzgerald's Gatsby, Baron George Sergei de Mohrenschildt was borne back ceaselessly into the past. In June 1976, a sultry day in Dallas, he had stood gazing out the picture window of his second-story apartment, talking casually about a young man who used to curl up on the couch with the Baron's Great Danes.

"No matter what they say, Lee Harvey Oswald was a delightful guy," de Mohrenschildt was saying. "They make a moron out of him, but he was smart as hell. Ahead of his time really, a kind of hippie of those days. In fact, he was the most honest man I knew. And I will tell you this - I am sure he did not shoot the president."

Nine months later, on March 29, one hour after an investigator for the House Assassinations Committee left a calling-card with his daughter, the Baron apparently put a shotgun to his head in Palm Beach, Florida. In his absence came forward a Dutch journalist and longtime acquaintance, Willem Oltmans, with the sensational allegation that de Mohrenschildt had admitted serving as a middleman between Oswald and H. L. Hunt in an assassination plot involving other Texas oilmen, anti-Castro Cubans, and elements of the FBI and CIA.

But how credible was de Mohrenschildt? As an old friend in Dallas' Russian community, George Bouhe, once put it: "He's better equipped than anybody to talk. But we have an old Russian proverb that will always apply to George de Mohrenschildt: "The soul of the other person is in the darkness."'

Intrigue and oil were the two constants in the Baron's life. He was an emigrant son of the Czarist nobility who spoke five languages fluently and who, during the Second World War, was rumored to have spied for the French, Germans, Soviets and Latin Americans (the CIAs predecessor, the OSS, turned down his application). After the war, he went on to perform geological surveys for major U.S. oil companies all over South America, Europe and parts of Africa. He became acquainted with certain of Texas' more influential citizens - oilman John Mecom, construction magnates George and Herman Brown. In Mexico, he gained audience in 1960 with Soviet First Deputy Premier Anastas Mikoyan. In 1961 he was present in Guatemala City - by his account, on a "walking tour" - when the Bay of Pigs troops set out for Cuba.

Finally, when Lee and Marina Oswald returned to Texas from the Soviet Union in June 1962, the Baron soon became their closest friend. Why? Why would a member of the exclusive Dallas Petroleum Club take under his wing a Trotsky-talking sheet-metal worker some 30 years his junior?

The Warren Commission took 118 pages of his testimony to satisfy itself of de Mohrenschildt's benign intent, but among critics the question persisted: Was the Baron really "baby-sitting" Oswald for the CIA? While de Mohrenschildt told the commission he'd never served as any government's agent "in any respect whatsoever," a CIA file for the commission, declassified in 1976, admits having used him as a source. In the course of several meetings with a man from its Dallas office upon de Mohrenschildt's return from Yugoslavia late in 1957, "the CIA representative obtained foreign intelligence which was promptly disseminated to other federal agencies in ten separate reports."The Dallas official, according to the file, maintained "informal occasional contact" with the Baron until the fall of 1961.

The Warren Commission volumes, however, contain only passing reference in de Mohrenschildt's testimony to a government man named "G. Walter Moore." His true name was J. Walton Moore, and he had served the CIA in Dallas since its inception in 1947.

In two brief, cryptic interviews with me in the 18 months before his death, de Mohrenschildt claimed he would not have struck up his relationship with Oswald "if Jim Moore hadn't told me Oswald was safe." The Baron wouldn't elaborate on that statement, except to hint that it constituted some kind of clearance.

J. Walton Moore is now a tall, white-haired man in his middle sixties, who continues to operate out of Dallas' small CIA office. Questioned at his home one summer evening in 1976 about de Mohrenschildt's remarks, he conceded knowing the Baron as a "pleasant sort of fellow" who provided "some decent information" after a trip to Yugoslavia. "To the best of my recollection, I hadn't seen de Mohrenschildt for a couple of years before the assassination," Moore added. "I don't know where George got the idea that I cleared Oswald for him. I never met Oswald. I never heard his name before the assassination."

For sure, the CIA did maintain an interest in de Mohrenschildt at least through April 1963. That month, Oswald left Texas for New Orleans and de Mohrenschildt prepared to depart for a lucrative geological survey contract in Haiti. On April 29, according to a CIA Office of Security file, also declassified in 1976, "[Deleted] Case Officer had requested an expedite check of GEORGE DE MOHRENSCHILDT for reasons unknown to Security."

There is one alleged ex-CIA contract employee, now working for an oil company in Los Angeles, prepared to testify that de Mohrenschildt was the overseer of an aborted CIA plot to overthrow Haitian President Francois ("Papa Doc") Duvalier in June 1963. The existence of such a plot was examined, but apparently couldn't be substantiated, by the Church Committee. Herb Atkin is sure the plot did exist.

"I knew de Mohrenschildt as Philip Harbin," Atkin said when contacted by telephone a few days after the Baron's suicide. "A lot of people in Washington have claimed that Harbin did not exist. But he's the one that ran me from the late fifties onward. I'm certain that de Mohrenschildt was my case officer's real name."

If so, the Harbin alias may have a readily identifiable origin. De Mohrenschildt's fourth wife, Jeanna, was born in Harbin, China.

One summer day in 1976, still in her bathrobe, she sat at a dining room table cluttered with plants and dishes and watched her husband begin to pace the floor. "Of course, the truth of the assassination has not come out," she said. "It will never come out. But we know it was a vast conspiracy."

The Baron turned to face her. "Oswald," he said, "was a harmless lunatic."

At our first interview, I had asked de Mohrenschildt what he knew about the recurring reports of Oswald in the presence of Cubans. He had nodded agreement. "Oswald probably did not know himself who they were," he replied. "I myself was in a little bit of danger from those Cubans, but I don't know who they are. Criminal lunatics."When I broached the subject now in the presence of his wife, de Mohrenschildt said something to her in Russian. She then answered for him: "That's a different story. But one must examine the anti-Castro motive of the time. After the Bay of Pigs."

A few months later, de Mohrenschildt was committed by his wife to the psychiatric unit of Parkland Memorial Hospital. There were rumors of a book naming CIA names in connection with Oswald, squirreled away with his wife's attorney. According to journalist Oltmans, upon leaving the hospital de Mohrenschildt told him: "They're going to kill me or put me away forever. You've got to get me out of the country." In March, the Baron took a leave-of-absence from his French professorship at Dallas' virtually all-black Bishop College. He flew with Oltmans to Belgium, wandered away during lunch, and wound up in Florida at his daughter's home. There, a tape machine being used to transcribe a television program is said to have recorded his suicide.

An interesting passage from Dick Russell's article published in New Times Magazine (24th June, 1977):

...There is one alleged ex-CIA contract employee, now working for an oil company in Los Angeles, prepared to testify that de Mohrenschildt was the overseer of an aborted CIA plot to overthrow Haitian President Francois ("Papa Doc") Duvalier in June 1963. The existence of such a plot was examined, but apparently couldn't be substantiated, by the Church Committee. Herb Atkin is sure the plot did exist.

"I knew de Mohrenschildt as Philip Harbin," Atkin said when contacted by telephone a few days after the Baron's suicide. "A lot of people in Washington have claimed that Harbin did not exist. But he's the one that ran me from the late fifties onward. I'm certain that de Mohrenschildt was my case officer's real name."

If so, the Harbin alias may have a readily identifiable origin. De Mohrenschildt's fourth wife, Jeanna, was born in Harbin, China.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...bsPageId=377899

HORTON, PHILIP C. (MEMO ON PROCEDURES FOR DETERMINING IF HERBERT ITKIN WAS RECRUITED)

The above document refers to a "Philip Harbin."

The name was given by Herbert Itkin, who said Harbin recruited him in Philadelphia in 1954 to work with GOLIATH. The document was prepared by Keough at CIA for Special Agent in Charge in November 1968.

If we do a search on GOLIATH, here's one document that comes up:

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...bsPageId=494384

William D. Pawley

Also:

Oswald and the CIA pg 253, by Newman, John (1995)

Hemming's statement "that he was a GOLIATH agent who was on a training mission in connection with an assignment aimed at Cuba... Subsequently this matter was brought to the attention of the...

According to Ferrell, Itkin was a NY attorney for FBI in a case in 1968, in which he was eventually indicted. He registered as a foreign agent representing the Dominican Republic and worked on a bond issue for a Haitian-born man in Florida named Robert Deschamps.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...bsPageId=484938

Robert Deschamps is mentioned also here:

And We Are All Mortal pg 188, by Evica, George Michael (1978)

CHAPTER 14 ,,.to negotiate on behalf of the Dominican Republic and a bank or brokerage company in the United States [called Westrade, Inc.] a bond issue of $35,000,000 to extend over a period of 15 years Robert Deschamps

In June 1964 the CIA wrote about a plot by Haitian refugees to overthrow Francois Duvalier:

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=2

Chapter 19 of your book is an article about George de Mohrenschildt that first appeared in New Times Magazine. You mention Willem Oltmans’ claim that de Mohrenschildt “served as a middleman between Lee Harvey Oswald and H.L. Hunt in an assassination plot involving other Texas oilman, anti-Castro Cubans, and elements of the FBI and CIA.”

In the article you write about two interviews with de Mohrenschildt in 1976. Did he give you any names of people involved in the plot? Did you have any contact with Willem Oltmans? Some people have argued that he might have been working for the intelligence services. George de Mohrenschildt seems to have lost confidence in him and appears to have believed he was being set-up in Amsterdam. However, he does seem to have had a good record of pursuing unpopular causes. It is also significant that in 2000 Oltmans won his legal case against the Dutch government. The jury agreed that the government conspired to keep him out of work, for which it had to pay him 8 million guilders in damages.

Unfortunately deMohrenschildt was not very forthcoming during our interviews, although his wife Jeanna said "Of course we know it was a vast conspiracy," at which point George told her to shut up. (Or maybe it was the other way around, but I think I told the story in my first book). As I recall, I tried to track down Oltmans at the time but either couldn't do it, or he didn't want to be interviewed. (My memory is a bit reluctant after 30-plus years away from this particular subject).

-" But how credible was de Mohrenschildt? As an old friend in Dallas' Russian community, George Bouhe, once put it: "He's better equipped than anybody to talk. But we have an old Russian proverb that will always apply to George de Mohrenschildt: "The soul of the other person is in the darkness."' "

На во́ре ша́пка гори́т. Чужа́я душа́ – потёмки.

Transliteration: Chuzhaya dusha - potyomki.

Translation: Other person's soul is [in] darkness.

Moral: You can't know for sure what people think.

"He's better equipped than anybody to talk. But we have an old Russian proverb that will always apply to George de Mohrenschildt" : 'You can't know for sure what people think.'

or 'G De M is better equipped than anybody to talk but you can't know for sure what he is thinking?'

• 4 months later...

I should explain why it took me a while to get onto the de Mohrenschildt bandwagon relatively late in the game but some of my recent research has piqued my endless curiousity once again.

The ironic part is that his background and that of most of the other Dallas petroleum geologists circulating in his orbit were "White Russians", ex-Czarists, and supporters of other blatant pro-Fascists, palpable pro-Nazis and those with similar backgrounds and proclivities. My travels actually led me to his fearless leader, Anastase Vonsiatsky, who had his headquarters in Harbin, Manchuria where over 100,000 of their "White Russian" compatriots were living in exile from Communist Russia just waiting for their chance to retake Moscow. Wonder what they ate in Japanese occupied Manchuria as White Russians? Sushi with chopsticks? Szechuan Chinese cuisine with Tsingtao beer chasers? Or Borscht and other delicacies such as Veal Orloff, Beef Stroganoff, Chicken Kiev, and Sharlotka (Charlotte Russe)? Regardless, they thrived and survived for decades in Harbin where the infamous Harbin lead pencils are still made today. Did you ever wonder what the word Harbin meant on your elementary school yellow pencils with the pink eraser? Well wonder no more. It must have been a early mind control plot to control what you wrote. Many of you must be using Harbin pencils today. (just kidding) Some of you have an extended history with Mind Control and Beef Stoganoff it appears. (Not kidding)

The brand new lead regarding Coudert Brothers Law Firm, who ran the "White Russian Rat Lines" from Paris to New York city, and de Mohrenschildt's background in the Baku Oil fields in Russia with not only Branobel Oil Company run by the Nobels of Nobel Peace Price fame but also the Buckley oil interests in Pantapec Oil is what has gotten me interested in Georgie boy once again. Remember that Buckley's father, Wickliffe Draper's uncle George Otis Draper, and Charles Willoughby himself himself all rode in John J. Pershing's cavalry chasing after Pancho Villa into New Mexico after World War I. It was the start of a long standing partnership and a recurring theme: "the revenge of the blue bloods" against upstart foreign renegades and "banditos" who represented countries that tried to appropriate US investments in foreign countries which would last for more almost 100 years and it is still going on today.

There was no OSS, no CIA and no formal Army Intelligence but there always was this internecine relationship between American businessmen and the US Military which came into play whenever these "banditos" started to hit the bluebloods in the pocketbook. Sounds obvious, but it is important to realize the origins of this theme and its eventual maturation into today's incarnation. Read: "War is a Racket." by General Smedley Butler.

Clearly the gist of this posting reveals that Georgie boy was a Reinhard von Gehlen Nazi-boy...

George de Mohrenschildt: Oswald’s “Handler?”

George de Mohrenschildt was born in Moyzr, Russia, to anti-Bolshevik activist Sergius Alexander von Mohrenschildt, on April 17th 1911. After his father was sentenced to a Siberian exile after the Russian Revolution, his family fled to Poland, where George attended a military academy.

In 1938, he migrated to America, and was kept under FBI surveillance due to his Nazi connections: his cousin, the Baron Constantine Maybell, worked directly under Reinhard Gehlen at Abwehr, the massive Nazi intelligence agency that planted agents within America. Gehlen put Maydell in charge of CIA’s Russian émigré program, in which Nazi agents infiltrated Russian organizations in the US. If Counterterrorist stumbles across this, he might have a few interesting things to say about the Abwhr. Furthermore, Mohrenschildt’s wife claimed that he [George] was a Nazi-spy in America. This very well may be true, because in 1941, Mohrenschildt worked at Film Facts, a New York based production company run by Maydell. In this time period, Mohrenschildt attempted to join the OSS but was rejected, and he made a documentary about the Polish Freedom Fighters. Interestingly, his brother, Dimitri von Mohrenschildt, was a member of the OSS, as well as a founder of CIA’s Radio Free Europe and Radio Liberty. The other two founders were Maydell’s employeer, Reinhard Gehlen, and J. Peter Grace, whose has other ties to George. Mohrenschildt in this time also worked for the Shumaker company in New York, under a man named Pierre Fraiss, who maintained a connection with French intelligence forces. He also spent considerable time with the Bouvier family, and of course, Jackie Bouvier was later become Jackie Kennedy.

After getting his petroleum geology degree in 1949, Mohrenschildt took a job in Dallas for Clint Murchinson’s oil company. Murchinson was a friend of J. Edgar Hoover and maintained ties with the Genovese Mafia crime family. He worked for a myriad of oil companies in this time period: Humble Oil, which of course, was run by the Nazi-connected Prescott Bush. The name “George Bush” would later be found in his address book, as well as the number of Bush’s “Zapata Oil”. He had another connection to George Bush: he was the uncle of Edward Gordon Hooker, who was Bush’s roommate at Andover. Mohrenschildt also worked for Nobel Oil, which was owned by John McCloy, who was a consultant to pre-war I.G. Farben, a friend of J. Edgar Hoover, and member of the Warren Commission. He worked for Pantepec Oil, which was run by the Buckley Family. Buckley, of course, founded the Young American’s for Freedom; its membership including Senator Tower, who we saw above allowing Oswald to come back to America with strange ease. Mohrenschildt also befriended William Grace, whose son, J. Peter Grace, worked with Dimitri von Mohrenschildt and Reinhard Gehlen (employer of Maydell) for Radio Europe. Significantly, J. Peter Grace also counted in his friends another Nazi: Frederick Flick, who worked for I.G. Farben. This is three connections to I.G. Farben for Mohrenschildt: Bush, McCloy, and Grace. Flick’s legal consultant was Carl Byvoir, who also represented Howard Hughes. Mohrenschildt is rumoured to have had ties with Hughes, but I’ve yet to confirm it.

In 1959, Mohrenschildnt married Jean LeGon, who worked at a high end fashion store in Dallas called Nardis. The owner of this was Abraham Zapruder. Mohrenschildnt might have met LeGon through Zapruder, as both were members of the Dallas Council on World Affairs, one which both were members. Others members included Clint Murchinson, H.L. Hunt, George Bush, Sarah Hughes (who would later swear in LBJ on Air Force One in Dallas the day of assassination), Mr. Byrds, who was the owner of the Book Depository, and George de Mohrenschildt’s brother, Dimitri von Mohrenschildt. Allegedly, the Dallas Council on World Affairs was sponsored by the CIA, though I’ve yet to confirm this.

In the early 1960s, Mohrenschildt became involved in Murchinson’s interests in Haiti, and became involved in oil transactions with the dictator Papa Doc Duvalier. It was later revealed that this was actually a CIA operation: former CIA agent, Herbert Atkin, revealed that Mohrenschildt’s activities in Haiti was actually a cover for his intelligence gathering operation for the CIA’s attempt to overthrow Duvalier. In May of 1963, he arranged a meeting between Clemard Joseph Charles, who grew hemp in Haiti, and Army Intelligence assistant director Dorothy Matlack. After this meeting, Charles became the primary CIA contact in Haiti. In 1967, he was involved in the CIA/Haitian/Cuban Exiles plot to invade Haiti from Florida, a sort of sequel to the Bay of Pigs. The man in head of this operation was Mitch WerBell, who in WWII, served in the OSS alongside E. Howard Hunt. Mohrenschildt also had connections to the Bay of Pigs incident: in 1961, he traveled to Guatemala City, where the Cuban exiles were planning Bay of Pigs, in 1962, Jerry Hammings placed him at a meeting where assassination plots of Castro were discussed. Mohrenschidt allegedly brought piles of hundred dollar bills to pay assassins.

While he was contracting for the CIA in Haiti, Mohrenschildt was doing other work for the agency. In 1961, he was approached by J. Walter Moore, a CIA agent who worked for the Domestic Contact Service. Moore asked Mohrenschildlt to befriend Lee Harvey Oswald and report back to them on his activities. But given that Oswald was almost certainly an intelligence agent, then would Mohrenschildt have been his handler? After spending two months in Haiti, the Mohrenschildts returned to Dallas and befriended Lee and Marina Oswald. The first day that George met the Oswalds, he was accompanied by Colonel Lawrence Orlov, who had ties himself to the Texas oil world. Mihkail Lebedev, who promoted the idea that the Bornmann network was behind the JFK assassination (it would be nice to have Counterterrorist’s input here too, I might u2u him), connected Orlov to the Clay Shaw/David Ferrie/Guy Banister crowd. The Mohrenschildts introduced the Oswald’s members of the White Russian community, an odd move for a self proclaimed Marxist, and White Russians were anti-Communist to the bone, and frequently tied to Nazism, like George de Mohrenschildt himself. Abraham Zapruder himself was a White Russian, but it is unknown if the Oswalds ever met him. The Mohrenschildts did introduce them to the Paine family, Michael and Ruth. The Oswalds would move in with the Paine’s, and Ruth Paine would get Lee Harvey a job at the Book Depository. The rest is history. Interestingly, the alleged photo of Oswald holding the gun was given to Mohrenschildt, with the note on the back reading “Killer of fascists, ha-ha-ha!”, which Mohrenschildt took to be sarcastic.

The assassination occurred while the Mohrenschildts were in Haiti, but after the assassination, Mohrenschildt returned in 1964 to testify before the Warren Commission. In this year, many of his CIA files were destroyed, and James Jesus Angelton started monitoring his mail. Angelton, it would seem, would later attempt to frame E. Howard Hunt for the assassination, if his theory that Oswald was under Soviet influence didn’t hold water.

Through the 1970s, Mohrenschildt’s behavior became erratic and his mind unstable. He attempted to contact then CIA director George Bush because he felt he was being harassed due to the renewed interest in the JFK case. In 1973, he divorced from Jeanne, but in 1976, she had him placed in a mental hospital. He was hearing voices and having visions, and was convinced that the FBI and Jewish Mafia were persecuting him.

In 1977, he finally unveiled to JFK assassination researcher Edward Jay Epstein that the CIA indeed had asked him to befriend Oswald. During a break in this interview, Mohrenschildt was given a card by investigator Gaeton Fonzi, who wanted him to testify for the House Select Committee on Assassinations. That afternoon, he was found by his daughter, Alexandra, having placed a shotgun in his mouth, and pulled the trigger. This “suicide” is often debated, however, based on the lack of suicide notes, and his wife has promoted the idea that he was killed to prevent him from testifying for the House Select Committee. Edward Jay Epstein also stated that after Mohrenschildt’s death, he was hassled by State Attorney David Bludworth, who was convinced that he had Mohrenschildn’t “black book”.

Again and again, the government had denied Mohrenschildnt’s connections to the intelligence agencies. However, it seems that ever since he came to America, he’s been involved in the world of espionage, either through family connections or employers. But in the 1960s, right at the time he got involved with the Oswalds on behalf of the CIA, he was a CIA asset in Haiti. His connections in the Dallas elite set the whole stage for the assassination: from the Book Depository to, in a weird twist of fate, the Zapruder film.

Obviously the Paines had more in common with Nazis than with a Democracy.... they were John Birchers like Robert Morris and Charles Willoughby...

The Paine Family: The Last Puzzle Piece

Michael Paine was born in 1928, while his future wife was born in 1932. A committed Quaker, Ruth Paine, who would get Oswald the job at the Book Depository, was educated at Swarthmore College, where Michael Paine had transferred to after Harvard. Through a common interest in folk music and dancing, the two met and soon became married. The two moved into a house in Irving, a suburb of Dallas, after Michael took a job at Bell Aviation under ex-Nazi Walter Dorenberger. His job was arranged by his stepfather, Arthur M. Young, who created the essential piece for helicopters, the key rotor stabilizer bar. As we’ll see in a minute, Young has a downright bizarre connection to the intelligence community.

In 1963, Michael Paine moved from their home, though the two maintained a close connection. Within the month, Ruth Paine is introduced to Lee Harvey and Marina Oswald by George de Mohrenschildt. Marina and her daughter quickly moved into the Paine house, while Lee Harvey rented a room in Dallas, but stored things – including one certain rifle – in the Paine garage. Ruth Paine actually took the time to drive Lee Harvey Oswald to New Orleans to join the Free Play for Cuba Committee, which many have indicated was a CIA front connected to the Bay of Pigs fiasco. In the very least, it was being infiltrated by the agency: CIA officer Joseph Smith is quoting saying that he believed that Oswald was part of this infiltration.

There is excellent evidence linking the Paines to the intelligence community – particularly Ruth. Michael’s employer, Walter Dorenberger, was a former Nazi scientist who was connected to the OSS in Operation Paperclip, while his cousin, Thomas Dudley Cabot, was the president of United Fruit, and had offered the CIA their Gibraltar Steamship as a cover for the Bay of Pigs invasion. Another cousin was Alexander Cochrane Forbes, who was a director of United Fruit, Interestingly, the Forbes family got its wealth from the opium trade in China. Bell Helicopter, of course, is closely connected to the intelligence community. Ruth Paine, on the other hand, is named in the Tyree deposition:

Carone also told Tyree that he "had taken money to a female named Ruth Paine in late 1956 on orders from William Casey There is additional evidence linking the Paines to the intelligence community: Roy Frankhauser, an operative for the National Security Council, details at length how the NSC infiltrated far-left groups in America, most notably, the Social Workers Party, or SWP. Frankhauser states that he met two other agents while infiltrating the SWP, Michael and Ruth Paine. Michael and Ruth Paine helped him join a “secret, paramilitary, leftist organization”, the goals of which were “breaking Martin Luther King out of jail”, “killing Alabama sheriff ‘Bull’ Connor”, and “assassinate President Eisenhower”. Furthermore, the SWP attempted to get a man named Steve Roberts elected for governor of California in 1946. In the 1960s, the SWP named this man the head of their new organization: The Fair Play for Cuba Committee. This brings us back to Oswald and Bay of Pigs.[an OSS - CIA operative who was CIA Director from 1981 to 1987]".

According to the Tyree lawsuit, "Carone said that Paine was approached by the CIA to find and recruit an individual that was expendable, with communist ties and some type of anti-American background.

Noteworthy is that Michael Paine, who at a glance appears to be a Communist-leaning liberal, was a member of the John Birch Society. Other John Birch members in the Dallas area included Clint Murchinson and H.L. Hunt. When the Paine home was searched after the assassination, Buddy Walthers found "found six or seven metal filing cabinets full of letters, maps, records and index cards with names of pro-Castro sympathizers." James DiEugenio has argued that this "cinches the case that the Paines were domestic surveillance agents in the Cold War against communism." This dove-tails perfectly into what Frankhauser was saying.

Michael’s step-father, Bell employee Arthur M. Young, is also of interest here. Young was a member of the Round Table Organization, which was founded by Andrija Puharich. In the 1950s, the CIA sent Puharich to Israel to get the famous psychic Uri Geller, who was himself a Mossad agent. All the 1940s and 50s, Puharich was involved in Army Intelligence research into parapsychology for information gathering purposes, and the Round Table Organization was also a front for this. The RTO was also closely associated with the Armed Forces Special Weapons Project, which focused on Atomic research, and medical research on the effects of radiation was sub-contracted to the RTO. Funding for the RTO came from SRI, under the direction of Hal Puthoff. Puthoff was a friend of Luis Alvarez, who had used the Zapruder film to determine that Oswald killed JFK. The two had sat on the Robertson Panel, which debunked UFOs. Two others members included Frederick Durant, who worked at Bell with Dorenberger, Young, and Paine. Dornberger, Durant, Werner Von Braun, and another Nazi scientist named Krafft Ehricke worked together on a concept for a “moon base”.

When Michael Paine heard about Oswald and the assassination, he made some strange statements:

A work friend of Michael Paine, Frank Krystinik, told the Warren Commission about how he reacted when he heard the news that J. D. Tippit had been killed: "We heard that Officer Tippit had been shot, and it wasn't very long after that that it came through that the Oswald fellow had been captured, had had a pistol with him, and Michael used some expression, I have forgotten exactly what the expression was, and then he said, "The stupid," something, I have forgotten. It wasn't a complimentary thing. He said, "He is not even supposed to have a gun." And that I can quote, "He is not even supposed to have a gun." Or, "Not even supposed to own a gun," I have forgotten."

Furthermore, the day of the assassination, just hours prior, Michael Paine talked with his fellow employees at Bell about the “character of assassins”. He was also heard, later that day, when the assassination occurred, talking to his wife on the phone, saying “We both know who is responsible”.

Clearly, the Paine family has deep connections to the espionage world, all the way into the space program and atomic research. It would also appear that they were involved in the FBI’s COINTELPRO, which was the infiltration of left-wing groups in order to subvert them. Oswald may have also been involved in this.

Here are some notes from John Simkin's page on Georgie boy... who never did get into the OSS and more than likely could not get into the CIA

if he tried after his reputation as a Nazi, pro-Fascist and White Russian became apparent...

George de Mohrenschildt, the son of a wealthy noble, was born in Russia on 17th April, 1911. His father and uncle, ran the Branobel Oil Company in Baku on the coast of Caspian Sea.

In 1915 the government of Nicholas II dispatched another uncle, Ferdinand von Mohrenschildt to Washington to plead for American intervention in the First World War. He stayed in the country and eventually married the step-granddaughter of President Woodrow Wilson.

After the Russian Revolution his father, Sergius Alexander von Mohrenschildt, was imprisoned by the Bolsheviks. In 1921 he was sent to Siberia but managed to escape with his family to Poland. His wife died soon afterwards from typhoid fever.

While a young man George de Mohrenschildt left Poland and spent time travelling around Europe. He later claimed that he was involved in a pro-Nazi plot to kill Joseph Stalin. (Note: Vonsiatsky was part of this plot as well. George reported to Vonsiatsky.)

De Mohrenschildt reached the United States in 1938. The British intelligence services warned the American government that they suspected that De Monrenschildt was working for German intelligence. (He was.)

De Mohrenschildt went to live with his older brother, Dimitri de Mohrenschildt and new sister-in-law (Betty Hooker). He found employment with the Shumaker company in New York and worked under Pierre Fraiss who was connected with French intelligence. De Mohrenschildt agreed to collect information on people involved in "pro-German activity". In 1939 he went to work for Humble Oil, a company that was co-founded by Prescott Bush.

During this period de Mohrenschildt met George H. W. Bush. According to Bush: "I first met him in the early 40s. He was an uncle to my Andover roommate (Edward Hooker)." He also met Jacqueline Bouvier, who called him "Uncle George" and would sit on his knee.

In 1941 de Mohrenschildt went to work for his cousin, Baron Maydell, and his company, Film Facts, in New York City. Maydell was also known to have pro-Nazi sympathies. During this period he made a documentary about the resistance movement in Poland. Later that year he failed in his attempt to join the Office of Strategic Services (OSS).

After the Second World War de Mohrenschildt moved to Venezuela where he worked for Pantepec Oil, a company owned by the family of William F. Buckley. In 1950 he launched an oil investment firm with Edward Hooker with offices in New York City, Denver and Abilene. In 1952 De Mohrenschildt moved to Dallas where he worked for the oil millionaire, Clint Murchison. He joined the Dallas Petroleum Club and became a regular at Council on World Affairs meetings, a right-wing organization established by Neil Mallon.

De Mohrenschildt also joined the Texas Crusade for Freedom. Other members included Earle Cabell, Everette DeGolyer, Harold Byrd, Ted Dealey, Paul Raigorodsky, George Bouhe, Neil Mallon and Lewis MacNaughton.

In 1957 George de Mohrenschildt met J. Walton Moore, the local CIA man in Dallas. According to Russ Baker, the two men had several meetings over the next few years.

George de Mohrenschildt also worked for a company called Cuban-Venezuelan Oil Voting Trust Company (CVOVT) that had been established by William Buckley Sr. During this period he got to know Jack Alston Crichton, who was one of several oil men who began negotiating with Fulgencio Batista, the military dictator of Cuba. Crichton later remarked that "I liked George. He was a nice guy."

In 1961 George de Mohrenschildt was invited to lunch by J. Walton Moore. According to Edward Jay Epstein, during the meeting Moore told de Mohrenschildt about Lee Harvey Oswald living in Minsk. In October, 1962 De Mohrenschildt met with Oswald in Fort Worth. Over the next few months he took Oswald to anti-Castro meetings in Dallas. De Mohrenschildt later told Epstein that he was asked by Moore to find out about Oswald's time in the Soviet Union. In return he was given help with an oil deal he was negotiating with Papa Doc Duvalier, the Haitian dictator. In March 1963, De Mohrenschildt got the contract from the Haitian government. He had assumed that this was because of the help he had given to the CIA.

In February, 1963 George de Mohrenschildt introduced Marina Oswald and Lee Harvey Oswald to Ruth Paine. On 24th April, 1963, Marina and her daughter went to live with Paine. Oswald rented a room in Dallas but stored some of his possessions in Ruth Paine’s garage. Ruth also helped Oswald to get a job at the Texas Book Depository.

Family of Secrets

Legacy of Secrecy

In 1963 De Mohrenschildt moved to Haiti. After the assassination of John F. Kennedy de Mohrenschildt was recalled to America to testify before the Warren Commission. He was asked about the claim of Marina Oswald that he knew about Oswald's attempt to kill General Edwin Walker. After giving evidence he returned to Haiti.

On 5th September 1976 De Mohrenschildt sent a message to George H. W. Bush, who was at that time director of the CIA: "Maybe you will be able to bring a solution to the hopeless situation I find myself in. My wife and I find ourselves surrounded by some vigilantes; our phone bugged; and we are being followed everywhere. Either FBI is involved in this or they do not want to accept my complaints. We are driven to insanity by the situation. I have been behaving like a damn fool ever since my daughter Nadya died from (cystic fibrosis) over three years ago. I tried to write, stupidly and unsuccessfully, about Lee H Oswald and must have angered a lot of people I do not know. But to punish an elderly man like myself and my highly nervous and sick wife is really too much. Could you do something to remove the net around us? This will be my last request for help and I will not annoy you any more."

Two months later George de Mohrenschildt was committed to a mental institution. According to his wife, Jeanne de Mohrenschildt, he was suffering from depression. He was taken to Parkland Hospital and underwent electroshock therapy.

In February 1977, Willem Oltmans, met George de Mohrenschildt at the library of Bishop College in Dallas, where he taught French. Oltmans later told the House Select Committee on Assassinations: "I couldn't believe my eyes. The man had changed drastically... he was nervous, trembling. It was a scared, a very, very scared person I saw. I was absolutely shocked, because I knew de Mohrenschildt as a man who wins tennis matches, who is always suntanned, who jogs every morning, who is as healthy as a bull."

According to Willem Oltmans, he confessed to being involved in the assassination of John F. Kennedy. "I am responsible. I feel responsible for the behaviour of Lee Harvey Oswald... because I guided him. I instructed him to set it up." Oltmans claimed that de Mohrenschildt had admitted serving as a middleman between Lee Harvey Oswald and H. L. Hunt in an assassination plot involving other Texas oilmen, anti-Castro Cubans, and elements of the FBI and CIA.

Oltmans told the HSCA: "He begged me to take him out of the country because they are after me." On 13th February 1977, Oltmans took de Mohrenschildt to his home in Amsterdam where they worked on his memoirs. Over the next few weeks de Mohrenschildt claimed he knew Jack Ruby and argued that Texas oilmen joined with intelligence operatives to arrange the assassination of John F. Kennedy.

Willem Oltmans arranged for George de Mohrenschildt to meet a Dutch publisher and the head of Dutch national television. The two men then travelled to Brussels. When they arrived, Oltmans mentioned that an old friend of his, a Soviet diplomat, would be joining them a bit later for lunch. De Mohrenschildt said he wanted to take a short walk before lunch. Instead, he fled to a friend's house and after a few days he flew back to the United States. He later accused Oltmans of betraying him. Russ Baker suggests in his book Family of Secrets: "Perhaps, and this would be strictly conjecture, de Mohrenschildt saw what it meant that he, like Oswald, was being placed in the company of Soviets. He was being made out to be a Soviet agent himself. And once that happened, his ultimate fate was clear."

The House Select Committee on Assassinations were informed of George de Mohrenschildt's return to the United States and sent its investigator, Gaeton Fonzi, to find him. Fonzi discovered he was living with his daughter in Palm Beach. However, Fonzi was not the only person looking for de Mohrenschildt. On 15th March 1977 he had a meeting with Edward Jay Epstein that had been arranged by the Reader's Digest magazine. Epstein offered him $4,000 for a four-day interview.

On 27th March, 1977, George de Mohrenschildt arrived at the Breakers Hotel in Palm Beach and spent the day being interviewed by Epstein. According to Epstein, they spent the day talking about his life and career up until the late 1950s.

Two days later Edward Jay Epstein asked him about Lee Harvey Oswald. As he wrote in his diary: "Then, this morning, I asked him about why he, a socialite in Dallas, sought out Oswald, a defector. His explanation, if believed, put the assassination in a new and unnerving context. He said that although he had never been a paid employee of the CIA, he had "on occasion done favors" for CIA connected officials. In turn, they had helped in his business contacts overseas. By way of example, he pointed to the contract for a survey of the Yugoslavian coast awarded to him in 1957. He assumed his "CIA connections" had arranged it for him and he provided them with reports on the Yugoslav officials in whom they had expressed interest."

Epstein and de Mohrenschildt, broke for lunch and decided to meet again at 3 p.m. George De Mohrenschildt returned to his room where he found a card from Gaeton Fonzi, an investigator working for the House Select Committee on Assassinations. George De Mohrenschildt's body was found later that day. He had apparently committed suicide by shooting himself in the mouth.

On 11th May, 1978, Jeanne de Mohrenschildt gave an interview to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, where she said that she did not accept that her husband had committed suicide. She also said that she believed Lee Harvey Oswald was an agent of the United States, possibly of the CIA, and that she was convinced he did not kill John F. Kennedy. She then went onto say: "They may get me too, but I'm not afraid... It's about time somebody looked into this thing."

Anyone who reads this should be convinced that the primary, defining characteristic and persona of de Mohrenschildt was that of a White Russian pro-Nazi and blatant Fascist, his 24/7 occupation, and not that of either an OSS agent or CIA agent or FBI plant or whatever other fictions have been associated with him. Even the FBI spied on Georgie boy and the OSS turned him down outright. He should also be known as a close fiend of Condon's Dirty Dozen.

He joined a whole slew of people in Condon's Dirty Dozen like William F. Buckley, Jr., Robert J. Morris, Anastase Vonsiatsky, Boris Brasol, Adrian Arcand, and Gerald L. K. Smith while at Coudert Brothers law firm in about 1941-1942 after that firm, owned by French brothers, brought him into the United States. Perhaps Carl Byvoir and Pierre Fraisse from French intelligence were involved with Coudert Brothers as well. More later as discovered.

Bottom line is those who insist that Georgie boy's role in the JFK and Oswald conundrum was as a bought and paid for CIA agent are just totally incorrect.

He was a Nazi agent, and a Nazi spy and a White Russian Fascist leader.

He was Oswald's "Programmed Mind Controller" courtesy of his Harbin, Manchuria training under Vonsiatsky.

Pattern begins to emerge... Was de Mohrenschildt a total loser?

(1) de Mohrenschildt was declared 4-F for military service

(2) de Mohrenschildt could not even pass a simple Insurance Examination

(3) de Mohrenschildt was rejected by the OSS probably because he was a Nazi spy

(4) de Mohrenschildt worked for everyone and anyone but mostly rich fascists, Birchers, YAFers and pro-Nazis like Morris, Buckley, the Couderts, H. L. Hunt, etc.

(5) de Mohrenschildt was basically Oswald's "Mind Controller" and programmer using MK/ULTRA techniques learned from Vonsiatsky, THE Manchurian Candidate

THE MAN IN THE SHADOWS

Part One

By Tommy Wilkens

This story will be a complete examination of one of the most mysterious individuals that surfaced in the investigation of President John F. Kennedy's assassination .Baron George DeMohrenschildt born April 17, 1911 in Mozyr,Czarist Russia. DeMohrenschildt comes from what is called by-the-Baltic Germans. By-the-Baltic Germans are Germans that lived by the Baltic Sea and they were Russians or rather, Russiafied Germans and they were in the service of the Czar for generations and generations and were considered Russians. Most of them were barons. The "de" in De Mohrenschildt signifies that the family had a title. His father was Baron Sergius Alexander Von Mohrenschildt and his mother was Alexandra Zopalsky. In 1918 DeMohrenschildt lived in Minsk Russia .Sergius was a "marshal of nobility" in the Minsk Province, and he served as director of the Nobel interests in Russia. In 1920 Sergius was seized and put in jail by the Communists for criticizing the Communist Government .By 1921 his father was banished to Siberia after his second arrest,and was sentenced to life imprisonment. In 1922 Sergius was released from prison due to health problems and escaped with his family to Poland were Alexander died soon after from typhoid fever which she had contracted during the escape.

In 1929 George DeMohrenschildt volunteered for the Polish Army and attended a Polish military academy in Grudziondz. In 1931 he Graduated from the Polish military academy with rank of sergeant candidate officer. DeMohrenschildt then proceded to Belgium and enrolled in The Institut Superieur de Commerce at Antwerp. DeMohrenschildt then returned to Poland to take part in military summer maneuvrs.

In 1936 DeMohrenschildt received his masters degree equivalent from the Institute Superieur de Commerce at Antwerp. DeMohrenschildt then enrolled at the University of Liege.In 1938 DeMohrenschildt received the equivalent of a doctor of science of international commerce from the University of Liege. During this period DeMohrenschildt ran a sports shop business .In May of 1938 DeMohrenschildt emigrated to the United States with approximately $10,000 from his late mother's estate and from the sale of his sports business.His first job upon arriving in New York City was with a perfume company by the name of Chevalier Garde .He then moved on to work for Shumaker & Com .It was during this period DeMohrenschildt met Janet Norton Lee Auchincloss mother of Jacqueline Lee Bouvier who would go on to be one of the most famous women to ever live . Jacqueline Lee Bouvier Kennedy. Janet Auchincloss almost married DeMohrenschildt, and her daughter Jackie grew up calling him “Uncle George.†Her father was Wall Street Stockbroker John Vernou Bouvier or better known as "Black Jack Bouvier". In 1939 DeMohrenschildt became involved in the insurance business , but was unable to pass the examination needed to obtain his Ins. agent license. In 1940 DeMohrenschildt worked for the Humble Oil Company in Houston,Texas.During this period DeMohrenschildt was known to have visited the home of Margaret Clark Williams who had a very large oil property in Louisiana.It was here were DeMohrenschildt worked as a oil roughneck, or roustabout for three to four months. During his oil field stint DeMohrenschildt had an accident on the oil rig,and was badly injured .DeMohrenschildt then contracted amoebic dysentery which ended his work as a roustabout. He then returned to New York City to recover from his injuries and illness. After recovering in New York City DeMohrenschildt contacted the Polish Embassy in Washington, D.C. about volunteering to join the Polish Army .He was informed he could not join and then reached out to his Cousin Baron Maydell the year was 1941. DeMohrenschildt began work with Maydell's company, Film Facts,Inc.in New York. De Mohrenschildt said he saw the work as an opportunity to learn something about making documentary movies. With the Baron they made a documentary about the resistance movement in Poland and solicited the sponsorship of the Polish Consulate. DeMohrenschildt said the movie was also used to benefit Polish refugees.In DeMohrenschildt's Central Intelligence Agency file there contains a memo dated July 30, 1942, that referred to some type of film enterprise.There's very little doubt that this enerprise was Film Facts,Inc. of New York. The memo is written by a Ensign Horrigan and directed to Commander Vanderbilt of the Office of Strategic Services (OSS). In the memo Ensign Horrigan states that DeMohrenschildt said he was representing an Irish film company that had taken pictures during the Spanish Civil War.Ensign Horrigan wrote DeMohrenschildt's uncle Baron Maydell's apartment was raided and that many films of a pro-Nazi nature were discovered which were intended to show the force and effectiveness of the German Army.

This seems to be a turning point for DeMohrenschildt ,it was 1941 and he had moved on to work with Pierre Fraiss at the Shumaker Co. He was assisting Pierre Fraiss in collecting facts on people involved in pro-German activity on behalf of the French intelligence in the United States. DeMohrenschildt himself told the Warren Commission in his testimony that in 1941 he was involved with Pierre Fraiss who was connected with French intelligence work in the United States.At this point George DeMohrenschildt seems to have entered the Intelligence community in some form. After moving to the Dallas/Fort Worth area DeMohrenschildt made several connections about oil companies that had made French purchases.DeMohrenschildt in 1941 had tried to enlist in the United States military but recieved a 4-F deferment.A 4-F defermant means a the person is not acceptable for military service. To be eligible for Class 4-F, a registrant must have been found not qualified for service in the Armed Forces by a Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS) under the established physical, mental, or moral standards. This would be a good starting point on figuring out what was the reason that George DeMohrenschildt was rejected from the United States military service .

After being turned down for U.S. military service DeMohrenschildt met Lilia Pardo Larin which he called the love of his life .He met Miss Larin through the "King of Bananas" of Brazil, Dr. Paulo Machado. And went to live with her in Mexico.

On October 8, 1942 the U.S. Department of State placed a "refusal" or "lookout" in DeMohrenschildt's passport office file. A "lookout" placed on an individuals passport is a red flagging and when this individual applied for any type of passport action the file would be reviewed to determine if the person posed a security threat or had made false statements upon entering the United States.The reason given for the "lookout" in DeMohrenschildt's file was he was alleged to be a German Nazi agent. After a courtship with Miss Larin DeMohrenschildt returned to the Texas area for a visit and possible more .The Car DeMohrenschildt and Miss Larin occupied was stopped by several FBI agents at Corpus Christi Texas and agents accused DeMohrenschildt of taking pictures and sketching a military Coast Guard Instillation and being possibley a German Nazi spy.After being detainned several hours the couple was allowed to cross the border into Mexico .DeMohrenschildt and Miss Larin remained in Mexico for the next 9 months.With his savings DeMohrenschildt invested in a local sugar company.After local Mexican officials determined DeMohrenschildt was involved in an illicit relationship with Miss Larin DeMohrenschildt was escourted back to the United States. After resurfacing in 1942 DeMohrenschildt met Dorothy Pierson of Palm Beach Florida. After a year long courtship DeMohrenschildt married Miss Pierson in 1943.Shortly after his marriege DeMohrenschildt an amature artist exhibited several paintings at the Newton Gallery in New York City.His marriege to Dorothy Pierson was short lived and ended in a divorce. By 1944 DeMohrenschildt traveled back to Texas. Got a student loan from the Russian Student fund. He then applied to the Colorado School of Mines,to the Rice Institute and the University of Texas. DeMohrenschildt chose and entered the University of Texas School of Geology with a minor in petroleum engineering. By 1945 DeMohrenschildt had received his masters degree in petroleum geology.After graduation he was hired by Pantepec Oil Company as a field engineer in Venezuela .After a short stint with Pantepec Oil DeMohrenschildt returned to the United States in 1946 .

DeMohrenschildt then landed a job with the Rangely Field Committee in Colorado and worked in drilling statisitcs and technology.On a vacation to New York City DeMohrenschildt met Phyllis Washington . And once agian after a short romance DeMohrenschildt married Miss Washington in a private ceremony .With his new wife in tow DeMohrenschildt went for the first time to Haiti and began establishing a mining and development business in the year 1947 .With very little success DeMohrenschildt returned to the United States in July of 1949 and became an American citizen. After a short two years DeMohrenschildt was divorced agian .Trying to make a new start in 1950 DeMohrenschildt moved to Denver Colarado and formed the Hooker and DeMohrenschildt partnership with Edward Hooker.It was a partnership in drilling and leases .By 1951 DeMohrenschildt had found love once agian with Miss Wynne Sharples.After a short period DeMohrenschildt was married to Wynne Sharples .The partnership with Edward Hooker ended in 1952 and DeMohrenschildt with his new wife returned to New York City .After returning to New York the couple had a son Sergei DeMohrenschildt and then a year later in 1954 they had a daughter Nayda DeMohrenschildt.Later in the year 1954 DeMohrenschildt formed with the help from his wife Wynnes uncle Colonel Edward J.Walz the Waldon Oil Company .The short lived venture ended before 1956 . DeMohrenschildt then took a job back in Haiti with the Sinclair Oil Company .At this point it seems DeMohrenschildt has turned into a globetrotter traveling to Nigeria,France,Mexico,Togoland on oil exploration ventures.And then becomes affiliated with the Pantetec Oil Company and goes to Cuba.And travels for the Charmax Company the Cuban Venezuelan Trust Company the Warren-Smith Company, the Three States Oil and Gas Company, and the Legman Trading Corporation .In 1957 DeMohrenschildt is contacted by the Core Laboratory of Dallas Texas about doing work in Yugoslavia for The International Cooperation Administration and the Yugoslavia Government .Also in 1957 his marriage to Wynne Sharples comes to an end in divorce .From Feb.to Oct.1957 DeMohrenschildt worked in Yugoslavia under the "ICA" the International Cooperation Administration.The Yugoslavian Government accused DeMohrenschildt of making sketches and drawings of several Yugoslavian military fortifications .At this point it becomes crystal clear that George DeMohrenschildt is some type of Intelligence agent or informant.This makes the second time in a short few years that DeMohrenschildt was caught taking pictures and making sketches of military instillations.After leaving Yugoslavia DeMohrenschildt returns to Texas the Dallas /Fort Worth area .In 1958 DeMohrenschildt meets Miss Jeanne Le Gon and after a short courtship the couple is married in Dallas Texas .In the later part of 1958 DeMohrenschildt along with his newest bride returns to Yugoslavia to develop a drilling venture using Yugoslavian labor for Mr. John Mecom of the Cardwell Tool Corp.After returning to the United States in 1959 DeMohrenschildt visits the Dominican Embassy in Washington D.C.to discuss a oil drilling project .By 1960 DeMohrenschildt is working for the Texans Eastern Corp.and is sent to Mexico City Mexico were he almost has a chance encounter with Anastas Mikoyan of the Soviet Union.But after reconsidering and worried that the Texan Easten Corp.might refuse to do further work with him he and wife Jeanne decide she should go and meet the Russian leader which she does and tells Mikoyan he should come to Texas and the DeMohrenschildt's would prepair him a home cooked Russian dinner .In the early 60's Anastas Mikoyan was the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet .Under Nikita Khrushchev, Mikoyan was the second most powerful man in the Soviet Union .There is speculation that indeed DeMohrenschildt did meet with Anastas Mikoyan .After returning to Texas in late 1960 DeMohrenschildt's son Sergei DeMohrenschildt dies from cystic fibrosis. DeMohrenschildt after the tragic loss of his son becomes the chairman of the Cystic Fibrosis fund of Dallas Texas.He then becomes the founder of The National Cystic Fibrosis Foundation with his old friend Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy as the honorary chairwomen.At this point DeMohrenschildt in deep grief over the death of his only son makes plans with wife Jeanne for a walking tour of Mexico along the old trails of the the Spaniards as they went through Mexico during the days of the Conquistadors.If looked at carefully this appears to be a cover story for DeMohrenschildt to travel through many countries and collecting pictures and any pertinet information along the way .

DeMohrenschildt started collecting information on routes of the Spaniards in Mexico and all throughout Central America, and possibly all the way to South America. So DeMohrenschildt and wife set out from a ranch on the border of Mexico and the United States. The ranch is owned by a friend of the DeMohrenschildt's. Tito and Conchita Harper of Piadras Negras a little Mexican town opposit the bordertown Eagle Pass Texas.The trip lasted over eight months and covered over 4,000 miles .Went through Guatemala, San Salvador ,Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and ended at the Panama Canal .

DeMohrenschildt and wife tramped through the jungles of South America fully armed with a pistol and shot gun .They used a large mule to carry there personal belongings and the photo and camera equipment that they used along there route ,which they kept coverd with large rags on the mules back when not in use so the natives and people they came across wouldn't realize that they were taking pictures of almost everything they came across.Once agian we have

DeMohrenschildt taking pictures and making sketchs of different things in different countries .

Part Two

By Tommy Wilkens

.In early 1962 after returning from his 4000 mile walking trip DeMohrenshieldt was off agian to set up a project to review mining resources in the country of Haiti .By the summer of 1962 he had returned to Lousiana by way of the Lykes Line shipping Company. DeMohrenshieldt then began doing geology consulting work in Dallas Texas . At this point DeMohrenshieldt and wife Jeanne had settled into the Dallas/Ft. Worth area .By 1950 an avalanche of displaced persons from Europe came to the Dallas/Ft. Worth area . Well over half a hundred people had come from various parts of the former Russian Empire.They were not all Russian but some were Estonians,Lithuanians,Poles,Georgians,Armenians .This group was known as the Dallas White Rissian Community. These people came together in an effort to help others who had just come from Europe and who had difficulty with the English language and to help them become useful members of the community and become self-sufficient .And George DeMohrenshieldt became a peripheral member of this group .Another member was Peter Gregory a native of Siberia . A Russian speeking petrolem engineer who taught a free class of the Russian lanuage at the Fort Worth Public Library .It was here at the library that Peter Gregory was approached by a young man by the name of Lee Harvey Oswald .Oswald had asked Gregory for a letter of recomendation conserning his abilty to speek the Russian language .After learning a bit about Oswald and his time in Russia and his Russian born wife Marina Nikolaevna Oswald .Gregory invited Oswald and his wife to attend a party at his home on Saturday, August 25, 1962 were they could meet several members of the White Russian Community .Attending this party was George Alexandraovitch Bouhe the leader of the Dallas White Russian Community .It was George Bouhe who told George DeMohrenshieldt about the young man by the name of Lee Harvey Oswald who had defected to the Soviet Union and had returned with a young Russian bride and was now looking for friendship in Dallas's White Russian Community .DeMohrenshieldt immediately took an interest in Oswald and his wife .Within several days DeMohrenshieldt and his very close friend Colonel Lawrence Orlov a retired Air Force colonel payed the Oswald's a visit at there rented home at 2703 Mercedes Street Fort Worth,Texas .DeMohrenshieldt took such an interest in the Oswalds he invited them to several more dinner parties and assited Marina with recieving dental work at Baylor University Dental Clinic were young up and coming dentistry students did dental work for low income individuals for free or at a very reduced rate. DeMohrenshieldt even tried to help Lee Oswald find employment through several friends of his in the White Russian Community and other associates.After several visits DeMohrenshieldt found that Marina was being abused and intervened and helped Marina move first to the home of Mrs Anna Meller,then for a very short stay with Anna Ray and Katya Ford. DeMohrenshieldt doing some background checking on his new friend Lee Harvey Oswald asked associate Max Clark a local Dallas attorney to check him out.Clark informed DeMohrenshieldt Oswalds seems to be no threat . Max Clark was also donating money to help Marina Oswald while DeMohrenschildt got Lee his next job in Dallas. He found one at the graphics house of Jagger-Chiles-Stovall, which held classified military contracts. DeMohrenshieldt had contacted J.Walton Moore for some background information on his new friend Lee Harvey Oswald .Seems very strange that an everyday citizen busness man like George DeMohrenshieldt was suppose to have been , would go to the local C.I.A. offices in Dallas for information on a new aquitence of his.Its actually almost unbelievable unless DeMohrenshieldt had some ties to the intelligence community .

In 1963 J. Walton Moore was employed by the Central Intelligence Agency in Dallas, Tex., in the Domestic Contacts Division. According to Moore's CIA personnel file, he was assigned to the Domestic Contacts Division in 1948. Moore's duties in the Dallas office were contacting individuals in the area who had information on foreign countries and foreign topics. It has been reported that Moore had suggested that DeMohrenshieldt strike up an acquaintance with Oswald .Of course in later years both men denied this .It seems at this point that DeMohrenschildt is setting something into motion .After many private visites with Oswald it seems the guiding forces are setting up and being put into place.Oswald is rejecting all the White Russian Community members.His only friend now is George DeMohrenshieldt .Even George Bouhe who testified before the Warren Commission said almost all the members of the Dallas White Russian Community felt something wasn't right with the Oswald's and they didn't want them at anymore of there gatherings.Bouhe said in his testimony before the Warren Commission that several of the White Russian Community had said that they felt Marina Oswald might be some type of a superagent of some orginization .The former Russians thought it was almost incredible that Lee Harvey Oswald and Marina Nikolaevna Oswald had left Russia with such ease.All said it normally took years and years and years if ever to be permitted to leave the Soviet Union .One group member even said that his wifes mother had passed away and it took several years before they were even contacted and told of her death .This easy exit of Lee Oswald and his wife from the Soviet Union stuck out like a sore thumb .And all the White Russian Community in Dallas knew it .On one of the many visits to the Oswald home Marina Oswald shows Jeanne DeMohrenshieldt a hidden rifle with a scope on it in the Oswalds closet .Jeanne calles out to George and says ,"look George Lee has a rifle" and this was just several days after a shot had been fired at Major General Edwin "Ted" Walker . Walker had become a lightning rod for anti-communist controversy .Walker was known to have distributed right-wing literature from the John Birch Society to the soldiers of his division. In 1959 Major General Walker was sent to Germany to command the 24th Infantry Division. Later he became involved in controversy when he initiated an anti-communist indoctrination program for troops .Shortly after this incident Walker was relieved of his command but continued to be very outspoken and traveled the United States giving anti-communist speechs .It was during this period April 1963 that someone had made an attemp on Walkers life by shooting through a window at Walker's home with a high powered rifle .After this incident on one of his many visits with the Oswald's DeMohrenschildt asked Lee Oswald had he in fact taken a potshot at Major General Walker .One has to wonder if this incident wasn't a prelude to something bigger that was being set up and put into motion .On February 22,1963 the DeMohrenschildt's attend a dinner party at the home of Everett Glover . Everett Glover was a chemist at Magnolia Laboratories and Standard Oil of New York Research Laboratories.The DeMohrenschildt's bring the Oswald's to this gathering and also in attendence is Mrs Ruth Hyde Paine .Several members of the White Russian Communty had mentioned that once Ruth Paine set eyes on Marina Oswald they got the feeling that it was something more than just a casual frindeship and some even suspected a romatic look about it .As of today there are released documents showing that Ruth Paine's sister worked for the CIA, and her father was an informant for the C.I.A.. By July 1963 Ruth Paine invites Marina to live with her separately from her husband Lee Oswald .Its Ruth Paine who gets Lee Oswald his final job at The Texas School Book Depository .The DeMohrenschildt's during this same period took the Oswalds to a dinner party at the home of

Adm. Chester Bruton.There has been speculation that Adm. Bruton had close ties to the ONI "Office Of Navel Intelligence" .

On June 2nd 1963 the DeMohrenschildt's moved to Haiti, where he and several other investors had set up an industrial development enterprise whose work was to include conducting a geological survey of Haiti to plot out oil and geological resources on the island .DeMohrenschildt had worked out a contract with the Haitian Government, which guaranteed that he would be paid $285,000 for the survey $20,000 was paid in cash and the remainder was to be paid out in a 10-year concession on a sisal plantation .DeMohrenschildt associate

Clemard Joseph Charles a Haitian banker did the administrative work on the sisal plantation while DeMohrenschildt pursued his geological work. With this move the DeMohrenschildt's would never see the Oswald's agian .According to State Department documents, DeMohrenschildt stated that the undertaking in

Haiti was a purely commercial and geological interest, with no other "purpose or intent. DeMohrenschildt explained that the office he used in

Port-au-Prince was in fact the office of the Inter-American Geodetic Survey, but that the maps and studies he developed were not to be used by any nation or group for any other type of work other than his own geological interests.

Once agian State Department documents show in the spring of 1963 Clemard Joseph Charles the Haitian banker through whom George DeMohrenschildt was negotiating his Haitian contracts had phoned Dorothe Matlack of the office of the Army Chief of Staff for Intelligence . The purpose of the call was to arrange a meeting between Charles and an Agency representative .

Dorothe Matlack who testified before the House Select Committee on Assassinations in 1979 stated that she served as Assistant Director of the Office of Intelligence of the Army until her retirement in 1974. Matlack's main job functions included gathering "human source collection of intelligence" and involved serving in a liaison capacity with the Central Intelligence Agency.

Mrs. Matlack arranged the meeting with Clemard Joseph Charles to take place in downtown Washington D.C. .Knowing of Charles' relationship to President Duvalier of Haiti and Haiti's strategic position relative to Fidel Castro's Island country of Cuba Mrs. Matlack arranged for Tony Czaikowski of

the CIA, who was introduced to Charles as a professor from Georgetown University. Dorothe Matlack described Charles as "frantic and frightened" during the meeting. Charles urged Mrs. Matlack to get the U.S. Marines to invade Haiti and overthrow Devalier.Mrs. Matlack said George and Jeanne DeMohrenschildt accompanied Charles to this meeting and that their presence was a "total surprise" to her. She did not know what role DeMohrenschildt was serving, but felt he "dominated" Clemard Joseph Charles in some way. Mrs. Matlack said that despite the explanation of Charles and DeMohrenschildt the two were in the jute business together, Although later before the House Select Committee on Assassinations Dorothe Matlack would say she didn't honestly believe that was the reason for their presence together at the meeting.Referring to George DeMohrenschildt, Mrs. Matlack said, "I knew the Texan wasn't there to sell hemp." Later Mrs. Matlack said she was so disturbed by DeMohrenschildt at the meeting that she discussed it with the FBI liaison, Pat Putnam. Mrs.Matlack said she never heard what action, if any, was taken by the FBI about DeMohrenschildt.

Part Three

By Tommy Wilkens

On November 22nd 1963 George DeMohrenshieldt and his wife were driving from a reception at the Syrian Embassy where they had just heard the news of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. The DeMohrenshieldt's were driving to the house of a friend who worked at the American Embassy . They were listening to a radio in the house of an employee of the Embassy in Port au Prince, mentioned was the the name of the presumable assassin was something Lee, and he said, "Could it be Lee Oswald ?

George and Jeanne DeMohrenshieldt are now gripped with fear .Privately the DeMohrenshieldt's knew that they had both seen the rifle with the scope in the Oswald's closet and they both knew that they had even mentioned the General Walker incident with Lee Oswald .DeMohrenshieldt knows how many private conversations he's had with Lee Oswald and about what , no one will ever know. Even being in another country DeMohrenshieldt must have had the horriable realization that he was going to be sucked into one of the most horrible events in the United States history .George and Jeanne DeMohrenshieldt return to there private living quarters and decided they should contact the authorities in the United States and offer any assistance that they could offer being that they had known the accused assissin Lee Harvey Oswald .Once the local Haitian Government had found out that the DeMohrenshieldt's had known the accused assissin of Americas new young President things became somewhat untrustful and DeMohrenshieldtis is now worried his exclusive contract with the Haitian Government might be in jeopardy .Although the DeMohrenshieldt's stay and live in total obscurity in Haiti for the next ten years .In the United States President Lyndon Johnson appoints a commission of hand picked public servents to collect all the facts on the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.This group will come to be known as The Warren Commission .One of the first individuals called before the Commission is Marina Oswald the former wife of the accused assissin Lee Harvey Oswald .It's Marina's testimony of her husbands friendship with George DeMohrenshieldt that brings the Warren Commission to call DeMohrenshieldt back from Haiti to testifie in March of 1964 .Once DeMohrenshieldt has testified before the Warren Commission he returns to Haiti and lives in seclusion and gives no more interviews until he returns to the United States in 1977 .It is during this period that DeMohrenshieldt begins to feel that he is being tied to the Kennedy assassination and he writes a personal letter to the director of the Central Intelligence Agency (C.I.A.) George H.W. Bush .Records show that Bush sent DeMohrenshieldt a replie letter and spoke to him as if he knew him almost as a friend .Even went as far as to call him by his first name "George" The letter dated September 28th 1976 with the Central Intelligence Agency heading said this .Dear George. Please forgive the delay in my replie to your September 5th letter. It took time to explore thoroughly the matters you raised .Let me say first that I know it must have been difficult for you to seek my help in the situation outlined in your letter .I believe I can appreciate your state of mind in view of your daughters tragic death a few years ago and the current poor state of your wifes health.I was extremely sorry to hear of these circumstances .In your situation, I can well imagine how you discribed in your letter have effected you and your wife. However my staff has been unable to find any indication of interest on your activities on the part of the Federal Authorities in recent years .The flurry of interest that attended your testimoney before the Warren Commisson has long since subsided .I can only speculate that you may have become "newsworthy" agian in the view of the renewed interest in the Kenndey assassination and,thus,may be attracting the people of the media.I hope this letter has been of some comfort for you ,George ,although I relize I am unable to answer your question compleatly.Thank you for your good wishs on my new job.As you can imagine, I am finding it interesting and challenging..Very truely yours...George H.W. Bush

Director of the C.I.A..It just seems somewhat odd that such a personal letter would be sent from the director of the C.I.A to a person who claims to have never had a thing to do with this agencey .This letter seems to prove that George DeMohrenschildt did in fact have some kind of ties to the C.I.A..

Also in the spring of 1967 records show that DeMohrenschildt made contact with Aristotle Onassis and informed the Greek shipping tycoon that he had something of great importance to tell him .He asked Onassis for plane fair to Paris France for a personal meeting. It was said that Onassis refused to see him and had even said he didn't want to be within ten thousand miles of George DeMohrenschildt .

In May 1978 the House Select Committee on Assassinations received information that a stockbroder in Palm beach, Fla., had known George DeMohrenschildt in Haiti. The information came from Jack Cogswell of Palm Beach Fla..An associate of Cogswell's Joseph Dryer who was a stockbroker with Loeb & Rhodes & Co. in Palm Beach Fla.had offered information about George DeMohrenschildt . Joseph Dryer said he knew DeMohrenschildt in Haiti, DeMohrenschildt's

behavior was "strange" and included following people in his car. Dryer

said that DeMohrenschildt was associated with a man named Clemard Joseph Charles who was the president of a bank in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. Dryer stated that he was told by Clemard Joseph Charles that a large amount of money had been placed in DeMohrenschildt's account in Charles' bank just before De Mohrenschildt left Haiti in 1967.

Joseph Dryer was interviewed by the House Select Committee on Assassinations in Palm Beach on July 6,1978. At that time, Dryer said that in the early 1950's he became involved in a program sponsored by the U.S. Government to develop a subsitiute for Jute. Dryer explained that the Government's interest was in helping Caribbean and Latin American countries develop their own jute producing capacity and thereby saving millions in the import of the product from other areas of the world. In connection with that program, Dryer set up a jute subidiary operation in Cuba, the North Atlantic Fiber Corp. Dryer said that in 1958,Francois Duvalier, the President of Haiti, sent an emissary to Cuba to discuss the prospects for a jute enterprise in Haiti; Dryer said the emissary was Clemard Joseph Charles. Dryer reported additionally that Charles was involved in the mid-1960's in a deal with President Lyndon Johnson to buy jets in Texas. According to Dryer, the deal did not go through, but he said Clemard Joseph Charles may have

had a successful deal for the sale of gunboats. Dryer said Charles had

"many connections" with the Central Intelligence Agency, and Dryer believed the

Agency may once have "planted" a spy on Clemard Joseph Charles.

Dryer said he met George DeMohrenschildt through Clemard Joseph Charles.Dryer said that DeMohrenschildt claimed he came to Haiti to scout for oil, but Dryer

stated that "I could never figure out what he did." Dryer expressed the firm

belief that DeMohrenschildt had "some intelligence connection," of some kind . But Dryer did not know with which country DeMohrenschildt had his intelligence connection . Dryer went on to say that, himself and Clemard Joseph Charles and DeMohrenschildt were associated with a woman named Jacqueline Lancelot who owned a well-known restaurant in Petionville, Haiti. Dryer said the restaurant was often frequented by many American intelligence personnel from the American Embassy and other foreigners .Jacqueline Lancelot had contact with the American intelligence operatives and passed them information about the Duvalier government.Dryer's relationship with Jacqueline Lancelot included passing messages for her to people in the United States whom Dryer assumed were connected in some way to the CIA .Dryer said one of those contacts was a person who worked for French intelligence and cooperated with the CIA .In 1978, the person lived in the Southern part of the United States.

Dryer said in the interview that Jacqueline Lancelot told him shortly after the

Kennedy assassination that a "substantial" sum of money, $200,000 or $250,000,

had been deposited in George DeMohrenschildt's bank account in Port-au-Prince. According to Jacqueline Lancelot, it was not deposited in Clemard Joseph Charles's Banque Commerciale of Port-au-Prince,Jacqueline Lancelot said

although she did not know to whom the money was payed out to ,she did know that George DeMohrenschildt left Haiti soon after.

According to Dryer, Jacqueline Lancelot told to him that President

Duvalier had once implied that the American President (John F.Kennedy) might not remain in office .Jacqueline Lancelot reportedly said that during a speech to Haitian troops in a port city, Duvalier allegedly said that "The Big Man in the White House wasn't going to be there much longer." Jacqueline Lancelot did tell Dryer that she was not sure if that statement was made by President Duvalier before or after President Kennedy's assassination.

During the interview with the House Select Committee on Assassinations investigator, Dryer was asked if he were familiar with the names of a number of people who may have had some connection or association with

George DeMohrenschildt. Of the names, Dryer was given he said he recognized Dorothe Matlack and William Avery Hyde. He remembered Dorothe Matlack as

one of the people Clemard Joseph Charles asked Dryer to contact for him in the United States. Dryer could not remember in what connection William Avery Hyde's name had been used by DeMohrenschildt .The possible association between George DeMohrenschildt and William Avery Hyde may have some significance because Hyde is the father of Ruth Hyde Paine,The woman with whom Marina Oswald was living at the time of the assassination.The same Ruth Hyde Paine that documents showed that her sister was an employee of the C.I.A and whos father was also known to be a C.I.A informant .

Part Four

Headlines New York Post "KEY JFK WITNESS KILLS HIMSELF." March 31, 1977 Palm Beach Florida .It was this headline that Americans would see and wonder if one more key witness to the events surrounding John F. Kennedy's assassination might have just slipped away from us all .In reality George DeMohrenshieldt was most likely the key individual that could have possible opened the door of silence that had been closed so tightly within hours of the actual assassination .It was George DeMohrenshieldt who had befriended Lee Oswald in those months that led up to the most shocking event in modern time .Only DeMohrenshieldt knew the true mind set of Lee Oswald .One must wonder was DeMohrenshieldt just a part of a cabal that had been put into place by some rough elements of some intellegence agency or maybe a small group of shadowy oil barons or the unthinkable a small group of Americas own political leaders .Had this cabal been so finely tuned that no one could ever be held responsible for those horrable few moments in Dealy Plaza .Or at least not beyond Lee Harvey Oswald and George DeMohrenshieldt .Had these two souls been the sacrificial lambs in the plot to kill John F.Kennedy ?

It was a crisp March morning in 1977 in Manalapan, Florida .George DeMohrenshieldt had risen early that final day of his life .He had taken a early morning walk along the beach front there at 1780 South Ocean Shore Boulevard .In his thoughts we are left to only speculate .No one will ever know what demonds had haunted DeMohrenshieldt for all those years since that faitfull day in November of 1963 .One thing we do know though is DeMohrenshieldt was to meet with a writer by the name of Edward Epstein at the Breakers Hotel, in Palm Beach Florida .Epstein was writing an artical for Reader's Digest Magizine .It was to be a four day interview and DeMohrenshieldt

was to be payed $1000 per day plus the use of a Hertz rental car .DeMohrenshieldt had arrived in West Palm Beach,Florida, on the evening of March, 16 1977 He had come to Florida by way of a Grey Hound bus from New York City .DeMohrenshieldt had just returned from a supposed business trip to Belgium .Although some very strange circumstances surrounded the Belgium trip, Just two weeks before he had turned up at the Tilton home in Florida, De Mohrenschildt had literally "vanished" from the Hotel Metropole in Brussels. He left in such hast he left his luggage, raincoat and pipe behind in his room just minutes before he had been scheduled to meet with a Soviet diplomat. After he was reported missing in Belgium, he had reportedly flown from London to New York.DeMohrenshieldt then left for Florida by way of a Grey Hound bus.Upon arriving at the Grey Hound bus station he was met by Mrs.Nancy Tilton and Miss Katherine Loomis of Mexico City. DeMohrenshieldt's only baggage was a green attache case and a few articles of clothing. He was taken to C.E. Tilton III and Nancy Tilton's ocean-side home .At the time C.E. Tilton was visiting at the Tiltons other home in Arizona .This ocean-side home by any standards would be considered a mansion . Appon arriving DeMohrenshieldt is reunited with his daughter, Alexandra DeMohrenshieldt also of Mexico City .Its Alexandras ex husband Gary Taylor who told the Warren Commission that he firmly believed that if there was assitance or plotters in the assassination of President John F.Kennedy it was in his opion that most likely the DeMohrenschildt's were involved. These last few days of George DeMohrenshieldt's life were spent with liesure walks on the beach and reading . And one can only imagine the deep dark horrible secrets that must have filled DeMohrenshieldt's mind constantly reminding him that he could never reveal anything to anyone ,only for him to bare alone .

DeMohrenshieldt left for the Breakers Hotel and met with Epstein and his research assistant, Nancy Lanoue .For several hours DeMohrenshieldt told of his early years and the battles his family had fought to escape from the Russian empire .DeMohrenshieldt spoke of his friendship with Lee Harvey Oswald and his deep fears after realizing Oswald had most likely taken that potshot at General Edwin Walker and then in later years finding in some old pictures that had been placed in storage the famous backyard photo showing Lee Harvey Oswald with the rifle with scope and the pistol strapped to his side and on the back signed to Geoege DeMohrenshieldt from his friend Lee Oswald .It was at this moment DeMohrenshieldt said he felt ruined for life .It was now around the mid day point and the three decided to break for lunch. They had agreed to meet again at 3 p.m..This meeting would never take place .Once DeMohrenshieldt arrives back at the Tilton home he is informed that Mr.Gaeton Fonzi a top investigator for the House Select Committee on Assassinations had come to visit with Mr.DeMohrenshieldt and had left his identification card and that he would be returning that very afternoon to interview him. Upon recieving this card and being informed of this DeMohrenshieldt was visibly shaken when he learned that Fonzi was going to return and interview him .

No one will ever know what really happened after Geoege DeMohrenshieldt returned to Nancy Tilton's ocean side home and heard the news of an investigator from the House Select Committee on Assassinations had come calling .Had the deep dark secrets that had haunted DeMohrenshieldt for all those years were finally going to be brought to the surface or was the possible cabal he might have been involved with all those years ago finally feeling he was to close to possible revealing the truths of who was really behind the assassination of John F. Kennedy .

What we do know is at about two thirty in the afternoon of March 29th 1977 George DeMohrenshieldt was found by his daughter Alexandra in the upstairs hallway of the Tilton home sitting in a high backed chair with a massive double barrel .20-gauge shotgun wound to the head . Shot gun at his feet, massive amounts of blood dripping from his mouth .George DeMohrenshieldt was dead at the age of 65 .

To most this final ending of this very mysteries man might seem like a simple suicide , case closed .But like almost everything that George DeMohrenshieldt was ever involved with there were some very strange circumstances surrounding his death .On the afternoon of the 29th of March Mrs. Tilton had left the house around the noon hour and went to play cards with several ladie friends of hers in Palm Beach .So she was not in the house when the death occured . Before she left to go to Palm Beach she had left instructions with Anna Vilsola her domestic helper to place her cassette tape recorder near the television in her bedroom and record two of her favorite day time Soap Operas, so that when she returned she could listen to the tape recording and be able to follow the story line.

Miss Lillian Romanic who was the live in cook for the Tilton home who resided in a small bedroom off the main floor kitchen .Along with Coley Wimbley the live-in grounds keeper who resided in a small apartment in the detached garage from the main house .

Mrs. Viisola had said the day of the death she did not see or hear

anything suspicious or out of the ordinary. She did not see any

strangers in or around the residence and did not have reason to

suspect that someone had entered the house without her knowing it .She said she never heard a shotgun blast .Coley Wimbley who worked watering flowers around the main house also said he heard no shot gun blast .The Tilton home is equipted with a security alarm system for all doors and windows .If any door or window is opened there is an audible beep which is heard throughout the house.

Dianne and Laurie Tisdale were working in an apartment above the garage at the Tilton residence, at the time of the incident.They were fixing the

apartment up so that Laurie Tisdale could move into it .Neither of them stated that they heard a shot gun blast or were suspicious that anything strange or unusual had occurred in the main house.So at this point there are four people either in the Tilton home or very near by the main house on the grounds ,and no one hears a double barrel .20-gauge shot gun blast in the upsatirs hallway .

Alexandra DeMohrenschieldt and Katherine Loomis went shopping in Boynton Beach .When they returned home they entered the house by the rear kitchen door and inquired of Anna Viisola where her father was. Anna Viisola had last seen George DeMohrenshieldt upstairs. Miss DeMohrenschieldt walked to the second floor, entered her father's bedroom and placed the bag on a dresser. She then looked to her left and saw her father bent over in the hallway chair with a pool of blood and shotgun at his feet. She screamed and alerted the household to what had happened.Patrolman Don McBride of the Manalapan Police Department was the first law enforcment officer on the scene.Patrolman McBride after a search of DeMohrenschildt's pockets he had found a newspaper article from the March 20, 1977 edition of the Dallas Morning News, which indicated that George DeMohrenshieldt may possibly have been involved in or have knowledge of some type of conspiracy in the assassination of President John F. Kennedy .Upon listening to the tape recording that was made to record the Soap Operas its been reported that you hear a beep which indicated that the door had been opened , then you hear what sounds like footsteps and then a very loud shotgun blast sound .For some reason this was never investigated or persued by the local Law inforcment investigators .

This examination of George DeMohrenschieldt's life and death gives us but a small glimps of a man who few of us ever knew or even ever heard of .Norman Mailer said in his book that George DeMohrenschieldt was an eclecticism that made him delight in presenting himself as right wing but also left wing a moralist but also an immoralist an aristocrat an a nihilist a bohemian but also a socialte an intimate of oil tycoons a Republican but a Kennedy lover a snob and an athheist plus a quonduan nazi apoligist once a year .When one looks at this it’s shows that George DeMohrenschieldt lived a double life and fit the mold of a covert operative of some kind. His life was played out in the shadows .Always one step ahead .No one will ever know what he did or didn't do .No one will ever know who he worked for.No one will ever know what his influince was .At this point it seems no one will ever know how he really died . He was friends with rich and famous people ,even Presidents , but yet also friends with the most lowly of souls.He was most likely our last chance to know what really happened in Dealy Plaza in November of 1963 .

Edited by John Bevilaqua