The Education Forum

Sorry about the double post above. Does anyone else have this occur: Whan I post something I will sometimes get that "this page has expired" warning and when I check for my post it is " lost" . Hence the second one...and it got lost as well...so I was surprised just now to see that they both posted..

Dawn

It happens to me all the time. I am also aware it happens to others and whenever I see double posts I delete the second posting.

It happens to me all the time. I am also aware it happens to others and whenever I see double posts I delete the second posting.

Probably a task best not undertaken after the third bottle of wine....

Precisely why I leave it to John :ice

Just an idea::

I think I MAY have just seen the moment of a double post occurring as a result of me and John posting at just about the same time on the jfk forum. If so I'd imagine it's a problem of queing that perhaps a simple fix exists for? Perhaps as the forum gets more popular and more people posting it happens more?

The result was a second wikipedia topic started.

Edited by John Dolva

Just an idea::

I think I MAY have just seen the moment of a double post occurring as a result of me and John posting at just about the same time on the jfk forum. If so I'd imagine it's a problem of queing that perhaps a simple fix exists for? Perhaps as the forum gets more popular and more people posting it happens more?

The result was a second wikipedia topic started.

I'll look into this

• 4 weeks later...

On a technical note with Invision, I have recently acquired the software for our history department website, but as yet don't know how to erase a double-posting without deleting the entire contents of the forum it is in. Is there an easy way to do this?

On a technical note with Invision, I have recently acquired the software for our history department website, but as yet don't know how to erase a double-posting without deleting the entire contents of the forum it is in. Is there an easy way to do this?

Hello Chris

Administrators and global moderators (a good idea to have a few of those) can easily delete posts anywhere in your forum - its near to the 'edit post' button. What you are describing is the moderation option box for a thread