The Education Forum

Sterling and Peggy Seagrave: Gold Warriors

I count myself very lucky, indeed, because my father spirited me and my mother and brother off to Rangoon, where we got aboard the last refugee ship to Calcutta (my father staying behind to care for wounded), so when the Japanese arrived at our town on the Chinese border, they were only able to find our two Irish terriers. After summoning the entire local population together, they hung the two terriers up in a banyan tree, and hacked them apart with their swords, as our proxies.

Fascinating story. Have you considered writing your autobiography?

No. Peggy and I hit burn-out 20 years ago, and withdrew into a remote part of the Pyrenees, and gradually have lost contact with the USA, so we no longer recognize names in PEOPLE or TIME. This is great, and refreshing. The things we've researched have led from one to another, and as our acquaintance with how things really work has deepened, we treasure our isolation and our privacy. Certainly we remain infrequent contact with people all over the planet, but we no longer hear the annoying background noise. Living in America was like listening to Puccini in English, which is really depressing. In Europe and Asia it's much easier to tune out the background noise, even when you have a working knowledge of the particular language.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During your research into the OSS, have you come across the name Jack Alston Crichton? It would be highly significant if he was in China at the end of the war.

No knowledge of Crichton. But I would love to see a book that focussed exclusively on GHWB's covert activities. He has a lot to atone for, account for, aside from what is covered in books by Chaitkin and others (which is evil enough). What an utter bastard and criminal. I blame him explicitly for the destruction and death of Norbert Schlei.

Do you have any thoughts on Jack Anderson as an investigative journalist?

I've known Jack since the early 1960s, and of course I had worked with Les Whitten at The WashPost (Whitten for a while writing many of Jack's columns as a sort of co-investigator and co-columnist). I later got to know Dale VanAtta, who also was a co-investigator and co-columnist with Jack -- all of them working out of Jack's offices in a red brick townhouse next to the Carnegie Institution. In fact, Peggy and I hired (and richly paid) Jack's investigative team to help us with legwork and archival searches in Washington DC while we were living in Holland, working on THE MARCOS DYNASTY. To some extent the arrangement paid off, but most of Jack's people let us down badly. Jack himself was helpful in giving us access to his filing cabinets going back umpteen years, and Dale was helpful in other very useful ways. But in retrospect we were hugely disappointed by just about everybody we paid to help us with research on that book, not only Jack's people but people in Manila and Hong Kong. The book was a struggle, because of all the famous journalists who'd been based in Manila or worked for a while in Manila, or passed through Manila, not one had ever seriously researched all of the claims made by Ferdinand Marcos. The one exception being Al McCoy who researched Marcos's claims to being a war her, and discovered they were fraudulent. It went much farther than that, of course, because Marcos had actually been working for the Japanese, as was his putative father (who was drawn and quartered by guerrillas for what he did). Jack and his organization are essentially part of the Morman Church intelligence network, which is one of the really powerful and effective private intelligence networks in America, whose computer data base on genealogy provides cover for a vast archive of intelligence files on a great many people.

I haven't yet read this book..sounds great...but I'm a bit of a student of the parallel events in Europe at the end of WW2. I highly suggest the book Nazi Gold by Sayer and Botting as a start. Much of the Nazi Gold disappeared into thin air with obvious ex-Nazi and US military/intelligence 'traces' to the disappearance. Add to this, that all the names mentioned above come into play directly or indirectly and the very location that the Gold disappeared just so-happens to coincide with where the Nazis that came aboard the good ship USA or were given get-out-of-jail-free cards for S. America etc. were processed, as well as a highly 'interesting' base in Oberammergau where many 'interesting' personages passed and/or got their starts in their careers.........some of these names we discuss in matters much later in the USA in assassinations, covert ops, government overthrows and scandals. Seems as if the same techniques and morality [sic] applied in both theatres of war...but then some of the players were the same. I'm sure all another coincidence and not a conspiracy [cough!]

I wish somebody would underwrite Peter to research, write and publish a book about the Oberammergau circle.

Mr. Seagrave,

It is difficult for me to overstate the importance of "Gold Warriors" to a meaningful understanding of the deep political structure -- its style and its substance.

Secret governments must have their secret treasuries, I suspect.

I'm currently at work on what by all indications should be a major television project -- a multi-episode drama in which the historical events related in "GW" play a central role. If all goes well I'm certain that we'll have much to discuss.

In the interim, and for the purpose of addressing the interests of this forum, I wonder if you might expand upon the so-called "Umbrella" organization. If you're not already aware of the fact, you should know that the symbol of an open umbrella is directly relevant to the investigation of the identities and motives of the Dealey Plaza conspirators.

Ascribe it to mere intuition and/or the creative process in full swing, but I can't help thinking that the designers of the assassination somehow signed their work.

With gratitude and respect,

Charles Drago

The Umbrella Organization is discussed in considerable detail in Gold Warriors, and I am familiar with its relevance to Dealey Plaza. Colonel Fletcher Prouty, primary liaison between DIA and CIA for decades, and who had known Lansdale personally since 1945 in Manila, identified Lansdale in photos of Dealey Plaza. Prouty was one of our major unidentified sources for The Marcos Dynasty and Gold Warriors.

In sum, the Umbrella Organization is another term for the Octopus or The Enterprise, and combines the CIA with the Italian Mafia and Jewish Mafia (Meyer Lansky, etc.), Chinese "mafia" out of Taiwan and Hong Kong, and Japanese yakuza as famnously recruited by the CIA via Yoshio KODAMA, and is currently dominated by the Yamaguchi Gumi andits wholly-owned banks. A crude diagram of The Umbrella by Ferdinand Marcos shows these interlocking directorships. We reproduce this diagram on our 3 CDs of documentation.

(3) Several of the people involved in setting up and administrating the Black Eagle Trust: John Foster Dulles, John J. McCloy, Edward Lansdale, Robert B. Anderson, Paul Helliwell, Ray Cline, etc., were later involved in some very dubious activities. Is there any connection between what these men did in Japan and their relationship with the far-right and the arms and oil industries?

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/USAmccloyJ.htm

Sure. Allen Dulles was a servant of the people who set up the Fed, and Edward Lansdale also. Lansdale was extremely close to HL Hunt and the Murchisons, and to Bill Pawley, Meyer Lansky, Nixon, Santo Trafficante, Shackley and Clines. Col. Fletcher Prouty, who firstmet Lansdale in Manila in 1945 and later became the primary liaison between DIA and CIA, while also being a VIP pilot of Air Force One, was a crucial source for our research. He personally identified Lansdale in the crowd at Dealey Plaza. You may not know this, but if they had failed at Dealey Plaza, JFK was supposed to go hunting with the Texas Robber Barons the following day. I could go on and on and on.

Dear Mr. Seagrave,

I consider Col. L. Fletcher Prouty to be a mentor of mine since I first came upon his works being distributed by a company based in Costa Mesa, CA, known as The Noontide Press, in 1990.

Have you ever been contacted by Len Osanic to appear on Black Op Radio to speak about your books and your contribution to the cause? Len is the archivist for all of Prouty's works and has kept his site known as www.prouty.org going since before I remember finding it on the web in 1997, when I first went on-line. As I write this to you, there is an 8 X 10 framed photo of Prouty looking down on me from the wall to the right of my computer. A birthday gift to me from Len a few years back.

I don't get a chance to go to the site as much as I used to, but I catch the archived shows of BOR, especially when Len sends me a link to something he feels I need to know. I have met with Len a couple of times on his trips down to L.A., and he always has a home at my house, and use of my truck, if he needs it. I really want to purchase your full set of works, as soon as possible. My e-mail address is tmauro@pacbell.net. Do you take B of A VISA? Because,- the more I read of your posts, the more imperative the need for me to get my hands on your books.

I just got off the phone with Len Osanic, informing him that I'm in the middle of posting this to you on The Education Forum. He would love to hear from you, and extends the invitation to appear on his Black Op Radio Show, airing from Vancouver, B.C. every Thursday evening from 17:30 to 18:30 PST. His e-mail address is osanic@prouty.org. Please get back to me regarding the purchase of your books, ASAP, if at all possible. I am known for purchasing books for gift-giving, as a way of getting the message across, and your message has been my message for 40 or more years, and most definitely for the last seventeen.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely yours,

Theresa C. Mauro aka Ter

Culver City, CA

Edited by Terry Mauro

Do you have any thoughts on Jack Anderson as an investigative journalist?

I've known Jack since the early 1960s, and of course I had worked with Les Whitten at The WashPost (Whitten for a while writing many of Jack's columns as a sort of co-investigator and co-columnist). I later got to know Dale VanAtta, who also was a co-investigator and co-columnist with Jack -- all of them working out of Jack's offices in a red brick townhouse next to the Carnegie Institution. In fact, Peggy and I hired (and richly paid) Jack's investigative team to help us with legwork and archival searches in Washington DC while we were living in Holland, working on THE MARCOS DYNASTY. To some extent the arrangement paid off, but most of Jack's people let us down badly. Jack himself was helpful in giving us access to his filing cabinets going back umpteen years, and Dale was helpful in other very useful ways. But in retrospect we were hugely disappointed by just about everybody we paid to help us with research on that book, not only Jack's people but people in Manila and Hong Kong. The book was a struggle, because of all the famous journalists who'd been based in Manila or worked for a while in Manila, or passed through Manila, not one had ever seriously researched all of the claims made by Ferdinand Marcos. The one exception being Al McCoy who researched Marcos's claims to being a war her, and discovered they were fraudulent. It went much farther than that, of course, because Marcos had actually been working for the Japanese, as was his putative father (who was drawn and quartered by guerrillas for what he did). Jack and his organization are essentially part of the Morman Church intelligence network, which is one of the really powerful and effective private intelligence networks in America, whose computer data base on genealogy provides cover for a vast archive of intelligence files on a great many people.

I read back through the thread and found:

"For those who read the 1st edition, we put these new chapters on a third CD, the set of three CDs of documentation now available at our website: www.bowstring.net"

I will go there, straight away. Again, thank you for coming to The Education Forum. Your information is like a breath of fresh air, and I look forward to purchasing your body of work.

Best regards,

Ter

Dear Mr. Seagrave,

I consider Col. L. Fletcher Prouty to be a mentor of mine since I first came upon his works being distributed by a company based in Costa Mesa, CA, known as The Noontide Press, in 1990.

Have you ever been contacted by Len Osanic to appear on Black Op Radio to speak about your books and your contribution to the cause? Len is the archivist for all of Prouty's works and has kept his site known as www.prouty.org going since before I remember finding it on the web in 1997, when I first went on-line. As I write this to you, there is an 8 X 10 framed photo of Prouty looking down on me from the wall to the right of my computer. A birthday gift to me from Len a few years back.

I don't get a chance to go to the site as much as I used to, but I catch the archived shows of BOR, especially when Len sends me a link to something he feels I need to know. I have met with Len a couple of times on his trips down to L.A., and he always has a home at my house, and use of my truck, if he needs it. I really want to purchase your full set of works, as soon as possible. My e-mail address is tmauro@pacbell.net. Do you take B of A VISA? Because,- the more I read of your posts, the more imperative the need for me to get my hands on your books.

I just got off the phone with Len Osanic, informing him that I'm in the middle of posting this to you on The Education Forum. He would love to hear from you, and extends the invitation to appear on his Black Op Radio Show, airing from Vancouver, B.C. every Thursday evening from 17:30 to 18:30 PST. His e-mail address is osanic@prouty.org. Please get back to me regarding the purchase of your books, ASAP, if at all possible. I am known for purchasing books for gift-giving, as a way of getting the message across, and your message has been my message for 40 or more years, and most definitely for the last seventeen.

Sincerely yours,

Theresa C. Mauro aka Ter

Culver City, CA

Mr. Seagrave, I have yet to read your book, but will do so in the near future. This thread has re-heated a question I'd put on the back burner a long time ago, however. Did your research lead you to look into the murder of William Holohan? He was an OSS agent murdered in Italy while carrying gold to the Italian underground. After the war, the Italian government tried and convicted one of his fellow OSS officers, Aldo Icardi, if I remember correctly, for the crime. He was convicted. The U.S. government, however, refused to extradite Icardi to Italy, and had a trial of sorts here. Icardi was represented by Edward Bennett Williams. And was cleared when Williams' private dick, Robert Maheu, was able to obtain a confession from an Italian communist. I don't believe this man was ever tried for the crime in Italy. Anyhow, since Maheu was on retainer to the CIA at this time, I have long suspected that he arranged for a false confession on their orders in order to clear Icardi and blame the communists.

This suspicion was egged on after reading that OSS Chief William Donovan continued to believe Icardi was guilty.

Anyow, if you looked into this, I'm most curious as to what you uncovered...

.....I think of the apex of this group as the Druids. Below them are their servants. People like McCloy, the Dulles Brothers, were just outsiders who became insiders because they had talent and could do the leg work. We added two additional chapters to the trade paperback from Verso, which explains a lot about these networks.

Mr. Seagrave,

Thanks for joining this Forum. I've enjoyed reading all of your posts. Based on information in this and other threads I just ordered the hardback edition of Gold Warriors. I'm looking forward to reading it.

Could you briefly elaborate on the two additional chapters contained in the paperback version? Thank you very much.

Mike Hogan

Mike ~

Very kind. Thanks. I believe that John has now uploaded copies of the two new chapters, with their endnotes. They are based on new discoveries we made after Verso's 1st edition. We were deluged with new material, including photos, and were startled to discover that General Yamaxxxxa's chauffeur, who was said to have committed suicide at Billibad Prison after revealing to Lansdale the locations of 12 treasure sites, was still alive two or three years ago. We have a recent color photo of him on the CDs of documentation available at our website, www.bowstring.net. This means Lansdale must have bribed him and set him up with a new identity in Japan, after General Yamaxxxxa (or his double) was hanged. The new chapters also allowed us to tie together many loose ends, with the benefit of hindsight.

Sterling

Very kind. Thanks. I believe that John has now uploaded copies of the two new chapters, with their endnotes. They are based on new discoveries we made after Verso's 1st edition. We were deluged with new material, including photos, and were startled to discover that General Yamaxxxxa's chauffeur, who was said to have committed suicide at Billibad Prison after revealing to Lansdale the locations of 12 treasure sites, was still alive two or three years ago. We have a recent color photo of him on the CDs of documentation available at our website, www.bowstring.net. This means Lansdale must have bribed him and set him up with a new identity in Japan, after General Yamaxxxxa (or his double) was hanged. The new chapters also allowed us to tie together many loose ends, with the benefit of hindsight.

CH.17.PDF

EPILOG.PDF

(3) Several of the people involved in setting up and administrating the Black Eagle Trust: John Foster Dulles, John J. McCloy, Edward Lansdale, Robert B. Anderson, Paul Helliwell, Ray Cline, etc., were later involved in some very dubious activities. Is there any connection between what these men did in Japan and their relationship with the far-right and the arms and oil industries?

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/USAmccloyJ.htm

Sure. Allen Dulles was a servant of the people who set up the Fed, and Edward Lansdale also. Lansdale was extremely close to HL Hunt and the Murchisons, and to Bill Pawley, Meyer Lansky, Nixon, Santo Trafficante, Shackley and Clines. Col. Fletcher Prouty, who firstmet Lansdale in Manila in 1945 and later became the primary liaison between DIA and CIA, while also being a VIP pilot of Air Force One, was a crucial source for our research. He personally identified Lansdale in the crowd at Dealey Plaza. You may not know this, but if they had failed at Dealey Plaza, JFK was supposed to go hunting with the Texas Robber Barons the following day. I could go on and on and on.

Dear Mr. Seagrave,

Sincerely yours,

Theresa C. Mauro aka Ter

Culver City, CA

Hi Ter ~

We've been in touch with Len Osanic, who kindly provided us with a CDROM of some of Fletcher Prouty's archives. We haven't done any live interviews in a long time, except by email where we can reflect on things before we reply. We're allergic to the media because we've been burned by both a British TV producer and a Japanese TV producer. The Brit turned out to be working for some folks at the US Embassy who wanted to smear us, and the Japanese were sent to find out exactly where we lived -- which resulted in threatening midnight phonecalls from US Treasury agents to my wife's elderly parents in North Carolina, and an attempt to trick us into going to the US Consulate in Marseille for "an IRS audit" where we would have been "disappeared". We managed to block the harrassment by reporting all this to the French DEST, whose HQ is just down the road. /// The only book we sell at our website is the first edition of GOLD WARRIORS, and three CDs of documentation (BofA cards accepted, especially yours). The rest are either available at Amazon.com or at Abebooks.com (a global net of used book dealers). Probably the best edition of Gold Warriors is the paperback, which has two new chapters added. But for those with the hardback, John Simkin has now posted PDF versions somewhere here. (I'm still a novice finding my way around here.)

Sterling

Mr. Seagrave, I have yet to read your book, but will do so in the near future. This thread has re-heated a question I'd put on the back burner a long time ago, however. Did your research lead you to look into the murder of William Holohan? He was an OSS agent murdered in Italy while carrying gold to the Italian underground. After the war, the Italian government tried and convicted one of his fellow OSS officers, Aldo Icardi, if I remember correctly, for the crime. He was convicted. The U.S. government, however, refused to extradite Icardi to Italy, and had a trial of sorts here. Icardi was represented by Edward Bennett Williams. And was cleared when Williams' private dick, Robert Maheu, was able to obtain a confession from an Italian communist. I don't believe this man was ever tried for the crime in Italy. Anyhow, since Maheu was on retainer to the CIA at this time, I have long suspected that he arranged for a false confession on their orders in order to clear Icardi and blame the communists.

This suspicion was egged on after reading that OSS Chief William Donovan continued to believe Icardi was guilty.

Anyow, if you looked into this, I'm most curious as to what you uncovered...

Pat ~

We had not looked into the murder of Holohan by Icardi, but it follows: It was James Jesus Angleton who was in charge of CIA covert ops in Italy, which were largely carried out through the Sicilian Mafia following a deal made with Mafia families in America, and the Vatican's Opus Dei and other militant orders, who shared the Mafia's fear of a Communist takeover of Italy after WW2. In Manila, Santa Romana was a member of Opus Dei, working with Lansdale and the CIA in moving Japanese looted gold to the Vatican bank and other banks in Europe and South America with links to the Vatican. A lot of this bullion was physically moved and guarded in transit by the Mafia (as verified by a schematic diagram drawn by President Marcos, showing the basic networking of The Umbrella, reproduced on our CDs). While the Mafia carried out the rough stuff, including murdering anyone who voted for the Italian Communist Party, the Mafia and Opus Dei had what can only be described as an "uneasy relationship" -- very accurately portrayed BTW in "Godfather-3" -- and illustrated by the Banco Ambrosiano scandal, and related murders, including of a Pope. This arrangement preceded the CIA and was functioning during WW2, linking OSS-Vatican-Mafia long before the Allied landings in Sicily. The fact that Holohan was an Irish Catholic OSS agent moving bullion covertly to the Italian underground, which was largely communist , while Icardi was a violently anti-communist Mafia hit-man who saw a chance to divert the bullion to Palermo, gives you all you need to value the Italian conviction. However, the deal made by Washington with the American Mafia families, meant that "made guys" like Icardi had to be protected (absolved). Williams was a flamboyant choice to pleade the case, but the key was the CIA agent Maheu who got an Italian "communist" patsy to take the fall -- all part of blaming the PCI for everything including rancid olive oil. The same Maheu, I believe, who ended up wiping Howard Hughes' backside, and appears to have been one of many involved in the JFK assassination. See our new Epilogue for Wild Bill Donovan's history in all this. Angleton later was promoted to chief of counter-intelligence at the CIA, a job Angleton confided he got only when he swore he would never subject either Allen Dulles or John Foster Dulles to lie detector tests about their pre-war and wartime collaboration with Nazi bankers and secret agents.

Sterling Seagrave

Edited by Sterling Seagrave