The Education Forum

The Tale of Jack Ruby's Dog

He definitely was taking Diet Pills. Which brand I don't know, but ephedrine is a very likely ingredient. This is what is known as 'Speed'. People who 'speed' for extended periods lose touch with reality, as well as right after dosing gain a kind of focus that removes inhibitions and speeds reaction times, apart from when not abusing, lessens appetite and the need for sleep. Of course there are consequences and understanding Ruby necessarily needs to include an understanding of his drug, medicine, whatever, taking.

At the crisis points extreme emotionality, sadness and anger and suicidal actions increase. He had been projecting his needs all over the place, bringing food to the cops and others, buzzing around talking to anyone who would listen. He was 'investigating' and closed his club.

(There is a significant moment in his Warren interview when suddenly the subject is changed and not resumed having to do with his encounter with Olsen and Kay. It's one of those Kostner 'ask the question' moments. I think there was a window of opportunity that was let go of, seemingly willingly by all concerned. Anyone else noticed that one, or is it just me?)

John, he told his prison psychiatrists he was taking Preludin (Phenmetrazine), Magic Menua (sp?) and Larson's CRD. He also admitted having taken Ambar in the past. He reported these drugs made him feel better, not care about anything (and there goes his concern over Jackie!) and that they made him a clearer thinker. At least one of psychs (Bromberg) stated Ruby was overstating their effects even though Preludin "has some elements akin to Benzadrine". This was in line with the thinking of the day. However, it wasn't too many years after this, Preludin became a prohibited substance just about everywhere. According to good ol' Wiki, "When stimulant abuse first became prevalent in Sweden in the 1950s, phenmetrazine was preferred to amphetamine and methamphetamine by addicts, as it was considered the superior drug. In the autobiographical novel "Rush" by Kim Wozencraft, intravenous phenmetrazine is described as the most euphoric and pro-sexual of the stimulants the author used." This class of drug was developed by the Germans during WWII for use on the troops...

My best guess on "Magic Menua" is that it may be a reference to Kava... which has sedative properties. Kava is heavily used in America Samoa.One of the island groups is Manua.

Ruby told the FBI on 11/25/63 that Larson's CRD was a "food supplement". But then, he later told Bromberg it made his hair thin out, but made him feel good. Hardly sounds like a normal food supplement...

This cocktail could produce a model psychosis during which a person may be highly susceptible to suggestion... which is where the Olsen and Kay encounter comes in (Shoot the sonavabitch 3 times, Jack. You'll be a hero...and show everyone Jews have guts. You won't get the Chair. It's taken care of. You're gonna have a legit reason to be in the area.) I think he was also subjected to the carrot and stick -- his meeting with his lawyer on 11/21 re his tax problem comes to mind...

Tony,

I'll update my article to include Clardy's testimony that I missed, and will also mention your theory with a link to this thread.

Ron

Many thanks for that, Ron, much appreciated.

Looking back at the subject it is interesting that the first formal interview of Ruby by the authorities was done by FBI agent Mr C Hall and this was started only an hour and twenty minutes after Oswald was shot. As you would expect, agent Hall went through the events that had happened that day with Ruby from the time he got up. It is interesting that the statement of Ruby makes no mention at all of 'Sheba' or 'a dog' going with him in the car. I have a feeling that this probably fits better with your theory that there was no dog in the car than my theory that there was a dog but it was swapped for another dog at some stage.

One thing I do know, having spent a lot of time on the subject, is there was definitely something 'funny' going on with regards to the dog in the car business.

best wishes

Tony

• 9 years later...
On 5/16/2007 at 9:17 PM, Sid Walker said:

Ron,

First, well done for a charming and well-written story. Every great tale has a canine angle, and you've both found it in the JFK case.

I think that looking for perfect rationality in all the activities surrounding Ruby's actions is probably searching for something that doesn't exist. It seems likely to me that Ruby was called to duty in a rush, because LHO was unexpectedly still alive. Ruby can't have been happy about it and was flustered. He and his controllers were patching up a bodged job on the fly. They couldn't plan their operation like clockwork.

Their main objective - other than killing LHO - must have been to make a plausible story stick in the public mind in the long run - a story, that is, compatible with Ruby's claim to be acting on impulse.

Because I personally also believe that elements of the Zionist lobby were ultimately responsible for the JFK assassination, I also believe that the most crucial objective of all when crafting the public image of Ruby was to downplay his Zionist affiliations - and make it seem that if he was lying, it was a mob (rather than Israeli) scam.

Bumping for a revisit, not only because of my interest in the Carousel Crew, but also because we had a member named Sid Walker, for 14 months, who posted almost 1000 times, and has not been online since. I scanned his posts. While most of his posts were outside of the realm of the JFK asassination scope, those that were within that purvue, by a quick scan, were not unwieldy. This forum is as interesting as the members. I can't help but wonder who some of these people are, were, or where they have gone. 

Cheers,

Michael

Edited by Michael Clark