The Education Forum

75.000 pages on Frank Sturgis......

Guest Bart Kamp

Absolutely insane amount of pages 75K on Frank Sturgis.

In comparison to a Oswald file posted at that1archive it amounts to almost double Oswald's file size.

From the page: his 75,253 page FBI file is more than four times as long as the FBI file on Watergate and almost twice as long as the combined Watergate and Kennedy assassination FBI files. Most of these pages have never been released, and if they were released it was in a highly redacted form. The file covers his paramilitary activities in Cuba, his ties to assassins and assassination plots, accusations about involvement in the Kennedy assassination and meeting with Lee Harvey Oswald, his confirmed CIA employment, his involvement in the break-in of the Chilean embassy, and possibly much more.

https://www.muckrock.com/news/archives/2016/sep/21/frank-sturgis-crowdfund/

Just to clarify this is a FOIA req. for the files. But the sheer size of it all is simply mind boggling.

Edited by Bart Kamp

Bart:

This is a most worthy project. Examining the contents of the FBI file on Frank Sturgis could answer a number of historical questions or provide leads on how to find those answers. I met Frank Sturgis on the first day of the Watergate case after he had been arrested with the other four burglars at the Democratic National Committee. Years later I learned from a trusted member of law enforcement that he had probably killed over 200 persons during his lifetime. HIs own death has a mystery about it. He was truly a man who knew too much.

Doug

Where do they get the number 75K plus? It is not from the NARA database. How do I know? Because I hacked it (*), placed it in the public domain (IOW: Gave it to its rightful owners, The People) and the following is what they have.

Number of records containing the word "Fiorini" or "Sturgis":

- Postponed in Full: 53 records, 981 pages.

- Released with Deletions: 112 records, 1,182 pages.

Those totals include CIA, FBI, etc. (all agencies and sources). This is the spreadsheet:

http://www.dealey-plaza.org/~ramon/jfk/Sturgis-Fiorini.xlsx

Are we saying that the ARRB didn't do its job?

-RFH

(*) A completely legal operation, since the material is supposed to be public.

Sturgis-Fiorini.png

Where do they get the number 75K plus? It is not from the NARA database. How do I know? Because I hacked it (*), placed it in the public domain (IOW: Gave it to its rightful owners, The People) and the following is what they have.

Number of records containing the word "Fiorini" or "Sturgis":

- Postponed in Full: 53 records, 981 pages.

- Released with Deletions: 112 records, 1,182 pages.

Those totals include CIA, FBI, etc. (all agencies and sources). This is the spreadsheet:

http://www.dealey-plaza.org/~ramon/jfk/Sturgis-Fiorini.xlsx

Are we saying that the ARRB didn't do its job?

-RFH

NARA does not have everything. Completely aside from the material still held by the AARB, the NARA does not have the Grand Jury papers for General Walker's hearings in Mississippi regarding the Ole Miss riots of September 30, 1962. However, these papers are publicly available in Walker's personal papers at the University of Texas.

So, NARA doesn't have everything.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo