The Education Forum

1964 Jackie Kennedy interviews to be published

By HILLEL ITALIE

Associated Press

New York

During the first half of 1964, just months after her husband was assassinated, Jacqueline Kennedy

sat for seven interviews with historian and family friend Arthur M. Schlesinger Jr.

Speaking at her home in Washington, D.C., the former first lady discussed her marriage, her White House years,

election-year campaigning and her husband's thoughts about a second term.

The interview is part of what became the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library's Oral History and, at her request,

was kept sealed for an indefinite time. She died in 1994.

Now, with the 50th anniversary of her father's inauguration coming next year, daughter Caroline Kennedy

is allowing the conversations to be widely released.

In September 2011, Hyperion will publish the transcripts and release 6 1/2 hours of audiotape, providing a new

and extended opportunity to hear the famously breathy voice of Jacqueline Kennedy, discussing topics she rarely

touched upon in public. Caroline Kennedy will serve as editor and write an introduction for the book, currently untitled,

and a historian will provide annotation. (Schlesinger, a two-time Pulitzer Prize winner, died in 2007)......

Full article: http://www.usatoday.com/life/books/news/2010-04-12-kennedy-interviews_N.htm

Edit: Expired link replaced

Edited by Michael Hogan

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THANKS MIKE, I HOPE THEY WILL NOT BE EDITED..BUT.... :blink: B

I hope they won't be edited too. I think Caroline is doing the right thing. Jackie made those audios and said they weren't to be played until her last child died. Right there, Caroline's a target. This is a very smart move on her part and I can't wait to hear them.

As Caroline is editing them, I hope she leaves them intact. I wonder about her father's alleged infidelities and if that is going to be mentioned. Jackie didn't want the tapes made public until her last child died -- is there something she kept hidden from them?

Kathy C

• 1 year later...

From express.co.uk:

John F Kennedy's Wife In Her Own Words

by Mike Parker

August 7, 2011

Excerpts:

A series of secret audio tapes made by Jacqueline Kennedy are to be made public in a TV special that will blow the lid off her private life with assassinated husband President John F Kennedy.

A spokesman there confirmed that the tapes’ “explosive” contents will be aired in a two-hour TV special, although he refused to divulge further details. The Sunday Express has, however, learned that Jackie:

Believed that gunman Lee Harvey Oswald was merely “a patsy” in the murder of JFK and was working for a sinister cabal led by a group of Texas tycoons.

Suspected her husband was having an affair with a 19-year-old White House intern whose underwear she found in their bedroom.

Wrote-off most of JFK’s extra-marital dalliances as “Jack’s meaningless flings”.

Plunged into affairs herself with Hollywood star William Holden and Fiat car mogul Gianni Agnelli in revenge for his serial philandering

A senior network source also revealed that, on the eve of Kennedy’s assassination, he and Jackie shared a night of passion and, despite having cheated on each other in the past, “they talked about having more ­children”.

......The senior source said: “The Jackie tapes are, in effect, Caroline’s trade-off for ABC dropping The Kennedys series.”

On the assassination, a second source said Jackie believed gunman Lee Harvey Oswald was “part of a much larger conspiracy.”

She became convinced that Vice-President Lyndon Johnson, JFK’s successor, and a cabal of Texas tycoons were involved.

“Those businessmen expected that LBJ would give them more favourable treatment in Vietnam War contracts and oil policies.

“There is no doubt that Jackie wanted the truth to come out, but feared that she and her children, Caroline and John Jr, might also be marked for death by the ­conspirators."

Complete article: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/263448/John-F-Kennedy-s-wife-in-her-own-words

I just read this on the website, and was going to make a comment.

This is real explosive material to hear that Jackie believes in a conspiracy with LBJ involved in that conspiracy.

I am looking forward to the documentary.

I do hope the interviews will be available unedited. I pre-ordered the serie on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Jacqueline-Kennedy-Historic-Conversations-Life/dp/1401324258/ref=sr_1_39?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1312722793&sr=1-39

Guest Robert Morrow

You are correct. This is explosive material. And I am not talking about Jackie's and JFK's adultery, which has been well known and well chronicled.

Jackie Kennedy believed, CORRECTLY, that it was Lyndon Johnson and his Texas oil men who were behind the JFK assassination. Bingo! And that the Vietnam war and favorable tax treatments for oil companies were big reasons in the JFK assassination. Bingo! And no doubt she knew that LBJ was going to be dropped from the 1964 ticket and that LBJ was highly threatened by this. Bingo!

Jackie may or may not have understood that elements of CIA/military and Hoover were involved as well. But she got the big picture correct in real time.

"On the assassination, a second source said Jackie believed gunman Lee Harvey Oswald was “part of a much larger conspiracy.” She became convinced that Vice-President Lyndon Johnson, JFK’s successor, and a cabal of Texas tycoons were involved.

“Those businessmen expected that LBJ would give them more favourable treatment in Vietnam War contracts and oil policies.

“There is no doubt that Jackie wanted the truth to come out, but feared that she and her children, Caroline and John Jr, might also be marked for death by the ¬conspirators.”

This is very significant. We now know that 2 of the closest women to John Kennedy: his wife Jackie Kennedy and his longtime secretary Evelyn Lincoln BOTH believed that Lyndon Johnson was behind the JFK assassination.

Arthur Schlesinger has stated that for a time Robert Kennedy (very, very close to Jackie) also believed that Johnson was behind the JFK assassination.

And it is well known that one of the closest women to Lyndon Johnson, Madeleine Duncan Brown, his long time mistress who he had a son Steven with in 1950, Madeleine Brown ALSO thought that Texas oil men were behind the JFK assassination and that Lyndon Johnson was a willing accomplice.

Folks, you need to listen! The evidence of Johnson's guilt just keeps piling up.

For the new readers here, please google "LBJ-CIA Assassination of JFK". You can also email me at Morrow321@aol.com and I will give you my entire files on the LBJ-CIA assassination of JFK.

Edited by Robert Morrow

You are correct. This is explosive material. And I am not talking about Jackie's and JFK's adultery, which has been well known and well chronicled.

Jackie Kennedy believed, CORRECTLY, that it was Lyndon Johnson and his Texas oil men who were behind the JFK assassination. Bingo! And that the Vietnam war and favorable tax treatments for oil companies were big reasons in the JFK assassination. Bingo! And no doubt she knew that LBJ was going to be dropped from the 1964 ticket and that LBJ was highly threatened by this. Bingo!

Jackie may or may not have understood that elements of CIA/military and Hoover were involved as well. But she got the big picture correct in real time.

.....This is very significant. We now know that 2 of the closest women to John Kennedy: his wife Jackie Kennedy and his longtime secretary Evelyn Lincoln BOTH believed that Lyndon Johnson was behind the JFK assassination.

Given her close relationship with Robert Kennedy it would seem that she would be aware any CIA/military "elements" as well as Hoover. Hoover was the one that informed her brother-in-law of the horrible news.

It might be prudent to wait and hear what Jacqueline Kennedy actually said on those tapes before jumping to any conclusions and exclaiming BINGO!

It might be prudent to wait and hear what Jacqueline Kennedy actually said on those tapes before jumping to any conclusions and exclaiming BINGO!

It is in my opinion always good to wait for the evidence itself, but after reading all this I think we can allow a little whispering of "BINGO" just now.

I am really looking forward to hear what else she will tell in those interviews. Off course she has so much knowledge of what went on behind the scenes that all things she says will have very important consequences.

I think that there are some people in government who are starting to be a bit worried. Who knows who else will be mentioned in the interviews.

Btw: great that Jackie did those interviews. Something like a testament for history.

Edited by Hugo Langendoen

I actually don't understand what all this hub bub is based upon.

To me this would be a big story for say Ladies HOme Journal, or say the National Enquirer.

But what makes it important to us?

I mean unless we know why she thought what she did, then how is this important or influential?

I mean the fact that Talbot showed that RFK thought his brother was killed by a conspiracy is key for two reasons:

1. The argument had been that if he thought it was a plot, then why did he not say anything.

2. This knowledge may have been why RFK was killed. Because when he became president, he would have opened the case again.

I don't see how this applies here. Jackie may have thought some Texas people did it. OK.

Unless she based this on something tangible, I don't see the value in it. Except for the celebrity involved.

Well, I think it is not only her celebrity status. She was so close to JFK that she might have had the knowledge whether or not LBJ would still be on the ticket in 1964.

She was also in a position to observe LBJ's behavior in the hours after the assassination and in the days afterwards.

She may even be in a position to share more light onto the Vietnam plans that JFK had. Off course a lot of these things are discussed in many places (also on fora like this), but if she will give information like that imo that is very important. Not as only evidence, but as an extra - and powerful - backup of this evidence.

Guest Robert Morrow

To me this would be a big story for say Ladies HOme Journal, or say the National Enquirer.

I mean unless we know why she thought what she did, then how is this important or influential?

I mean the fact that Talbot showed that RFK thought his brother was killed by a conspiracy is key for two reasons:

1. The argument had been that if he thought it was a plot, then why did he not say anything.

2. This knowledge may have been why RFK was killed. Because when he became president, he would have opened the case again.

I don't see how this applies here. Jackie may have thought some Texas people did it. OK.

Unless she based this on something tangible, I don't see the value in it. Except for the celebrity involved.

Jim, the reason this is important (that Jackie thought Lyndon Johnson and Texas tycoons had JFK murdered) is that Jackie, like Evelyn Lincoln, had very close relations with the deceased. And that means she was fully aware of the gargantuan sub rosa conflict - even war - that had been waging between JFK and his own Vice President Lyndon Johnson.

Jackie and Evelyn Lincoln were up close and personal, witnessing first hand, the kind of determined opposition that JFK and particularly RFK were receiving from Johnson and his good buddy and neighbor J. Edgar Hoover.

Both of those ladies had personal dealings with Lyndon Johnson and they knew that there was no way JFK willing put Johnson on the ticket in the firstplace, except for Johnson's strong arm tactics; they were aware of the sub-rosa LBJ-JFK war that had been waging for years; and at least Evelyn Lincoln knew that LBJ was on the verge of being politically executed by the Kennedys, with Robert Kennedy, the Senate Rules Committee and LIFE Magazine all soon to apply the final coup de grace within a week or 2 from 11/22/63.

And let's not forget how CLOSE Jackie was with Robert Kennedy, both before and after the JFK assassination. She was fully aware of the RFK vs. LBJ/Hoover wars that were goinig on. Jackie was most definitely "in the loop" regarding these machinations.

I would be interested learn the exact date she made these tapes and exactly what she said on them.

Edited by Robert Morrow

It is in my opinion always good to wait for the evidence itself, but after reading all this I think we can allow a little whispering of "BINGO" just now.

To each their own, Hugo. Right now, all there is to go on is an unidentified "second source." I realize that some people are quick to accept as truth things they want to believe. Others prefer to see the evidence itself.

This was Caroline Kennedy's statement about the tapes:

“My mother’s passion for history guided and informed her work in the White House,” Kennedy, president of the Kennedy Library Foundation, said in a statement Tuesday issued by Hyperion.

“She believed in my father, his vision for America, and in the art of politics, and felt it was important to share her knowledge and excitement with future generations. It is a privilege for me

to honor the memory of my parents by making this unique history available.”

I find it difficult to believe Caroline Kennedy is referring to an intern's underwear and Johnson's involvement in a plot to kill her mother's husband.

I find it difficult see how Jacqueline Kennedy's alleged disclosure of "revenge affairs" would "honor the memory of Caroline Kennedy's parents."

We should know in a month or less.

It is important to all those who want the case to be reopened. This story will get coverage in the mainstream media and might put pressure on those who can open up the files.

From nypost.com

Tall Tales of Tape for Jackie

by David K. Li

August 8, 2011

There has to be something juicy in those Jackie Kennedy tapes, right?

ABC yesterday blasted a British newspaper report that the network is sitting on an explosive treasure-trove of Jacqueline Kennedy audio

recordings that have her blaming President Lyndon B. Johnson for her husband's assassination and admitting to extramarital affairs.

ABC is airing never-before-heard tapes of Jackie in September as part of a special to mark 50 years since JFK's inauguration.

But the network denies they're anywhere near as sensational as reported in The Sunday Express.

"The tabloid reports about content of the tapes are total nonsense," the network's rep said. "ABC isn't releasing any content from those tapes

until mid-September, at which time it will be clear how off base these reports are."

The Express reported that Jackie learned of JFK's fling with a 19-year-old intern after finding the woman's underwear in the bedroom.

And, according to the paper, she admitted to revenge affairs with actor William Holden and Fiat mogul Gianni Agnelli.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/tall_tales_of_tape_for_jackie_LCDl4zYmu7cx1tsIoDOmoI

Edited by Michael Hogan

I thought that report was BS when I read it. But that is the British tabloid scene.

I thought so too. But I was willing to wait for the tapes to actually be released.

Not Robert Morrow. I was sure when I posted it, he would be quick to jump all over it.

It's little wonder that he would make up his mind about this before all the facts are in.

After all, Morrow claims that Madeline Brown's account of her alleged meeting with

Johnson at the Driskill Hotel is the "number one evidence of conspiracy" in this case.

Edited by Michael Hogan

Sounds like Caroline cut the tapes loose and she intends on blowing a hole right through the powder magazine of the USS LBJ Cover-Up, and sinking the entire LBJ corrupt Navy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2023418/Jackie-O-tapes-reveal-JFKs-affairs-believed-death.html

May the confligarations begin and not forget the John Burch Society conspirators that involved General Walker, the Fascist that LHO didn't like, the other Dallas John Burch Fascists that were planning for months to kill JFK. Merchison was one, Hunt was one, and lots of others like Guy Bannister in New Orleans.

Go Caroline!!!

==========

http://home.roadrunner.com/~markwrede/NonFic/PerennialMystery.html

H.L. Hunt was the local head of the John Birch Society in Dallas and Clint Murchison of the Minutemen, the militant wing of JBS.

If the connection to the JFK assassination could be established, both the John Birch Society and the Minutemen would be branded as terrorist organizations, their members and financiers subject to arrest, their funds and the source of their funds seized. The families affected would include not just Hunt and Murchison, but wealthy elites from coast to coast.

============

It is time to take down all the Crooks.

=========

Edited by Jim Phelps