The Education Forum

Former CIA Director Allen Dulles visits VICE PRESIDENT LBJ at the LBJ Ranch shortly before the assassination

Once again, proof that nothing ever goes away on the internet.....this photo comes up over and over again every few years. I recall discussing it with everyone from Jack White to David Lifton

over more than a decade.

The basics are that it was part of a series of photos taken during a Dulles visit to the ranch for a VP briefing before the JFK/LBJ election. The series was done by a photojournalist who

happened to get in and do this shot as well as a series of others including one very unflattering one of Ladybird seating herself on a horse. Johnson was livid and booted the guy

off the ranch, During one Lancer conference we saw the whole set which had been obtained from a theater owner in Kansas City.

Some of the photos were sold as stock photos and actually the one in the paper ended up being used to illustrate VIP visits to Johnson's ranch in an article about the Texas trip

and the upcoming visit to the ranch by Jack and Jackie.

-- clearly I've been involved with this subject way too long ....grin, Larry

Be nice Robert, in this instance the lady was the victim of a very bad choice of angles by the photographer. Sort of goes to prove just because somebody is

taking pictures they are not necessarily giving good advice to their subject....probably an important point to remember in today's era of phone cameras...

I had a lone-nutter tell me that my post proves Dulles was in Dallas, in particular, and Texas, in general during the same time LBJ was there...he DID add that that specific photo was old and also said "so what?" LOL

Edited by Vince Palamara

The one article (see my post/ link above to my blog- several articles included with book excerpts) PROVES Dulles WAS there, as does a few book excerpts...the specific Ranch photo WAS old (1960)

On the general subject of proving that a known CIA person was in Dallas, can someone refresh my memory about Helms or Angleton saying (either in an alleged conversation or memo) that they may have to explain someday what E. Howard Hunt was doing in Dallas at the time of the assassination?

Ron,

Hi! I have definitely heard that before, as well...just not sure of the exact source at the moment.

ANOTHER definite CIA presence in Dallas, this time at Parkland Hospital: see Secret Service Agent Andy Berger's report in the Warren Commission volumes (he distinguishes between FBI Agent Vincent Drain, another FBI agent, and this unnamed CIA agent). This is separate (confirmation??) from the allegations of William Bishop and Hugh Huggins that they were there, as well