The Education Forum

J. D. Tippit: Was he part of the conspiracy?

John Simkin

I find the Gloco witnesses believable, and am more inclined to believe them than to believe Tippit's locations as reported by him to dispatch. If he lied about his whereabouts in the immediate aftermath of the assassination its suspicious behavior indeed. He was certainly a victim of a conspiracy, and perhaps part of one too.

I myself would be more inclined to disbelieve JDT's reported locations if, for example, the record reflected his taking a 20-minute trip in 10 minutes, or vice-versa. To have actually taken a three-minute trip, and then to report your arrival at another place eight minutes later - the exact time it would have taken to get there from where he only claimed to have been - stretches the imagination.

The only reason to doubt the 4100 Bonnie View location is the Gloco sighting. The possibility that they were wrong about seeing Tippit vs. any other cop does not make them liars, merely wrong. It might be useful to know what the cop who reported being on East Jefferson just before JDT was ordered into Oak Cliff looked like at the time.

The two officers who reported themselves being in Oak Cliff - respectively on "East Jefferson" and at "105 Corinth" - and who might conceivably have been whom the Gloco guys saw, were W.P. Parker (district 56, southeast near Garland) and J.M. Lewis (district 35, northwest near Farmers Branch).

You can see where those men's patrol districts were on the attached map of DPD patrol districts:

post-3713-0-76092100-1391456962_thumb.jpg

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it depends on whether Tippit lied about his location at 12:45 pm, or the 5 witnesses who reported seeing him at Gloco gas station at the same time were mistaken. If Tippit lied, one would have to wonder if he also lied about his location at 12:17 pm, and one would then have to ask why.

Witnesses can be honestly mistaken, but 5 witnesses all mistaken as to the identity of the cop at Gloco gas station, two of whom knew him personally, when weighed against Tippit's response to his dispatcher as to his whereabouts at 12:45, raise the strong likelihood that Tippit was lying. This naturally leads to looking more closely at his whereabouts at his previously reported location at 12:17 pm. Tippit has exactly one alibi at 12:17, and no official record of the story his alibi, the store owner who says he reported a shoplifter and that Tippit answered the call and took the shoplifter into custody, tells.

Duke, your timings are interesting. Assuming that Tippit's reported locations between noon and 12:45 on Bonnie View drive are untrue, surely Tippit had the time to leave home after lunch, drive to Dealey Plaza in time for the big event, and drive to the Glaco station in time for a 12:45 sighting.

Edited by Paul Brancato

Perhaps alibi isn't the right word to use in my last post. If Tippit had lived and had been considered a suspect in the shooting of JFK, his report to dispatch of his location at 12:17 pm would have been his defense, and the much later corroboration by the store owner would have provided an alibi.

Edited by Paul Brancato

I find the Gloco witnesses believable, and am more inclined to believe them than to believe Tippit's locations as reported by him to dispatch. If he lied about his whereabouts in the immediate aftermath of the assassination its suspicious behavior indeed. He was certainly a victim of a conspiracy, and perhaps part of one too.

David - uniformed cops shooting at the motorcade does make good theater. I'll refresh my memory on Gordon Arnold's testimony soon. But whether he is believable or not, there are scant eyewitness descriptions that day of any of the shooters. They were all well hidden. The evidence is overwhelming, at least to me, that there was a crossfire, and that shots came from the direction that Arnold and so many others said they did. I am not sold on the Badgeman story, but that doesn't mean there wasn't a uniformed shooter in that area. Should we dismiss the possibility that Tippit or some other as yet unnamed DP or someone dressed like one shot at JFK just because we don't find the Badgeman photo evidence believable or because Roscoe White's story doesn't hold up to scrutiny, or because we have little eyewitness testimony of such a shooter?

I don't, at this time, know reasons to discredit Jack White's "Badgeman" find. I'm just wondering about any advances made in finding corroboration for Gordon Arnold's story, which supports the "Badgeman" discovery. I haven't heard of any continued investigation or photo proof of Arnold being where he said he was since the year Arnold was shown Jack's photo work in The Men Who Killed Kennedy.

Is there any photo of Dealey that shows Gordon Arnold standing in front of the stockade fence in military uniform and cap? One would think that, while "Badgeman" is obscured by trees and shadow, Arnold would be register better on film, and might appear in films or photos other than the Moorman photo (source of Badgeman/Arnold images in TMWKK).

Edited by David Andrews

• 1 year later...

Well Nic,

What you said, sorta reminded me of something else....Here is another new interesting story in regard to Tippit. I'm sure some have heard about it, but it might be new to some. I first read about it in Walt Brown's, JFK/DPQ Publication and is also included in Livingstones new book.

For Reaseach Purposes Only!

A woman by the name of Mrs. Doris Holan, lived at 409 E Tenth Street, She lived upstairs directly across the street and her windows looked directly on Tippit's Patrol car and the murder scene.

Mrs Holan has been an unreported witness all these years. Yet she was dying of terminal cancer and talked to Dallas Researcher Michael Brownlow prior to her death in 2000. She met with Brownlow twice and once accompanied with reseracher Prof. BIll Pulte.

Mrs Holan had just returned home from her job that morning, a few minutes after 1:00, then she heard gun shots. She hurried to her window and saw Tippit's patrol car, across the street and parked in front of the driveway between 404 and 410 E. Tenth Sreet. Tippit was lying on the street, near the left front of the car. She saw a man leaving the scene, moving westward towards Patton.

Mrs Holan also noticed something else that had not previously, ever been reported. A second police car in the driveway, which went all the way back to the alley, moving forward slowly towards Tippit's car on Tenth. Near the police car she also saw a man in the driveway walking toward the street where Tippit was parked.

She went downstairs at once and over to Tippit. The man in the driveway continued to the street, walked in front of Tippit's patrol car, paused and looked down at Tippit's head, and retraced his path up the driveway. At the same time, the police car changed direction and backed up in the driveway to the alley running parallel to Tenth, behind the houses on 404 and 410.

In 1963, the driveway could be entered from the alley from the rear, as well as from Tenth. Because Tippit's car was parked in front of the Tenth Street entrance, the alley provided the only passage from the driveway for the driver of the police car.

Mrs. Holan's account of a second police car is supported by the comments of Sam Guinyard, who told Brownlow in 1970 that he saw a police car in the alley shortly after the police shooting. The man in the driveway was apparently also seen by others: a resident of the neighborhood, who wishes to remain anonymous, told Prof Pulte, in 1990, that he had heard about a man in the driveway who approached Tippit's car.

Another thought...Earlene Roberts saw a police car stop and honk in front of the boarding house on 1026 N Beckley, where LHO lived.... at around 1:03. Tippit was shot at around 1:10 to 1:15 at the latest. This could possibly have been the police car she saw.

Dixie

P.S. Nic, don't feel too bad about your Mom not allowing Right Wing Books in the house. When my daughter was a pre-teen, I told her that I didn't want any of those $#%@*& "Beatles" records in the house. Then sometime later, I changed and was even trying to play their music on my guitar....:-)

this is funny - is the implication then that Liberals, too, grow up and become Conservatives?

I know I did.

Ron, I will post this later and it is only speculation but:

Ruby sent his friend Trafficante 24 photos of Dallas police cars.

With the help of the photos, Trafficante duplicated a Dallas police car with help of his friendly body shop.

The car was trucked from Tampa to Dallas.

It was that car that appeared in front of LHO's rooming house.

Speculation yes but what better way for a get-away?

no problem with speculation when it's announced as such. it's what gets the wheels turning sometimes.

just curious - why the number 24? just something random and arbitrary...?

In his book, Who Killed Kennedy? (May, 1964) Thomas G. Buchanan suggests that J. D. Tippit was involved in the conspiracy to kill JFK. Buchanan, who was living in France at the time (he had lost his job with the Washington Evening Star in 1948 because of his alleged membership of the American Communist Party). He claims that there were several stories circulating in Europe at this time that Tippit was a member of the team that was involved in the plot against Kennedy.

Buchanan refers to an article written by Serge Groussard in L’Aurore (a right-wing newspaper which had supported the O.A.S. during the Algerian War). Groussard claimed he had received information that Tippit had been employed to help a man escape from Dallas. He was not told what crime the man had done (or was about to do). When he realised that the man who he was supposed to help had killed JFK, he changed his mind and tried to arrest Oswald. When Oswald realized what was happening, he killed Tippit.

Buchanan rejects this theory. However, he does believe that Tippit was involved in the conspiracy. He puts forward the following points to support this view:

(1) The physical description of Oswald giving out by the Dallas Police was not accurate enough for Tippit to have recognized him. What is more, as Oswald had already returned home to change, the description of his clothing was no longer valid.

(2) Tippit was alone at the time that he apprehended Oswald. According to Buchanan: “Standing orders for police in Dallas, as in other cities, are that radio cars of the type Tippit was driving must have two policemen in them.”

(3) Tippit was not in the sector of Dallas where he had been assigned the day before. He should “have been in downtown Dallas at the time he intercepted Oswald half way between Oswald’s room and Ruby’s”.

(4) Tippit violated police procedure by “failing to make use of the radio beside him to notify his fellow-officers that he was stopping to question a suspect in the Kennedy assassination”.

(5) According to one witness “Oswald smiled at Tippit when he saw him, ambled over to the scout car, and they had an amicable conversation for almost a minute. Tippit staying in the car and Oswald standing in the street beside his rolled-down car window.”

(6) Buchanan claimed that Eva Grant had told reporters that Ruby and Oswald “were like brothers”.

What do members think? Was Tippit involved in the conspiracy? If so, what was his role?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what was his role?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unwitting accomplice! (polite version)

Dimwit accomplice! (more factual)

The psych profile of Tippit was one in which it was basically stated that he was pretty well devoid of independent thought capability.

Does this sound like someone who could keep a covert assassination plan from getting out?

From all indications, it would appear that Tippit was actually looking/searching for LHO.

That LHO was ultimately captured in the Texas Theatre, and the fact that J. D. Tippit had previously worked there in an off-duty security capacity, is just a tad too much of a coincidence.

--------------------------

Mr. BREWER - He just looked funny to me. Well, in the first place, I had seen him some place before. I think he had been in my store before

---------------------------

And, provided that Johnny Calvin Brewer was correct, this was not LHO's first stroll along West Jefferson.

And in these regards, one must give serious consideration that J.D. Tippit was, in the words of Muhammed Ali, "rope-a-dope" who was involved with LHO, but actually did not even know what it was that he and/or LHO were actually involved with.

"Poor Dumb Cop" was reportedly the quote, was it not?

John, in the Buchanan thread I said I was an agnostic re whether Tippit was part of the conspiracy or not. I am much less so if Ruby knew Tippit well. (Of course, I understand Ruby knew, casually, many members of the Dallas police force.)

I suspect Ruby was involved in the conspiracy before the assassination. I suggest he may have used his contacts on the police force to obtain police uniforms for the conspirators.

Much of the "Ruby knew Tippit" confusion appears to comes from another officer by the name of Tippit of whom Ruby quite apparantly knew.

Fequently giving "birthday" type parties for members of the police force in order to keep his options open, Ruby reportedly gave such a party for an officer named Tippit when he was associated with the other nightclub.

CRS affects the recolletion of this, however it seems as if the other "Tippit" was a detective/plain clothes version.

devoid of independent thought capability. God that's funny.

Does this sound like someone who could keep a covert assassination plan from getting out?

Doesn't even sound like someone who'd be entrusted with such a plan, or even a plan to go buy some bullets.

Is there any photo of Dealey that shows Gordon Arnold standing in front of the stockade fence in military uniform and cap? One would think that, while "Badgeman" is obscured by trees and shadow, Arnold would be register better on film, and might appear in films or photos other than the Moorman photo (source of Badgeman/Arnold images in TMWKK).

As I recall, Bill Miller, who used to post here, argued that Black Dog Man was Arnold. I couldn't buy it but if it's true, there's your photo.

Zapruder's secretary testified that there was a young, black couple sitting on that bench right next to black dog man - why isn't it likely that it's one of those two? few people mention this possibility, so i'm thinking maybe her testimony is suspect? she said they were eating a lunch, and both took off running as the shots rang out. still, that figure is JUST next to the bench...

Dixie: great posting. Harrison Livingstone's book looks very interesting. I have just ordered a copy. Does he mention the Suite 8F Group? I am especially interested in the following members: George Brown and Herman Brown (Brown & Root), Jesse H. Jones (Reconstruction Finance Corporation), Gus Wortham (American General Insurance Company), James Abercrombie (Cameron Iron Works), Hugh R. Cullen (Quintana Petroleum), William Hobby (Houston Post), William Vinson (Great Southern Life Insurance), James Elkins (American General Insurance and Pure Oil Pipe Line), Morgan J. Davis (Humble Oil), Fred Korth (Continental National Bank), Eugene B. Germany (Mustang Oil Company), Lawrence D. Bell (Bell Helicopters), Albert Thomas (chairman of the House Appropriations Committee), John Connally and Edward Clark.

John, have you ever seen this (Torbitt File - I'm sure you have):

http://www.whale.to/b/torbitt.html (very long, but very interesting)

"The principal financiers of Permindex were a number of U.S. oil companies, H. L. Hunt of Dallas, Clint Murchison of Dallas, John DeMenil, Solidarist director of Houston, John Connally as executor of the Sid Richardson estate, Haliburton Oil Co., Senator Robert Kerr of Oklahoma, Troy Post of Dallas, Lloyd Cobb of New Orleans, Dr. Oschner* of New Orleans, George and Herman Brown of Brown and Root, Houston, Attorney Roy M. Cohn, Chairman of the Board for Lionel Corporation, New York City, Schenley Industries of New York City, Walter Dohrnberger, ex-Nazi General and his company, Bell Aerospace, Pan American World Airways, its subsidiary, Intercontinental Hotel Corporation, Paul Raigorodsky of Dallas through his company, Claiborne Oil of New Orleans, Credit Suisse of Canada, Heineken's Brewery of Canada and a host of other munition makers and NASA contractors directed by the Defense Industrial Security Command."

"Fred Korth, Lyndon Johnson's protégée from Fort Worth,Texas, was revealed by the Warren Commission to have been sendingmoney orders and instructions to one of the men impersonatingOswald in Dallas over a period of a few weeks immediately prior tothe assassination. The manager of the Western Union office in Dallas and one of the assistant managers definitely tied Korth to the cabal."

[...]

"On November 22, Osborne and about ten of his riflemen were living at 3126 Harlendale in Oak Cliff, a section of Dallas. Three of his professionals were at Tammie True's house in Fort Worth and Leon Oswald, alias William Seymour ...
At the top was JOHNSON, HOOVER, BLOOMFIELD, NAGY, DeMENIL,PRIO, JENKINS, HUNT, BAKER, JONES, McWILLIE, VON BRAUN,COHN, KORTH, CONNALLY and MURCHISON.
The second layer of participants with supervisory and working assignments under Bloomfield and the first group were Walter Dornberger, ex-Nazi General, Guy Bannister, Albert Osborne of A.C.C.C., E.E. Bradley of A.C.C.C., Morris Dalitz of Las Vegas, Major General John B. Medaris, Robert McKeown, Igor Voshinin, George Bouhe, Peter Gregory, Maurice Gatlin, Sergio Arcacha Smith, Lee Harvey Oswald, William Seymour, David Ferrie, T. Gonzales, Manuel Garcia Gonzales, Layton Martens, Gordon Novel, Walter Sheridan, William Dalzell, Paul Raigorodsky, Joe Bonanno, Dimitri Royster of A.C.C.C., Alex Carlson, George Mandel, Breck Wall, Clay Shaw, Joe Cody, Jake Kosloff, Mike McLaney, Ruth and Mike Paine, Igor Vagonov, Jack Bowen, Mike Ryan, Tammie True, Max Cherry, Patrick Hoy, David Hoy, James Powell and a number of others with limited assignments informed only enough to carry out the assignments with dispatch."

As I recall, Bill Miller, who used to post here, argued that Black Dog Man was Arnold. I couldn't buy it but if it's true, there's your photo.

With advances in technology, it might be time for independent examination of the area in Moorman that produced the Badgeman/Hardhat/Gordon Arnold images.

Edited by David Andrews

With advances in technology, it might be time for independent examination of the area in Moorman that produced the Badgeman/Hardhat/Gordon Arnold images.

David, have you read Donald Phillips book "A deeper darker truth", about the work of Tom Wilson? Wilson said his computer program showed the badgeman clearly.

David, have you read Donald Phillips book "A deeper darker truth", about the work of Tom Wilson? Wilson said his computer program showed the badgeman clearly.

And Gordon Arnold?

I would like to reference something here that was first pointed out by Duncan MacRae. In Willis 6, just to the left of the tree or large bush in front of the concrete wall, is apparently the same Black Dog Man figure that is seen in Willis 5 at the front end of the wall. What does this mean?

http://www.ronaldecker.com/willis6.jpg

Here's a link to the first time I saw this discussed (see post #23):

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=16427&hl=%20gordon%20%20arnold&page=2

And Gordon Arnold?

"After inputting all the date and processing it, Tom was able to confirm beyond any doubt that Gordon Arnold was standing exactly where he said he was and the story about a bullet whizzing past his left ear was true.

Through detailed image processing, Tom was able to demonstrate why critics doubted the presence of both Gordon Arnold and the shooter behind the fence in the Moorman photograph. "They were hidden behind the higher reflective energy of the daylight coming through the image." Tom explained."Human vision could not see them. Only a computer image processing system could strip away the first layer of visual information to expose the shooter and clarify the figure of the witness.""

Excerpt from "A Deeper , Darker Truth" by Donald T Phillips.

Well worth buying.

Edited by Ray Mitcham