The Education Forum

Lucius Conien

Tim Gratz

Zach, or anyone with a copy of ''Edward G. Lansdale A Catalog of His Books and a Register of His Papers at the Air University Library, Compiled by Robert B. Lane and Delores R. Bynum, Maxwell Air Force Base, January 1989' or other means, is it known the date of that North photo?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he means Norths right.

yeah, so Reagan era. Ollie connects to the contras which poss connects to jones which connects to the editor of sold of fort mag which connects to jfk which at the time connects to the SDS and jones and on to cal and on to costa rica at least 75, prob earlier recon when the FSLN were still gathering strength and Somoza was in for a slow dramatic fall.

edit typo

Edited by John Dolva

Lansdale_North1.jpg

Left to right - Andy Messing Jr., Ed Lansdale, unknown, John Singlaub and Oliver North

I believe the photo was taken in the 1980s.

Zach

This photo was taken in 1986, a year before Lansdale's death. Lansdale was meeting with a group of individuals intent on waging the Cold War in Latin America. Left to right Andy Messing Jr., Executive Director National Defense Council; Lansdale; Medardo Justinano; Major Gen. John Singlaub, US Army (Ret.); Lt. Col. Oliver North USMC (Ret.)

North, a controversial figure in the Iran-Contra scandal of the mid-1980s, described himself as "Lansdalian," and according to the Washington Post, "was already Lansdale-ized when he reached the NSC."

Lansdale Papers, Maxwell Air Force Base

see: Edward Lansdale's Cold War By Jonathan Nashel (photos follow p. 126)

Edited by Zach Robertson

• 2 months later...

Here is a series of interesting articles on Lucien Conein and "Assassination Techniques." I would think that from working in the ZRJEWEL program he would be very familiar with the latest in TWEP technology.

From the The Milwaukee Journal - Jan 23, 1975:

Conein1.jpg

Assassination Catalogue Uncovered

Zach