The Education Forum

Larry King and the assassination of JFK

I stumbled across a somewhat tenuous link between Larry King and the assassination of JFK. Larry King's profile on the website www.mugshots.com states

Arrested in Miami on December 20, 1971 on charges of grand larceny, Larry King was in debt to sustain an extravagant lifestyle among other things. There is a connection here to the Kennedy Assassination, as the debt which prompted this arrest was apparently regarding a loan to a financial backer of Jim Garrison. Garrison was the Louisiana district attorney quasi-offically investigating Kennedy's death

Does anyone have information as to who this financial backer of Larry King is? I will take a look in Joan Mellen's book, as that seems the obvious place for information.

Please feel free to add other information relevant to Larry king and the assassination.

John

Please feel free to add other information relevant to Larry king and the assassination.

I'll never forget his interview of E. Howard Hunt. It was in the early 1990's, I believe. They started off the interview like old buddies, with King saying, "Good to see you again, Howard."

King said, "Let's start with Dallas, since there are people who say you were there." To which Hunt said, "Not any sane people, Larry."

When King asked Hunt who he thought did it, Hunt said, "Lee Harvey Oswald." Hunt also referred to the assassination as "the offing of JFK."

The JFK part of the interview was short, as they soon went on to more "interesting" things.

I'll never forget his interview of E. Howard Hunt. It was in the early 1990's, I believe. They started off the interview like old buddies, with King saying, "Good to see you again, Howard."

King said, "Let's start with Dallas, since there are people who say you were there." To which Hunt said, "Not any sane people, Larry."

When King asked Hunt who he thought did it, Hunt said, "Lee Harvey Oswald." Hunt also referred to the assassination as "the offing of JFK."

The JFK part of the interview was short, as they soon went on to more "interesting" things.

I believe Gerry Hemming said something about King knowing Norman Rothman, and knowing of RFK's contacts with mobsters out to get Castro, but I didn't take it too seriously. But who knows?