The Education Forum

Article: The Man in the Doorway Was Oswald

Me too. I'm 6' 5" and the guy looks around my height unless he's standing on something.

The boxes are smaller if they are placed on their side rather than upright. And you are aware that Lovelady was 26 years old - yet looked a lot older IMO.

The more I sit here thinking about this the more I feel I've wasted valuable time on this thread. I really don't know where it takes us. I think it's Lovelady. It looks like Lovelady. If the guy appears taller than Lovelady then he could be standing on something.

If it is Lovelady then he unbuttoned and removed his shirt after viewing the motorcade and then put it back on when he was taken to the station.

If it's not Lovelady them it's some faceless bloke who was about 6'5" unless he was standing on something - who just happened to resemble Lovelady and just happened to be sniffing around the crime scene.

Let's just pick one of the two options and move on?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not Lovelady.

s2b.gif

Not the same angle. The two photo's you show are completely different angles as you can see from the placement of the ear .

Granted, the angles are different, but not that different. That's a pretty big bald spot on Lovelady. IMHO, if that were him on the right, we would be able to see at least a little of it. But we don't. My conclusion: That's not Lovelad

Does anyone else besides Lee Farley and Bill Kelley have an opinion on this?

--Tommy :)

LHO's favorite soft drink was Dr Pepper. I wonder why he (allegedly) bought a Coke that day.

--Tommy :ph34r:

Tommy

I thought the word was "Soda" in America would this not cover all the drinks Dr Pepper,Coke,7Up and Pepsi?.

[...]

Ian

Ian,

Someone (Duke Lane?) once said that back in 1963 in Texas the word "Coke" was used generically to mean any kind of soft drink, for example R.C. Cola, Hires Root Beer, Coca-Cola, Nehi, Nesbitt's, Dr. Pepper, etc. My (non-Texas) experience is that "Coke" is and was used just to signify the soft drink Coca-Cola. The words "pop" or "soda" are used generically.

So, was LHO seen with a Coca-Cola (aka "Coke") or a Dr. Pepper? :lol:

Edited by Thomas Graves

Could this be the same guy? He appears to be very tall.

tmtsbd1.gif

Duncan,

I just found out from ancestry.com's military records that when Jack E. Dougherty (born in 1923 in Texas) enlisted in (Army) Air Corps in Dallas on 11/24/42, he was 74 inches tall (6'2") and weighed 165 pounds. He would have been 19 years old at the time.

Edited by Thomas Graves

tmtsbd1.gif

Duncan,

I just found out from ancestry.com's military records that when Jack E. Dougherty (born in 1923 in Texas) enlisted in (Army) Air Corps in Dallas on 11/24/42, he was 74 inches tall (6'2") and weighed 165 pounds. He would have been 19 years old at the time.

Tommy

Jack would have been 40 in 63 And after years of manual work would have Bulked up a bit .The guy in the picture has large shoulders and neck (unless he worked out ) I would say he was a manual worker.In my trade(stonemason)you get large around the shoulders and neck due to the constant lifting onto a bench.No doubt this guy moved a lot of something on a regular basis.Jack Dougherty is very elusive when it comes to his past I email his Alumni every year to get a picture from his old school album maybe someone else could try it from Stateside the address is:-

http://sunsetalumniassociation.homestead.com/MessageCenter.html

I think I traced him to an airfield in Indiana (Freeman airfield) for his army service.

Ian

tmtsbd1.gif

Duncan,

I just found out from ancestry.com's military records that when Jack E. Dougherty (born in 1923 in Texas) enlisted in (Army) Air Corps in Dallas on 11/24/42, he was 74 inches tall (6'2") and weighed 165 pounds. He would have been 19 years old at the time. I've also found out that his family was living at 1827 S. Marsalis Ave in Oak Cliff when he was born.

FWIW, I don't think his relatively light weight when he was nineteen years old eliminates the possibility of Dougherty's being the guy in the video clip. He'd probably put on some weight by the age of forty. Take me, for example. When I was 19 I was 6'4 3/4" and weighed 170 pounds. After many years of hard physical work (landscaping and construction "labor"), and lots of surfing and some serious beer drinking, I was up to 220 pounds by the age of 40. :D

Tommy

Jack would have been 40 in 63 And after years of manual work would have Bulked up a bit .The guy in the picture has large shoulders and neck (unless he worked out ) I would say he was a manual worker.In my trade(stonemason)you get large around the shoulders and neck due to the constant lifting onto a bench.No doubt this guy moved a lot of something on a regular basis.Jack Dougherty is very elusive when it comes to his past I email his Alumni every year to get a picture from his old school album maybe someone else could try it from Stateside the address is:-

http://sunsetalumniassociation.homestead.com/MessageCenter.html

I think I traced him to an airfield in Indiana (Freeman airfield) for his army service.

Ian

Ian,

What's interesting is that Dougherty was 6'2" tall when he was 19 years old, considerably taller than Lovelady (who I've read may have been as short as 5'4").

Edited by Thomas Graves

tmtsbd1.gif

Duncan,

I've never seen this video before. Who shot it? Whover the guy in the T-shirt is, it looks to me as though he's either going to lead the other guys up the stair way or be arrested by them.

Thanks,

Edited by Thomas Graves

[...]

Duncan,

I've never seen this video before. Who shot it? Whover the guy in the T-shirt is, it looks to me as though he's either going to lead the other guys up the stair way or be arrested by them.

Thanks,

It's from the same Tom Alyea film that shows the disputed big guy.

Gee Duncan, that's great. Is it from an Alyea out take? Could you please tell us where it can be viewed in its entirety?

Edited by Thomas Graves

[...]

Duncan,

Thanks,

It's from the same Tom Alyea film that shows the disputed big guy.

Gee Duncan, that's great. Is it from an Alyea out take? Could you please tell us where it can be viewed in its entirety?

It's at the 1.08 mark.

Thanks, Duncan!

[...]

Lee,

Do you think the guy with the red mark on his jacket is Jack Dougherty? You know, in the Woods photo that you posted?

Thanks,

I'm waiting to see if Bernice can pull up the photograph that was posted a while back that purported to show Dougherty. From memory it certainly looks like the same guy from the photo I saw a few years ago.

[...]

bump