The Education Forum

Couch/Kouch/Walker/Osborne/Silviera/DRE

Greg Parker

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were lots of interesting people "coming and going" with regards to Madrid, one being Albert Osborne, or John Bowen or whoever the hell he was.

Osborne was in Madrid? That's news to me. Can you elaborate?

From Ron Ecker's "From Grimsby with Love"

Osborne told his older brother Walter, whom he suddenly visited that November in the Old Folks Home in Grimsby, that he was traveling to Prestwick, Scotland, with a group of scientists who were going to Iceland to photograph a volcano that had emerged from the ocean. 38 Osborne visited his sister Mrs. Emily (Lillie) Featherstone in a rural district outside of Grimsby, where he stayed four or five days. According to Lillie, he then left for London, stating that he was going to Spain. 39 It is not known where Osborne was on November 22, the day of the JFK assassination. On December 5, he boarded an Icelandic Airlines flight in Luxembourg, Belgium, and flew to New York City. 40 Lillie received a letter from Osborne, dated December 14 and postmarked New York City, stating that he had arrived back in the United States on December 5. 41

Perhaps Osborne was also related to the famous Osborne Sherry and Brandy folks - renowned throughout Spain for their bull.

- lee

Robert Howard post hijacked from Hunt thread with my comments in red.

Items for further exploration

3 DRE Meeting's held in Dallas/Ft Worth 2 on October 13, 1963

Among those present at the October 13th meetings:

[see Ana Silviera List DRE WCD 246 page 22]

Robert, is it possible for you to post the full list? If it's too long, no problem.

Silviera was a Cuban exile who arrived in US in 1962. James has said in another thread, she is of some interest. From what I've found since first hearing about her from James, I'd have to agree.

Gen Walker

Mal Kouch

Clifford M Derzapf of "The Shield"

Karen Martin

Dallas Morning News

Mrs Augustina Fernandez

Dallas University

Is Mal Kouch the same person as Malcolm Couch? Those interested in further inquiry might be interested in

http://www.answers.com/topic/mal-couch

I'll go out on a limb and say it's the same person. His Seminary is a degree mill. His association with Tim LaHaye is noted.

This is from Rolling Stone Magazine:

Timothy LaHaye, one of the most influential leaders of the Christian right, and a man who played a quiet but pivotal role in putting George W. Bush in the White House. If you know LaHaye at all, it's for his series of best-selling apocalyptic novels. You've seen the Left Behind novels everywhere: aboard airplanes, at the beach, in massive displays at Wal-Mart. In the nine years since the publication of the first novel, the series has sold 60 million copies. Next to the authors of the Bible itself, who didn't get royalties, LaHaye is Christianity's biggest publishing success ever.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story...erend_doomsday/

It may not be entirely coincidental that Robert Morris was likewise handing out dodgy doctorates at his little educational institution (but more on that in further instalments of his timeline).

Liebeler actually confronted Walker about his "donation" re the DRE Meeting

See

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...absPageId=20435

I recall it's been claimed here in the past that Walker was a little shy of moolah back then - which makes his $5.00 donation seem reasonable. I don't it. He had hired help, ran a publishing company and did the lecture circuit. On top of that. he had a whole swag of filthy rich biddies who thought he was a handsome batchelor pouring money into his coffers. So I say - $5.00 my ass!

But back to Hunt.....See Madrid, as in Madrid, Spain although Hunt's official position has been that he wasn't in Madrid until the post-assassination era, plausible denial, does introduce the issue of whether anything stated of dramatic import, should perhap's be taken with a grain of salt.

There were lots of interesting people "coming and going" with regards to Madrid, one being Albert Osborne, or John Bowen or whoever the hell he was.

Osborne was in Madrid? That's news to me. Can you elaborate?

Here is the pertinent section of WCD 246 - FBI O'Connor Report of 31 Dec 1963 re: Oswald Ana Sylveira List

Certainly one of the more significant Warren Commission Documents would be WCD 246 - FBI O'Connor Report of 31 Dec 1963 re: Oswald

This document explores various incidents involving individuals and groups associated with JURE and the DRE; Part of this document

contains what is known as the Ana Sylveira List; The excerpted portion of WCD 246 follows:

"Miss ANA SYLVEIRA, Age 78, 1309 Brickell Avenue, Miami Florida, a member of the (DRE Directorio Revolucionario Estudiantil Student Directorate of Cuba), advised that she had gone to Dallas, Texas from Miami, Florida for an open meeting of the DRE in that city held on October 13, 1963. She stated that on October 13, 1963 a meeting for Spanish speaking persons was held at about 1:00 P.M. in the Dreyfus Club, Dallas and she estimated about 70 persons attended this meeting.

She said a second meeting was held at about 8:00 P.M., October 13, 1963 in a conference room over a bank in a shopping center at Dallas, and this meeting was for English speaking persons, and she estimated about 30 attended. She stated that these meetings had previously had been advertised at Dallas in order to give the interested public an opportunity to hear discussion by DRE members of the Cuban situation.

Miss SYLVEIRA stated that at the meeting on October 13, 1963 a sheet of paper was passed among those in attendance and those who were interested in recieving the bi-weekly English language publication, THE CUBAN REPORT, which is composed by the DRE in Miami, were requested to furnish their names and address. She stated she also made note of those who had made financial contributions to the DRE at the meeting.

Miss SYLVEIRA stated she had the list at the office of the DRE in Miami, and she was relatively certain the name LEE HARVEY OSWALD was not included in the list. She further stated that she has seen many photos of OSWALD since the assassination and is relatively certain that he was not among those present at the meeting.

On December 23, 1963, Miss SYLVEIRA was contacted at the DRE offices, 1705 S.W. 3rd Avenue, Miami, Florida at which time she made available the list of those who attended the meeting in Dallas, on October 13, 1963. This is a typewritten list and Miss Sylveira advised that she had disposed of the original paper bearing the names and addresses which had been passed in the audience at Dallas.

The list made by Miss SYLVEIRA is as follows

Mr Les Baker

1417 Lincoln F.W. $250

Mrs Joseph D. Kennedy

Rt. 3 Box 111, F.W. $15

Mr J Paul Donovan

4721 Crestline Rd F.W. $5

Mr James S. Gallagher

4117 Whitfield F.W. 9 $5

Mr Peter Gifford

Gifford Hill and Co

Fidelity Union Tower, D $100

Mrs Rosemary Hambleton

4012 Marquett, D. $10

Mr Jim Woeber

1218 Brookholow Dr. $5

Mr and Mrs Peter Corolla

103105 Lake Gardens Drive., D. 28 $5

Mrs J.E. Evans

5706 Boca Raton, D. $15

Gen. Edwin Walker

P. O. Box 2428 D. $5

Mrs Bassett Watson

P. O. Box 6331, D. 22 $5

Mr and Mrs Dahm

11219 Shelterwood Lane D. $ 5

Rick Kilgore

2500 W Newton Cr., $1

Mrs W. A. Lanfer

5309 W Rutland $7

Dorothy Nuss

3101 W 6th Ave D.

Mrs Marlene Kelly

2901 Westfield Avenue F.W.

Ft. Worth Freedom Center

5505 W. Rosedale, F.W. 7

Mrs James L Minahan

2311 Warner Rd, F.W.

Mr W.G. Clarckson, Jr.

129 Williamsburg Lane

Fort Worth, 7 Texas

Mrs Gordon Fitzgerald

109 Westrein F.W. 7

Frances M. Kenna

1501 Hurley F.W. 7

Mrs Rene Sweet

3125 Major Street F.W. 21

H.G. Miller

3560 Townsend Dr

J.J. Bewn

4004 Boyd Ave, D 21

Dr Anthony Kubek

P O Box 1330 D. 21

Dwayne Gentosch

3213 Pecan, Garland

Clifford M Derzapf "The Shield"

P. O. Box 1330 D. 21

Dale W K.K.

6731 Shadybrook apt 253. D 31

Steve Dwys

627 Kessley Lake D

Mrs James L Friemuth

9640 Lynbrook Dr, D 18

Mal Kouch

4215 Live Oak, D

Karen Martin Dallas Morning News

Mrs Augustina Fernandez - Dallas University

P.O. Box 1330

Miss SYLVEIRA pointed out that the last nine names on the list were the names of

individuals who attended a meeting by the DRE at Ft Worth held at approximately 5:00 PM

on October 20, 1963 at a bank near Ft Worth on the expressway running from Ft. Worth to Dallas

Miss SYLVEIRA said this meeting was also in English and was held at the request of

Mrs W. A. Lanfer, 5309 W Rutland who had attended the October 13, 1963 meeting in Dallas."

There was a John Kilgore who was making claims about Lee Oswald working, or coming in to get paychecks at Bilbo Trucking Co.,

See the following: The following investigation was conducted by Edward C. Morgan, Jr:

AT SHREVEPORT, LOUISIANA:

On November 27, 1963, Major ORVILLE RICHARDS Identification Officer, Shreveport Police Department; made available the arrest record of JOHN DAVID KILGORE, Shreveport Police Department #68059. This reflects an arrest on July 26, 1959 for investigation of "false statement." He was sentenced on August 14, 1959 to a $50 fine or 15 days in jail, and an additional 15 days in jail, for a violation of Paragraph 5 Article 174 Louisiana Code. No other local arrest was shown. He was described as born August 14, 1917, Haskell, Texas, white male 6-5" 204 pounds. dark brown hair, blue eyes, ruddy complexion, address 1824 Highland Avenue, Employment as driver for Yellow Cab Company.

The investigative report on this arrest shows KILGORE had reported being robbed, but subsequently admitted his report was false and he had not been robbed.

This record contained an FBI Indentification Record recieved August 2, 1959, FBI #250840D, which showed one prior arrest on March 7, 1948, by the Police Department, Wichita Falls, Texas, for investigation of forgery. He was released, date not shown.

The following investigation was conducted by DONALD R. BELMONT:

AT BOSSIER CITY, LOUISIANA:

On November 27, 1963, WILLIAM THORNTON Identification Officer, Bossier City Police Department, advised his records reflect JOHN DAVID KILGORE, White male, born August 14, 1917, Haskley, Texas, address 2718 2nd Avenue, Shreveport, was arrested on a charge of forgery, December 1, 1961, and was subsequently transferred to the Bossier City Jail, Benton, Louisiana. Final disposition not shown. THORNTON advised this individual has FBI #250840D.

The following investigation was conducted by JAMES A. WOOTEN:

AT BENTON, LOUISIANA:

On November 27, 1963, Deputy, W.E. Jones, Bossier Parish Sheriff's Office, advised his records reflect JOHN DAVID KILGORE, was recieved from the Bossier City Police Department, date unknown on a charge of forgery and was sentenced on January 15, 1962, to one year in the Louisiana State Penitentiary, Angola, Louisiana. This record shows his address as Jefferson Hotel, Shreveport, Louisiana, occupation bull dozer operator. It reflects birthplace as Haskell, Louisiana, but does not indicate birth date.

WCD RE: allegations of Kilgore

But back to the Live Oak section of Dallas, Mal Kouch would seem to be one and the same as Malcolm Couch as the address on the list matches Malcolm Couch's office address, I do believe....

The interesting thing, [irrespective as to whether Rick and John Kilgore were related, obviously they may have not been, and it is just an observation] are the potential of the John Kilgore "Oswald sighting" is that there are no indications that Oswald was working at Bilbo Trucking Co; [as far as I know] which seems to make the following all the more interesting......."Chalet Restaurant Nancy Perrin Rich WC Vol 26 615-639 Nancy admits knowing Detective Paul T. Rayburn very well and he admits knowing her She lives at 4803 Junius and on Live Oak. Her husband owns a Nash Station Wagon and is with Nancy at the three meetings

[Dates

1st very early [Jan?] 1963

2nd 9-6-63

3rd 9-11-63;

that they attend at the home of Dave Cherry, the second meeting has several notables a Cuban, the son

of Vito Genovese and [a Army or Air Force Col., or Lt Col] wasn't there an Army Col who was with Ruby when he buys a gun that was supposed to go to Lewis McWillie?

Nancy Perrin Rich works at the Carousel Club until July or August 1963 then quits and works at the Chalet Restaurant up until two weeks of leaving Dallas in October see below

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...mp;relPageId=40

Husband Robert Perrin aka Robert Starr a "writer" who also had a history of psychiatric treatment and who killed himself, with arsenic, in 1962.

What makes this more than just an accumulation of information is that there was an Oswald impersonation at the very same Chalet Restaurant, with a reservation made at said restaurant by someone named Oswald; additionally there was a phone number provided to the Chalet by said "Oswald" it was LA6-5007. Nor was this the only example, of trails being laid placing Oswald at certain restaurants

FOX & HOUNDS RESTAURANT, ----- -----

Sources: CD 7, p. 344

Mary's

Comments:Lee Oswald, Dallas, Texas, was written in guest register sometime prior to Nov 29, 1963.

A final note re Malcolm Couch, my only point is that his positioning as an impartial media person, seems suspect to me in light of his attending a DRE Meeting, a month before the assassination. Hell, maybe he was undercover.....for all I know, why is there so little on the map about this meeting? [that there WAS a meeting seems beyond question....Edwin Walker confirms he was at it and gave his $5 when he gave his WC Deposition; I mean the Sylveira List was in the Warren Commission Documents for gosh sakes

I feel strongly that there are elements of a coverup embedded in the official version of events, there is no one and should be no-one whose credentials are beyond reproach especially in light of other areas.

I dare anyone familiar with the background of David Ferrie to state that the biographical info on this link......

http://www.answers.com/topic/mal-couch

to say it isn't similar to certain activities of the late David Ferrie, hint.....remember Dave and "The Old Roman Catholic Church"

Also, I am very familiar with the issue of Nancy Perrin's credibility or lack of it, I think her statements were more of an inconvenient truth, or, partial truth, lol.

A last factoid: Did you know that Mary Bledsoe's son, it has been asserted was ALSO in David Ferrie's CAP Unit, besides Oswald...Is that true?

As a final note, IF "Eduardo" was in Dallas before the assassination, or any other intelligence operatives, you can bet your ass they were all over meetings such as the one being pondered, monitoring that is...

Cheers

Probably mispelled when first written down by Silverria. From a 2003 DMN story... "That little piece of metal sticking out the window started it all," said Couch, who teaches at Tyndale Theological Seminary in Fort Worth and who believes in the prophecies from the Book of Revelations. "I count that as the change in America, from that point forward," he says. "But for me, it cuts even deeper. The Bible speaks of the end of days. So I see it as the beginning piece of the train of the last days. "And I was there when it happened." Couch needs far more research, especially in regard to his association with LaHaye. LaHaye in fact, may have been the reason for the war in Iraq... a means of bringing on the "end of days" and "the rapture" Refer to Rolling Stone story provided in previous post. (Greg Parker)

Sidebar on Couch.

In the mid 1970's, Couch was behind a major study tour of Israel. He was the founder and president of the Evangelical Communications Research Foundation and had worked closely with the Israeli government in regard to films and various research projects.

James

Robert,

"Chalet Restaurant Nancy Perrin Rich WC Vol 26 615-639 Nancy admits knowing Detective Paul T. Rayburn very well and he admits knowing her She lives at 4803 Junius and on Live Oak. Her husband owns a Nash Station Wagon and is with Nancy at the three meetings

[Dates

2nd 9-6-63

3rd 9-11-63;

A final note re Malcolm Couch, my only point is that his positioning as an impartial media person, seems suspect to me in light of his attending a DRE Meeting, a month before the assassination. Hell, maybe he was undercover.....for all I know, why is there so little on the map about this meeting? [that there WAS a meeting seems beyond question....Edwin Walker confirms he was at it and gave his $5 when he gave his WC Deposition; I mean the Sylveira List was in the Warren Commission Documents for gosh sakes

Weren't those meetings in 1961?

It would be hard for Robert to have attended meetings in 1963 if he died in 1962.

I figure Couch attended the DRE meeting as a representative of WFAA-TV. There were several media people there.

Steve Thomas

Robert,
"Chalet Restaurant Nancy Perrin Rich WC Vol 26 615-639 Nancy admits knowing Detective Paul T. Rayburn very well and he admits knowing her She lives at 4803 Junius and on Live Oak. Her husband owns a Nash Station Wagon and is with Nancy at the three meetings

[Dates

2nd 9-6-63

3rd 9-11-63;

Weren't those meetings in 1961?

It would be hard for Robert to have attended meetings in 1963 if he died in 1962.

Steve, maybe he was there in spirit? :rolleyes:

I figure Couch attended the DRE meeting as a representative of WFAA-TV.

"Miss SYLVEIRA stated that at the meeting on October 13, 1963 a sheet of paper was passed among those in attendance and those who were interested in recieving the bi-weekly English language publication, THE CUBAN REPORT, which is composed by the DRE in Miami, were requested to furnish their names and address."

It appears from the above that he was interested in the organisation - otherwise his name would not appear on the list.

There were several media people there.

Are any of their names on the list?

Steve Thomas

I have been active on a lot of other fronts, and apologize for my tardiness, in responding to the inquiries. With regards to the age of Ana Silveira, that apparently was a typo, as that was the age listed on the WC Document, obviously in error.

The bank in question, which was referenced as one of the meeting places for the DRE meetings, referenced in the original thread was the 1st Federal Savings & Loan Association Building in North Lake Shopping Village, in Dallas, Texas.

Steve. is quite correct in pointing out the meetings Nancy Perrin Rich testified regarding took place in 1961. On the issue of Robert Perrin's death, the topic is not one in which I am intimately familiar with. I am not familiar with Nancy and Robert Perrin's activities, backwards and forwards. But I, did not help matters any, in failing to point out that there are, in this topic thread, two set's of meetings; there are the DRE meetings, and then there are the meetings referenced by Nancy Perrin Rich. The WC Documentation of the 3 DRE meetings, [or the documents that I have referenced so far] in 1963 in Dallas are recorded as consisting of two meetings held on 10-13-1963 and the third meeting held on 10-20-1963. The meetings at which Nancy Perrin mentions with the assorted cast of characters, was indeed in thw year 1961, but that aside, the month and date information, should be accurate.

I will be updating this thread, and will try to dot the "i," 's and cross the "t," 's, so to speak.

In the meantime......