The Education Forum

Photo of LHO Lookalike in Ruby's Club

This is my first post on this forum. I tried to join years ago and was told it was closed to newcomers. Recently, a current member told me that it was now open to newcomers, so I'm glad I could join.

Anyway, I've learned a lot about the JFK case through the years but then came across the photo of an Oswald lookalike in Ruby's bar which is pretty amazing:

Photo of LHO Lookalike in Ruby's Club

Can someone tell me if that lookalike was ever identified or when the photo was taken?

Thanks.

On 12/20/2015 at 10:43 AM, Sandy Larsen said:

I don't think he looks like Oswald at all. Though he does look like the guy in the inset picture who is supposed to be Oswald. Especially the hairline... nearly an exact match IMO. The ears look too big though.

Sandy,

Oh, you mean "Not Marina's Husband" aka The Guy Ruby Didn't Shoot" -- Harvey Lee Henry Oswald.

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

I don't think he looks like Oswald at all. Though he does look like the guy in the inset picture who is supposed to be Oswald. Especially the hairline... nearly an exact match IMO. The ears look too big though.

Sandy,

Oh, you mean "Not Marina's Husband" aka The Guy Ruby Didn't Shoot" -- Harvey Lee Henry Oswald.

--Tommy :sun

Yeah, I guess so. I just don't think the guy in the inset photo looks like Oswald. But he does look like the guy at Ruby's club in the photo.

Thanks all. Not to get too speculative but I was curious more than anything about exactly who was in the photo.

I do know this - there were plenty of verified sightings of someone impersonating Oswald, such as at the gun range where "LHO" shot at another person's target, the time where he went to a car dealer and said he's going to come into a great deal of money soon, and of course the fake Oswald who supposedly was in Mexico in October 1963 (and who, none other than J Edgar Hoover said was not the Oswald sitting in jail on 11/22).

The subject looks more like Frank Sturgis (aka: Frank Fiorini), than it does Oswald, IMO. I'm not saying I think it is Sturgis, but I don't see a very strong a resemblance to Oswald.

I guess I stand alone. That picture looks shockingly like LEE Oswald, if you believe in Harvey and Lee, the 2 Oswalds. However, if you look closely at the Passport photo, you will see that it's been tampered with. Resize it and you can see a white line right below the eyes. The man in the club is definitely not the man shot by Ruby.

Kathy C

Hi Ray - I understand what you mean. The whole point of when I asked about the man in the photo (circled) at the beginning of this post was:

1. Has anyone ever identified who this person was?

2. When was it taken?

#2 would be critically helpful because as you may be aware, there were numerous sightings of either the real LHO or a lookalike hanging around Ruby's nightclub during the latter part of 1963. This is critical info because it would show that Ruby and LHO - or at least a lookalike - was planning to set up LHO as the fall guy on 11/22.

So I agree that the man in the circle is not 100% identical to the man DPD arrested on 11/22. But there are some similarities - the droopy ears, the pinched mouth, and the bright eyes.

The record states that LHO or an impostor was going around in the summer and fall of '63 doing "outrageous" things - saying he was coming into money at a car dealership; shooting other people's targets at a range - and so on. I've always wondered just how much the impostor looked like the real LHO. The man in the circle certainly does have some similarities and as far as I know, the photo was taken in Ruby's strip joint.

The hairline is different in the two photos.

I disagree, Ray. The hairline is the same. Take a real close look. There's a "notch" in the hairline just like the passport photo. It just seems like the hair is combed just slightly different than the other photo. Also, in the Club Oswald's left ear looks bigger because I believe something or someone is right behind it. Maybe someone's hand.

Kathy C