The Education Forum

Confirming PD SCOTT

Confirming PD SCOTT

=========================

PD Scott in Dallas Conspiracy quoted Stephen Birmingham that Empire Trust maintained ,"something like a private CIA around the world to protect their investments.."(Our Crowd,Harper and Row ,1967,p.378). However there was no documentation in said book. John Crichton Army Reserve intelligence officer was part of Empire Trust. Crichton's claim to fame was hiring Ilya Mamantov to mistranslate Marina in an incriminating fashion her husband. I did find a second intelligence officer connected to Empire Trust.

At the National American Bank in New Orleans was director Leon Tujague (who gave LHO first job and LHO also had problematic Social Security number at age 15/half),director Clem A. Shert (Oswald family attorney) and later President of said bank, director Seymour Weiss a Lansky associate and director Ernest Carrere former Navy intelligence officer. Carrere was director of Louisiana Land and Exploration Co. which was owned by Empire Trust. Carrere was also John Mecoms Jr. attorney. John Mecom SR & JR (mob) were friends with DeMohrenschildt.

John Mecom Sr was part of the CIA connected San Jacinto Foundation which was one of the first groups to ask JFK to come to Dallas. That Carrere was Naval intelligence and connected to Empire Trust bolsters Birmingham's claim that Empire Trust had its own private CIA. Empire Trust whose leading shareholders were the inter-related familes of Kuhn,Loeb,Lehman and Bronfman. The Kuhn, Loeb-Morgan alliance, maintain close relationships with the House of Rothschild, said Rothschild's controlled the First National Bank Of Houston.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

END NOTES

HAYDEL, ROGER J.

IRS 1040A reflected income from Jahncke Service, Inc., and National

American Bank, New Orleans.

http://www.maryferre...bsPageId=515373

############################

Edited by Steven Gaal

It is not always easy to obtain information on the foundations which have sustained NSA's international operations. Take the San Jacinto Foundation, for example. In the past, San Jacinto has not only funded important portions of NSA's international program, but it has also given huge sums of money to the program budget of the ISC. In particular, it has been overly generous in supporting The Student, an ISC publication printed in five languages and distributed all over the world as an anti-communist weapon.

One other interesting fact about the San Jacinto Foundation is that, like the J. Frederick Brown Foundation, it has contributed to the CIA-suspect American Friends of the Middle East. No one at NSA, or ISC for that matter, appears to have the vaguest notion of what the San Jacinto Foundation is, who is on its board of directors or where its money comes from. San Jacinto has also apparently managed to avoid the reporting procedures required by law of all tax-exempt foundations. No records for it have been entered at the district office of the Internal Revenue Service in Austin, or with the secretary of the State of Texas, or with the county clerk.

San Jacinto's mailing address is the offices of F.G. O'Conner in the San Jacinto Building in downtown Houston. Mr. O'Conner is the secretary of the foundation. When asked by Ramparts' peripatetic reporter for some information about the foundation, Mr. O'Conner, a graying, distinguished-looking man in his sixties replied, it is a private, closed foundation, never had any publicity and doesn't want any.

Steven

Follow the money I guess?

http://www.mikepiper...al_Swindle.html

Ian

Yes neo-Nazis make very credible sources.

Like a nice Chimmichurri ?.

Any old nazis still in your neck of the woods?.

98'][/font]

Gall:

1. The 1st part of your post is incoherent, please translate to English
  2. Did you actually read Our Crowd or at least the appropriate passage or did you get your info from Scott?

Bumped for Gaal

Edited by Len Colby

• 2 weeks later...

Gall: [...]

2. Did you actually read Our Crowd or at least the appropriate passage or did you get your info from Scott?

I asked because Scott misquoted and distorted Birmingham. Here is the relevant passage [1, 2]:

John Loeb's new firm opened its doors in January, 1931. Six years later, through a merger with Rhoades & Company, an old gentile firm that needed money, the Loebs' firm, which needed a prestige name, became Carl M. Loeb, Rhoades & Company. Like his banking predecessors, John Loeb has kept his house tightly "in the family," employing among others, his son, John Loeb, Jr., a nephew, Thomas Kempner, and until his recent death, a son-in-law, Richard Beaty, as Loeb, Rhoades partners. . . .

Thanks to antennae around the world that amount to something very like a private CIA, he completed the sale of the firm's major Cuban sugar holdings the day before Fidel Castro took over...

So the author of Our Crowd was referring to Loeb, Rhoades & Co not Empire Trust Co. a totally separate company the only connection again citing Our Crowd [1,2] was that “the Bronfman millions, however, have joined Loeb-Lehman and Bache holdings to make up the largest single holding of stock in New York's Empire Trust Company” [one Loeb had married Bache another a Bronfman]. But worse is that Birmingham meant intelligence gathering not covert ops, Scott however omitted reference to the former to imply the latter.

As for Carrere he served in Naval Intelligence during WWII [3], Julia Child served in the OSS during the same period so by your “logic” one might suspect that any organization she worked for had "something like a private CIA around the world.”

As for Crichton get back to us with evidence he was intel and worked for Empire Trust.

said Rothschild's controlled the First National Bank Of Houston.

1] http://books.google.com.br/books?ei=WlNzUZXrG4uq0AGH3YCQAg&id=8b54AAAAMAAJ&dq=our+crowd&q=antennae#search_anchor

2] http://quixoticjoust.blogspot.com.br/2011/05/spooky-houston-syndicate.html

3] http://whatssospecialaboutneworleans.blogspot.com/2010/11/newcomb-girls-were-different-breed.html

Edited by Len Colby

• 1 year later...

Colby vs Minor,Simkin and Gaal

))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

Len Colby, on 21 Apr 2013 - 06:04 AM, said:

Gall: [...]

I asked because Scott misquoted and distorted Birmingham. Here is the relevant passage [1, 2]:

John Loeb's new firm opened its doors in January, 1931. Six years later, through a merger with Rhoades & Company, an old gentile firm that needed money, the Loebs' firm, which needed a prestige name, became Carl M. Loeb, Rhoades & Company. Like his banking predecessors, John Loeb has kept his house tightly "in the family," employing among others, his son, John Loeb, Jr., a nephew, Thomas Kempner, and until his recent death, a son-in-law, Richard Beaty, as Loeb, Rhoades partners. . . .

Thanks to antennae around the world that amount to something very like a private CIA, he completed the sale of the firm's major Cuban sugar holdings the day before Fidel Castro took over...

So the author of Our Crowd was referring to Loeb, Rhoades & Co not Empire Trust Co. a totally separate company the only connection again citing Our Crowd [1,2] was that “the Bronfman millions, however, have joined Loeb-Lehman and Bache holdings to make up the largest single holding of stock in New York's Empire Trust Company” [one Loeb had married Bache another a Bronfman]. But worse is that Birmingham meant intelligence gathering not covert ops, Scott however omitted reference to the former to imply the latter.

As for Carrere he served in Naval Intelligence during WWII [3], Julia Child served in the OSS during the same period so by your “logic” one might suspect that any organization she worked for had "something like a private CIA around the world.”

As for Crichton get back to us with evidence he was intel and worked for Empire Trust.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=13934

LINDA MINOR

##############################

Years ago I wrote about the Empire Trust, as follows:

My familiarity with the Empire Trust first arose while studying the JFK assassination. In Dick Russell's book, The Man Who Knew Too Much , at pp. 614-615, under a section called "Origins of the Cover-up" there is a description of a group of Dallas men who surrounded Marina Oswald as soon as her husband had been arrested, but before he was killed by Jack Ruby. These were intelligence operatives seeking out Russian speakers. Ilya Mamantov spoke Russian. A geologist with Sun Oil, he received a call five hours after the assassination from Jack Crichton, who was at that time the president of Nafco Oil and Gas, Inc. and a former Military Intelligence officer then attached to Army Reserve Intelligence. In the footnote following this information (found at pp. 792-93 fn. 14), Russell states:

Crichton background: The 1963 Dallas City telephone directory lists Crichton as president of Nafco Oil and Gas, Inc. A short article on Page 26A of the Dallas Morning News (February 16, 1975) identified him as a "millionaire oilman." Researcher Peter Dale Scott's unpublished 1971 "The Dallas Conspiracy," pp. III-16-17 notes that Crichton until 1962 "was also a Vice-President of the Empire Trust Company, a firm whose leading shareholders, the inter-related families of Loeb, Lehman and Bronfman are said by Stephen Birmingham to have maintained 'something very like a private CIA ... around the world' to protect other investments such as in Cuba, in Guatemala, and in General Dynamics." One of Empire Trust's directors was, Scott notes, Lewis W. MacNaughton--the employer of George Bouhe, one of the first members of Dallas's Russian community to meet Oswald.

I had followed Russell's lead and learned more about Lewis MacNaughton, whose partner in Dallas had been Everette DeGolyer, a director of Dresser Industries in Dallas from 1954 until his death in 1956, when he was replaced on the Dresser board by MacNaughton until 1969. Prior to moving to Dallas, DeGolyer, an Oklahoma native, had worked for Amerada Petroleum in New York (where the Empire Trust was located), leaving there to start a geological consulting firm called DeGolyer and MacNaughton. [source: Darwin Payne, Initiative in Energy: Dresser Industries, Inc. 1880-1978 (New York: Simon and Schuster, 1979), pp. 232 and 388.] DeGolyer’s death was reported in a December 15, 1956 Houston Post article, which stated that he "shot himself to death Friday in his Dallas office.... His death was ruled a suicide…."

I then underwent a long chain of research into the background of Everette DeGolyer and his career. DeGolyer founded Amerada in 1919 for Lord Cowdray, real name Sir Weetman Pearson, who had extensive oil interests in Mexico. In 1969 Amerada (1) would merge with the Hess Oil Co. (founded in 1925 by Leon Hess in New Jersey). Hess' wife, Leota, was the daughter of a long-time Houston banker named Joseph F. Meyer and is mentioned in Pete Brewton's book, The Mafia, the CIA and George Bush in connection to the Meyerland Plaza development which Brewton connected to massive financial fraud of the 1980s--much of which he connected to George Bush's friend in Houston, Walter Mischer. In following those clues, I learned that Mischer had acquired his group of banks in Houston from a supposed "wildcatter" oilman named Michel Halbouty. This led me to another new wheel of intrigue, which I hope will serve to enlighten rather than to add more confusion.

The most illuminating book about Halbouty is by Jack Donahue called Wildcatter: The Story of Michel T. Halbouty and the Search for Oil (McGraw-Hill Book Co., 1979). At p. 135 thereof he indicates that Halbouty's funding for his wildcatting exploration came from the Empire Trust in New York. Empire paid 100 percent of the cost of the first well in a new area where Halbouty had explored and acquired leases at his own expense. After discovery, costs of other wells were split evenly; profits were divided fifty-fifty after payout. Both parties, for example, put up about three million dollars for the 1956 exploration program. Empire Trust had the option of non-participation in the drilling of any new area. In another separate venture, Halbouty went to New York to discuss with Empire Trust whether they wanted to participate in that deal on the same terms. They agreed and made a lot of money as a result.

Michel Halbouty was one of the initial investors of Continental Bank, later sold to Mischer. Biographer Donahue at p. 171 described the founding of the bank as follows:

Halbouty . . . was walking down Main Street when he bumped into W.P. (Willie) Wells. Wells was a pretty fair country-boy promoter with heavy banking experience. He was trying to put together the Continental Bank. There on the sidewalk he sold Halbouty a sizable interest. Hardin and Noel also got a piece. Halbouty added to his interest as time passed and owned 30 percent, which turned out to be the largest single chunk, and he became chairman of the board.
Halbouty didn’t enjoy his role at Continental Bank. He was in constant disagreement with the other board members who could, by voting together, win all arguments. Halbouty sold his stock to Walter Mischer and Howard Terry, a couple of Houston’s entrepreneurs who would place their marks on a dozen profitable enterprises.

Finding this out, I was confused about who controlled the Empire Trust, since the footnote in Russell's book tied control to the Loeb, Lehman and Bronfman family in New York. So I went back to Stephen Birmingham's "Our Crowd": The Great Jewish Families of New York (New York: Dell 1967), pp. 444-45, and found the following:

Thanks to antennae around the world that amount to something very like a private CIA, he [John L. Loeb--the son of Carl M. Loeb, Jr.] completed the sale of the firm’s major Cuban sugar holdings the day before Fidel Castro took over. In 1945 the Loeb and Lehman millions received a new infusion of wealth when Clifford W. Michel joined Loeb, Rhodes. Michel was married to the former Barbara Richards, one of the granddaughters of Jules Bache, and therefore related to the Cahns and the Sheftels and, by marriage at least, to the Lewisohns (to whom the Lehmans, of course, were already related). Another Bache granddaughter was Mrs. F. Warren Pershing, wife of the son of the World War I general, and head of J. Pershing & Company, a rich brokerage house. Then in 1953 John Loeb’s daughter, Ann, married Edgar Bronfman, elder son of Samuel Bronfman, the founder and chief executive of Distillers Corporation—Seagrams, Ltd., undoubtedly the richest man in Canada and among the wealthiest in the world. Bronfman money is not formally a part of Loeb, Rhoades capital, but one of the firm’s partners has said, "He’s a kind of partner who is awfully important." . . . The Bronfman millions, however, have joined Loeb-Lehman and Bache holdings to make up the largest single holding of stock in New York’s Empire Trust Company, **** which has assets of some $300 million. Edgar Bronfman, now [1967] in his middle thirties, and head of his father’s American subsidiary, Joseph E. Seagram & Sons, joined the board of directors of the Empire Trust Company in 1963. . . .(3)

###############################################

Tom Scully, on Jan 13 2009, 10:29 PM, said:http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=161327

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=161327

Linda, I don't know how you do it....amazing, and before Google book search was available !

Why do you think, it was not necessary for Empire Trust to submit corporate paperwork in Texas,
until 1966? Jack Crichton had been doing business out of Dallas, as an Empire VP, for more than
a dozen years, by then....

LINDA MINOR

==
My guess is that when the trust company was sold to the Bank of New York, one of the attorneys looking over the paperwork realized that the documents needed to be filed. Previously, such requirements were treated more loosely than they are now.

Thanks for your comments about my research. I can't take full credit for this, however. A friend has kept the research I did back in 2000 on her website for almost nine years now, and Russ Baker happened to see it. Since I'm probably the only person who has ever been literally obsessed with understanding the Empire Trust, Russ emailed me about it for further information. He actually obtained all the documents from the Texas secretary of state's office and forwarded them to me to analyze, since I spent many years as an attorney writing title opinions about real estate matters. Much research went into his book that had to be boiled down and condensed in order to get it out to a wider readership than just researchers; most people's eyes glaze over when they see all these names which mean nothing to them.

In answer to John's question about DeGolyer, I suspect it was through this family, social, and business relationship that existed between Brunie and McCloy and Lewis Douglas that caused them to seek out DeGolyer, who was THE authority on petroleum geology from way back, particularly as a result of his work for Viscount Cowdray, who sold out to Shell in the days when the British Government was heavily invested in private industry. Cowdray aka Sir Weetman Pearson also had bought control of Lazard Freres' English operations and invested heavily in British newspapers. By the time DeGolyer left Pearson's Mexican oil company to start his own consulting firm with Lewis MacNaughton, he was also called in by FDR's administration to help set up the oil consortium in Saudia Arabia.

Involved in the Saudi consortium was a man named Ralph K. Davies, who had been deputy petroleum coordinator and a member of the Mission to London to negotiate the Anglo American oil treaty and a special consultant to Secretary Harold Ickes. As president and director of American Independent Oil Co. (Aminoil) beginning in 1947 (under Truman), and of its Mexican subsidiary in 1949, he joined with Signal Oil and Edwin Pauley in signing the first "service contract" with Pemex, an oil company owned by the government of Mexico on March 5, 1949.

Everette DeGolyer disclosed the terms of the contract with Pemex in a letter he wrote to Ambassador Lewis Douglas (quoted in Lon Tinkle, Mr. De: A Biography of Everette Lee DeGolyer at pages 325-26). During that same time a syndicate called Aminoil--a consortium composed of two individuals, Ralph K. Davies, a California lawyer and former Standard Oil of California (Socal) vice president, and James S. Abercrombie, a Houston oilman, and eight oil corporations was also heavily involved in explorations in the Middle East (according to Leonard Mosley in his book Power Play: Oil in the Middle East) .

Possibly because of the closeness between DeGolyer and Ambassador Douglas, whose wife was the sister of John McCloy's wife, as well as McCloy's close friendship with Brunie, the Empire Trust decided to invest in Texas oil, as evidenced by Michel Halbouty's being financed by Empire Trust.

The question in my mind is how Stephen Birmingham tied all that into the Bronfmans and Seagrams and called it a private CIA.

###############################################

John Simkin work shows Jack Crichton is intell officer and part of Empire Trust.

see

http://spartacus-educational.com/MDcrichton.htm

============================

GAAL

Lewis MacNaughton (head of DeGloyer and MacNaughton largest private oil industry analysts in the World who wanted to recruit my CIA connected Uncle) and Jack Crichton are part of Empire Trust. Ernest Carrere was a director of a Empire Trust owned company. MacNaughton and Crichton were directors of the Dallas conspiratorial GREAT SOUTHWEST CORPORATION. Carrere set up a retired naval officers organization ,similar to the "Retired Intelligence Officers of the CIA" of David Atlee Phillips lore.

======

I go with Minor,Simkin and Gaal over Colby.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

PS COLBY SEEMS NOT TO BELIEVE THAT THE ROTHSCHILDS CONTROLLED THE FIRST NATIONAL BANK OF HOUSTON

A May, 1976 report of the House Banking and Currency Committee indicated: "The Rothschild banks are affiliated with Manufacturers Hanover of London in which they hold 20 percent ... and Manufacturers Hanover Trust of New York". The Report also revealed that Rothschild Intercontinental Bank, Ltd., which consisted of Rothschild banks in London, France, Belgium, New York, and Amsterdam, had three American subsidiaries: National City Bank of Cleveland, First City National Bank of Houston, and Seattle First National Bank.

==

Its thus Congress vs Colby ...Here I go with Congress......FYI =in 1971 GHWB became a director of said bank..just saying......

Edited by Steven Gaal

Jack Allston Crichton - Steven - please repost just the link to the Spartacus page on Crichton. This guy has flown under the radar for so long. His name pops up once in a while of course, but Simkin puts it all in one place, and I think it is must reading, since he ties in so many things in Dallas.

Jack Allston Crichton - Steven - please repost just the link to the Spartacus page on Crichton. This guy has flown under the radar for so long. His name pops up once in a while of course, but Simkin puts it all in one place, and I think it is must reading, since he ties in so many things in Dallas. // Paul Brancato

============================

http://spartacus-educational.com/MDcrichton.htm

I guess no one is interested in the Crichton connection?

Paul,

I think it's fascinating.

Going from memory here, but I think I've read that he and / or Revill and / or Stringfellow might have been instrumental in making sure that the right kind of information was given to Dallas Police Inspector Herbert Sawyer fifteen minutes after the assassination, i.e. that the "suspect" was (a Robert Webster-like) 5' 10", 160 lbs., the same "bios" that were originally fabricated in a report on Oswald by Dallas FBI agent John Fain in 1960, and soon thereafter incorporated into the CIA's computerized Registry by SR/6 officer and future Mexico City CIA operative, Bill Bright.

I realize that I've probably got this all screwed up, but I'm just too darn lazy right now to do any serious "act-checking" on it. Knowing that an expert on the subject will jump in and "set me straight" if I'm wrong, I have great satisfaction in advance that I've succeeded in keeping the topic alive! (Or at least derailing it!)

https://books.google.com/books?id=98ctAgAAQBAJ&pg=RA1-PA28&lpg=RA1-PA28&dq=stringfellow+revill+oswald&source=bl&ots=O0rd02D1tD&sig=gNVdTj9qw9J0cCoaPKFHIJWzatY&hl=en&sa=X&ei=tujrVP6MBui1sQTeooL4Ag&ved=0CCMQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=stringfellow%20revill%20oswald&f=false

LOL

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

Posted Today, 02:50 AM

Paul Brancato, on 23 Feb 2015 - 2:59 PM, said:snapback.png

Paul,

Going from memory here, but I think I've read that he and / or Revill and / or Stringfellow might have been instrumental in making sure that the right kind of information was given to Dallas Police Inspector Herbert Sawyer fifteen minutes after the assassination, i.e. that the "suspect" was (a Robert Webster-like) 5' 10", 160 lbs., the same "bios" that were originally fabricated in a report on Oswald by Dallas FBI agent John Fain in 1960, and soon thereafter incorporated into the CIA's computerized Registry by SR/6 officer and future Mexico City CIA operative, Bill Bright.

I realize that I've probably got this all screwed up, but I'm just too darn lazy right now to do any serious "act-checking" on it. Knowing that an expert on the subject will jump in and "set me straight" if I'm wrong, I have great satisfaction in advance that I've succeeded in keeping the topic alive! (Or at least derailing it!)

https://books.google... oswald&f=false

LOL

######################################################################################################################

==

http://whowhatwhy.org/2014/10/05/the-hidden-government-group-linking-jfk-watergate-iran-contra-and-911/

Edited by Steven Gaal

Posted Today, 02:50 AM

Paul Brancato, on 23 Feb 2015 - 2:59 PM, said:snapback.png

Paul,

https://books.google... oswald&f=false

LOL

######################################################################################################################

==

http://whowhatwhy.org/2014/10/05/the-hidden-government-group-linking-jfk-watergate-iran-contra-and-911/

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Gosh, I guess it's all interconnected, huh, Steven?

In light of all of this, how in the world do you keep from developing a really, really paranoid outlook on life and hatred of the United States government and American culture?

Oh, that's right. Gotta throw Hitler and the Rothchilds in there, too. I almost forgot.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Edited by Thomas Graves