The Education Forum

Dealey Plaza goings-on

I remember sometime back seeing info regarding the van and panel truck that were parked on Elm just East of Houston in DP, and the thought that the vehicles very likely may have been used as a command post for the operation. Now coupled with the view of Fletcher Prouty that Ed Lansdale was in charge of orchestrating the assassination and enduring cover up, and Lansdale's identification in the tramps photo by both Prouty and Gen. Krulak.

Could Lansdale have been stationed in the "command truck", and then broke his cover and gone out in DP, where he was photographed with the so called tramps, because something in the op didn't go as planned? I can't think of any reason Lansdale would violate trade and expose himself unless that were the case. If so, what could have gone wrong to necessitate his exposure? This is just my own speculation, maybe I'm fishing in an empty pond here.

I remember sometime back seeing info regarding the van and panel truck that were parked on Elm just East of Houston in DP, and the thought that the vehicles very likely may have been used as a command post for the operation. Now coupled with the view of Fletcher Prouty that Ed Lansdale was in charge of orchestrating the assassination and enduring cover up, and Lansdale's identification in the tramps photo by both Prouty and Gen. Krulak.

Could Lansdale have been stationed in the "command truck", and then broke his cover and gone out in DP, where he was photographed with the so called tramps, because something in the op didn't go as planned? I can't think of any reason Lansdale would violate trade and expose himself unless that were the case. If so, what could have gone wrong to necessitate his exposure? This is just my own speculation, maybe I'm fishing in an empty pond here.

Roger,

I like your speculation here. It's...., it's......., well, ...... plausible, at least.

Based on what a 91-year-old, since deceased, retired ONI special agent told me (or more correctly, based on what I inferred) when he apparently inadvertently said something to me without thinking about its implications, (in other words, I think he might have come close to "spilling the beans"), I believe that the command center (or at least observation post) was situated in an upper floor of the Terminal Annex Building aka the Postal Annex Building, on the other side of Dealey Plaza from the TSBD.

But I like your idea. Maybe the van was the command post and the observation post was in the Terminal Annex Building?

It is interesting that, to my knowledge, the "Lansdale character" has not been spotted in any other photos or films taken before the assassination. Like I said, to my knowledge.

--Tommy :sun

PS Krulak was a close personal friend of my dad's in La Jolla. FWIW.

Edited by Thomas Graves

Hi Roger,

Some living witnesses that come to mind that may shed some light on the van & panel truck in question include Tina Towner (Pender), Buell Wesley Frazier, Rosemary Willis, Pierce Allman & Hugh Aynesworth (claims to have been at the corner of Houston & Elm Streets before, during & after the ambush of JFK) & others near the vicinity of the vehicles not mentioned. It would be interesting for all interested in this story to know how long the van had been parked near the Elm Street intersection prior to the attack on JFK, when it left the scene & what activity occurred in & around it during its time on Elm Street. Perhaps someone associated with any of known, factual witnesses can ask them about the vehicles & tell us their responses (if they don't do it themselves).

I've wondered if the van was used in the ambush to transport persons into or out of the area, jam police communications, if the initial info on Oswald's address was disseminated to DPD from the van or if the van was associated with Zapruder's garment business. Some have speculated the unknown Dal-Tex fire escape ladder man & the epileptic seizure person originated from the van. It would have been in a less conspicuous place had it been parked in that small area between the TSBD & the Dal-Tex or behind the buildings. Perhaps it was where it was photographed to allow for a quick getaway?

Your topic is a reminder that, even after 51 years & a mountain of government investigations & reports, books, magazines, newsprint, TV & radio specials & commentary, educational speaking engagements & the increased discussion of JFK's murder on the Internet, there's still territory that hasn't been fully explored & presented to the global public in the JFK murder case.

Brad Milch

Edited by Brad Milch

I think the "van" you are referring to was the "Clean Towel and Linen" van. It was touched on a bit in at least two threads on this forum. The first from 2007, and the second from 2009. An interesting van with a close frontal view (shot) of the President on Huston, and close rear view of the limo down Elm.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=9512&page=2

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=14366&page=2

• 2 weeks later...

Col. Jack Crichton was in charge of the Civil Defense Command Post - an underground nuke proof bunker bellow a museum at the Texas State Fairgrounds - that had the communications facilities to monitor all radio channels -

The Secret Service-White House Communications Agency also had a base of operations in rooms at the Sheraton or Adolphis Hotel - that monitored all radio channels.

Larry will know which one.

BK

If it was so, using a vehicle from an area business that would be commonly spotted around town would be perfect cover. It would not look out of place and arouse any suspicion. It would/could certainly be innocent. Who knows.

And I suspect Crichton is the ultimate source for the apb put out with the faulty description of LHO, the man wanted for the murder of JFK.

Fort Hood is located near Kileen, Texas...pronounced similar to "clean", by Texans.

Which would make the CLEAN linen service truck an obvious way for MI to both show AND hide their presence there in Dealy Plaza.

Fort Hood is located near Kileen, Texas...pronounced similar to "clean", by Texans.

Which would make the CLEAN linen service truck an obvious way for MI to both show AND hide their presence there in Dealy Plaza.

Has anyone tried to find Clean Linen Service in the Dallas phone books of the day?

--Tommy :sun