The Education Forum

Did Robert Kennedy's Love/Sex Affair with Jackie cause him to be SILENT on JFK assassination?

Guest Robert Morrow

One of Jackie's dear, dear friends was Truman Capote: "When Madame Queen Jackie heard about her sister's thespian plans ... she flew into a rage. Didn't Lee realize, she said, that they were merely using her? Didn't she understand how embarassing all this would be? Never mind that Madame Queen [Jackie Kennedy] was sleeping with her very married brother-in-law and concomitantly with none other than Aristotle Onassis, and that both were paying big money for her services. That did not count. All that mattered at the moment was that her younger sister was about to make her theatrical debut. Jackie couldn't take it." [bobby and Jackie, pp. 131-132]

As for Truman Capote in the quote above, Jackie's very close friend is effectively calling Jackie a slut, a homebreaker and a high end prostitute sleeping with family. And that is from one of Jackie's best FRIENDS. You ought to read what Roy Cohn has to say about RFK!

Truman Capote was not Jackie Kennedy's dear friend. He favored her sister, Lee. When asked about the Gore-Vidal- Truman Capote lawsuit, Lee said, "Oh, everyone knows they're both fags." This hurt Capote very much. After all the years of trying to help her get an acting career.

Truman went on Stanley Siegel's NY show and read something sarcastic he wrote about Lee: "Ah, the Princess..." And when all the socialites turned against him due to "Answered Prayers," which he wrote about them, they dropped him cold. At someone's party afterward, Truman saw Jackie Kennedy Onassis there and said in a loud voice, "Why didn't you tell me that tramp was going to be here? I wouldn't have come." No, he did not like those 2 sisters. He also said about Jackie in People Magazine, "She has contempt for everything under the sun."

As for Roy Cohn, who believes anything from that fake? The man claimed to be heterosexual, but wasn't. He went after homosexuals legally. The man lived a lie. His jealousy of Robert Kennedy was well known.

Kathy C

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The pastimes of great men are of very little importance. Too intelligent, in too much of a hurry, too hard-working, too enthusiastic, too generous,

John Kennedy also had too much vitality and too much heart. The national interest requires that the state be a cold monster. The weakness and the

hypocrisy of its citizens demand the same attitude of a Chief of State. Kennedy was treated with cortisone, but he hid this from the public, and he was

wrong. Eisenhower had suffered a heart attack and a serious operation, and the details were known to every American. Ordinary men take comfort in

the illnesses of the great. Kennedy took several baths a day and slept on a horsehair mattress with a bedboard, but he would have walked if he were

half dead. People distrust those who are not like themselves.

It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep." -- Farewell America

"The pastimes of great men are of very little importance. Too intelligent, in too much of a hurry, too hard-working, too enthusiastic, too generous,

John Kennedy also had too much vitality and too much heart. The national interest requires that the state be a cold monster. The weakness and the

hypocrisy of its citizens demand the same attitude of a Chief of State. Kennedy was treated with cortisone, but he hid this from the public, and he was

wrong. Eisenhower had suffered a heart attack and a serious operation, and the details were known to every American. Ordinary men take comfort in

the illnesses of the great. Kennedy took several baths a day and slept on a horsehair mattress with a bedboard, but he would have walked if he were

It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep." -- Farewell America

Thanks for sharing that Greg!

Zach

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep." -- Farewell America

Thanks for sharing that Greg!

Zach

You're more than welcome, Zach!

One of Jackie's dear, dear friends was Truman Capote: "When Madame Queen Jackie heard about her sister's thespian plans ... she flew into a rage. Didn't Lee realize, she said, that they were merely using her? Didn't she understand how embarassing all this would be? Never mind that Madame Queen [Jackie Kennedy] was sleeping with her very married brother-in-law and concomitantly with none other than Aristotle Onassis, and that both were paying big money for her services. That did not count. All that mattered at the moment was that her younger sister was about to make her theatrical debut. Jackie couldn't take it." [bobby and Jackie, pp. 131-132]

As for Truman Capote in the quote above, Jackie's very close friend is effectively calling Jackie a slut, a homebreaker and a high end prostitute sleeping with family. And that is from one of Jackie's best FRIENDS. You ought to read what Roy Cohn has to say about RFK!

Truman Capote was not Jackie Kennedy's dear friend. He favored her sister, Lee. When asked about the Gore-Vidal- Truman Capote lawsuit, Lee said, "Oh, everyone knows they're both fags." This hurt Capote very much. After all the years of trying to help her get an acting career.

Truman went on Stanley Siegel's NY show and read something sarcastic he wrote about Lee: "Ah, the Princess..." And when all the socialites turned against him due to "Answered Prayers," which he wrote about them, they dropped him cold. At someone's party afterward, Truman saw Jackie Kennedy Onassis there and said in a loud voice, "Why didn't you tell me that tramp was going to be here? I wouldn't have come." No, he did not like those 2 sisters. He also said about Jackie in People Magazine, "She has contempt for everything under the sun."

As for Roy Cohn, who believes anything from that fake? The man claimed to be heterosexual, but wasn't. He went after homosexuals legally. The man lived a lie. His jealousy of Robert Kennedy was well known.

Kathy C

thank you Kathy -- appears Mr. Morrow can't get much *straight* these days, can he? ! ! ! ! So cheer up Bobby Morrow, it's tough finding this ISN'T a supermarket checkout line with tabloids every which way you turn, eh? Appears no one is buying what your peddling...

Guest Robert Morrow

The bottom line is this: Robert Kennedy and Jackie Kennedy were having an intense love/sex affair from 1964-1968. There is just to much evidence of this to ignore it.

I do think this RFK/Jackie love affair is extremely important to understanding them and their behavior. Many authors have commented on this torrid love affair, not just C. David Heymann.

Bobby and Jackie: A Love Affair by C. David Heymann:

http://www.amazon.com/Bobby-Jackie-C-David-Heymann/dp/141655629X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1296367496&sr=8-1

I think that Robert and Jackie turned to each other in grief and were physical, emotional and sexual lovers. They were also having affairs with multiple other people at this same time.

I do think that this affair played an extremely big part of RFK's life in the post JFK assassination period. Robert was once named Family Man of the Year and he had 11 children with Ethel. And he ran around on Ethel shamelessly like the sex addict that he was. I think as Ted Kennedy told George Smathers, that one big reason Robert did not do more to publicly (or privately) pursue his brothers' murderers was that he feared any undue attention on him or Jackie which might bust this affair out into the open.

Also, I don't think that glorifying the Kennedys or ignoring their very human flaws does any good on revealing truth in the 1963 Coup d'Etat. You should always seek the truth: whether it is good, bad or ugly.

And I think there is a very strong case (99%+) that Robert and Jackie Kennedy were having a love affair post JFK assassination.

Notes from Bobby and Jackie: A Love Affair by C. David Heymann:

p. Vii Thereafter nearly every biographer of Bobby or Jackie, including volumes by Edward Klein, Christopher Anderson, Sarah Bradford, and Peter Evans, capitalized on my research and reported on the Bobby-Jackie affair, in certain instances adding new details to those already known.

p. 8 Jack Valenti describes Bobby Kennedy as a man possessed as he entered Air Force One on 11/22/63 as he rushed to Jackies side. RFK ignored everyone else and rushed by them.

p.14 Jackie invites her future boyfriend Ari Onassis to the White House during the JFK mourning period.

p. 15-16 RFK and Jackie visit JFKs grave at midnight at Arlington. They were holding hands.

p. 22 Hoovers bulging files on JFKs wildly promiscuous life

p. 22 JFK was blatantly having sex with other women on his honeymoon. JFK collecting names and phone numbers. Then JFK picks up one of the better looking women. They emerged twenty minutes later, looking flushed and spent.

p. 23 1956 JFK and 3 friends with Scandanavian ladies on ship in Mediterranean. Meanwhile Jackie is back home going through a miscarriage. Bobby was there to comfort her and bury the baby.

p. 25 Bill Walton details Jackies affair with actor William Holden. She was doing it out of revenge to get even with JFK.

p. 25 Langdon Marvin admits JFK used to send him as an advance man on the 1960 campaign trail to line up women for Kennedy.

p.26 Pamela Turnure dating Kennedy since 1958. She is later placed as press secretary to Jackie.

p. 27 JFKs orgies in the White House; naked swimming pool parties. Secret Service Marty Venker said JFK could be screwing a woman in the basement of the White House one minute, and the next minute hed be playing family man with his wife and kids or hed be in the Oval Office discussing strategy with the prime minister of England.

p. 27 Marty Venker describes Jackie as worlds greatest masochist.

p. 28 Susan Sklover was hired as a physical therapist for JFK; only then did she find out it involved providing him sexual services. Said JFK would just lie on his back while she did all the activity …She quit after 6 weeks and was forced to sign a non-disclosure agreement and given $5,000.

p. 31 Truman Capote called relationship of Jackie and JFK going into White House as an utter farce. Says Jackie constantly turned to RFK for advice and support. He served as her Rock of Gibraltar.

p. 31 Peter Jay Sharp went into a Carlyle suite in 1962 found all 3 Kennedy brothers with a different woman, Bobby laying on floor, Ted with his girl in the bathroom.

p. 33 Why cant Jack be more like Bobby? Jackie to Pierre Salinger

p. 34 Jackie and JFK have a physical scuffle on the White House staircase at the reception of 11/20/63. It looked like Jackie had grabbed a clump of his hair. Apparently, JFK had been with Mary Meyer that afternoon.

p. 42 Post JFK assassination, Jackie mental collapse, very depressed, would only see Bobby.

p. 48 William Manchester Jackie drinking heavily in her grief. Jackies manic mood swings.

p. 50 RFK obsessed with secretly investigating JFKs death. He could talk about little else. Ken ODonnell.

p. 52 Bobby spending more time with Jackies family than his own.

p. 56 Jackie tries to get Marlon Brando in bed … or maybe she did not because Brando was too drunk.

p. 57 Jackie tells Truman Capote that her sister Lee wants to have sex with Bobby.

p. 58 Chuck Spalding talking about RFK and Jackie canoodling. Holding hands, whispering in ears, Bobby on vacation with Jackie NOT his wife Ethel who gave him 11 kids. Chuck Spalding: There was definitely something between them…You had to be dumb, deaf and blind not to sense it.

p. 60 I wish you were an amoeba, so you could multiply and there would be two or more of you. Jackie to Bobby.

p. 60 Gore Vidal I suspect that the one person Jackie ever loved … was Bobby. There was always something oddly intimate in her voice when she mentioned him to me.

p. 61 Arthur Schlesinger, Jr. describes Bobby and Jackie disappearing below deck on the yacht Sequoia: I have no idea what transpired between them, but when they returned, they looked as chummy as a pair of Cheshire cats.

p. 61 Red Fay Bobby was with her all the time.

p. 63 Bobby tries to have sex with Joan Braden.

p. 65 RFK and Jackie at party … Bobby hovered around Jackie like he owned her. electricity between them.

p. 65 Susan Pollock affair was an open secret.

p. 67-68 Bobby and Jackie practically flaunted their mutual affection, hugging and kissing on the beach and walking arm in arm into a local restaurant for dinner.

p. 70 Bobbys chauffeur Jim Fitzgerald describes regular overnight stays at Jackies, come out the next day with a grin on his face and a twinkle in his eyes.

p.70 Dave Powers RFK spends lots of his time with Caroline and John John.

p. 73 RFK affair with Natalie Fell Cushing

p. 74 Jackies affair with architect John Carl Warnecke

p. 75 Coates Redmon: Im 99% sure they were involved … they could have had a mad, morbid attraction to each other, and how this initial attachment continued to grow.

p. 76 Ted tries to kiss Ethel …Ethel pushed him away and said, Well have none of that Bobby and Jackie stuff in this house. Katherine the maid heard this and told it to laundress Mary De Grace.

p. 77 Frankin Roosevelt, Jr. Everybody knew about the affair …The two of them carried on like a pair of lovesick teenagers… I suspect Bobby would have liked to dump Ethel and marry Jackie.

p. 77 Merribelle Moore Ethel called her home all the time complaining about the Bobby/Jackie affair.

p. 78 Richard Burton encouraging Bobby and Jackie to get married!

p. 81 Mary Harrington RFK and Barbara Marx had affair.

p. 82 then Bobby has affair with Mary Harrington!

p. 83 Mary Harrington spots Bobby and Jackie sunbathing As they began to kiss he placed one hand on her breast and the other inside of her bikini bottom. After a minute or so, she stood up, wrapped a towel around her breasts and shoulders, and walked toward the house. Bobby followed. I was shocked. It was clear that Bobby was sleeping with his sister-in-law.

p. 83 RFK replaces JFK as the dad of his kids.

p. 84 Renee Lutten aide to Dr. Henry Lax Jackie spoke of her affair w/RFK with her confidant Dr. Henry Lax.

p. 86 Ari Onassis has sex with Jackie.

p. 87 Audrey Zauderer Absolutely! there was an affair.

p. 87 Maud Shaw Bobby and Jackie making no secret of their dalliance

p. 87-88 Bernard Hayworth Bobby and Jackie on the beach He began massaging her back and kissing her neck. I felt like an intruder, so I stood up to leave, and thats when he saw me. He froze and so did I. After what seemed an eternity, he started massaging Jackie again.

p. 88 Mort Downey, Jr. RFK affair with Kim Novak, in the bed while a hotel fire alarm goes off.

p. 89 RFK has affair with Claudine Longet to get even with Jackie seeing Ari Onassis

p. 90 RFK dating 19 year old Candice Bergen

p. 92 RFK and Polly Bissell, clad only in bathing suits, ride off on a Harley. 5/25/65. Go to a wooded area to have sex. Police report of a couple copulating in public no arrests.

p. 96 Sir Cecil Beaton Jackie in much love with Bobby

p. 99 Bobby and Jackie sitting very close at a bar

p. 100 C. Douglas Dillon walked in on Bobby and Jackie kissing in the back yard

p. 101 Carl Killingsworth no photos of JFK in Jackies apartment; only a large framed photo of Robert Kennedy

p. 106 Jackie either steals or accidentally takes gold cigarette lighter.

p. 111 Jackie tells Angier Biddle Duke that she is involved with 2 men who she values and respects.

p. 112 RFK and Onassis both send Jackie flowers on her return home from a trip

p.113 Pierre Salinger calls Bobby Jackies current lover

p. 113 Chuck Spalding Bobby and Jackie were extremely close.

p. 114 Truman Capote recalls Lee Radziwells daily updates on the Bobby/Jackie Kennedy affair… Bobby was addicted to sex and got it where and whenever it was offered to him.

p. 114 Eunice Shriver to Ethel Kennedy Well, what are you going to do about it Bobbys spending an awful lot of time with the widder. Ethel gave no response at all.

p. 115 Johnny Meyer key aide to Onassis Onassis was disturbed about the RFK/Jackie affair.

p. 115 Meyer present for this. Onassis: Your boyfriends a little xxxxx. Jackie: That doesnt describe him anatomically.

p. 117-118 Ted Kennedy tells George Smather about RFK/Jackie affair and says that is one big reason why Robert Kennedy did not aggressively publicly pursue the investigation of his brothers death.

p. 118 Larry Rivers talks about affair.

p. 120 Roy Cohn (a homosexual who died of AIDS and expert in sexual blackmail) said that RFK and Rudolph Nureyev were having an affair. [Note from Robert Morrow I doubt this…]

p. 120 Sam Murphy doorman saw RFK for Jackie in 1966 saw RFK come by about 3 times/week usually for overnights. Aristotle Onassis very rarely and usually with lots of gifts for the kids.

p. 121 Kenneth McKnight walked into RFKs office in July, 1966. I peeked in and there, on a sofa, sat Bobby Kennedy, and straddling his lap, her arms around his neck, was Jackie Kennedy. When they saw me they engaged and stood.

p. 122 RFK tells McKnight that he saw and heard nothing If I hadnt agreed … I honestly believe he wouldve murdered then and there.

p. 123 RFKs affair with Margo Cohen

p. 125 Jackie affair with Charles Adams

p. 126 Dave Powers RFK on trip, has staff send letters to Ethel, while RFK calls Jackie 3 times per day.

p. 128 RFK buys Jackie a $12,000 jade Buddha decanter. Says send $10,000 invoice to Joseph P. Kennedy Foundation.

p. 129 Ethel Kennedy household abuzz with talk of Jackie/RFK affair.

p. 131 Truman Capote Never mind that Madame Queen [Jackie] was sleeping with her very married brother-in-law [bobby] and concomitantly with none other than Aristotle Onassis, and that both were paying big money for her service.

p. 133 April 1967 London trip. Bobby and Jackie were sharing same hotel suite.

p. 135 Ken ODonnell talks about RFK/Jackie affair.

p. 139 Jackie tells RFK to run for Senate. She was the trusted advisor who RFK trusted the most even for political advice. Jack Newfield heard from MANY people that RFK/Jackie were lovers. I heard many times from many people that they were lovers. I couldnt tell. But I could see that they were extremely committed to each other.

Edited by Robert Morrow

If everybody was so absolutely blackmailable - then why were bullets ultimately necessarily?

Blackmail couldn't be blamed on Castro. Neither could poison or a small plane crash or (to quote Nixon) "so forth and so on." Shooting from a distance with high-powered rifles, now that sounds like Castro (or the Russians or so forth and so on).

Blackmail also doesn't send any message to others, other than don't play around or take bribes.

Sorry not to have gotten back to this earlier. Ron Ecker is, of course, quite right on every point. That's what happened. My distinction was: At the "ultimate" moment, bullets were chosen over blackmail, or over the ballots that would be swayed by revealing the Kennedys' blackmail-attracting conduct. Why?

I've said, in posts past, that I don't believe that JFK and RFK were innocents of any sort, except in their perceptions of the danger cast by the forces and personalities arrayed against them. I believe JFK was a serial adulterer making political hay from an arranged marriage, and that he may, in his youth, have married another woman and had it annulled by mutual consent of their families. He was never known to bring home the first-lady type of woman, and vetting a bride for him from among the Kennedy circle was a part of his grooming. Even without Seymour Hersh, or books by the Giancana descendants, there is too much reportage and anecdote to believe in Family Man Jack - some of it by or about Dave Powers, some in Jackie's biographers, and other of it appearing in literary sources such as Gore Vidal's work.

Anecdotally, RFK is placed suspiciously close to the Marilyn Monroe death scene, by wiretappers and Teamster sources and a food chain of opportunistic authors. Jackie may have loved Jack, but after her miscarriage and purported disenchantment with his infidelity, she took long, spiteful vacations in the Mediterranean with Gianni Agnelli and Aristotle Onassis (their marraige being the QED). These interludes, under-reported at the time, leave a taste unlike that of visiting quilting bees and Bible circles in West Virginia.

We have no evidence that they did - but after losing Jack, would either RFK or Jackie have scrupled at having an affair within the moral latitudes created by Old Joe's example and the climate of assassination? It would have happened under the sort of blend of nihilism and compassion, mutual regard and narcissism, in which the participants can imagine that a dead husband and brother would approve of the affair.

But it could not have happened - because we have so much more verifiable product of research into what happened. And it happened for the reasons Ron Ecker describes, and because an assassination not only provides revenge but allows tacit policy changes, such as the reversal of Kennedy's Vietnam action, to appear seamless over the change of regimes. Knocking JFK and Bobby out with a sex scandal would not only reset the bar for reporting the considerable peccadilloes of their opponents, but make any successor seem even more like a reverser of policy than LBJ was perceived as being. Cuba disappeared as a front-burner issue, and a war in Vietnam became a necessary development under the cover of a nuclear threat-avoiding democratic transference of power. You couldn't pull that off through blackmail or scandalous revelation at that time and with that executive: the best outcome would not be a Kennedy reversing himself on Vietnam, but a Kennedy refusing the nomination in 1964, and then left outside the tent to micturate inward forevermore.

One would think that, on lesser grounds than the Hershes and Heymanns recount, this family could have been taken down like so many Gary Harts, even in a way that set bad precedent for the culture of adultery in politics. The feasibility of that move is more complicated, the variables too threatening to the perpetrators. What they wanted was a smooth and timely transition into war - out of the Caribbean and back into Asia. They weren't secure about their chances of getting it through blackmail. And they hated JFK, and attracted associates who hated him - shall we say - locally rather than globally, and so wanted him dead in their backyard.

While I am never prepared to accept the Kennedys as moral icons, I am very interested in separating the lies, canards, and propaganda regarding the Kennedys' moral vulnerability from establishable facts. Jim DiEugenio struck a formidable blow against the Kennedy smear industry in his two-part article. Any ad hoc committee of researchers could create a top-ten list of Kennedy slurs and myths to be investigated - Monroe, Mary Meyer, Judy Campbell, Onassis as assassination sponsor. This, though, would distract us from what happened.

Edited by David Andrews

Guest Tom Scully

Wow, Cohn claimed to be straight?

What a fraud.

Roy Cohn despised Bobby. First for leaving McCarthy and then switching sides, and then going after him as AG. In fact, in the really good film about Cohn with James Woods, RFK's ghost is pictured as haunting the dying Cohn.

Wow, Heymann is truly a bottom feeder.

it's a world of laughter, a world or tears

its a world of hopes, its a world of fear

theres so much that we share

that its time we're aware

its a small world after all

CHORUS:

its a small, small world...

Since the word kabuki is believed to derive from the verb kabuku, meaning "to lean" or "to be out of the ordinary",...

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,985043-2,00.html

.."Dick always worked the dark side," says Rudy Moore, a Clinton aide in Arkansas, "so Bill could move toward the light." In a series of exclusive, wide-ranging interviews with Time, Morris put it this way: "He shaped me into his tool. He looked at his life and saw what he needed, and I became that."...

...Growing up in Manhattan, Morris often joined his father for long walks through the city. Eugene Morris would give his only child lessons in political organization, patronage and the favor-bank system. A top real estate lawyer who did the deals that created Lincoln Center, Gene Morris had learned from a master: his uncle Al Cohn, the Democratic boss of the Bronx. Cohn had raised Gene like a son after Gene's natural father abandoned him. Cohn's youngest child was Roy Cohn, who grew up to be one of the most hated and feared right-wing power brokers of his generation....

http://www.google.com/search?q=roy+cohn+lester+crown&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial&client=firefox-a#sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aunofficial&tbs=nws:1%2Car%3A1&q=ernie+byfield+stork+kennedy&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=ernie+byfield+stork+kennedy&psj=1&fp=cdde7568afd2b943

Skylarking

Pay-Per-View - Los Angeles Times - Dec 13, 1950

AND SITTING IN the Stork Club New York a few nights agoPatKennedy with her newest admirer Ernie Byfield Pat you know recently deserted Los Angeles for New ...

http://www.google.com/search?q=roy+cohn+lester+crown&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial&client=firefox-a#q=breakfast%20schine&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial&tbs=nws:1,ar:1&source=lnt&sa=X&psj=1&ei=q_ZETd5ChMSBB4qtjI0C&ved=0CBMQpwUoCQ&fp=cdde7568afd2b943

COHN THREATENS TO 'GET' SENATOR FOR GIBE AT SCHINE; Assails...

- New York Times - Jun 12, 1954

16 at a breakfast at the New York apartment of the young man s parents, Afar. and Nfrs. J. Meyer Schine. Secretary Stevens had said that Senatdr McCarthy ...

http://www.google.com/search?q=roy+cohn+lester+crown&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial&client=firefox-a#sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aunofficial&tbs=nws:1%2Car%3A1&q=byfield+Bill+is+a+nephew+of+Pat+Hoy+president++&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=byfield+Bill+is+a+nephew+of+Pat+Hoy+president++&psj=1&fp=cdde7568afd2b943

Front Views & Profiles

Pay-Per-View - Chicago Tribune - Feb 5, 1957

... Lincoln Park West hotel where he and the president Ernest Byfield Jr are plan ning a new dining room to be called the Left Bank. Bill is a nephew of Pat Hoy president of ..

http://news.google.com/archivesearch?hl=en&um=1&tab=wn&q=Patrick+Hoy+Byfield&ie=UTF-8

HOY SLATED TO BE NEW PRESIDENT OF MATERIAL SERVICE

Pay-Per-View - Chicago Tribune - ProQuest Archiver - Mar 31, 1960

Patrick H. Hoy, who has re- signed as president of the Sherman and the two ... into the hotel business from industry by the late Ernest Byfield in 1946. ...

http://www.google.com/search?q=roy+cohn+lester+crown&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial&client=firefox-a#sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aunofficial&tbs=bks:1&q=kupcinet+hoy+crown&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=kupcinet+hoy+crown&psj=1&fp=2e541dc7eaf46b78

Kup's Chicago

Irv Kupcinet - 1962 - 286 pages - Snippet view

But there are also Chicago executives who shun the limelight- One of the most modest men I know is Henry Crown— one of the ... Crown also surprised many Chicagoans by appointing hotelman Pat Hoy of the Sherman-Ambassadors Hotel

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:S1PHqjmh1TcJ:www.aarclibrary.org/publib/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh22/pdf/WH22_CE_1289.pdf+ivan+bunny+kupcinet+clover+bar+ruby&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESjePv4WrXt5jID3O6MCqXSDS37YUOIxNhYEo-NtEw73qnTxlVbheLwtKPMW5VFWmlP4Zwps_DbK2FMnIQnwT9h3x5okuq69HvJJF07Iq2Ipk29Mzt1dPq1w_PCm19XfUlHxCMC3&sig=AHIEtbQMxEGHR4mxoHkl0HF3uVu4Kc26fw

Warren Commission, Volume XXII: CE 1289 - FBI report dated June 5 ...

File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View

of Ivan Bunny which appears frequently in Irv Kupcinet's ... JACK L . RUBY. IIe bought the Clover Bar next to the Sherman Hotel on Clark ...

http://www.google.com/search?q=roy+cohn+lester+crown&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial&client=firefox-a#sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aunofficial&tbs=nws:1%2Car%3A1&q=david+schine+manager+ambassador&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=david+schine+manager+ambassador&psj=1&fp=cdde7568afd2b943

GD Shine Plans to Keep Post

$3.95 - New York Times - Jul 23, 1965

i G. David Schine, president of the Ambassador Hotel in LosI Angeles, ... J, Meyer Schine, but that "present management will continue to direct the hotel s ...

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=bks&tbo=1&q=thane+hired++&btnG=Search+Books#sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&tbo=1&tbs=bks:1&source=hp&q=eugene+thane+hired&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=eugene+thane+hired&psj=1&fp=dded8f20a6bb9442

I'll see you in court

Godfrey Isaac - 1979 - 262 pages - Snippet view

The tapes he played included an interview he had had with a man named Thane Eugene Cesar. Cesar had been a part-time security guard, hired to be at the Ambassador Hotel on the night of June 4, 1968, to help protect the person of Senator

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&tbs=bks:1&q=apartments+hoover+tolson+schine+&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=apartments+hoover+tolson+schine+&psj=1&fp=2e541dc7eaf46b78

Bobby and J. Edgar: the historic face-off between the Kennedys and ...

Burton Hersh - 2007 - 612 pages - Snippet view

Before long, Hoover and the unavoidable Tolson were basking in Meyer's generosity at the Gulfstream Apartments on Miami Beach and the Ambassador Hotel in Los Angeles. As the Kefauver Committee discovered, part of Schine's cash flow ...

http://books.google.com/books?id=FU8EAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA26&lpg=PA26&dq=cohn+louis+nichols&source=bl&ots=_FfYazZCGq&sig=TIViZQ_3fQ4pCBuHDsXnBJjOom4&hl=en&ei=5QRFTbP_LIfagAf_xf2xAQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBMQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=cohn%20louis%20nichols&f=false

One-man Roy Cohn lobby - Sep 5, 1969 - Google Books Result

LIFE - Vol. 67, No. 10 - 78 pages - Magazine

To get around the bank examiners' objections to distant financing, Buckley, Ex-FBI man Louis Nichols triggered transfers of three agents who helped the Cohn ...

http://www.google.com/search?q=ernest+Byfield+gladys+tartiere+kennedy&hl=en&ned=us&tbo=u&tbs=bks:1&source=og&sa=N&tab=np#q=schine%20gloversville&hl=en&safe=off&tbs=nws:1,ar:1&source=lnt&sa=X&psj=1&ei=-ABFTZ-OKNLpgAe70KTeAQ&ved=0CBQQpwUoCg&fp=cdde7568afd2b943

Schine And Cohn On Trip Too Ether .

Sunday News-Press - Aug 1, 1954

here today from New York city and left immediately by auto, presumably for the Schine summer home at Caroga Lake, near Gloversville. ...

Cohn And Schine Visit Resort Area .‎ - The Day

COHN, SCHINE FLY NORTH; Believed on Way...‎ - New York Times ($3.95)

NODULE X29 JACK RUBY AND THE CONTRACT OUT ON OSWALD

File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View

When the FBI investigated this call the Bureau found that the telephone number in Gloversville belonged to Joe ―The Wop‖ Cataldo, who the Bureau described ...

http://ajweberman.com/noduleX29-JACK%20RUBY.pdf

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=bks&tbo=1&q=cataldo+camelot+george+head&btnG=Search+Books

The Agency: William Morris and the Hidden History of Show Business - Page 239

Frank Rose - 1996 - 532 pages - Preview

... Joe Cataldo, AKA Joe the Wop, owner of the Camelot Supper Club, wiseguy hangout at Forty-ninth and Third; ... Meanwhile, Nicholson started a background check on George Wood. A visit to St. Malachy's netted the info that Jimmy Alo .

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=bks&tbo=1&q=cataldo+camelot+george+head&btnG=Search+Books#sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&tbs=nws:1%2Car%3A1&q=vincent+alo+alvin+malnik+scopitone&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=vincent+alo+alvin+malnik+scopitone&psj=1&fp=cdde7568afd2b943

Miami Herald, The : VINCENT ALO, PARTNER OF MEYER LANSKY

$2.95 - Miami Herald - Mar 13, 2001

VincentJimmy Blue Eyes Alo once the righthand man of South Florida's most ... of Miamibased Scopitone Inc Miami Beach lawyer Alvin Malnik held exclusive US

http://www.google.com/search?q=ernest+Byfield+gladys+tartiere+kennedy&hl=en&ned=us&tbo=u&tbs=bks:1&source=og&sa=N&tab=np#sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&tbs=nws:1%2Car%3A1&q=george+senator+gloversville&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=george+senator+gloversville&psj=1&fp=cdde7568afd2b943

Ruby Bail Ruling Off Until Jan. 10 as Lawyers Spar; Ruby...

$3.95 - New York Times - Dec 24, 1963

George Senator, Ruby's 50-yearold roommate; Miss Berinett, who had asked Ruby to wire her a $25 ... Mr. Senator, a native of Gloversville, NY, said that he; ...

http://www.google.com/search?q=roy+cohn+lester+crown&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial&client=firefox-a#q=executive+Patrick+Hoy&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial&tbs=nws:1,ar:1,sbd:1&psj=1&ei=9vlETf-qGo31gAe0hPzMAQ&start=210&sa=N&fp=cdde7568afd2b943

Henry Crown Resigns from Material Service

Pay-Per-View - Chicago Tribune - Apr 1, 1966

Crown said Patrick H. Hoy will continue as president of Material Service. Hoy, for- merly president of the Sherman and Ambassador hotels, was brought into ...

http://news.google.com/archivesearch?q=ernest+Byfield+gladys+tartiere+kennedy&btnG=Search+Archives&hl=en&ned=us&scoring=a

OBITUARIES;Gladys R. Tartiere, Philanthropist, Dies

Pay-Per-View - Washington Post - ProQuest Archiver - Mar 5, 1993

In 1960 the Tartieres rented the farm to Kennedy who was then the ... Italy a son from her first marriage Ernest L Byfield Jr of Middleburg a sister Elaine ...

http://www.google.com/search?q=roy+cohn+lester+crown&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial&client=firefox-a#sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aunofficial&tbs=nws:1%2Car%3A1&q=henry+crown+renee+schine&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=henry+crown+renee+schine&psj=1&fp=cdde7568afd2b943

Chicago Sun-Times: KUP'S COLUMN

- Chicago Sun-Times - Jun 23, 1996

Henry Hyde, platform committee chairman of the Republican National Convention ... to Renee (Mrs. Lester) Crown on the death of her brother, G. David Schine, ...

http://www.google.com/search?q=ernest+Byfield+gladys+tartiere+kennedy&hl=en&ned=us&tbo=u&tbs=bks:1&source=og&sa=N&tab=np#sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&tbs=bks:1&source=hp&q=+gladys+tartiere+clifford+walton&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=+gladys+tartiere+clifford+walton&psj=1&fp=dded8f20a6bb9442

Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis: A Life - Page 169

Donald Spoto - 2000 - 400 pages - Preview

Walton went out to see his old friend Gladys Tartiere, who owned Glen Ora, a four-hundred-acre estate near Middleburg, ... Eventually, after considerable coaxing from Walton and Clark Clifford, one of Kennedy's attorneys and advisers, ...

books.google.com - More editions - Add to My Library▼

Counsel to the president: a memoir

Clark M. Clifford, Richard C. Holbrooke - 1991 - 709 pages - Snippet view

There was only one problem: its owner, Gladys Tartiere, did not wish to sell or rent to the Kennedys. She abhorred the idea of the Secret Service setting up shop in her house, and nothing Walton said to her made any difference.

http://www.nytimes.com/1998/10/11/us/clark-clifford-a-major-adviser-to-four-presidents-is-dead-at-91.html?pagewanted=9

....President Johnson was hardly in office 24 hours when he called for Mr. Clifford. Faced with the sudden and enormous task of running the country after Kennedy's assassination, Johnson talked with Mr. Clifford for two hours, then three, then four. It was late in the evening, Mr. Clifford remembered, when Lady Bird Johnson entered the Oval Office and reminded her husband, ''Just because you're President now doesn't mean you don't have to eat dinner.''

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&tbs=bks:1&q=clifford+albert+jenner+supreme+court&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=clifford+albert+jenner+supreme+court&psj=1&fp=2e541dc7eaf46b78

The Supreme Court under Earl Warren, 1953-1969 - Page 282

Michal R. Belknap, Earl Warren - 2005 - 406 pages - Preview

Clifford suggested that the President nominate a nonpolitical Republican lawyer, such as Albert Jenner of Chicago,

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=bks&tbo=1&q=cataldo+camelot+george+head&btnG=Search+Books#sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&tbs=bks:1&q=%22led+to+very+high+places%22&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=%22led+to+very+high+places%22&psj=1&fp=2e541dc7eaf46b78

Diaries, 1949-1959: Volume 1

Drew Pearson, Tyler Abell - 1974 - 592 pages - Snippet view

... told me afterward that it led to very high places. J. Edgar Hoover intimated the same thing. He said the people Ragen pointed to had now reformed. I learned later that it pointed to the Hilton hotel chain, Henry Crown, ..

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=bks&tbo=1&q=cataldo+camelot+george+head&btnG=Search+Books#sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&tbs=nws:1%2Car%3A1&q=Henry+Crown+%22tom+clark%22&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=Henry+Crown+%22tom+clark%22&psj=1&fp=cdde7568afd2b943

JOHN J. CROWN, 26, NAMED LAW CLERK BY JUSTICE CLARK

Pay-Per-View - Chicago Tribune - Mar 15, 1956

word of his e n t as law clerk to Justice Tom C Clark of the United States Su preme court Crown an as sistant state s attorney is a son of Col Henry Crown ...

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=bks&tbo=1&q=cataldo+camelot+george+head&btnG=Search+Books#sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&tbs=bks:1&q=jenner+warren+tom+clark+&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=jenner+warren+tom+clark+&psj=1&fp=2e541dc7eaf46b78

The Kennedy assassination cover-up - Page 96

Donald Gibson - 2000 - 306 pages - Google eBook - Preview

Warren did not identify the source of the suggestion. Jenner was with the law firm of Raymond, Mayer, ... Two of Jenner's references were mentioned by name. Tom Clark, former Attorney General of the US and active supporter in the Truman...

http://www.google.com/search?q=ernest+Byfield+gladys+tartiere+kennedy&hl=en&ned=us&tbo=u&tbs=bks:1&source=og&sa=N&tab=np#sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&tbs=nws:1%2Car%3A1&q=byfield+sister+placido&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=byfield+sister+placido&psj=1&fp=cdde7568afd2b943

Mrs. Ernest Byfield Jr. Is Dead; Active in Many Society...

$3.95 - New York Times - Aug 19, 1970

Mrs. Ernest Byfield Jr., a prominent society woman and the wife of an ... Besides her husband, she leaves a sister, ,Mrs. Placido Ervesun o'f Alpine, ...

http://www.google.com/search?q=ernest+Byfield+gladys+tartiere+kennedy&hl=en&ned=us&tbo=u&tbs=bks:1&source=og&sa=N&tab=np#sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&tbs=nws:1%2Car%3A1&q=placido+ervesun+braga&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=placido+ervesun+braga&psj=1&fp=cdde7568afd2b943

HELEN M. FAISSOLE BECOMES A BRIDEE; Englewood Girl Is...

$3.95 - New York Times - Oct 8, 1937

Ushers included another brother, Manuel Antuna, and three cousins, Enrique Ervesun, Placido Ervesun and George Braga. The ceremony was followed by a ...

http://www.google.com/search?q=ernest+Byfield+gladys+tartiere+kennedy&hl=en&ned=us&tbo=u&tbs=bks:1&source=og&sa=N&tab=np#sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&tbs=nws:1%2Car%3A1&q=george+bush+The+bridegroom+s+parents+are+Mr.+and+Mrs.+B+.+Rionda+Braga+of+Alpine%2C&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=george+bush+The+bridegroom+s+parents+are+Mr.+and+Mrs.+B+.+Rionda+Braga+of+Alpine%2C&psj=1&fp=cdde7568afd2b943

Miss Suzanne B. Hooker Married to Ames Braga

The bridegroom s parents are Mr. and Mrs. B . Rionda Braga of Alpine, ... George HW Bush, chair of the Republican National Committee, escorted the bride, .

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=bks&tbo=1&q=celanese+thomas+j+devine+vice+president++&btnG=Search+Books#q=nancy%20bush%20william%20macomber&hl=en&safe=off&tbs=nws:1,ar:1&source=lnt&sa=X&psj=1&ei=uf9ETdvQDNPPgAeFxIjDAQ&ved=0CA8QpwUoBQ&fp=cdde7568afd2b943'>http://www.google.com/search?tbm=bks&tbo=1&q=celanese+thomas+j+devine+vice+president++&btnG=Search+Books#q=nancy%20bush%20william%20macomber&hl=en&safe=off&tbs=nws:1,ar:1&source=lnt&sa=X&psj=1&ei=uf9ETdvQDNPPgAeFxIjDAQ&ved=0CA8QpwUoBQ&fp=cdde7568afd2b943

MISS NANCY BUSH BECOMES A BRIDE; She Is Attended by Nine at...

$3.95 - New York Times - Oct 27, 1946

William Butts Macomber of Rochester, NY, was best man. The ushers were George HW and Jonathan James Bush, brothers of the bride; David A. and . ...

...Mr. JENNER. Was it university connected?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. I don't remember. But it is Baylor Hospital, in Dallas. It is not the same as Baylor University. It is called Baylor Hospital.

Mr. JENNER. All right.

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. And she stayed there as a resident. I worked very often in my office in Dallas, instead of Abilene, and continued my partnership with Ed Hooker. But there developed a tremendous animosity between Ed Hooker's wife and my wife, Didi.

Mr. JENNER. And Ed Hooker's wife was----

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. Was an ex-model, very attractive girl, Marion. And probably my wife snubbed her or something. She didn't come from such a prominent family.

Anyway, there was a great deal of animosity there. And Ed told me, "George, you are a fool to marry this girl--she is nuts." She had had nervous breakdowns.

Mr. JENNER. This is Mr. Hooker's wife? ...

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C06E7D6103AF93BA35751C1A9609C8B63

Paid Notice - Deaths <br> HOOKER, MARION BUTLER - Paid...

nytimes.com - Dec 8, 2006

Beloved wife of the late Edward Gordon Hooker. Loving mother of Peggy Hooker Mejia of New York City and Suzanne Hooker Ainslie of Palm Beach and adoring ...

$3.95 - New York Times - Sep 14, 1973

The bridegroom s parents are Mr. and Mrs. B . Rionda Braga of Alpine, ... George HW Bush, chair of the Republican National Committee, escorted the bride, ...

http://www.google.com/search?q=ernest+Byfield+gladys+tartiere+kennedy&hl=en&ned=us&tbo=u&tbs=bks:1&source=og&sa=N&tab=np#hl=en&safe=off&q=macomber%20mckinsey%20ainslie&psj=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=nw&psj=1&fp=cdde7568afd2b943

John D. Macomber, Michael L. Ainslie relationship map - Muckety

John D. Macomber, Michael L. Ainslie, profile page and interactive relationship ... Michael L. Ainslie past relationships: McKinsey & Company - associate ...

www.muckety.com/Query?SearchResult=6150...1888...?_r... - Cached

Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. (LEHMQ.PK) People | Reuters.com

Mr. Ainslie is a Director of the St. Joe Company and Lehman Brothers Bank, FSB. ... to 1986 and a Senior Partner at McKinsey & Company from 1954 to 1973. Mr. Macomber is a Director of Collexis Holdings, Inc. and Stewart & Stevenson LLC. ...

http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/companyOfficers?symbol

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=bks&tbo=1&q=celanese+thomas+j+devine+vice+president++&btnG=Search+Books#q=celanese%20john%20macomber&hl=en&safe=off&tbs=nws:1,ar:1&source=lnt&sa=X&psj=1&ei=Xv9ETYKiEM_TgAeGhI2aAg&ved=0CBQQpwUoCg&fp=cdde7568afd2b943'>http://www.google.com/search?tbm=bks&tbo=1&q=celanese+thomas+j+devine+vice+president++&btnG=Search+Books#q=celanese%20john%20macomber&hl=en&safe=off&tbs=nws:1,ar:1&source=lnt&sa=X&psj=1&ei=Xv9ETYKiEM_TgAeGhI2aAg&ved=0CBQQpwUoCg&fp=cdde7568afd2b943

Macomber Is Elected President of Celanese In Realignment...

Pay-Per-View - Wall Street Journal - Apr 25, 1973

By a WALL STREET JOURNAL Staff Reporter NEW YORK Celanese Corp. said John D. Macomber, until now a director of McKinsey & Co., management consultants, ...

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=bks&tbo=1&q=celanese+thomas+j+devine+vice+president++&btnG=Search+Books

Business week‎ - Page 81

Business & Economics - 1973

In the first lent," Celanese last month picked Thomas J. Devine, an oil and gas

consultant, to fill a new corporate vice- presidential post, which includes

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&tbs=nws:1%2Car%3A1&q=macomber+best+man+devine+train&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=macomber+best+man+devine+train&psj=1&fp=cdde7568afd2b943

Miss Alexandra Mills Is Bride of TJ Devine

$3.95 - New York Times - Apr 15, 1973

William B. Macomber Jr., United States. Ambassador to Turkey, was best man. Mrs. Devine attended the Green Vale School in Glen Head, L. r., and graduated ...

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=bks&tbo=1&q=fortunate+sun+financiers+John+D.+Macomber&btnG=Search+Books#sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&tbo=1&tbs=bks:1&source=hp&q=fortunate+son+financiers+John+D.+Macomber&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=fortunate+son+financiers+John+D.+Macomber&psj=1&fp=dded8f20a6bb9442

Fortunate Son: George W. Bush and the Making of an American President‎ - Page 66

by James Hatfield - Biography & Autobiography - 2001 - 417 pages

Some of the largest financiers included: John D. Macomber, CEO of Celanese Corp.

and William H. Draper HI, a leading venture capital investor. ...

http://www.google.com/search?q=ernest+Byfield+gladys+tartiere+kennedy&hl=en&ned=us&tbo=u&tbs=bks:1&source=og&sa=N&tab=np#hl=en&safe=off&q=rionda%20braga%20joseph%20dryer&um=1&psj=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=pw&psj=1&fp=2e541dc7eaf46b78

Braga Brothers Collection - UF Special and Area Studies Collections

Most of the earliest correspondence is to Bernardo Braga Rionda, head of the Export .... Dryer. Box 1. Dryer Brothers. Box 1. Dryer, Joseph - Cuba. ...

www.uflib.ufl.edu/spec/manuscript/Braga/braga4.htm

http://www.google.com/search?q=ernest+Byfield+gladys+tartiere+kennedy&hl=en&ned=us&tbo=u&tbs=bks:1&source=og&sa=N&tab=np#sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&q=braga+malone+joseph+dryer&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=braga+malone+joseph+dryer&psj=1&fp=dded8f20a6bb9442

Braga Brothers Collection - UF Special and Area Studies Collections

Series 51 contains the administrative files of Michael J. P. Malone who served as vice ... Dryer. Box 1. Dryer Brothers. Box 1. Dryer, Joseph - Cuba. ...

www.uflib.ufl.edu/spec/manuscript/Braga/braga4.htm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A3686-2004Sep7.html

Wedding Bells for Robert McNamara

By Roxanne Roberts

Washington Post Staff Writer

Wednesday, September 8, 2004; Page C01

"Romantic" is not the first word that comes to mind when referring to Robert McNamara, but the 88-year-old former defense secretary is a dove when it comes to love. McNamara will wed his Italian-born sweetheart, Diana Masieri Byfield, next week in a ceremony in Italy....

...Byfield was born in Aviano, Italy, and still has a thick accent, although she came to the United States more than 40 years ago. As a teenager she showed horses and drove rally cars. She was married for more than three decades to Ernest Byfield, a former OSS officer and public relations executive.

Edited by Tom Scully

Guest Robert Morrow

I repeat: I think it is 99%+ that Robert and Jackie Kennedy were having an intense love affair, among other flings, from 1964 to 1968.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1198991/REVEALED-The-FBIs-secret-Kennedy-files-showed-Bobby-Jackie-lovers.html

REVEALED: The FBI's top secret Kennedy files that showed Bobby and Jackie were loversBy C. David Heymann

Last updated at 10:55 AM on 12th July 2009

On the evening of November 25, 1963, the widowed Jackie Kennedy walked through Arlington National Cemetery, near Washington DC, with her brother-in-law Bobby. At the grave of Jackie's husband John, who had been assassinated three days previously, the pair dropped to their knees and prayed.

Afterwards, Jackie placed lilies of the valley on the earth. Then, holding hands, the widow and younger brother of John Fitzgerald Kennedy returned to their car.

They were joined in grief, but soon their relationship went beyond shared sorrow - becoming a clandestine affair that ended only when Bobby decided to run for President in 1968.

Jackie with her son John Jr and Bobby Kennedy in Hyannis Port, Cape Cod, in 1964

The romance was always doomed, punctuated by flings on both sides. And all the time waiting on the sidelines was the shipping magnate Aristotle Onassis, plotting to possess Jackie and destroy Bobby.

I first heard whispers of a romantic involvement between Robert and Jacqueline Kennedy while researching and conducting interviews for A Woman Named Jackie, my 1989 biography of the former First Lady. Because Jackie was still alive, my interviewees were reluctant to discuss the romance in detail.

Following Jackie's death in 1994 - and after I had begun work on RFK, my biography of Robert Kennedy - interview subjects, old and new, were more eager to explore the topic.

After the publication of RFK in 1998, I continued to probe the subject, collecting more material. I was aided in part by the release in 2007 of a set of previously unavailable reports and briefs prepared by the Secret Service and the FBI, released to me under the American Freedom of Information Act.

Covering the years 1964 to 1968, when the liaison took place, these documents confirmed what I had already ascertained in hundreds of hours of personal interviews - there had indeed been an affair.

I don't doubt that some will remain sceptical that Bobby and Jackie were romantically involved. In the course of writing four books on the Kennedys and another on Washington's female power brokers, I met individuals who still deny the rampant womanising of JFK. Indeed, it took The New York Times 30 years to admit that JFK had affairs outside his marriage.

Moreover, if Bobby and Jackie had an affair, how did they manage to keep it out of the public eye? The answer is that in the Sixties the private lives of public figures were simply not covered by the media - certainly not to the extent they are today. It was also easier to suppress newspaper stories 40 years ago.

Yet Bobby had always been the Kennedy relative Jackie felt most comfortable with. In fact, it was Bobby who convinced his elder brother John to marry Jacqueline Bouvier in 1953. Bobby saw Jackie as a potentially invaluable political weapon, with her finishing-school polish and academic prowess.

Bobby had wed Ethel Skakel, daughter of a coal magnate, in 1950: by the time of JFK's murder, the couple already had eight children.

Despite his family commitments, Bobby was close to Jackie. Writer Truman Capote, a great friend of Jackie's, said Bobby served a crucial role for her: 'As First Lady, she constantly turned to RFK for advice and support.'

This continued after John's death, as Jackie began to burnish her unfaithful husband's image for posterity. The former First Lady's education had given her a fine sense of history. It was she who came up with the notion of Camelot, likening her husband's presidency to King Arthur's court, with its high morals and ideals.

Bobby's rival: Jackie Kennedy with Aristotle Onassis in 1968

But if JFK had been Arthur, then Bobby was increasingly playing Lancelot to Jackie's Guinevere, especially when it came to helping raise her offspring. Bobby was soon spending more time with Jackie, and her children, Caroline and John Jr, than he did with his own large family.

He'd show up at Jackie's Washington home early in the morning and sit with the children while they had breakfast. He played games with them, read bedtime stories to them and spoke to them about their father, constantly reminding them what a great man he had been.

The ballerina Dame Margot Fonteyn, Jackie's guest at her Washington home in January 1964, confirmed that Bobby was often around.

'They seemed uncommonly close,' she told me in an interview before her death, 'no doubt drawn to one another by their shared loss'.

Another visitor to Jackie's house in that period was Aristotle Onassis, who had resumed his romance with Jackie's younger sister, Lee Radziwill. To Bobby's annoyance, the tycoon provided Jackie, then 34, with financial assistance.

However, things were moving fast between 38-year-old Bobby and Jackie. Over Easter 1964, Ethel took Jackie's children and her own on a ski trip, while Bobby, Jackie, Lee and JFK's friend Chuck Spalding went to Antigua.

It didn't take much to see Bobby and Jackie were developing something more than friendship. They held hands, touched, whispered into each other's ears. Every morning they took a long walk together along the shore.

At night they huddled on a veranda and gazed at the starlit sky. 'There was definitely something between them,' said Spalding. 'You had to be dumb, deaf and blind not to sense it.'

Despite Bobby Kennedy's often rough, tough, hard-nosed veneer, Jackie had always felt compassion and tenderness for him. Ken O'Donnell, one of JFK's closest aides, recalled how the former First Lady had expressed her affection for her brother-in-law.

'I wish you were an amoeba, so you could multiply and there would be two or more of you,' she once told Bobby.

At first though, their relationship was furtive. Two months after returning from Antigua, Bobby took Jackie and Ethel on a dinner cruise around the Potomac River on the presidential yacht.

At one point, Bobby and his sister-in-law disappeared below deck alone.

'I have no idea what transpired between them,' JFK's speechwriter Arthur Schlesinger, a fellow guest, told me. 'But when they returned, they looked as chummy and relaxed as a pair of Cheshire cats.'

Family secrets: Jackie with John F. Kennedy, then a senator, and their daughter Caroline in 1960

Inevitably, Ethel Kennedy began to resent the gradually increasing chatter among family, friends and gossip columnists that her husband was spending too much time in the company of his brother's widow.

It reached the point where she confronted David Ormsby-Gore, British ambassador to the United States during the Kennedy administration, and asked what, if anything, he knew about the relationship.

She posed the same question to Hervé Alphand, the former French ambassador. Neither of the men proved helpful in providing Ethel with the information she sought.

In August 1964 Bobby announced he would move to New York to run for the Senate. Jackie, too, made plans to relocate to Manhattan. Meanwhile, Ethel stayed with her children at the Kennedy home in Hickory Hill, Virginia.

Once in Manhattan, the records show the romance intensified. It was often turbulent, with both Bobby and Jackie seeking revenge for the other's indiscretions.

When Bobby became involved with the daughter of a New York socialite, the former First Lady initiated an affair with a San Francisco architect. She jettisoned him after less than a month and went back to Bobby, supporting his New York senatorial campaign.

By now, Jackie was one of the most recognisable women in the world and was more than happy to lend her fame to Bobby's bid for political office, even allowing her children to participate.

Indeed, it was Jackie who enlisted the help of Lyndon B. Johnson, who took over as President after JFK's assassination - no mean feat given the hostility that existed between Bobby and the President.

So deep was that resentment that Johnson ordered the FBI to spy on Bobby during the 1964 Democratic Convention, fearing the younger Kennedy would attempt to wrest the presidential nomination from him. But Bobby appeared to have other things on his mind.

In a restricted file that I have been shown, FBI boss J. Edgar Hoover reported: 'The subject seems to spend all his free time with Mrs John F. Kennedy. Although it can't be confirmed at this time, they appear to be sharing the same hotel suite.'

Similar intimacies existed in New York: Bobby's official driver would drop his boss in front of Jackie's Fifth Avenue apartment building around midnight, retrieving him the next morning.

'He'd stride out of the building with a grin on his face and a twinkle in his eye,' said the driver.

Tragic tie: Bobby and Jackie Kennedy hold hands as they leave John F. Kennedy's grave. Soon the two were having an affair

It was hard for the couple to hide their mutual affection. A friend recalled a weekend during Bobby's campaign when he visited Ethel at Hickory Hill.

'There was this great snapshot of Jackie and I commented on it. Ethel looked at it, but didn't utter a word. Bobby took a look. "She is beautiful, isn't she?" he commented.

'"She's an attractive woman," Ethel conceded. "Thank you for saying so," replied Bobby. You could have cut the tension in the room with a knife. After another minute or two, Ethel rose and left the room.'

In autumn of 1964, Jackie told officials she did not need Secret Service protection at her apartment overnight. Former White House Press secretary Pierre Salinger suggested another, more obvious motive: it meant Bobby could come and go without having to log in with Secret Service personnel.

Many Secret Service files on Jackie from this period have mysteriously disappeared. But one, from October 1964, reveals that Bobby and Jackie shared a bedroom on at least one occasion at a relative's New York apartment. Another says they stayed in a hotel suite together.

By now their affair was one of New York's worst-kept secrets. Franklin Roosevelt Jr, son of the former President, told me he was amazed Bobby and Jackie's romance had remained under wraps.

'The two of them carried on like a pair of lovesick teenagers,' said Roosevelt. 'I suspect Bobby would've liked to dump Ethel and marry Jackie, but of course that wasn't possible.'

During Christmas 1964, after Bobby won his Senate seat, Mary Harrington, a former lover, was staying in a house overlooking the Kennedy estate in Palm Beach, Florida.

One morning she saw Jackie sunbathing topless on the grass. Bobby walked out and knelt by Jackie's side and started kissing and fondling her.

'After a minute or so, she walked toward the house. Bobby followed. I was shocked. It was clear Bobby was sleeping with his sister-in-law,' said Harrington.

Being a single woman once again, Jackie represented a tremendous threat to all the married women in her social circle. With her fame, beauty and fashion sense, she had only to enter a room for the conversation to come to a halt.

Men would rush over to speak to her, while those who didn't approach were intrigued but also intimidated. She intimidated men and made women jealous.

It therefore took a certain kind of man to become romantically involved with somebody as famous as Jacqueline Kennedy. One such man was Aristotle Onassis, whose audacity, tenacity and wealth finally won Jackie over - up to a point.

Camelot: The term for the Kennedy White House was coined by Jackie, seated here in front of Bobby in a family photo on JFK's 1960 victory

She and JFK first met Onassis in 1960, when they attended a banquet aboard his yacht. Three years later, Onassis and Lee Radziwill began their highly publicised affair.

Bobby Kennedy could barely disguise his hatred of Onassis, who was 25 years his senior.

'I've known that b*****d for years,' Bobby once told a friend. 'He was a snake then and he's still a snake. Other than his bankroll, I don't understand what Jackie sees in him.'

On another occasion Bobby said: 'If it were up to me, I'd sink his f****** yacht - and the goddamn Greek with it.'

The former First Lady joined Onassis aboard that yacht on a five-day cruise to Nassau in February 1965. Although she had no intention of embarrassing Bobby politically by becoming involved with Onassis, Jackie realised that if she didn't accede to Onassis's sexual demands, she risked losing his patronage.

A friend of Onassis said Jackie was the most money-hungry woman she had ever met. 'She lusted after money and craved the kind of lifestyle only he could provide. Whenever Ari saw her he handed her an envelope full of cash. He was used to paying for sex.'

John Meyer, an Onassis aide who I interviewed, told me his boss had boasted: 'You'll be happy to know I finally bagged the queen.'

'Bobby,' he went on, 'just sees me as the rich p**** moving in on his brother's widow. Sooner or later, it'll come to a test of wills.'

Onassis was indeed a threat to Bobby's ambitions. The tycoon boasted he could 'bring down' the senator by revealing his affair with his sister-in-law.

'I could bury that sucker,' said Onassis, 'although I'd lose Jackie in the process. But can't you just see the headlines?'

Jackie carried on juggling both affairs at the same time.

On one occasion she returned from a trip abroad to find two imposing bouquets waiting for her. They were accompanied by identically worded cards saying 'welcome home'. The first was from Bobby, the second Onassis. She was expert at playing one lover off against the other.

When Jackie heard that one of Bobby's office workers had 'fallen in love' with the senator, she retaliated by turning to Onassis again, visiting him at his townhouse in Avenue Foch, Paris.

Opera diva Maria Callas, Onassis's 'official' companion, appeared unannounced and a row ensued. Onassis told an aide: 'The two of them nearly came to blows. I had to separate them.' Before Maria left, she called Jackie a 'geisha girl'.

Despite such hiccups, Jackie's affair with Onassis continued. After her children began the new school year in autumn 1967, Jackie spent five days on Skorpios, Onassis's private Greek island. According to an aide, Onassis proposed to her during the visit, but she put him off.

Bobby understood that Jackie would marry another man but he couldn't bear the thought of it being his arch-enemy. When Pierre Salinger brought up the subject, Bobby said: 'She'll marry that man over my dead body.'

Of course, Onassis, then 61, wanted to wed Jackie immediately, but he understood it wouldn't happen until after the 1968 presidential election. 'She's worth the wait,' he told an associate. 'There's something mystifying about her. She possesses a carnal soul.'

In March 1968, Bobby announced he would be seeking the Democratic presidential nomination.

'Won't it be wonderful when we're back in the White House?' Jackie asked at a family gathering. Ethel replied: 'What do you mean "we"? You're not running. This is our moment in the sun.'

Although inured by this time to Ethel's bluntness, Jackie knew that if Bobby were to become President, Ethel would indeed be made First Lady. Jackie had to come to terms with reality and accept that her future lay outside Washington politics.

For all the love that had flowed between them, Bobby and Jackie's four-year affair finally came to an end.

Jackie, though, still had an important role in the presidential campaign.

As an American heroine, she could make or break the Kennedy clan's efforts to secure Bobby's victory. For that reason Jackie assured Bobby that she would not announce her marriage to Onassis until after the election in November, if she married him at all.

In March 1968, Lyndon B. Johnson shocked the nation by announcing he would not seek his party's nomination for another term in office.

By dropping out, Johnson appeared to have paved the way for Bobby's victory.

Jackie should have been thrilled by the news but suddenly she began to question Bobby's presidential quest.

'Do you know what I think will happen to Bobby?' she asked Arthur Schlesinger. 'The same thing that happened to Jack. There is so much hatred in this country and more people hate Bobby than hated Jack. That's why I don't want him to be President.'

Her words were to prove appallingly prescient.

She was determined to seduce Brando

Tryst: Marlon Brando found himself chased by Jackie Kennedy

Marlon Brando was another visitor to Jackie's home after her husband's death in 1963. The star included several pages on Jackie in the first draft of his 1994 autobiography, but they were removed before publication. A close friend of Brando's showed me the first draft.

In February 1964, Jackie, then 34, and her sister had dinner with Brando and his business manager. After dinner, the two sisters were joined at Jackie's house by their dinner companions.

Jackie and Brando danced and drank together. While dancing, Jackie, who was deeply attracted to Brando, 'pressed her thighs' suggestively into his. They sat down and began to 'make out'.

In Brando's words: 'From all I'd read and heard about her, Jacqueline Kennedy seemed coquettish and sensual but not particularly sexual.

'If anything, I pictured her as more voyeur than player. But that wasn't the case. She kept waiting for me to try to get her into bed.

'When I failed to make a move, she took matters into her own hands and popped the magic question, "Would you like to spend the night?" And I said, "I thought you'd never ask."'

A week later, Jackie again saw Brando. Commenting on Jackie's 'boyish hips' and 'muscular frame', the actor said: 'I'm not sure she knew what she was doing sexually, but she did it well.'

After that second meeting, Jackie pursued Brando no further.

© C. David Heymann.

Bobby And Jackie by C. David Heymann will be published

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1198991/REVEALED-The-FBIs-secret-Kennedy-files-showed-Bobby-Jackie-lovers.html#ixzz1CV8SHYY9

Edited by Robert Morrow

Guest Tom Scully

I repeat: I think it is 99%+ that Robert and Jackie Kennedy were having an intense love affair, among other flings, from 1964 to 1968.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1198991/REVEALED-The-FBIs-secret-Kennedy-files-showed-Bobby-Jackie-lovers.html

REVEALED: The FBI's top secret Kennedy files that showed Bobby and Jackie were loversBy C. David Heymann

On the evening of November 25, 1963, the widowed Jackie Kennedy walked through Arlington National Cemetery, near Washington DC, with her brother-in-law Bobby....

What a fraud.

Roy Cohn despised Bobby. First for leaving McCarthy and then switching sides, and then going after him as AG. In fact, in the really good film about Cohn with James Woods, RFK's ghost is pictured as haunting the dying Cohn.

.."Dick always worked the dark side," says Rudy Moore, a Clinton aide in Arkansas, "so Bill could move toward the light." In a series of exclusive, wide-ranging interviews with Time, Morris put it this way: "He shaped me into his tool. He looked at his life and saw what he needed, and I became that."...

Robert, since your posts are almost exclusively related to sexual themes, you are probably the best person to ask whether or not Dick Morris intended a sexual metaphor, as quoted in the Times magazine excerpt, above?

Besides Ron Paul and maybe his son, Sen. Rand, do you consider any prominent politician in any other context than what amounts to a sexual activity related litmus test?

Guest Robert Morrow

On the evening of November 25, 1963, the widowed Jackie Kennedy walked through Arlington National Cemetery, near Washington DC, with her brother-in-law Bobby....

What a fraud.

Robert, since your posts are almost exclusively related to sexual themes, you are probably the best person to ask whether or not Dick Morris intended a sexual metaphor, as quoted in the Times magazine excerpt, above?

Besides Ron Paul and maybe his son, Sen. Rand, do you consider any prominent politician in any other context than what amounts to a sexual activity related litmus test?

A politician's sex life tells a LOT about them. It offers a key insight into their motivations, their weaknesses, their character or lack thereof, their trustworthiness, whether they are compromised, if they are blackmailed or blackmailable, if they have an addictive behavior.

A lot of people and politicians have double lives or secret lives: some are closet homosexuals (Republicans are more desperate to cover this up), or cheating with their secretary, or are wildly promiscous, seeing prostitutes, etc.

If you want to find out what a powerful man is REALLY doing then talk to his mistress or his secretary; usually it is a woman who the man has a close bond with whether or not he is having sex with her. Some men are more close to their mistresses (the case of Robert Kennedy and Jackie is a perfect example) than they are to their wives. Ditto secretaries.

Some people call these people secretaries, others call them the powerful man's chief enabler. Bill Clinton's secretary certainly functioned in this fashion.

Besides sex life, a politician's drug or alcohol use, or misuse and abuse give key insights to the person. Also, worth watching is watch the politician does to COVER UP their dysfunctional or socially unacceptable sex, drug or alchol life. Do they hire private detectives to intimidate women, threaten reporters, or even use the intelligence agencies to kill investigators (see Franklin Scandal, Omaha 1991, case of Gary Caradori for one example).

Guest Robert Morrow

An author has been proven to actually put words in dead people's mouths. That is not enough.

An author has been proven to actually fake interviews with live people. That is not enough.

An author was almost indicted by the local DA for fraud. That is not enough.

An author then fled the country to escape legal action. That is not enough.

An author's publisher then had to pulp 60,000 copies of a book. That is not enough.

An author then does a deal with the Mossad to gain reentry into the USA. That is not enough.

After such a deal, said author now begins to write almost exclusively on the Kennedys, or Kennedy related. That is not enough.

The author then uses all of his previous techniques, in addition to just making stuff up completely. That is not enough.

One might ask, as many are, what is enough to accept a writer as discredited?

If Heymann admitted all of the above in a signed affidavit, would that do the trick?

Correct. There is just too much stuff out that Robert and Jackie Kennedy were having an affair. And I think that is an important thing to understand. In fact, I think the evidence is overwhelming of it and I do not think that Heymann fabricated his whole book. If half of it is true, or even 1/4 of it, then RFK and Jackie were having a big time affair.

Vii “Thereafter nearly every biographer of Bobby or Jackie, including volumes by Edward Klein, Christopher Anderson, Sarah Bradford, and Peter Evans, capitalized on my research and reported on the Bobby-Jackie affair, in certain instances adding new details to those already known.”

p. 113 "Chuck Spalding, who remained close to the clan, told John F. Kennedy biographer Nigel Hamilton that Bobby and Jackie were involved almost to the end of Bobby's life, and that their liaison had helped to restore the First Lady's emotional health."

DA: Anecdotally, RFK is placed suspiciously close to the Marilyn Monroe death scene, by wiretappers and Teamster sources and a food chain of opportunistic authors.

This is pure balderdash.

RFK was in no way "suspiciously close to the MM death scene". Unless 600 miles is "suspiciously close". The guy was near San Francisco visiting a friend of his while speaking at a lawyers' function. There were witnesses to what he was doing at the time.

According to Don Wolfe's book on Marilyn Monroe (and it is a very good book, written by a careful researcher) RFK was here in Los Angeles that night, and that is not a rumor or an urban legend. Wolfe's book starts with the incident of RFK and two others being pulled over on Sunset Boulevard for speeding (RFK was a passenger). Of course, that is just an assertion by an author, and so I followed up on the matter. Matters changed for me when I met the law partner of one of the car's passengers. I have known him for about a decade now and he is perfectly credible. His law partner, now deceased, was in that car. With Bobby. The officer pulled them over for speeding, saw that it was Bobby Kennedy, and let them go.

Wolfe's book starts with this incident. And it moves on from there.

(FYI: Don Wolfe had no idea that this corroboration existed when he wrote his book. Wolfe was relying on the police officer interviews that he had; and I assume that you are aware that there are one or more police officers who maintain that to be the case).

Make of all this what you will. I am no "Marilyn Monroe" expert. But I don't see how the combined accounts of both the police officer(s) and the attorney, whose partner was in the car, can be easily discounted. Rather, I am somewhat skeptical of the RFK friend, in northern California, who was used as an alibi witness to place him up there, that entire evening.

DSL

1/30/11; 1:15 PM PST

Los Angeles, CA

...and the plot thickens:

"As the Attorney General of the United States, Robert F Kennedy, was making his escape after having murdered movie star legend, Marilyn Monroe, with a poison suppository--his escape vehicle was pulled over on a routine traffic stop. In their haste, the accomplices--particularly the driver of the escape vehicle--were careless. The driver was speeding from the scene of the crime due to anxiety created from his participation in the crime. However, the Los Angeles Police Department's patrolman who pulled them over noticed that one of the occupants was the US Attorney General. Since the LAPD all loved and respected RFK so much--as evidenced by the thorough investigation they did into his murder in 1968--the officer let the driver go with only a warning."

Sorry, for the dripping sarcasm, David. No offense intended, but I'm not buying it at all.